When Did Trump Make You A Protectionist Liberal?

This question is for the fake conservatives (pseudocons). When did New York liberal Democrat Donald Trump turn you into a far left protectionist liberal? What was the turning point?

Haven't you noticed the organizations cheering Trump's tariffs the loudest are LABOR UNIONS?

Let me show you what a real conservative sounds like when it comes to free trade:

I’ve been saying for decades that we needed tariffs to protect our manufacturing jobs. The one thing I have always hated about the GOP was their willingness to allow companies to move jobs overseas for cheap labor and bigger profits. They always drone on about “free trade” which just meant using overseas ultra cheap labor. The Dems didn’t give a shit either, since they have always hated the middle class anyway and would rather they all be unemployed.

Other countries use tariffs against the US, so it’s about time we used them too.

I see you have chosen to ignore the video in the OP and the article written by Friedman in post 4. Is it because it is longer than a tweet?

Just so you know, your viewpoint makes you a liberal on trade. Not a conservative.

That explains your vulnerability to a huckster like Trump.

Friedman is a liberal on trade. He advocates neoliberalism. Removing government barriers is liberating to industry.

Yet Trump keeps adding barriers called tariffs.

Other countries slapping tariffs on our products is free trade, er, or something.
The same real conservative, Milton Friedman, again:

A fourth argument, one that was made by Alexander Hamilton and continues to be repeated down to the present, is that free trade would be fine if all other countries practiced free trade but that, so long as they do not, the United States cannot afford to. This argument has no validity whatsoever, either in principle or in practice. Other countries that impose restrictions on international trade do hurt us. But they also hurt themselves. Aside from the three cases just considered, if we impose restrictions in turn, we simply add to the harm to ourselves and also harm them as well. Competition in masochism and sadism is hardly a prescription for sensible international economic policy! Far from leading to a reduction in restrictions by other countries, this kind of retaliatory action simply leads to further restrictions.

The Case for Free Trade

So, Frank, when did Trump make you a liberal?
285% or so on our chicken products to Canada............Subsidizing timber.............tell me how that's Free Bubba.

We subsidize our dairy industry to the tune of 70% of their income...tell me how we are any different than the nations you whine about.

So are tariffs good or not?

Tariffs are taxes that redistribute wealth to a minority of the population from everyone else. They are designed to engineer economic outcomes by the government.

If Barack Obama raised taxes to redistribute wealth, Trump's supporters would have gone batshit crazy. But when Trump implements a liberal policy, they cheer. It just shows you the hypocrisy in politics.

China's tariffs average 4%, only slightly higher than America's.

B3-BV635_Dshot_NS_20180921031719.png

The Daily Shot: Markets Signalling a Slowdown in Residential Construction
Canada has a 300% tariff on dairy! Is that good or bad?

We subsidize our dairy industry to the tune of 70% of their income...is that good or bad?

This question is for the fake conservatives (pseudocons). When did New York liberal Democrat Donald Trump turn you into a far left protectionist liberal? What was the turning point?

Haven't you noticed the organizations cheering Trump's tariffs the loudest are LABOR UNIONS?

Let me show you what a real conservative sounds like when it comes to free trade:

I’ve been saying for decades that we needed tariffs to protect our manufacturing jobs. The one thing I have always hated about the GOP was their willingness to allow companies to move jobs overseas for cheap labor and bigger profits. They always drone on about “free trade” which just meant using overseas ultra cheap labor. The Dems didn’t give a shit either, since they have always hated the middle class anyway and would rather they all be unemployed.

Other countries use tariffs against the US, so it’s about time we used them too.

I see you have chosen to ignore the video in the OP and the article written by Friedman in post 4. Is it because it is longer than a tweet?

Just so you know, your viewpoint makes you a liberal on trade. Not a conservative.

That explains your vulnerability to a huckster like Trump.

Friedman is a liberal on trade. He advocates neoliberalism. Removing government barriers is liberating to industry.

Yet Trump keeps adding barriers called tariffs.

He is not liberal on trade. He is an interventionist.

Tariffs are taxes that redistribute wealth to a minority of the population from everyone else. They are designed to engineer economic outcomes by the government.

If Barack Obama raised taxes to redistribute wealth, Trump's supporters would have gone batshit crazy. But when Trump implements a liberal policy, they cheer. It just shows you the hypocrisy in politics.

