Why do the people who voted for Hillary want to pay more taxes?

Christian charity maybe?
You know...wanting to take care of their fellow citizens like Jesus commanded?
Can you point to the bible verse where Jesus commanded that we pay taxes to the government?

I recall him overturning the taxmans tables in the temple...……….

No. That was the money changer's tables. You should at least read the verses before you try to use them. It helps to know what they actually say, and keeps you from looking like such an idiot.

Seriously, this is illogical and ignorant. So why do you want to keep less of your money and give more away to the government?

Be specific please
Actually, the money was made and its value is enforced by the US government and comes with inherent ownership restrictions (like the fact that it can be taxed) attached. As a result, it is not really "your" or "my" money.

Christian charity maybe?
Can you point to the bible verse where Jesus commanded that we pay taxes to the government?

No. That was the money changer's tables. You should at least read the verses before you try to use them. It helps to know what they actually say, and keeps you from looking like such an idiot.

Why didn't the Romans execute him for messing with their tax collection.

Christian charity maybe?

He didn't interfere with their tax collection.

Seriously, this is illogical and ignorant. So why do you want to keep less of your money and give more away to the government?

Be specific please

Not really,

We want a good safetynet, education for the children, libraries, good infrastructure and Police.

You that don't like paying taxes want a failed state.
And how much of your income should pay for this? And why does Switzerland charge no personal tax?

Answer both in detail

Christian charity maybe?

In Matthew 22:17–21, the Pharisees asked Jesus a question: "'Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?' But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, 'You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Show me the coin used for paying the tax.' They brought Him a denarius, and He asked them, 'Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?' 'Caesar's,' they replied. Then He said to them, 'Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's.'" In full agreement, the apostle Paul taught, "This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor" (Romans 13:6–7).

Romans 13:7
Let every person pbe subject to the governing authorities. For qthere is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. rwill receive his approval, she is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, tan avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. ufor the sake of conscience. vPay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

What does the Bible say about paying taxes?

Delusional...………………………

So Jesus wanted taxes paid so that crucifixions could continue...…………

Yea kiddy if you say so it must be true, Jesus wanted people crucified

Christian charity maybe?

Yea he did, by turning Matthew a tax collector into an apostle.....

Next dumb statement

Be specific please

Really!? They don't want to pay more taxes, they want you and I to pay more taxes. You don't have to dig too deep to find Democrats that will do whatever they can to avoid paying taxes, John Kerry is a classic example, along with Warren Buffett.

Christian charity maybe?

In Matthew 22:17–21, the Pharisees asked Jesus a question: "'Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?' But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, 'You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Show me the coin used for paying the tax.' They brought Him a denarius, and He asked them, 'Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?' 'Caesar's,' they replied. Then He said to them, 'Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's.'" In full agreement, the apostle Paul taught, "This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor" (Romans 13:6–7).

Let every person pbe subject to the governing authorities. For qthere is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. rwill receive his approval, she is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, tan avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. ufor the sake of conscience. vPay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Delusional...………………………

You sound like you're taking debate lessons from Tump. It's hilarious.

Be specific please
We want billionaires and corporations to pay more in taxes. You'll find out in the next couple of years as everyone else's taxes go up.

Be specific please

Really!? They don't want to pay more taxes, they want you and I to pay more taxes. You don't have to dig too deep to find Democrats that will do whatever they can to avoid paying taxes, John Kerry is a classic example, along with Warren Buffett.
Herman Munster and Uncle Fester you mean

Christian charity maybe?

Delusional...………………………

You sound like you're taking debate lessons from Tump. It's hilarious.

I haven't made any sounds, so if you are really hearing voices get medicated

Christian charity maybe?

Next dumb statement

Yes. Matthew was the only tax collector, and his conversion completely shut down all tax collection. Idiot.

Next dumb statement

Yes. Matthew was the only tax collector, and his conversion completely shut down all tax collection. Idiot.

Actually Matthew was educated, and was able to write down the Gospel, this is why Jesus accepted him

Next dumb statement

Actually Matthew was educated, and was able to write down the Gospel, this is why Jesus accepted him

Not what the Bible says, but you don't let that stop you.

Be specific please

Dear Rosy
The opposition to the tax bill was that only the rich classes and wealthy corporate interests were getting breaks.
So this is seen as corrupt as Congress voting in greater benefits for themselves and their financial backers.
It isn't seen as directly helping the working class people.

However, other people are arguing that middle class and working people ARE receiving the benefits of the tax cuts.

I guess it's like the mess over whether Obamacare was helping or hurting more people.
Half the people were arguing it was helping more people who gained by better deals on health insurance.
Half the people were arguing it was hurting more people who lost insurance or had to pay more to get less.

Until we see the results, we don't believe the hype we hear in the media that is politicized
both ways. The left skews it one direction, and the rightwing the other. So people don't know
whether to believe the reports either way!

Next dumb statement

Not what the Bible says, but you don't let that stop you.

BULLDOG how about
Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's
And unto God's that which is God's

Forum List

Back