What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

gun shows do background checks.

Only if it's a Legally Licensed Gun Dealer. In most states, you can set up your own table and sell guns with NO background checks. Here,, even the dude with the 6 foot table still has to run his buyers through a background check through a legal licensed gun dealer and it costs a whopping 7 bucks and only couple of minutes of time. I use Texas as an example. It's not the worst but certainly not the best. But you can sell your guns at a gun show through private sales and not have a background check ran.
look dude, I know of no place that happens. you're all over the place, come on man!!!

I use Texas as just and example. But here are just a few tidbits that show I am not all over the place but the procurement of the Illegal Guns in Chitown does come from all over the place.

Most Guns in Chicago Crimes Come From Out of State: Report

Where 50,000 Guns Recovered in Chicago Came From

Chicago says the illegal guns fueling the city's violence mostly come from out of state
wow you really wanted to make that point eh? wrong, but whatever!

Wow, when you are faced with facts, it is a bit scary, ain't it.
dude, pull out your facts for me.

If you want to talk about something other than mass murders, start another line and we can talk it about it. Otherwise, this is about Mass Shootings. And try being nicer. You will get much further with me if you are civil.
well guns aren't the number one tool for mass murders. so? box cutters took out ~600 people on 9/11. name another mass murder bigger than that day!!!

That worked because the doors into the cabin could easily been kicked in and most weren't even kept locked. There was no firearm in the Cockpit either. I usually don't advocate more guns but in this case, it might have made a difference. Here are the ways they have stopped this.

1. At least one member of the Cockpit is armed.

2. The doors have been hardened and lock automatically where they lock when they close. You need a key to get them open.

3. More Air Marshals.

If you try that now on anything other than a week hopper flight it won't work. You can't get the guns onto the flight. Even if you use plastic type of knives, they aren't much good when you can't get through the door and the Air Marshals are objecting to it. 9-11 was quite a wakeup call and did make changes in the Airline Industry.
so they didn't go after the box cutter as the solution!!! badda BOOM!!

giphy.gif

They banned box cutter on flights. But for mass shootings, there are more ways to stop them than going to a armed prison style school. One of the best things about America, even when we have a severe problem, we try and not give up all our rights to prevent it from happening again.

You dropped the mike a bit too early.
whoa, you just said in an airplane it's a good thing. what's the difference?

And what rights would anyone be giving up BTW?

Box cutters, no knives, no any blades. Doesn't make it the solution otherwise they wouldn't have buttoned up the doors and provided armed pilots. hmmmmm once agian

giphy.gif

You might want to pick that mike up again. You are littering the stage and someone might trip on it, and if he's a gun crazy, he might shoot you.

Only if it's a Legally Licensed Gun Dealer. In most states, you can set up your own table and sell guns with NO background checks. Here,, even the dude with the 6 foot table still has to run his buyers through a background check through a legal licensed gun dealer and it costs a whopping 7 bucks and only couple of minutes of time. I use Texas as an example. It's not the worst but certainly not the best. But you can sell your guns at a gun show through private sales and not have a background check ran.
look dude, I know of no place that happens. you're all over the place, come on man!!!

I use Texas as just and example. But here are just a few tidbits that show I am not all over the place but the procurement of the Illegal Guns in Chitown does come from all over the place.

Chicago says the illegal guns fueling the city's violence mostly come from out of state

Already did. You just won't accept reality.

If the gun is used in a crime and it''s recovered. But that is if Background Checks were religiously enforced. They aren't so some guns will be untraceable even if recovered. Case in point, You buy a bunch of guns in Texas at gun shows. No background check. You then take them to Chicago where there is a large market for untraceable guns and you sell them for a large profit. The Guns were sold legal in Texas but they were transported to another state. If the sale transaction were to go through a Gun Dealer that is required by law too run the background check then a record of the sale will be on file for X number of years. There is still a problem. The Authorities in Chicago have no way of knowing where to look since the transaction is only on file with the original gun dealer that ran the background check and sold the gun. This is happening now. There is no chain of events to trace the guns back to the last legal purchaser who is the guilty party in another state.
gun shows do background checks.

