"What is the Democrats' message?"

Mac, I respect the heck out of you for asking real questions to both sides, but I still don't know what you are looking for here. What PR stuff do you think the gop has to do? I know the media is pounding the message that republicans hate all minorities and women. What makes this really tough is that you say the issues don't matter. So the gop can't say that common sense helps everybody. So I assume you want some massive PR campaign that says no, we don't hate you. There are many minority conservatives in government, and the left destroys them. It is sick that the 'they hate you' message applies even to minority conservatives. You say the gop is ignoring this problem, and that saying nothing can be done is a cop out. I think the biggest problem the gop has is that they think it is obvious that common sense policy helps everybody. You are correct, policy won't do a darn thing. This is tough, and I'm sure the gop is looking for something to turn the tide. If someone had the answer, they definately would be doing it. Bright 'We love everybody' buttons with a fancy jingle?
Thanks for the thoughtful and civil response. Two things:

I disagree that much of the GOP even cares about increasing its electoral popularity with minorities. Just look at the posts on this very thread. There are many, many examples of conservatives saying there's no reason to try. There are insults. Put yourself in the shoes of an American Black or Hispanic, and then look at the actions of the GOP: You're told from birth that conservatives don't like you, and many wish you weren't even here. THEN a PRESIDENT is elected who literally claimed to not know how David Duke is, and wants to build a huge wall to protect us from Mexico. And THEN, that same President is SUPPORTED by white nationalists, and David Duke himself. Honestly - what would you think? Would you really think you were "loved", OR are conservatives just CONFIRMING everything you've been told?

Second, this current version of the GOP has been conditioned to equate constructive cooperation with abject capitulation. If the GOP does want the minority vote, it will have to publicly and clearly (1) condemn and distance itself from anyone who is playing into the ignorant stereotypes that minorities can plainly see, (2) stop pretending that racism does not still exist in this country, and go after it, and (3) marginalize the voices that have enabled the Right's most destructive behaviors, people like Hannity, Levin, Jones, et al. , people I call "Division Pimps", those in media who have a vested professional interest in keeping their flocks angry, binary and divided. Holy crap, the original Division Pimp, Rush Limbaugh, is like Mary freakin' Poppins compared to some of these people.

And THAT would just be a START.

OR, the party can keep hiding from the fact that the country is getting browner by the day, and that one magical day minorities will wake up to see how wonderful the GOP is. That appears to be the "strategy". Do nothing, because doing something would be surrender. Clearly, the party is not going to do what I describe above, so, here it comes.

Last edited:
If you think the GOP can continue this way as the country gets browner, okay. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're right.

Clearly the GOP has chosen to do nothing

Your best hope is the destruction of a nation. Importing voters to outvote natives.
I don’t know about the GOP but we aren’t “doing nothing”. We elected Trump to stop this cultural genocide.
And you really think that simply electing Trump is going to stop what's coming?
What is coming for Democrats and their European buddies is far far worse.
What's that?

If you think the GOP can continue this way as the country gets browner, okay. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're right.

Clearly the GOP has chosen to do nothing

Your best hope is the destruction of a nation. Importing voters to outvote natives.
I don’t know about the GOP but we aren’t “doing nothing”. We elected Trump to stop this cultural genocide.
And you really think that simply electing Trump is going to stop what's coming?
What's that?
Vengeance.

If you think the GOP can continue this way as the country gets browner, okay. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're right. Clearly the GOP has chosen to do nothing.
Your best hope is the destruction of a nation. Importing voters to outvote natives. I don’t know about the GOP but we aren’t “doing nothing”. We elected Trump to stop this cultural genocide.
And you really think that simply electing Trump is going to stop what's coming?.
What's that?
Vengeance.
Okie dokie.

