Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

And yet you're talking about decisions the govt makes, decisions a govt makes which YOU VOTE FOR, so you're far more responsible, and you suffer or benefit from those decisions.

Malarkey! I stated, bad decisions made by the individual. You playing ignorant, or maybe you are ignorant, does not further the discussion.

No, and you attacking and insulting doesn't either.

However we were talking about education, you know, the govt runs a lot of education in the US, and the way the govt runs education.

But hey, you just carry on where you feel comfortable....

Well it doesn't always work like that. I appreciate how you'd love life to be so simple, but it's not.

Quite true. So when people make bad decisions, how is that my responsibility?
It's not your responsibility but that doesn't mean that their bad choices will not hurt you in one or another. When bad things happen in society we can say not my problem and watch the community slowly fall apart or we can do something even thou it is not our responsibility.
It's not my responsibility. I take steps to protect myself and then the others fall. You build your community out of like minded folks and keep the others out.
You're fortunate. Some people are not fortunate, and it's better business to help them with the basics until they can get up again. Great for when your greedy idiot heroes wreck the economy AGAIN.

So, just when will the sky fall, Chicken Little? All the people who told me that medicare would fail when I first started my insurance career have been dead for decades.

What do you consider failure?

Is an unfunded liability of $28 TRILLION a roaring success?

Long%20Term%20Liability_zpsqrnj6aq7.jpg

Poor Markle. Waiting for Armageddon, decade after decade, and it never comes. Looking for deliverance by the Tea Party. To which I reply :
"...Where have you gone, Joe Dimaggio, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you..You-hoo-hoo, What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson, "Joltin' Joe has left and gone away." Hey, hey hey--- hey hey hey".

One thing is for sure. We would never tolerate all these old people sucking off of the public teat just to stay alive, back in the old days!

Last edited:
Not stupid, dupe. 35 YEARS of Reaganism=DUHHHHH...
Actually Reagan was for limited govt. Since Reagan govt has gotten 4 times bigger. See what happens when you drop out of HS?
no he wasn't

Reagan expanded the size scope and cost of government as much as anyone every republican president in my lifetime has done the same

You have confused what happened when Reagan was president with Reaganism. Franco dropped out and does not know that Reagan favored limited government.
Actual, I have a Masters in History and you believe a pile of Pubcrappe- All they have.

and yet you didn't know that Reagan was for limited govt?? We believe you for sure!!!!
Reagan was not for limited government

he expanded the scope power and cost of government just like every other republican president in my lifetime

how many times do you have to hear the republican smaller government lie before you realize this?

Not stupid, dupe. 35 YEARS of Reaganism=DUHHHHH...
Actually Reagan was for limited govt. Since Reagan govt has gotten 4 times bigger. See what happens when you drop out of HS?
no he wasn't

Reagan expanded the size scope and cost of government as much as anyone every republican president in my lifetime has done the same

You have confused what happened when Reagan was president with Reaganism. Franco dropped out and does not know that Reagan favored limited government.
Actual, I have a Masters in History and you believe a pile of Pubcrappe- All they have.
for someone with a Masters you are very bad at conveying thoughts via written speech
it's because you have no thoughts all you have are the talking points that have been spoon fed to you

no he wasn't

That's why he tripled the debt and grew gov't more than anyone in history, dupiscimus...

he was president not God. If you hadn't dropped out you would know that. Also if he grew govt so much then as a standard libcommie you should love him?? Getting to complicated for you?
Libs cut gov't and add services that cost nothing in the end, dupissimus ignoramus.
no "service" performed by the government costs nothing in fact everything the government does costs more than it would if the private sector did it

However there's a massive cycle of poverty, and you need to put things in place to start changing this, and education is one of those ways. Educate about nutrition, but also educate so people have jobs to go to, instead of gangs to go to.

Once again for the slow. I'll paste this slowly so perhaps you can keep up.

335c634e-9c1c-4ca8-be2f-e65ca04be327_zpsvl0xhqkf.jpg

Well it doesn't always work like that. I appreciate how you'd love life to be so simple, but it's not.
simple doesn't mean easy

you want to make it easy

TAXES ARE TAXES, ferchrissake, dumbass dupe. Your propaganda machine is doing the dodging, FOOL.
And don't forget the ridiculously high FEES we've been hit with the last 35 years either. "Must save the rich!"
what fees?

and state fees don't count because not everyone pays the same ones
THEY'RE ALL HIGHER, IDIOT. LOL
Car licensing, BUSINESS licensing, etc etc. WTF is WRONG WITH YOU , dupe? The crap you complain about without thinking about who's at the bottom of it. GOP dupes like YOU. LOLARGHHHHH.
my car registration fees haven't gone up in over 10 years so you see why talking about state fees is a waste of time?
I have paid the same exact business entity since we opened so that hasn't gone up either so do you see why talking state fees is a waste of time?
That really depends on the state. The registration fee for my cars almost doubled this year due to funding of rapid transit and various road improvement programs.
which is why I have been saying that adding state and local taxes and fees is adding to many variables to the discussion

Yeah, when a drunk driver hits you while you're out walking and paralyses you, how is that your responsibility?

