White History Month?

And one more thing, DAMMIT!.....since i'm in rant mode......all you homosexuals out there, knock it off with trying to compare your supposed plight with those of the blacks. You have the same basic rights as everybody else, something the blacks were not afforded for many years.....Soooooo, STFU!

How 'bout we just do away with the designated months, and have one "We're All Americans, Dammit!": month?

We could designate it as July, and use the 4th as the one day where EVERYBODY parties like a big dog.

Works for me. But if we are going to have history months, lets focus on American History and not on race, ethnicity, religion, politics, or any other characteristics intended to divide us.
That's the whole point of this.....You have to be living under a rock to NOT know the suffering blacks went through......But designating months to certain races, while excluding others, only feeds the racist loons, which in turn feeds the race baiter loons (they're just as idiotic as the racists, imho), only causing further division.

Fact of the matter is, i've never oppressed, or enslaved ANYBODY, nor have my ancesters, and i'm damn tired of having the shit thrown in my face by the white guilt inflicted race baiters, and many blacks......I FEEL NO GUILT, PERIOD!

So, in summation, enough with the BS....Enough with feeding the racists and race baiter loons.

And for the racists out their, THE BLACKS AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE, as much as you all wish they would......Grow a pair and deal with it!

And for you race baiters out there, who run around screaming, "YOUR RACIST, YOU'RE A BIGOT!"......STFU already. You're not helping the situation, and only make yourselves look like paranoid morons.

Case closed, friggin' PERIOD!

I don't see where anyone has asked you to feel guilty.

While nobody nowadays has "enslaved" a black person and things have progressed culturually.

There are still racists out there who have no problem violating human rights of others simply because they are a different race.

Those who would take away others rights make no bones about it even on these race discussion threads.

I have read some of them making statements on the black population being less then human, less intelligent and non deserving of respect. Those with that sentiment don't apologize either.

Why would anyone ask you to apologize for something you had no hand in?

I think it's reasonable to expect assurances to never go back to times when there was slavery and human rights rights taken away.

As far as white privilege goes, it has nothing to do with racism and also is not looking for apologies or guilt.

Being able to see subtle instances where the media manipulates racial division is important in that it can promote sentiments for some folks in which they see themselves as so much better then others, and people who don't buy into that thought take some things for granted, for instance a white person who scores a job doesn't have to worry if people in the office are judging him/her in getting the job because of the color of their skin.

I wish like foxfyre said we could just stop making racial distinctions but part of doing that is recognizing little subtle white privilege thinking that many folks may not even notice happens.

How 'bout we just do away with the designated months, and have one "We're All Americans, Dammit!": month?

We could designate it as July, and use the 4th as the one day where EVERYBODY parties like a big dog.

Thats what most countries do that are nationalist in nature, everyone is from that country and celebrates the history, culture and pride of the country. I don't know how we can get everyone on board with this now after being sepearated for so long in so many brackets and groups.

We get on board with it by refusing to give credence and credibility to the racists; by refusing to allow them to be drawn into their lies. One of the recent threads started in Politics dangled somebody's graph of the demographics of the Democratic vote versus the Republican vote and childishly points fingers at the GOP as being 'racist'. When in fact, it is the racists who create such graphs and capitalize on painting the GOP as racist.

I have no praise for the GOP when they are as irresponsible as the Democrats or anybody else in fiscal management, foreign policy, etc. etc. etc. But whatever anybody says about the GOP, they are absolutely the least racist party because they do not cater to people or defer to them or try to bribe them based on race. The GOP treats black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, etc. etc. as Americans, no different, no more special, no more less capable than any other Americans.

There will always be a few people who hold and loudly profess stupid prejudices about other people based on race, religion, ethnicity, or whatever. But such people are in a really tiny minority and are not at all dangerous to the culture or country as a whole. They are just stupid. They are no more of a problem than those who think blonds are dumb or fat people are repulsive or Wal-martians all dress funny.

But the subtle, insidious, and persistent engineered racism demonstrated by many Democratic black and white leaders is not only dangerous to the culture and the country, it is indefensible, destructive, cruel, and unconscionable.