:popcorn:

Mac, I respect the heck out of you for asking real questions to both sides, but I still don't know what you are looking for here. What PR stuff do you think the gop has to do? I know the media is pounding the message that republicans hate all minorities and women. What makes this really tough is that you say the issues don't matter. So the gop can't say that common sense helps everybody. So I assume you want some massive PR campaign that says no, we don't hate you. There are many minority conservatives in government, and the left destroys them. It is sick that the 'they hate you' message applies even to minority conservatives. You say the gop is ignoring this problem, and that saying nothing can be done is a cop out. I think the biggest problem the gop has is that they think it is obvious that common sense policy helps everybody. You are correct, policy won't do a darn thing. This is tough, and I'm sure the gop is looking for something to turn the tide. If someone had the answer, they definately would be doing it. Bright 'We love everybody' buttons with a fancy jingle?
Thanks for the thoughtful and civil response. Two things:

I disagree that much of the GOP even cares about increasing its electoral popularity with minorities. Just look at the posts on this very thread. There are many, many examples of conservatives saying there's no reason to try. There are insults. Put yourself in the shoes of an American Black or Hispanic, and then look at the actions of the GOP: You're told from birth that conservatives don't like you, and many wish you weren't even here. THEN a PRESIDENT is elected who literally claimed to not know how David Duke is, and wants to build a huge wall to protect us from Mexico. And THEN, that same President is SUPPORTED by white nationalists, and David Duke himself. Honestly - what would you think? Would you really think you were "loved", OR are conservatives just CONFIRMING everything you've been told?

Second, this current version of the GOP has been conditioned to equate constructive cooperation with abject capitulation. If the GOP does want the minority vote, it will have to publicly and clearly (1) condemn and distance itself from anyone who is playing into the ignorant stereotypes that minorities can plainly see, (2) stop pretending that racism does not still exist in this country, and go after it, and (3) marginalize the voices that have enabled the Right's most destructive behaviors, people like Hannity, Levin, Jones, et al. , people I call "Division Pimps", those in media who have a vested professional interest in keeping their flocks angry, binary and divided. Holy crap, the original Division Pimp, Rush Limbaugh, is like Mary freakin' Poppins compared to some of these people. And THAT would just be a START.

OR, the party can keep hiding from the fact that the country is getting browner by the day, and that one magical day minorities will wake up to see how wonderful the GOP is. That appears to be the "strategy". Do nothing, because doing something would be surrender. Clearly, the party is not going to do what I describe above, so, here it comes.
Maybe the GOP should treat non-white people the way the Democrats now treat white people....

Your best hope is the destruction of a nation. Importing voters to outvote natives. I don’t know about the GOP but we aren’t “doing nothing”. We elected Trump to stop this cultural genocide.
And you really think that simply electing Trump is going to stop what's coming?.
What's that?
Vengeance.
Okie dokie.

:popcorn:
You laugh now, but the events going in South Africa are waking up white people in ways that haven't been accomplished for hundreds of years.

The moment that white guilt leash breaks, the Democrats won't have time to react before their party is torched as the outdated relic it has been.

Note the quotes in the thread title. It's not a question, it's a quote, it's what Republicans here ask pretty often.

So here's your answer: The Democrats' message is Trump and the Republicans hate you.

Okay, now you now. The message is, if you're young, old, female, agnostic, gay, black, brown, or poor, Trump and the Republicans hate you. So, Republicans, you don't have to like it or agree with it or think that it's fair. And since many of those groups are quickly increasing in number, more and more people are believing it. It has nothing do to with jobs or incomes or the stock market. This is personal.

So here's a question: What are you going to do about that, specifically? Or do you feel you don't need to do anything?
it's all pretty jr high schoolyard crap on both sides.

the dems basic message / path is a direct rip off from trump. run a platform to undo what the last guy did.

we'll see how well it works for the dems.

The Dems' advantage is in demographics, and they know it.

The Republicans somehow don't seem to care about this.

That's what happens when a political majority that is rapidly losing its demographic influence Gerrymanders its way in to power in spite of those demographics, and tries to drag a democratic society in a direction that it does not want to go.

It's also what happens when the greedy haves in a society buy up as much political influence among said rapidly diminishing majority for the sole purpose of concentrating as much wealth and resources as possible in to as few hands as possible before the wheels inevitably fall off.

The fact that both of those things occurred in coordination with each other makes America 2018 all the more entertaining.

