Why do the God-haters persist?

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

You proceed from a false assumption. I don't hate God. I just don't believe in the Abrahamic God any more than I do in the thousands of other mythical deities. I don't even hate the believers in God so much as I pity them for clinging to fairy tales as adults. There might even be some force outside of the natural universe, but Jehovah is no more real than Zeus or Odin or Ganesh or Pele or Darth Vader. If you want to hang your entire weltanschaung on a fable, well I think it's stupid, but who am I to stop you?

What I hate is when True Believers decide they know how I should live my life and then use the force of law to make me. What I hate is when the religious demand that I accommodate their views and if I don't, I'm somehow hateful. What I hate is when those with a religious agenda try to jam their nonsense in classrooms. What I hate is the intolerance that comes along with knowing you are somehow worshipping the right god(s) and doctrine and everyone else is swine. What I hate is the violence that comes along with religion and how it gets used for political purposes as though it is a good and just thing.

In short, I don't hate God or even you, provided you keep it to yourself. Force it on me and that's when I start to hate.

Or pregnancy! :D

Whatever the reason, God does not make man worship him. the final decision is left to the person to decide.

His world is not for everyone for some odd reason.

Religions make man worship whatever god(s) they have created in their own image. Some are more extreme than others but all of them demand obedience and worship. Given how many religions and gods that have come and gone there is no basis for any of them to claim to be the "one true religion" although all of them do so!

On the positive side religions have provided both solace for the distressed and real food and shelter for the needy. They offer hope for those who are seeking answers. They are founded on sound principles but there are always those who will exploit them for their own nefarious ends. In that respect religions lack "checks & balances". But overall they still do a lot of good!

Religion has brought embarrassment to God. God has helped us with his words but man has manipulated the words to fit their own views.

God will deal with that, he has made it clear in the book of revelations.

Whatever the reason, God does not make man worship him. the final decision is left to the person to decide.

His world is not for everyone for some odd reason.

Religions make man worship whatever god(s) they have created in their own image. Some are more extreme than others but all of them demand obedience and worship. Given how many religions and gods that have come and gone there is no basis for any of them to claim to be the "one true religion" although all of them do so!

On the positive side religions have provided both solace for the distressed and real food and shelter for the needy. They offer hope for those who are seeking answers. They are founded on sound principles but there are always those who will exploit them for their own nefarious ends. In that respect religions lack "checks & balances". But overall they still do a lot of good!

Religion has brought embarrassment to God. God has helped us with his words but man has manipulated the words to fit their own views.

Reminded me of a great quote:

"Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God." Lenny Bruce

If the god in the BIble exists I'd expect the first thing he'll do is strike down all the non-Jews. Everyone claiming Yeshua is G-d has broken the first commandment and nothing angers G-d more.

"Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God." Lenny Bruce

If the god in the BIble exists I'd expect the first thing he'll do is strike down all the non-Jews. Everyone claiming Yeshua is G-d has broken the first commandment and nothing angers G-d more.

In which case he will spare the Atheists since they are not making that claim! ;)

He already has. Can't you see that the inability of those who break the first commandment to be honest or rational excludes them from the fullness of life reserved for the righteous?

They have their reward already.

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

I like that Quote.

The OT prophesied concerning the coming messiah and his name.

The Name of Jesus Revealed in the Old Testament
"Yeshua Is My Name"

In my latest book, The Signature of God, I reported on one of the most astonishing and important biblical discoveries in history. God has hidden the name Yeshua - which is the Hebrew form of the name Jesus in numerous passages throughout the Old Testament. Especially within the great Messianic prophetic passages the Lord has hidden at equally spaced intervals in the Hebrew text the incredible message that "Yeshua is My Name." This is one of the most astonishing and tremendous biblical discoveries in the last two thousand years.

The phenomenon of Hebrew codes hidden within the text of the Torah gives us one of the strongest possible proofs that the Bible was truly inspired by God. My friend Yacov Rambsel, a Jewish Messianic pastor in San Antonio, Texas, made a series of extraordinary discoveries through a detailed analysis of the Hebrew Scriptures by individually counting the equally spaced intervals between the letters. Incredibly, Yacov found the original Hebrew name of Jesus, Yeshua - encoded in the very first verse Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Starting with the fifth letter, Yod - , in the first word in the Bible, B'raisheet "In the beginning" the name of Jesus - Yeshua - is spelled out by counting forward every 521st letter. The letters spell out the words "Yeshua Yakhol" which translates as "Jesus is able."

Grant R. Jeffrey Ministries

The bible is the only thing in the world that becomes more and more complex..yet more simple....upon constant review. The more you look at it, the more is revealed, the more power is exposed....and the only possible reason for that is divinity within the book itself.

God haters get all hung up on the fact that so many people have translated the Word..and they lose sight of the fact that despite that fact, the Word remains true, and constant, and completely intact. That in and of itself if proof of the existence of God and the indwelling of the holy spirit in the words themselves.

For some reason, that makes them furious.

It doesn't make me furious that you think the Bible is all that and a bag of chips. Some people find great understanding and symbolism is all manner of things. You find it in a Bronze Age Creation Mythology. Good for you.

It's when your kind use it as a justification for all kinds of ugliness and then wrap themselves in a cloak of smug righteousness that I have problems.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Not believing in YOUR chosen religion is NOT hate.

we have as much right NOT to believe as you do to believe

Not believing in YOUR chosen religion is NOT hate.

we have as much right NOT to believe as you do to believe

Exactly, God allows that to take place otherwise we would be robots.

and your proof god exists is what?

You see there are many many religions in this world.

You chose one( likely chosen for you by your parents).

how many religions are dead wrong about being the only way?

religion is provabley WRONG.

You choose to believe NOT out of facts.

You don't get to shame people for NOT believing in your myths.

GET IT.

your not the judge

When I tell you what I believe and why it is NOT an insult to you.

stop lying and being prejudice against science

by your own theory 99 percent of religions are WRONG.

yet you have not one iota that YOUR chosen one is correct.

I believe in known science.

my ideas are provable with FACTS

and your proof god exists is what?

You see there are many many religions in this world.

You chose one( likely chosen for you by your parents).

how many religions are dead wrong about being the only way?

religion is provabley WRONG.

You choose to believe NOT out of facts.

You don't get to shame people for NOT believing in your myths.

GET IT.

your not the judge

I am not gonna keep repeating myself.

by your own theory 99 percent of religions are WRONG.

yet you have not one iota that YOUR chosen one is correct.

I believe in known science.

my ideas are provable with FACTS

Already answered this question. religion does not matter to God your faith in him does.

It doesn't make me furious that you think the Bible is all that and a bag of chips. Some people find great understanding and symbolism is all manner of things. You find it in a Bronze Age Creation Mythology. Good for you.

It's when your kind use it as a justification for all kinds of ugliness and then wrap themselves in a cloak of smug righteousness that I have problems.

Yeah. Excuses for bigotry. You'll notice you didn't use one specific example.

Because it's just about hate against a group of people who aren't like you. I see a LOT more smug righteousness, hatred and violence from atheists than I have EVER seen from Christians.

Tell me how many millions have atheists saved and freed because they believe it's the right thing to do? How many atheists have died to protect the freedom and lives of others?

That's right. None. Your irritation at our *smug* righteousness is nothing more than resentment and jealousy. You want what we have...but you can't, because you hate what we believe in.

So you piss and moan.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back