Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

I got mine....fuck everyone else

A concept the Republican Party was built on
no it's I worked for mine why don't you work for yours instead of wanting other people to pay for it
Thanks
More...I got mine, fuck the rest of you
Why can't people pay for their own shit then we don't have to worry about controlling others?
Why do the rich rely on the government to build them roads, bridges and infrastructure? Why does the government have to provide them with educated employees? Shouldn't companies educate their own damn workforce?

Why are liberals so whiney and entitled?
It is our wealthy who are entitled

They are firm believers in the Golden Rule

He who has the GOLD makes the rules

"Not to mention most expensive college costs, training programs and loans ever."

Every one due to Liberal/Democrat policies.
What Conservative Republican policies have helped cut college costs, provided low cost training or loans?

Opposition to increasing college loans.

Federal loans to college students is the reason for increased college fees.

That's Economics 101

Now you are talking.......College for the affluent
A Republican ideal

How's that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College degree workin' out for you?
More valuable than a degree from Trump University

C'mon....you know my alma mater.

But without a great govt, you aren't going to have that great society.

Wrong. The less government you have, the better society you have.

So... Somalia? You think Somalia has a better society?

What makes a better society exactly? Certainly I've been places where govt made society better, and I've been places with less government that weren't better for it.

What makes society better are people helping people out---not government helping people out. When government helps people out, it becomes political and expensive like Commie Care. People become entitled and dependent on government.

Then when you even suggest that we get rid of some of that government, people make idiotic comparisons like to slavery, 14 hour days in sweat shops, and Somalia. To those people, even the slightest reduction in government is the end of the Fn world.
People helping people out works when you have a small community and a family loses their house to a fire. Everyone chips in to help them

What happens when an entire community loses all its jobs? What happens when a hurricane wipes out one third of a state? Passing the hat does not work
Private charities spend a good portion of their resources just on fund raising. Government has a steady flow of revenue with funds budgeted to help the needy
Why don't people become dependent on private charities? Government offers job training, educational benefits, small business loans to help people out of poverty......charities don't

For one, private charities give to help those truly in need. Government on the other hand passes out money to those for the asking.

Long term disaster relief and house fires are two different things. To put it another way, do you really believe that if we ended welfare as we know it today, that charity contributions would be the same or less? Of course not. Americans are the most generous people in the world. Private donations would increase ten fold.

When government wastes money, it's barely reported. If you wish to give to a charity, you can look up exactly where every penny goes on the site Charity Navigator. org. They tell you how much the charity collects, how much they pay out, how much they use for advertising, how much the use for administration, everything. So unlike government, if you believe the charity you had in minds wastes too much money, you simply don't give to that charity.

Marvin Olasky, in "The Tragedy of American Compassion," explains that human needs were taken care of by other human beings- not by bureaucracies. The important difference was that the latter may take care of food and shelter...but the former also dealt with the human spirit and behavior.
Welfare programs today, are Liberal….conservatives don’t look for material solutions, but understand that changing values is what solves the problem of poverty..

Wrong. The less government you have, the better society you have.

So... Somalia? You think Somalia has a better society?

What makes a better society exactly? Certainly I've been places where govt made society better, and I've been places with less government that weren't better for it.

What makes society better are people helping people out---not government helping people out. When government helps people out, it becomes political and expensive like Commie Care. People become entitled and dependent on government.

Then when you even suggest that we get rid of some of that government, people make idiotic comparisons like to slavery, 14 hour days in sweat shops, and Somalia. To those people, even the slightest reduction in government is the end of the Fn world.
People helping people out works when you have a small community and a family loses their house to a fire. Everyone chips in to help them

What happens when an entire community loses all its jobs? What happens when a hurricane wipes out one third of a state? Passing the hat does not work
Private charities spend a good portion of their resources just on fund raising. Government has a steady flow of revenue with funds budgeted to help the needy
Why don't people become dependent on private charities? Government offers job training, educational benefits, small business loans to help people out of poverty......charities don't

For one, private charities give to help those truly in need. Government on the other hand passes out money to those for the asking.

Long term disaster relief and house fires are two different things. To put it another way, do you really believe that if we ended welfare as we know it today, that charity contributions would be the same or less? Of course not. Americans are the most generous people in the world. Private donations would increase ten fold.

When government wastes money, it's barely reported. If you wish to give to a charity, you can look up exactly where every penny goes on the site Charity Navigator. org. They tell you how much the charity collects, how much they pay out, how much they use for advertising, how much the use for administration, everything. So unlike government, if you believe the charity you had in minds wastes too much money, you simply don't give to that charity.
How does a private charity determine who is "truly in need"
Belonging to the correct religion? Belonging to the correct race?

Assuming more money would go to charity if welfare was eliminated is nothing but trickle down

The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were given a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for.

Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents.
http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/...eams/12794.pdf

a. Further results: dissolution of families:
“This conclusion was unambiguously unfavorable to advocates of a negative income tax [welfare] that would cover married couples, for two important reasons.First, increased marital breakups among the poor would increase the numbers on welfare and the amount of transfer payments, principally because the separated wife and children would receive higher transfer payments. Second, marital dissolutions and the usual accompanying absence of fathers from households with children are generally considered unfavorable outcomes regardless of whether or not the welfare rolls increase.”http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/conf/conf30/conf30c.pdf

The Liberal solution....encouraging worse problems than they sought to solve.

What Conservative Republican policies have helped cut college costs, provided low cost training or loans?

That's Economics 101

A Republican ideal

How's that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College degree workin' out for you?

You claim to have gone to Columbia, one of the most liberal colleges in the US.

That's Economics 101

A Republican ideal

Cut and Paste University

That's Economics 101

A Republican ideal

Cut and Paste University

Surely you can defend your words....can't you?

Here's a chance:
Several times you have used the term 'cut and paste' as a pejorative, but when I ask you to explain your attempt, you run and hide.

I infer that you were simply trying to object to the posts without a legitimate reason to do so.
That's the truth....isn't it: you're effectively defenseless in the face of well supported posts.

Let me suggest that you don't have the breadth or depth of knowledge that would allow you to draw on the number of sources that would allow you to 'cut and paste.'

Can you....one of those who never deviates from the messages of the NYTimes, the DNC, MSNBC, etc... Liberal plagiarism.......explain what problem you.could possibly have with substance posted via copy and paste?

So, just to get things clear, you have a problem with people who are born unlucky being treated fairly? You want them to suffer and to pay more just to exist?

You're talking about stealing? Well, that's exactly what private healthcare companies are doing every day of the year.

The point went entirely over your head, and that is government is not supposed to be micromanaging our lives from birth until death. If we would ever approve of government following us around every day, keeping a point system to decide how much to tax us based on our personal decisions, then we've surrendered all our liberty.

No, it didn't go over my head. I'm also not in favor of the govt micromanaging our lives.

However there are certain things, like education, in which the govt is best placed on a mass scale, to carry out. However in the US the problem seems to be a nationwide attitude that is just plain wrong. Okay, some states do better than others, but still there are plenty of problems out there.

The problem is Ray, the govt ALREADY DOES THIS. So where's your liberty? It's in the hands of the rich right now. They want you to be fat, because a 36% obesity level makes a lot of rich people richer.

Now you're being silly. Nobody gives a rats ass how much I or anybody else weighs. Rich people don't get rich on seeing others get fat, rich people get rich by investing their money into making products or services the public uses.

Yeah, for the most part government is totally involved in our education, and how's that working out for us?

Then again rich people will get richer by using inferior products that are likely to cause more harm to the body, rather than use better quality in order to make a quick buck.

Your argument that because govt is involved in education and it's not great, therefore the govt shouldn't be involved in education is another example of how you compartmentalize everything in order to make bad arguments.

Education can be good. The problem in the US is that the govt in the US isn't good. A change in the way govt works is essential for the US to change this mentality that people like you have about the way things work.

Or.......maybe we should try education without government totally. Nah, that might work out too well.

Leftists have no interest in an education plan that would actually leave people intelligent and informed. I'm sure the reason is obvious.

Conservative ideology towards the poor is that poverty should be as painful as possible.

Yes it is, and that's because we instinctively know that people will react to pain; do what it takes to make the pain stop.

Nobody does anything to relieve comfort, and that's why we have the problem with the poor today.

So that's why there's no poverty in Mexico, where very little is done to help the poor?

There is a difference between people that are poor because they have no other option and people who are poor because they decided to be poor.

With the exception of those who have physical or mental disabilities that prevent them from working, you won't find many so-called poor in this country that became impoverished through no fault of their own. In most cases, it was bad decision making and irresponsibility that brought them to poverty. In other cases, it's location that they don't wish to correct by moving to where the jobs are.

You are soooo right!

More often than not, that poverty is due to personal choices....

Just reading a tribute to the recently passed journalist, Jimmy Breslin, I found this particularly grating passage:
"A total urbanite, Jimmy had never learned how to drive—he was raised by a single mother who earned a meager salary as a social worker, and drank to excess. The Breslins couldn’t afford a car."
Jimmy Breslin, RIP

WHAT????

"The Breslins couldn’t afford a car."
But...." he was raised by a single mother who .... drank to excess."

I guess that 'drink' was free, huh????

This is the sort of absurdity that guides so many and, so many of our social pretenses.

"couldn't afford a car" ...or would rather have a buzz on much of the time????
It was a choice! A decision by the decision maker in the family.
Just as abortions are the choice between sexual restraint, or the ending of a separate and unique life so as to enjoy that moment of passion.
You do know that alcoholism is an illness dont you ?

Exhibit A in answer to the OP.