Bear in mind that what we are witnessing is a long-game by conservatives, led by the Christian right, to consolidate undue power beginning in the early 1970's when they saw that the pathway to maintaining national power in spite of the demographic changes favoring the tolerance and protection of America's freaks and weirdos was through the state legislatures and local elections.

Shame The Devil and tell the truth, it was a well played long-term political strategy, but even the guys who conceived of it probably predicted the wheels would eventually fall off. Just goes to show how personal agendas and personal profit can be put ahead of democracy, country and society

Note the quotes in the thread title. It's not a question, it's a quote, it's what Republicans here ask pretty often.

So here's your answer: The Democrats' message is Trump and the Republicans hate you.

Okay, now you now. The message is, if you're young, old, female, agnostic, gay, black, brown, or poor, Trump and the Republicans hate you. So, Republicans, you don't have to like it or agree with it or think that it's fair. And since many of those groups are quickly increasing in number, more and more people are believing it. It has nothing do to with jobs or incomes or the stock market. This is personal.

So here's a question: What are you going to do about that, specifically? Or do you feel you don't need to do anything?

the dems basic message / path is a direct rip off from trump. run a platform to undo what the last guy did.

That's what happens when a political majority that is rapidly losing its demographic influence Gerrymanders its way in to power in spite of those demographics, and tries to drag a democratic society in a direction that it does not want to go.

It's also what happens when the greedy haves in a society buy up as much political influence among said rapidly diminishing majority for the sole purpose of concentrating as much wealth and resources as possible in to as few hands as possible before the wheels inevitably fall off.

The fact that both of those things occurred in coordination with each other makes America 2018 all the more entertaining.

Bear in mind that what we are witnessing is a long-game by conservatives, led by the Christian right, to consolidate undue power beginning in the early 1970's when they saw that the pathway to maintaining national power in spite of the demographic changes favoring the tolerance and protection of America's freaks and weirdos was through the state legislatures and local elections.

Shame The Devil and tell the truth, it was a well played long-term political strategy, but even the guys who conceived of it probably predicted the wheels would eventually fall off. Just goes to show how personal agendas and personal profit can be put ahead of democracy, country and society
Agreed.

I do think what has made this far worse for them in the long run is the introduction of those voices who have completely led them astray, convincing them that giving an inch or even communicating equates to abject surrender, capitulation. Their very thought processes have literally been changed over the last 30 years, to the point where I believe them when they say they don't know what to do.

The reason that Crooked Hillary lost was that she had no message Americans wanted to hear.

The idiot ran on a far Left platform to have open borders, demonize the NRA, bring in a million Muslims, raise taxes and curtail the right to keep and bear arms. Who in their right mind would vote for somebody like that? Only the illegals, welfare queens, Moon Bats and queers.

The funny thing as bat shit crazy Libtard that she was she was less crazy than the other Democrat running.

The reason that Crooked Hillary lost was that she had no message Americans wanted to hear.

Such as?

She ran on the exact same platform as dems always have. Trump co-opted it and drowned her out with "crooked hillary" and " lock her up".

Agreed.

I do think what has made this far worse for them in the long run is the introduction of those voices who have completely led them astray, convincing them that giving an inch or even communicating equates to abject surrender, capitulation. Their very thought processes have literally been changed over the last 30 years, to the point where I believe them when they say they don't know what to do.

Your primary advice is to continue to destroy any republicans even accused of racism.

That,

A, destroys good people and loses elections and offices that we can't afford to lose.

and

B. supports the bullshit myth of the GOP as the party of racism.

Agreed.

So much for all your bullshit about the regressive left.

Moronic opportunistic hack.

Agreed.

Your primary advice is to continue to destroy any republicans even accused of racism.

That,

A, destroys good people and loses elections and offices that we can't afford to lose.

and

This idiot believes the GOP is the party of racism.

And lesson for dummies red
Were China to want to match Trump’s latest threat, it wouldn’t have enough American goods imports to target. It could take other measures like curbing package tours or student transfers to the U.S., or hamper American companies operating in China.