So you are saying the only people in Chicago who have guns are criminals, despite the fact that Liberals want to strip law-abiding citizens of their right to own a gun...?! Got it. Thank you.

Logic and reading skills are not really in your wheelhouse.

Actually they are. They just don't seem to be in yours. You made the statement that the illegal guns being used for crimes in Chicago come from outside the state. So these crimes are being committed by criminals buying out of state guns....yet liberals want to strip everyone of their Constitutional Right to bare arms.

If you meant something else, learn to say it effectively and do so.

Actually they are. They just don't seem to be in yours. You made the statement that the illegal guns being used for crimes in Chicago come from outside the state. So these crimes are being committed by criminals buying out of state guns....yet liberals want to strip everyone of their Constitutional Right to bare arms.

And that statement hold up. Over 60% of the illegal guns in Chicago comes from outside sources. Most are purchased through legal means, transported to Chicago, sold on the streets to people that should not have them. This makes getting a gun in Chicago nearly as easy as buying a pack of gum.

And that statement hold up. Over 60% of the illegal guns in Chicago comes from outside sources. Most are purchased through legal means, transported to Chicago, sold on the streets to people that should not have them. This makes getting a gun in Chicago nearly as easy as buying a pack of gum.

Except there are no facts supporting that case. All the really know is guns get there but not necessarily by any nefarious intent.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

1. Stop allowing radical Muslims into the U.S.
2. Study the long term effects of ADHD and depression meds and how most mass shooters have previously been on them.
3. Common sense security in our schools, like keeping doors locked during school hours. They can lock them so no one from outside can get in but people inside can push door open in case of fire. Most schools do this after hours so should start now.
4. Allow conceal carry. Criminals, terrorists and crazy people already do this. Sadly, the law abiding people actually give a shit about laws even when it's not in their best interest to follow them.
5. Stop with the hateful rhetoric. While both sides do this, the left (antifa, BLM, and other radicals) have taken it to new heights.
6. Mass shootings are a fairly new problem. If you don't address the mindset, it won't matter how many laws you make.

The left has offered only one solution. Ban guns. How the hell is taking away our only means of defending ourselves going to save lives?

If you are too pussy to carry a gun, you are the problem.

How about a little self-reliance and personal responsibility?

Hoplophobes will get us all killed or make us all slaves. They are a threat to our unbound existence. Such a threat must be eliminated by any means necessary.

The ends justify the means.

so where are the responses to the solutions I gave? you said you read it all. I never heard from you. Go back to the beginning of the thread. I gave solutions you ignored.

Duhryl thinks his control is the only one that will work just like he believes everyone should listen to him on what firearm and what ammo to use
Duhryl is a nutjob. I'll give him another nick name, it seems he likes them. he still hasn't responded to my solutions. until then, he's just a nutjob.

I responded but you don't like the responses. So you admit defeat by insults and uncivil behavior. Then you wonder why the "Common Sense" gun reg are taking hold all over the nation. The mass shootings will be dealt with WITHOUT your help.

No you think your uber-regulation is the only solution

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!
FUCK YOU!!!!!!!

so where are the responses to the solutions I gave? you said you read it all. I never heard from you. Go back to the beginning of the thread. I gave solutions you ignored.

Some of your ideas are already being incorporated. While most are more dangerous than need be. I like what we have done here and it's effective to prevent school and mass shootings. While we can never completely stop them if they are in Vogue, we can minimize the damage. And putting more guns in everyone's hands is not the answer.
My number one solution is this, commit a crime with a gun, you get the death penalty. I bet gun violence would melt away.

Won't make even a slight dent. Most Mass Shooters know the final outcome is probably that either the cops are going kill them or they are going to take their own lives. The Death Penalty won't make a difference on way or another. But since I am what you claim I am, you'll try and insult your way around this. Works for me, cupcake.

and your ideas won't make one iota of a difference in the death toll of mass shootings which is only 1% of all murders anyway

MORE FAKE NEWS!!!!!
MORE FUCK YOU!!!!!!