And more of us need to start calling them on it, exposing it for what it is, and making it culturally unacceptable instead of the norm. Threads like this calling them out on a black history month is a good thing to do.

Last edited:

Thats what most countries do that are nationalist in nature, everyone is from that country and celebrates the history, culture and pride of the country. I don't know how we can get everyone on board with this now after being sepearated for so long in so many brackets and groups.

We get on board with it by refusing to give credence and credibility to the racists; by refusing to allow them to be drawn into their lies. One of the recent threads started in Politics dangled somebody's graph of the demographics of the Democratic vote versus the Republican vote and childishly points fingers at the GOP as being 'racist'. When in fact, it is the racists who create such graphs and capitalize on painting the GOP as racist.

I have no praise for the GOP when they are as irresponsible as the Democrats or anybody else in fiscal management, foreign policy, etc. etc. etc. But whatever anybody says about the GOP, they are absolutely the least racist party because they do not cater to people or defer to them or try to bribe them based on race. The GOP treats black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, etc. etc. as Americans, no different, no more special, no more less capable than any other Americans.

There will always be a few people who hold and loudly profess stupid prejudices about other people based on race, religion, ethnicity, or whatever. But such people are in a really tiny minority and are not at all dangerous to the culture or country as a whole. They are just stupid. They are no more of a problem than those who think blonds are dumb or fat people are repulsive or Wal-martians all dress funny.

But the subtle, insidious, and persistent engineered racism demonstrated by many Democratic black and white leaders is not only dangerous to the culture and the country, it is indefensible, destructive, cruel, and unconscionable.

And more of us need to start calling them on it, exposing it for what it is, and making it culturally unacceptable instead of the norm. Threads like this calling them out on a black history month is a good thing to do.

I don't know, creatures like yidnar, ShittySpeedos and LoneStar Logic take a huge prison shit on Black people every chance they get and they claim to be Republicans.

I like your posts a lot, minus the partisan bias, but overall I really agree with how you approach the idea of race, racism and all of us just being human beings.

I appreciate your comments.

I don't know, creatures like yidnar, ShittySpeedos and LoneStar Logic take a huge prison shit on Black people every chance they get and they claim to be Republicans.

Then they fall into that small class of prejudiced people that knows no political party or other definition. Such people have that kind of thing maybe ingrained into them or it is just in their dna. But it is not because they belong to Republican Party any more than such racism is because somebody belongs to the Democxratic Party. I have witnessed such prejudice among Democrats too.

But when I speak of the GOP, I am not speaking of individual Republicans, but rather the general overall thrust or focus of the party itself. Republicans are far less likely to single out and set a minority group up for certain privilege, and therefore for certain eventual failure, as are the Democrats. The Democrats bribe the minority group with freebies and promised largesse that never quite seems to materialize, and thereby keep them on the 'plantation'. And they brainwahs their plantation dwellers with the lie that see? The GOP doesn't give you anything because they hate you because you are black or whatever.

And they do their damndest to keep the conversation from every turning to a concept of treating everybody the same instead of dividing them into different groups.

Works for me. But if we are going to have history months, lets focus on American History and not on race, ethnicity, religion, politics, or any other characteristics intended to divide us.
That's the whole point of this.....You have to be living under a rock to NOT know the suffering blacks went through......But designating months to certain races, while excluding others, only feeds the racist loons, which in turn feeds the race baiter loons (they're just as idiotic as the racists, imho), only causing further division.

Fact of the matter is, i've never oppressed, or enslaved ANYBODY, nor have my ancesters, and i'm damn tired of having the shit thrown in my face by the white guilt inflicted race baiters, and many blacks......I FEEL NO GUILT, PERIOD!

So, in summation, enough with the BS....Enough with feeding the racists and race baiter loons.

And for the racists out their, THE BLACKS AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE, as much as you all wish they would......Grow a pair and deal with it!

And for you race baiters out there, who run around screaming, "YOUR RACIST, YOU'RE A BIGOT!"......STFU already. You're not helping the situation, and only make yourselves look like paranoid morons.

While nobody nowadays has "enslaved" a black person and things have progressed culturually.