“This is starting to feel like the beginnings of a trade war, if simply each proposal is matched with a retaliation,” said Patrick Bennett, a Hong Kong-based strategist at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. “The U.S. risks isolating itself from global trade in this process and we think the U.S., USD and U.S. asset markets have more to lose.”

we would win a trade war and china would lose. previous presidents have allowed china to win and help put this country in huge debt to china, Trump is trying to reverse that.

We don't need Chinese products to survive, but they need American food to survive. We have all the leverage here to stop the unfair advantage they have had for far too long.

how do you win a trade war, trump loon? and how do you think you're better able to gauge the effects of a trade war than actual smart people who are trained in economics.

hint: you can't. :cuckoo:

OK, jelly. does china sell more to America or does America sell more to china? Hint: the country selling the most has the most to lose in a trade war.

Great. Losing anything is putting us worse off then before, fool. Rising prices will negate any gains made through tax cuts.

So to recap, Trump gave us deficit expanding tax cuts and then created artificial inflation that swallows up those gains. He's raised our national debt considerably for no gains.
Brilliant!

Agreed.

That,

and

Okay, just throwing it out there. The plan appears to be to do nothing different, so we'll see how that works out.

Agreed.

As I've said many times, my fear is that you'll screw this up so badly that the Regressive Left will be in charge when the dust settles.

So far you're right on schedule. Thanks loads.

Agreed.

That,

and

Okay, just throwing it out there. The plan appears to be to do nothing different, so we'll see how that works out.

All of this is taking place without any input from republicans. We have no input into the process.

We are on the outside. We can shout the Truth from the roof tops, but we can't make people listen.

Agreed.

That,

and

All of this is taking place without any input from republicans. We have no input into the process.

We are on the outside. We can shout the Truth from the roof tops, but we can't make people listen.
That depends on how you shout the "Truth". If you feel you've done all you can, okay. We'll see how it goes.

Agreed.

As I've said many times, my fear is that you'll screw this up so badly that the Regressive Left will be in charge when the dust settles.

So far you're right on schedule. Thanks loads.
The minorities vote for the regressive left because that is what they want as regressive liars themselves.

If dumbass white Democrats woke up and developed a working brain there would never be a Democratic party ever again.

"What's the Democrats' message?" is something most Republicans these days have to ask because they're too fuckin' stupid to do basic research.

I run a small business and for the life of me I just don't comprehend the modern Republican talking points, which go something like, "Low taxes and cutting burdensome regulations will help small businesses."

Um, no, speaking as a socially progressive/fiscal conservative, DEMAND helps my business. Paying a couple grand less in taxes is alright, but it's negated by the fact that healthcare costs keep rising. And there isn't any regulation standing in my way.

I want demand. Demand is what makes me prosper, not meager little tax cuts while they give the majority of them to billionaires that don't need them. I want increased demand and want more people making more money so they can spend it in the economy. We still have rampant wage stagnation. Wage stagnation is the thing that affects small business owners the most. That's what's standing in our way.

Cost of living continues to outpace wages. From a basic capitalistic view, I had to switch over to the Democrats in my lifetime because their policies literally put more money in the hands of more people, which in effect is the action of trickling down the prosperity that Republicans pay lip service to, but which they never actually DO when they're in power.

All they seem to do nowadays is distract their simpleminded base with targets & strawmen while they rob them blind, just the way they did w/Trump's tax cut, which is a total scam in the long run on the little guy.

We need a real plan to raise wages in this country. When more $ goes to real people, they spend it and small businesses do better as a result, and local economies do bette. No tax cut and no cut in regulations can offset that and Democrats "get" this basic free market concept in a way Republicans just don't, even though they flap their gums a lot about it.

Exactly.

Nearly 70% of GDP is tied to consumer spending. It stands to reason then that the best way to significant, sustained economic growth is through higher wages for the bulk of consumers and not through tax cuts for the wealthy and corps.

Rather than an average annual savings of $1200 the tax cuts produced, the Dems would like to see that same increase monthly through higher wages.

Forum List

Back