We subsidize our dairy industry to the tune of 70% of their income...is that good or bad?
It’s bad. Let’s stop and see what happens. You game?

I am all for stopping them all. Sadly those we elect are not, including the POTUS. Have you heard Trump once mention doing such a thing?

I am all for stopping them all. Sadly those we elect are not, including the POTUS. Have you heard Trump once mention doing such a thing?
No subsidies for anyone or anything! All the government should do is build roads! Period.

No subsidies for anyone or anything! All the government should do is build roads! Period.

And defend the nation.

So, if you do not mind me asking for, who did you vote for this past presidential election?

And defend the nation.

So, if you do not mind me asking for, who did you vote for this past presidential election?
No! Half of you do not deserve defending! You hate America so much you won’t even pay taxes, then bitch every second of your life about those who do and demand that the taxpayer must pay more! Then, on top of that you want to dictate where the funds that you are unwilling to contribute to must be spent!

No! Half of you do not deserve defending! You hate America so much you won’t even pay taxes, then bitch every second of your life about those who do and demand that the taxpayer must pay more! Then, on top of that you want to dictate where the funds that you are unwilling to contribute to must be spent!

I love it when you sheep get outed for being so full of bullshit. You claim to support one thing, but your votes prove otherwise.

As for my love of this country and the taxes I pay...I spent 20 years of my life defending this country because pieces of shit like you choose to sit back and sponge off of the work of those that defend your freedom to be a lowlife. You claim to love your country but never lifted a finger to serve it.

I can practically guarantee that the check I sent the Feds in April to cover my tax burden not covered by payroll deductions was more than your entire tax burden, so you can kiss my ass with you partisan sheep bullshit.

When your fucking savior in the White House comes out and says he is ending all Ag subsidizes, let me know.

I love it when you sheep get outed for being so full of bullshit. You claim to support one thing, but your votes prove otherwise.

As for my love of this country and the taxes I pay...I spent 20 years of my life defending this country because pieces of shit like you choose to sit back and sponge off of the work of those that defend your freedom to be a lowlife. You claim to love your country but never lifted a finger to serve it.

I can practically guarantee that the check I sent the Feds in April to cover my tax burden not covered by payroll deductions was more than your entire tax burden, so you can kiss my ass with you partisan sheep bullshit.

When your fucking savior in the White House comes out and says he is ending all Ag subsidizes, let me know.
Yes! I’ve heard all this canned talking points bullshit before!

Just the facts mamn, just the facts. You are a freeloader that has never done a thing to earn the freedom you so greatly enjoy.

Trump has always been a New York Democratic liberal. Because pseudocons have no idea what actual conservatism is, they were extremely vulnerable to a huckster like Trump.

Their shocking willingness to accept Trump's liberal protectionism is but one of many examples I will be highlighting in the forthcoming days.

You’re right. Trump is totally a Democrat. Closed borders, free market, increased foreign vetting, law and order... all things the Dems champion.

Oh wait...

Just the facts mamn, just the facts. You are a freeloader that has never done a thing to earn the freedom you so greatly enjoy.
Whatever you think is fine with me!

When did that asshole Obama make you union loving Moon Bats a free market capitalist by not having the courage to work to reduce the tremendous trade deficit? You shitheads never worried about that before. The union bosses that gave so much money to Obama loved the idea of protectionism. Obama just didn't have the courage to force the other countries to reduce the trade deficit. Besides, he was too busy working the NCAA basketball playoff brackets.

Whatever you think is fine with me!

It is not what I think, it is a fact. You never cared enough about this country to give it even 1 minute of your time.

Trump is right. The tremendous trade deficit the US has is a drain on our wealth and something needs to be done about it.

The tariffs are putting pressure on other countries to open up their markets to American goods and that is a good thing.

Free trade has to be both ways and the situation we had for too many years is that other countries were allowed to put barriers on American goods but we did nothing in response.

Thank god Trump has the courage to work the problem. Fuck the other countries if they are butt hurt. We need to stop being their sugar daddy. Trump was elected President of the US, not the President of the World like that dipshit Obama though he was.

Too bad none of the other Presidents had the courage to fix this problem.

Greatest conservative EVER. I've watched many of his videos.

Forum List

Back