When China overtakes the US in terms of education, skills, manufacturing power, how is that your responsibility? Well, you're going to suffer whether it is, or isn't.

by definition that's not his responsibility.

However there's a massive cycle of poverty, and you need to put things in place to start changing this, and education is one of those ways. Educate about nutrition, but also educate so people have jobs to go to, instead of gangs to go to.

simple doesn't mean easy

you want to make it easy

No, I don't want to make it anything. I want to know what it there.

simple doesn't mean easy

you want to make it easy

it already is there
whatever it is

Yeah, when a drunk driver hits you while you're out walking and paralyses you, how is that your responsibility?

When China overtakes the US in terms of education, skills, manufacturing power, how is that your responsibility? Well, you're going to suffer whether it is, or isn't.

And the point I am making is that sometimes people are impacted by things that aren't their own responsibility.

By trying to say "I'm not responsible, so why should I give a fuck?" I was showing why he should give a fuck.

simple doesn't mean easy

you want to make it easy

it already is there
whatever it is

Of course. But this is about understanding.

The analogy I've used in the past is with fridges and ovens.

In order to understand the solution to the problem, you need to know the problem. If you think the fridge is broken because of the oven, then you won't get very far, will you?

And the point I am making is that sometimes people are impacted by things that aren't their own responsibility.

By trying to say "I'm not responsible, so why should I give a fuck?" I was showing why he should give a fuck.

I am not impacted by most personal choice other people make.
IDGAF what another person eats, if they smoke etc none of any of that shit is any of my business

Your drunk driving example is poor because it's a crime. It is a crime that can't be stopped very well if at all unless you want to mandate breathalyzers in every car than have to be blown into every 15 minutes.

So knowing that I take what precautions I can

simple doesn't mean easy

you want to make it easy

it already is there
whatever it is

In order to understand the solution to the problem, you need to know the problem. If you think the fridge is broken because of the oven, then you won't get very far, will you?

you can't force people to make the choices you want them to make.

as I said everyone already understands how to choose healthier foods. everyone already understands how to lose weight

they understand these things and they still choose not to do them. no amount of money thrown at educating them will make them understand any better and they will still make the choices they want to make

I am not impacted by most personal choice other people make.
IDGAF what another person eats, if they smoke etc none of any of that shit is any of my business

Your drunk driving example is poor because it's a crime. It is a crime that can't be stopped very well if at all unless you want to mandate breathalyzers in every car than have to be blown into every 15 minutes.

So knowing that I take what precautions I can

But then there are plenty of times when you have benefited from the govt deciding that it is the govt's responsibility to take care of something.

Education being high up there. Inoculations, research, infrastructure... absolutely your life has had a massive impact. If you had been born in Somalia on the other hand....

simple doesn't mean easy

you want to make it easy

it already is there
whatever it is

you can't force people to make the choices you want them to make.

as I said everyone already understands how to choose healthier foods. everyone already understands how to lose weight

they understand these things and they still choose not to do them. no amount of money thrown at educating them will make them understand any better and they will still make the choices they want to make

This isn't about forcing people. I don't want to force people in most cases. This is about EDUCATION.

Give people the knowledge and the skills to make good decisions, and then let them decide.

Many people understand the basics of losing weight. But they often don't. Some out of choice, some because they really don't know how.

My dad come home one day in a tizz. He'd been on a training session with the fire fighters, and they'd show him plenty of stuff that woke his brain up. He knows what causes a fire, he knew that plugs could cause fires, he knew all this stuff, but sometimes it doesn't impact you unless it's done right. After that day we couldn't leave plugs in sockets and all of that stuff.

Your attitude that not educating people doesn't work is ridiculous.

I can prove this easily.

Socioeconomics and Obesity: The State of Obesity

"Nearly 33 percent of adults who did not graduate high school were obese, compared with 21.5 percent of those who graduated from college or technical college."

Okay, so you have 11.5% more people who didn't graduate High School being obese than did. Why?

Education Level and Substance Abuse

"Education helps people to learn skills and develop perceptions of risk. Students in high school are taught basic, but essential information about health that can educate them about the serious health implications of using drugs and alcohol."

As they said, education helps people make better decisions, helps them weigh up the positives with the negatives, take the risks into account.

People with poor levels of education will more likely fail at this, therefore they need to be helped.

Forum List

Back