I'm not talking about mass murders, I'm talking crime with a gun. you know there are other crimes where suspects use guns right? Please don't put yourself into the nutjob category again.

If you want to talk about something other than mass murders, start another line and we can talk it about it. Otherwise, this is about Mass Shootings. And try being nicer. You will get much further with me if you are civil.
well guns aren't the number one tool for mass murders. so? box cutters took out ~600 people on 9/11. name another mass murder bigger than that day!!!

That worked because the doors into the cabin could easily been kicked in and most weren't even kept locked. There was no firearm in the Cockpit either. I usually don't advocate more guns but in this case, it might have made a difference. Here are the ways they have stopped this.

2. The doors have been hardened and lock automatically where they lock when they close. You need a key to get them open.

3. More Air Marshals.

If you try that now on anything other than a week hopper flight it won't work. You can't get the guns onto the flight. Even if you use plastic type of knives, they aren't much good when you can't get through the door and the Air Marshals are objecting to it. 9-11 was quite a wakeup call and did make changes in the Airline Industry.

giphy.gif

They banned box cutter on flights. But for mass shootings, there are more ways to stop them than going to a armed prison style school. One of the best things about America, even when we have a severe problem, we try and not give up all our rights to prevent it from happening again.

Guns are banned in gun free zones too but at least at the airport they check people for box cutters etc where the idiot school administrators just let anyone walk in with a gun

Already did. You just won't accept reality.
you mean like saying the uber regulation of the Ar 15 will reduce school shootings

or that no one can commit a shooting and kill as many people with any other .223 semiautomatic?

you mean those OPINIONS

Trump uses fowl language & you kiss his fast ass every day.

So your real name is Wry Catcher. Who knew? You are just a cowardly POS hiding behind a keyboard too.

Well F U too, I do not take bullies lightly and have no fear of punks like the A-hole who called me a MFer and a piece of shit.

Do I smile and turn the other cheek?

Hell no, I have the ability to stand my ground, and will do so as long as these gun lovers demand their rights are mildly infringed is more valuable than the life of a kid sitting in a classroom.

do you really think that taking guns from sane, law abiding people will keep insane criminals from doing bad things?

the UK is now having a wave of knife crimes, the mid east is being suicide bombed. The problem is not guns, they problem is a sick society full of assholes like you.

Q. "do (I) really think that taking guns from sane, law abiding people will keep insane criminals from doing bad things?"

A. No, and I've never advocated that guns be confiscated unless under the law, and kept or destroyed via a due process examination by the judiciary.

However, if a gun owned by a sane and law abiding person is stolen and this insane or sane person uses the weapon to rob, kill or maim another person, the original owner should be held to answer civilly for any tort by the victim or the victims family.

so if someone steals your car and gets into a wreck killing another person, you are responsible? Do you ever think before posting?

If you left the car running, or unlocked with the keys in it, you damn well could be sued civilly. Do you know the difference a civil and criminal complaint? BTW, I do think about what I post, maybe you ought to try to do so.

Yes, how does a running car that you left unattended equate to an unloaded gun on your closet shelf?

like all libs you want to punish people for what they believe, not what they do. You have become the laughing stock of USMB, keep it up you are entertaining a lot of people with you idiocy.

Some of your ideas are already being incorporated. While most are more dangerous than need be. I like what we have done here and it's effective to prevent school and mass shootings. While we can never completely stop them if they are in Vogue, we can minimize the damage. And putting more guns in everyone's hands is not the answer.
My number one solution is this, commit a crime with a gun, you get the death penalty. I bet gun violence would melt away.

Won't make even a slight dent. Most Mass Shooters know the final outcome is probably that either the cops are going kill them or they are going to take their own lives. The Death Penalty won't make a difference on way or another. But since I am what you claim I am, you'll try and insult your way around this. Works for me, cupcake.
BTW, we just had two events yesterday, one here in Chicago at a hospital and the other in Denver, CO. In Chicago, the suspect is dead, in Denver, last I heard, was still on the loose. domestic disputes. See the thing is, you lefturds think you can control minds. hilarious. truly hilarious.