What a load of self-serving, I'm-a-helpless-victim leftist twaddle. I am so sick of hearing this.

A tendency toward addiction is a genetic circumstance. Alcoholism is a behavior and a choice.

That's Economics 101

A Republican ideal

You claim to have gone to Columbia, one of the most liberal colleges in the US.
Nearly all colleges are Democrat controlled.....

Doesn't mean that all the graduates are Democrats.

The Republicans do not hate the poor......but they need them

Can't have middle class outrage against the rich
But the poor make a great scapegoat........the middle class suffers because some poor guy has a cell phone

Let's remember.....the Democrats both create the poor.....and maintain that poverty.

I see that today isn't the day you think before you post.
Republicans have propped up the wealthy since Reagan trickle down

Break the unions, reduce competition, hold back wages
A scared workforce is not in a position to demand more pay

Then, blame the poor because workers are struggling
Not to mention most expensive college costs, training programs and loans ever. Great job. And letting infrastructure go for 35 years now. We may be a banana republic any day now...

"Not to mention most expensive college costs, training programs and loans ever."

Every one due to Liberal/Democrat policies.
For not being able to stop a-hole GOPers and the dupes? You people are idiots...

"Union membership has plummeted in the U.S., from nearly one-third of workers 50 years ago to one in 10 American workers today."
The incredible decline of American unions, in one animated map

You Bolsheviks want to FORCE the workers of the world into unions when they don't want to be in them?
Reagan's vision from 30 years ago has come to fruition
Bust the unions and force people to bargain individually
That is why job security, wages and benefits have disappeared
We are not all in this together, it does not take a fucking Village, there does not need to be a safe space on every corner for snowflakes. Getting along is way overrated
I got mine....fuck everyone else

A concept the Republican Party was built on
no it's I worked for mine why don't you work for yours instead of wanting other people to pay for it
You belong to a society...so do I

As part of a society, you contribute an amount as determined by We the People

I obey the laws that is all I am obligated to do

"Union membership has plummeted in the U.S., from nearly one-third of workers 50 years ago to one in 10 American workers today."
The incredible decline of American unions, in one animated map

You Bolsheviks want to FORCE the workers of the world into unions when they don't want to be in them?
Reagan's vision from 30 years ago has come to fruition
Bust the unions and force people to bargain individually
That is why job security, wages and benefits have disappeared
Benefits have disappeared? Do tell.
Which benefits have disappeared or been slashed since Reagan?
Pensions, company paid healthcare, educational benefits, paid vacation
Now companies match funds employees put in their 401k, still offer programs to pay employee's to go to school and for their healthcare and yep...paid vacations along with maternity leave,jury duty leave,FMLA and any behavioral therapy related to a death,drugs,alcohol,stress etc...

Some employers even offer free health related benefits..like massage therapists or even discounts on acupuncture treatments.

Give me break about lost benefits.

Employers contribute less to 401k's than they did to pensions
They have also cut back their healthcare contributions and stagnated salaries

Just like Reagan intended

it depends on the employer and a 401 offers more choices than a pension plan so the employee has the potential to make a lot more on the investment he chooses

Yes it is, and that's because we instinctively know that people will react to pain; do what it takes to make the pain stop.

Nobody does anything to relieve comfort, and that's why we have the problem with the poor today.

So that's why there's no poverty in Mexico, where very little is done to help the poor?

There is a difference between people that are poor because they have no other option and people who are poor because they decided to be poor.

With the exception of those who have physical or mental disabilities that prevent them from working, you won't find many so-called poor in this country that became impoverished through no fault of their own. In most cases, it was bad decision making and irresponsibility that brought them to poverty. In other cases, it's location that they don't wish to correct by moving to where the jobs are.

You are soooo right!

More often than not, that poverty is due to personal choices....

Just reading a tribute to the recently passed journalist, Jimmy Breslin, I found this particularly grating passage:
"A total urbanite, Jimmy had never learned how to drive—he was raised by a single mother who earned a meager salary as a social worker, and drank to excess. The Breslins couldn’t afford a car."
Jimmy Breslin, RIP

WHAT????

"The Breslins couldn’t afford a car."
But...." he was raised by a single mother who .... drank to excess."

I guess that 'drink' was free, huh????

This is the sort of absurdity that guides so many and, so many of our social pretenses.

"couldn't afford a car" ...or would rather have a buzz on much of the time????
It was a choice! A decision by the decision maker in the family.
Just as abortions are the choice between sexual restraint, or the ending of a separate and unique life so as to enjoy that moment of passion.
You do know that alcoholism is an illness dont you ?

Exhibit A in answer to the OP.

What a load of self-serving, I'm-a-helpless-victim leftist twaddle. I am so sick of hearing this.

A tendency toward addiction is a genetic circumstance. Alcoholism is a behavior and a choice.
Any help for them should be quashed so that the bloated greedy idiot GOP can save on their taxes....

Forum List

Back