There are still racists out there who have no problem violating human rights of others simply because they are a different race.

Those who would take away others rights make no bones about it even on these race discussion threads.

I have read some of them making statements on the black population being less then human, less intelligent and non deserving of respect. Those with that sentiment don't apologize either.

I think it's reasonable to expect assurances to never go back to times when there was slavery and human rights rights taken away.

As far as white privilege goes, it has nothing to do with racism and also is not looking for apologies or guilt.

Being able to see subtle instances where the media manipulates racial division is important in that it can promote sentiments for some folks in which they see themselves as so much better then others, and people who don't buy into that thought take some things for granted, for instance a white person who scores a job doesn't have to worry if people in the office are judging him/her in getting the job because of the color of their skin.

I wish like foxfyre said we could just stop making racial distinctions but part of doing that is recognizing little subtle white privilege thinking that many folks may not even notice happens.
It's not about anybody "asking" one to feel guilty, it's about trying to make one "feel" guilty through their paranoid, race baiting BS.

Hell, a couple o' years back, when the immigration issue was in full flame mode, I dared to state that if this country, which was (still is) in full economic meltdown, wasn't going to seriously enforce it's immigration laws, then maybe it was time for considering a temporary moritorium on new immigration until we could get our own house in order and take care of our own.....Maaaaaan, the race baiter loons went bonkers. I was called "racist", "bigot", "anti-american", and a whole host of other loony BS.......No doubt it was their attempt to guilt me.

Needless to say, the point went right over their pea brained heads.

I like your posts a lot, minus the partisan bias, but overall I really agree with how you approach the idea of race, racism and all of us just being human beings.

Thanks but it is not partisan bias. I strongly resist that characterization because it is used by the racists to keep the conversation from focusing on the real issue. Does the Democratic Party keep people on the plantation by giving them goodies and promising him wonderful things that always seem to be just in the future? Is the GOP racist and hateful toward those same people because it treats them like everybody else?

It isn't a matter of partisanship. It is a matter of policy and focusing on that policy rather than an attempt to demonize one party or the other.

Thanks but it is not partisan bias. I strongly resist that characterization because it is used by the racists to keep the conversation from focusing on the real issue. Does the Democratic Party keep people on the plantation by giving them goodies and promising him wonderful things that always seem to be just in the future? Is the GOP racist and hateful toward those same people because it treats them like everybody else?

It isn't a matter of partisanship. It is a matter of policy and focusing on that policy rather than an attempt to demonize one party or the other.

It could also be argued that Corporations which are traditionally Republican supported keep people on the plantation by using Privatized Prisons for profit, a new kind of slavery in the prison industrial complex.

This is why it is better to not blame one party or the other and instead look at what we are really concerned with, which is self sufficiency and accountability also safety and stopping exploitive oppression.

I don't want anyone of any race living off welfare and I certainly don't want anyone of any race working for privatized prisons that benefit corporations, especially when the majority of the prison population is in there for "non-violent" offenses that is usually drug related.

In my opinion both political parties legislate, verbalize and take actions that create divisions between citizens who are not in the positions of politicians. I just don't like it.

We are the ones who live everyday life with each other and we don't need those political parties telling us what to think against each other in the name of party affiliation.

I would rather us talk about it and quit blaming each other but work out a solution together.

Last edited:

It's not about anybody "asking" one to feel guilty, it's about trying to make one "feel" guilty through their paranoid, race baiting BS.

Hell, a couple o' years back, when the immigration issue was in full flame mode, I dared to state that if this country, which was (still is) in full economic meltdown, wasn't going to seriously enforce it's immigration laws, then maybe it was time for considering a temporary moritorium on new immigration until we could get our own house in order and take care of our own.....Maaaaaan, the race baiter loons went bonkers. I was called "racist", "bigot", "anti-american", and a whole host of other loony BS.......No doubt it was their attempt to guilt me.

I haven't seen anyone at this board trying to make white people feel guilty. :dunno:

Well immigration is a different issue then race.

Some people can be xenophobic but totally different then what I was talking about.

You seem well intentioned and I haven't seen you call others inferior, worthless or considered as low as an animal, which I have read other posters say in reference to the black population.

