Where does the constitution give Congress power to set up national health care?

Where is your evidence that national health care will in fact provide for the general welfare of the country.?
It won't. I said it's their job. I didn't say they did it well.

Sorry loonybird, but that duck don't quack. If you're gonna justify obozocare by the general welfare clause then you must show it will in fact provide for the general welfare. And you can't.

I asked you before where in the Constitution is says it is a limiting document. So far you have failed to show the article. Still waiting.....................:eusa_whistle:
Yes I did.

If you want to play stupid, go right ahead.
Quite frankly I don't give s shit what you asked or demanded.
Do your own fucking homework. I am not here to nursemaid you or anyone else.
Here's a head start. Read the text and annotations of the Tenth Amendment. If that appears confusing or somehow ambiguous, then you simply lack the intelligence to understand.
Oh...Read this.A previous post. If you choose to ignore it and ask again "where is it" then you are simply arguing to argue.
The entire document was written for the express purpose of limiting the power of government.
The concept was that all men are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights.
That the people are protected by this limiting document from the tyranny of democracy and tyranny of an all encompassing government.
Finally the Tenth Amendment spells this out in plain English.....
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

What that means is, now pay attention because this is the last time you will get this explanation, is this. That if the Constitution does not state that the federal government "may" or "shall" it CANNOT.
The entire premise of this idea is that individuals have God given rights. The Constitution was written to spell out that idea and to insure those in government were well informed. The government serves the people. Not the other way around.
I cannot believe any person of reasonable intelligence would believe that government can basically do what it wants with impunity. Do you believe that?
If not, please explain your interpretation of how things are.
Oh. Here in this link is the explanation of enumerated powers.
This should be the end of your silly notion that the federal government has unlimited power.
Federalism | LII / Legal Information Institute

So it is not in the constitution, and therefore not limited. just what I expected. :eusa_whistle:

Yes it is....It's in the articles of federalism as well as the 10th amendment.
Look at the fucking link.....
Oh..here ya go "Mr I want to argue the color of the sky"...
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
CRS/LII Annotated Constitution Tenth Amendment...
You are wrong on so may levels it's not fathomable.....

[

So, now - according to you - the SC has no Constitutional 'right' to rule on the constitutionality of laws? :lol::lol::lol:

So you say they do have such a constitutional right. So where in the constitution is it?

What do you like to say? uranidiot? That fits you well.

coollogo_com-902x132.png

Ponch.jpg

Republicans have a health care plan. They always have had it. It has two "phases":

Phase 1: Don't get sick.

Phase 2: If you get sick, die quickly.

I have health insurance and quite happy with it. I pay for mine, but should not be required to pay for yours

-Geaux

[

So, now - according to you - the SC has no Constitutional 'right' to rule on the constitutionality of laws? :lol::lol::lol:

So you say they do have such a constitutional right. So where in the constitution is it?

The board notes you evaded the question so i will ask again. You claim the constitution gives the supreme court the authority to decide whether or not a law is constitutional - so show us where it says that.

The board notes you evaded the question so i will ask again. You claim the constitution gives the supreme court the authority to decide whether or not a law is constitutional - so show us where it says that.

The Court took that power unto itself in the most famous of court cases, Marbury v. Madison. Since that time it is now accepted by the nation that the Court has that power. Did the framers err in failing to put it in black and white or was it intentional? We may never know. There is evidence that it was assumed and the framers didn't spell it out. No matter, we now accept the idea that the Court does have that power.

]It's their job to maintain the "general welfare" of the country.

If something is harming the country, it's Congress job to step in and enact legislation that stops the threat. In this case, runaway healthcare costs that were resulting in over 50% of bankruptcy's being filed every year.

Where is your evidence that national health care will in fact provide for the general welfare of the country.?

Medicare

So your answer would be to put EVERYBODY on it, then?

Do you honestly believe that our economy can shoulder that expense?

Unless I think that it's a 'living' document. Sorry, but people do have differing opinions on that subject.
The two are mutually exclusive. Living or not, the US Constitution is indeed a limiting document. That is an inescapable fact.

I asked you before where in the Constitution is says it is a limiting document. So far you have failed to show the article. Still waiting.....................:eusa_whistle:

It is a 'limiting document' in that it LIMITS the power of out federally centralized government

The article you're looking for is called the Tenth Amendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

It's called enumerated powers...

…along with implied powers.

The Constitution places limits on both government and individual rights, where rights are inalienable but not absolute.

Constitutional case law finds the balance between what government may limit and what it may not. The greater burden is placed on the state to justify its desire to limit a given right, and the people are at liberty to challenge in Federal court what rights the state seeks to limit.

But the supremacy of the Federal Constitution, Federal laws, and Federal courts is beyond dispute – as originally intended by the Framers, where the states and local jurisdictions are subject to the laws passed by Congress and the rulings made by Federal courts.

It's not there and that means they don't have it - the states do. Obamacare is obviously unconstitutional as is 99% of what the feds do. The states need to grow a pair and scream about this.

Where did the Constitution give Congress power to set up a space program?

The FDA?

The NTSB?

Home-fucking-Land Security?

It's not there and that means they don't have it - the states do. Obamacare is obviously unconstitutional as is 99% of what the feds do. The states need to grow a pair and scream about this.

Where did the Constitution give Congress power to set up a space program?

The FDA?

The NTSB?

Home-fucking-Land Security?

And that's the point "genius" :lol:

With the exception of Home Land Security (which is clearly outlined in the Constitution - defense is the responsibility of the federal government) everything you listed is unconstitutional and a massive waste of tax payer dollars.

Watching you own and humiliate the epic idiot known as [MENTION=31463]J.E.D[/MENTION]. is a pleasure. I've been telling ignorant Dumbocrats like him for years now that no where in the Constitution does it grant the Supreme Court the power to interpret the Constitution itself. That power simply does not exist. And when you ask them where you can find it (after they falsely claim that the Supreme Court "decides what the Constitution is"), they throw a tantrum (just like J.E.D. here) because they can't provide an answer.

You asked a very simple and straight forward question. And he can't answer it. Game. Set. Match.

:dance:

Forum List

Back