Yes, more guns so we can have more shootouts.
where do we have shootouts? makey uppy stuff again?

Trump uses fowl language & you kiss his fast ass every day.

So your real name is Wry Catcher. Who knew? You are just a cowardly POS hiding behind a keyboard too.

Well F U too, I do not take bullies lightly and have no fear of punks like the A-hole who called me a MFer and a piece of shit.

Do I smile and turn the other cheek?

Hell no, I have the ability to stand my ground, and will do so as long as these gun lovers demand their rights are mildly infringed is more valuable than the life of a kid sitting in a classroom.

do you really think that taking guns from sane, law abiding people will keep insane criminals from doing bad things?

the UK is now having a wave of knife crimes, the mid east is being suicide bombed. The problem is not guns, they problem is a sick society full of assholes like you.

Q. "do (I) really think that taking guns from sane, law abiding people will keep insane criminals from doing bad things?"

A. No, and I've never advocated that guns be confiscated unless under the law, and kept or destroyed via a due process examination by the judiciary.

However, if a gun owned by a sane and law abiding person is stolen and this insane or sane person uses the weapon to rob, kill or maim another person, the original owner should be held to answer civilly for any tort by the victim or the victims family.

so if someone steals your car and gets into a wreck killing another person, you are responsible? Do you ever think before posting?

Just like firearms, if you report it stolen then you are off the hook. Don't report it stolen and you might be held accountable.

geez, where do you get this crap? If someone steals a gun from my car and I don't realize its missing for several days and in the meantime he shoots another gangbanger with it, its not my responsibility.

Highly unlikely because my car is always locked when I leave it, but I do have a loaded gun (legally) in each of my cars. But if someone manages to steal the car with the gun in it by breaking the lock, what he does with the car and/or the gun is not my responsibility.

3. More Air Marshals.

giphy.gif

whoa, you just said in an airplane it's a good thing. what's the difference?

And what rights would anyone be giving up BTW?

Box cutters, no knives, no any blades. Doesn't make it the solution otherwise they wouldn't have buttoned up the doors and provided armed pilots. hmmmmm once agian

giphy.gif

You might want to pick that mike up again. You are littering the stage and someone might trip on it, and if he's a gun crazy, he might shoot you.
dropped that mic just fine

giphy.gif

Except there are no facts supporting that case. All the really know is guns get there but not necessarily by any nefarious intent.

I already showed where they came from. You just won't accept fact when it's dumped on your lap because it conflicts with your MORE GUNS routine. Well, Chitown is getting more guns from areas that have almost zero regulation. The listed Colorado as well but not since the new laws have passed. You want to keep bitching about the gun crime in Chicago but won't do a thing on an individual state level to stop it. All you have to do is require ALL guns sales to have to have Background checks in all 50 states. Then start picking up the gun buyers that transport and sell to the criminals in the larger cities. The Gun Crime will slowly go down as the Metro Cops confiscates the criminals weapons and there isn't a nice sweet pipeline in to replace them.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

1. Stop allowing radical Muslims into the U.S.
2. Study the long term effects of ADHD and depression meds and how most mass shooters have previously been on them.
3. Common sense security in our schools, like keeping doors locked during school hours. They can lock them so no one from outside can get in but people inside can push door open in case of fire. Most schools do this after hours so should start now.
4. Allow conceal carry. Criminals, terrorists and crazy people already do this. Sadly, the law abiding people actually give a shit about laws even when it's not in their best interest to follow them.
5. Stop with the hateful rhetoric. While both sides do this, the left (antifa, BLM, and other radicals) have taken it to new heights.
6. Mass shootings are a fairly new problem. If you don't address the mindset, it won't matter how many laws you make.

The left has offered only one solution. Ban guns. How the hell is taking away our only means of defending ourselves going to save lives?
again, they are against guns and not about saving lives.

Bad Gun!!!

Forum List

Back