You shouldn't feel guilty but what's wrong with acknowledging there are people here who still have racist attitudes and would go back to enslaving blacks if they could.

Whites don't ever have to worry about that, and that's what I mean about white privilege, it's not a blame thing. Does any of that make sense?

Last edited:

I haven't seen anyone at this board trying to make white people feel guilty. :dunno:

Some people can be xenophobic but totally different then what I was talking about.

You seem well intentioned and I haven't seen you call others inferior, worthless or considered as low as an animal, which I have read other posters say in reference to the black population.

You shouldn't feel guilty but what's wrong with acknowledging there are people here who still have racist attitudes and would go back to enslaving blacks if they could.

Whites don't ever have to worry about that, and that's what I mean about white privilege, it's not a blame thing. Does any of that make sense?
Then you haven't been paying attention......There are a couple o' posters who show up in damn near every race thread, and spend most of their posting time playing the race bait game.

And, i'm fully aware of the racists who would love to go back to the days of enslavement and segregation......In fact, I believe I addressed them a few posts back, along with the race baiting idiots, who are no better than the racists themselves.

Then you haven't been paying attention......There are a couple o' posters who show up in damn near every race thread, and spend most of their posting time playing the race bait game.

And, i'm fully aware of the racists who would love to go back to the days of enslavement and segregation......In fact, I believe I addressed them a few posts back, along with the race baiting idiots, who are no better than the racists themselves.

Sure, I can acknowledge it goes both ways even if I haven't seen it.

Some of us are wiling to stop blaming sides and making divisions, you seem to be one of them and I think that's great.

It could also be argued that Corporations which are traditionally Republican supported keep people on the plantation by using Privatized Prisons for profit, a new kind of slavery in the prison industrial complex.

This is why it is better to not blame one party or the other and instead look at what we are really concerned with, which is self sufficiency and accountability also safety and stopping exploitive oppression.

I don't want anyone of any race living off welfare and I certainly don't want anyone of any race working for privatized prisons that benefit corporations, especially when the majority of the prison population is in there for "non-violent" offenses that is usually drug related.

In my opinion both political parties legislate, verbalize and take actions that create divisions between citizens who are not in the positions of politicians. I just don't like it.

We are the ones who live everyday life with each other and we don't need those political parties telling us what to think against each other in the name of party affiliation.

I would rather us talk about it and quit blaming each other but work out a solution together.

Corporations and privatized prisons are not the issue here though. You have big megolythic corporations like GM and GE and similar conglomerates who are squarely in the Democratic camp and support most Democratic candidates. Ditto for others than find GOP policies more to their benefit. If privatized prisons are contributing to racism or create quasi-slave camps, then start a thread on that and let's explore it. That is not what I am talking about here.

I am focused squarely on policy. Is it a better policy to assume that minority groups are too fragile or too beat up or too dumb or too disadvantaged due to their past that they MUST have 'whitey's' aka government help to survive? Or to correct past injustices? Or to overcome natural disadvantages?

Or is it better policy to assume that skin color is not and should not be made a factor on whether a person is capable of personal accomplishment or success? That treating everybody the same with the same overall expectations regardless of hair color or eye color or skin color is the best way to eliminate racism and provide incentive for people to make better choices to grab a piece of the American dream?

And which party promotes which policy at this time?

Which party accuses the other of insensitivity or being uncaring or being racist because they want to treat everybody the same? Is it right? Or not?

THAT is where the focus should be. What policy do you want to support or sign onto? And at this time, with the way things are, you simply cannot separate political party from the equation.

Corporations and privatized prisons are not the issue here though. You have big megolythic corporations like GM and GE and similar conglomerates who are squarely in the Democratic camp and support most Democratic candidates. Ditto for others than find GOP policies more to their benefit. If privatized prisons are contributing to racism or create quasi-slave camps, then start a thread on that and let's explore it. That is not what I am talking about here.

I am focused squarely on policy. Is it a better policy to assume that minority groups are too fragile or too beat up or too dumb or too disadvantaged due to their past that they MUST have 'whitey's' aka government help to survive? Or to correct past injustices? Or to overcome natural disadvantages?

