Why do so many Atheist and Christians misunderstand what Hell really is ?

Yes exactly life should be on most all planets why just one ? Why just one with water,sun,moon,gravity,seems like a major stretch of the imagination if you ask me.

Not only that there is no evidence to suggest it could of happened by chance ,none.

Not by chance, just given the mathematical probabilities is was almost certain to occur.

Really, maybe you should consider the mathematical possibility of life coming from non-life and leading to where we are now and don't forget all the condittions that are currently present . All the things necessary for life don't be rediculous.

This is an old, sad, tired argument. You tell me then, what is the mathematical probability of me sitting on my ass all day and rolling a six sided dice every 10 seconds and getting the exact result that I get. That's 8,640 rolls of a six sided dice. The probability of me getting the result that I get is (1/6)^8,640. Essentially, it is impossible for me to get the result that I get because the odds are so stacked against any result at all. Yet if I sit there all day and run the experiment, I'm going to get a result. Is this a miracle, according to you? Don't be ridiculous.

That is only theory must i remind you ?

You say our dating methods can accurately date something to 50 million years ago but you can't answer his simple question ?

First no one was around to verify anything past early man back in the early days of Egypt. They try to but they can't and it's the bible leading them to answers.

You claim to be a molecular biologist, yet you misunderstand the meaning of "theory" in a scientific definition. His question is nonsensical, and not representative of what the theory of evolution would expect to occur. He is blocked by me until he can ask a question without misrepresenting the position of the scientific community. If you lack faith in our dating methods, then you must lack faith in the same science that brought us nuclear power. It is your choice to deny reality, it's a free country.

Sir you really think i don't know what a theory is ?its a copout explanation for the lack of evidence.

I am now a creationist, I gave up on your side once I matured.

Go jump off a building, gravity is obviously a cop-out since it's "only a theory"

Not by chance, just given the mathematical probabilities is was almost certain to occur.

Really, maybe you should consider the mathematical possibility of life coming from non-life and leading to where we are now and don't forget all the condittions that are currently present . All the things necessary for life don't be rediculous.
In response to your other response I give you this;

Basing your knowledge out of a lack of knowledge is dangerous.

Well, for one thing, I've actually done the math.

It's considered a mathematical improbability, meaning the chances of it not occurring are so ridiculously small that they almost don't deserve mention.

Right scientist are charlatans

Interestingly enough, there are several theories as to how life may have began here on Earth.

Scientists ran an experiment that duplicated the conditions of the Earth many millions of years ago trying to see if they could get the "sludge" to create long chain DNA strands (the building blocks of life). Their experiment failed to produce anything until someone remembered that lightning was a large part of the environment, but when it was zapped with electricity, it started to form strands.

Another theory comes from a meteorite that they found around the North Pole. Upon discovering the meteorite, they examined it and figured out that it came from Mars. Interestingly enough, the meteorite contained fossils of ancient bacteria.

Expanding on that theory, scientists then created meteors and comets in the lab to see if any of them could carry simple organisms through reentry into the atmosphere and have them still be viable. Guess what? They did it.

So, besides the creationist theory and the theory of evolution, we also now have a possibility that life could have started on another planet and arrived here.

And............fwiw Little Rebecca, to actually observe evolution and see it in action takes thousands of years. However, you can see a small part of it in the African American population that is here today, because back in the 1700's many of the weaker slaves would die on the transit across the ocean, leaving only the most fit and strong ones arriving here alive.

You'd do well to actually learn some science, rather than clinging ignorantly to your limited perspective.

No reputable scientist would believe life came from non-life.

What do you mean by non-life?

You have to prove life has always existed. We know life has not always existed because the universe had a beginning. Either way you have to prove life has always existed. Since life had a beginning that means non-living matter created life.

Atheists sure have a lot of FAITH into believe life somehow came into existence out of non-life.

Atheists sure have a lot of FAITH into believe life somehow came into existence out of non-life.