Or is it better policy to assume that skin color is not and should not be made a factor on whether a person is capable of personal accomplishment or success? That treating everybody the same with the same overall expectations regardless of hair color or eye color or skin color is the best way to eliminate racism and provide incentive for people to make better choices to grab a piece of the American dream?

Which party accuses the other of insensitivity or being uncaring or being racist because they want to treat everybody the same? Is it right? Or not?

THAT is where the focus should be. What policy do you want to support or sign onto? And at this time, with the way things are, you simply cannot separate political party from the equation.

I don't believe in partisan division, sorry:cool:

I think both sides accuse and blame each other, :dunno:

The government who robs Peter in order to benefit Paul will always be able to count on Paul's support.

And that in a nutshell is at the core of racism in America at this time.

The government who robs Peter in order to benefit Paul will always be able to count on Paul's support.

And that in a nutshell is at the core of racism in America at this time.

That has more to do with party politics not racism.

Unless you are trying to imply that a specific "race" robs peter to pay paul.

Again, when people are less concerned with making divisions and finding blame we can have an open dialogue.

Well, like Steve Martin, I was born a poor black child.

But then, I had heard my first Mantovani record and knew I had to be white.

Soooo, I had my hair straightened, my skin lightened, my cock shortened ....

Exactly. And in my opinion such racism is by design, deliberate, and intentional because racism is big, big business in this country. Poor people in minority categories use it to lobby for more freebies. Affluent people in minority categories and 'white' politicians alike use it to increase their personal power, prestige, influence, and fortunes. Once black and white leaders alike allow black people to leave the planation that is engineered for them, allows them to assimilate into a uniquely American culture, I am personally certain that within a generation or two, we will see no inequity between black and white opportunity, success, incomes, and achievement.

Well we set up a system to keep track of everyone by race, and this goes back a long ways. The one drop rule for example, if your great grandmother was Black but the rest of your family was white, you could be considered Black and not allowed access to the white facilities during segregation. We are one of the few countries that set up ridiculuous laughable laws like that, color should have NEVER Mattered that much.

Well admittedly our forefathers, as did the Canadians, as did the Mexicans, utilized the black slave traffic in the 18th and 19th centuries. And the Canadians and Mexicans both outlawed slavery sooner than the USA did, but if left alone, I believe the USA would have voluntarily done the same. But since the government decided to hurry that process along, they also inserted an additional toxicity into the mix that persisted long after the war. And kept racism alive and well a lot longer than I believe would have otherwise been the case. Long enough for the politicians to figure out how to utilize it for their personal advantage.

Certainly we owed it to the descendent of those people brought involuntarily to our country to help them assimilate into the American culture or help them go back to their forefathers' country if that is what they chose to do. But once that opportunity was given them, i.e. 40 acres and a mule, etc., and once Affirmative Action broke down the culturally ingrained prejudices, we should have cut all the support and allowed them to evolve as a people as all other Americans have evolved. The fact that we have continued to focus and defer to race 50 years later has been a terrible disservice to and handicap for black Americans.

Politicians didn't create racism, they just opportunistically played on what was already there. And don't kid yourself that there isn't racism in Canada and Mexico.

I don't believe in partisan division, sorry:cool:

I think both sides accuse and blame each other, :dunno:

Yes they do. The Democrats accuse the Republicans of being insensitive, elitist, uncaring, and racist. The Republicans accuse the Democrats of engineering racism for the benefit of the Democrats.

But as Black History Month is an invention of Congress, and it is Congress that determines policy dealing with issues of race and ethnicity, and we have no power to deal with that ourselves other than through our elected representatives, political party does factor into that.

If you don't care about racial issues--I do actually because I see and have seen the results of policy up close and personal--then yes, partisanship doesn't matter.

If you do care about racial issues, then I would advise you to pay a bit more attention to the policies advocated by the respective political parties. If you are too 'non-partisan' to pay attention to government policy proposed by the political parties, you are very likely to be voting for people who support the exact opposite of what you personally believe to be the best policy.

Forum List

Back