It amazes me that people can hold such an unreasonable view.

You are made up of NON-LIVING MATERIAL.

How is that so difficult to understand?

It's considered a mathematical improbability, meaning the chances of it not occurring are so ridiculously small that they almost don't deserve mention.

Give me your formula and everything that was figured into your equation and i will see if your numbers are even close.

Last edited:

Give me your formula and everything that was figured into your equation and i will see if you numbers are even close.

Have you ever heard of the Drake equation?

Well it's a simple extrapolation of the same probabilistic mathematics. Have fun, I won't do your homework for you, I'll just present you with the information you need to come to an informed conclusion.

That and I'm interested in what kind of mathematical formula you would take to constitute your position.

OK, I just hope you're watching the video from my other thread. :cool:

I am taking it apart every few minutes and recording my assessments of facts and his assertions. I check my other posts during that period. (I'm a little lazy like that)

Ok what made us a living organism ?

Someone might want to explain his answer to me he might think it is brilliant but it really is not.

Brain,eyes,muscles,skin,hair,organs,oh and about 4 billion cells.

You claim to be a molecular biologist, yet you misunderstand the meaning of "theory" in a scientific definition. His question is nonsensical, and not representative of what the theory of evolution would expect to occur. He is blocked by me until he can ask a question without misrepresenting the position of the scientific community. If you lack faith in our dating methods, then you must lack faith in the same science that brought us nuclear power. It is your choice to deny reality, it's a free country.

Sir you really think i don't know what a theory is ?its a copout explanation for the lack of evidence.

Go jump off a building, gravity is obviously a cop-out since it's "only a theory"

You may think it's only a theory.

Usually i try to refrain from getting personal, don't push it or you might need to add me to your ignore list. :cuckoo:

Usually i try to refrain from getting personal, don't push it or you might need to add me to your ignore list. :cuckoo:

Take the ignore warning as a badge of honor and a victory because they really can't argue their opinions against your facts.

Taking your logic to an extreme is not intended as a personal insult, I'm simply following your assertion to it's logical conclusion.

Which is that your assertion is far too generalized and non-applicable to be of sufficient use to your argument.

I apologize if that was construed as a personal insult.

"Atheists sure have a lot of FAITH into believe life somehow came into existence out of non-life."

It's not faith, if there is substantial evidence to support the premise.

1. There is non-life
2. Life evolves from non-life.

That's not 'somehow' but 'evolution', otherwise 'somehow' would be 'god', relying on of course that the evidence is sound, which it isn't for the case of a god, as without faith there is no god.

If there is a god, why do think he put us Atheists and Agnostics here in the first place? It wouldn't have been to sit pretty and stare at walls, but to test your faith. Isn't the whole point (of the christian god at least) to make his followers follow without evidence, because their faith in god is enough.

Last edited:
"Atheists sure have a lot of FAITH into believe life somehow came into existence out of non-life."

1. There is non-life

That's not 'somehow' but 'evolution', otherwise 'somehow' would be 'god', relying on of course that the evidence is sound, which it isn't for the case of a god, as without faith there is no god.

If there is a god, why do think he put us Atheists and Agnostics here in the first place? It wouldn't have been to sit pretty and stare at walls, but to test your faith. Isn't the whole point (of the christian god at least) to make his followers follow without evidence, because their faith in god is enough.

Are you 100 percent beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are right?
Would you you bet the life of a love one on your belief?
If you say you are 100 percent sure where is your hard phyical evidence toi support what you believe?

1. There is non-life

Are you 100 percent beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are right?
Would you you bet the life of a love one on your belief?
If you say you are 100 percent sure where is your hard phyical evidence toi support what you believe?
99.9% certain, the remaining 0.01% is that we are part of a gods wet dream and we aren't real. As for hard physical evidence, Darwin and Dawkins pretty much have covered that. But to be honest I am not kept awake at night by it, I leave other people to rant on and argue over evolution and god.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back