Why does anybody think concealed carry is a good idea?

Now you are wrong. My guns will most likely kill no one at all. And I sleep quite well, thanks.
Most likely, but if someone gets shot with one it's probably going to be you or one you love. Ideology doesn't change that.

Ideology is not involved at all. But there are hazards that can be negated, as I have said. I have shown how the hazards to me and mine have been negated. Now as long as no one breaks in and threatens us, we will stay within the 99.9% of gun owners who have no gun deaths at all.
That's what the others with dead spouses and kids said. Carry on. As long as it's mostly you kind dying I can't be bothered.

Obviously not. If they had followed basic safety rules the kids would not have died. If they would not stay in a house with any domestic violence, then those killings would not have happened. If they had stored their guns safely, they would not have had them taken and used by someone who shouldn't.

Simply because there are a lot of idiots in the world does not mean I am one.
You could be the Saint of Safety, and it doesn't change the numbers. The one thing I never forget is should I need to kill myself quickly and easily, it's ten feet away. That's why the numbers are what they are. Guns are very easy, and lethal.

Indeed! But a portion of those deaths that sway the numbers are accidental deaths. Another, more significant portion, is domestic violence. If neither of those is present, only the right people have access to the guns, and no one is suicidal, then the numbers change in this particular case. Using national numbers and demanding that they fit every single instance is pure folly.

It's not math; it's bullshit. You have no way of knowing accurate numbers for how many times guns are used for protection so there's no reasonable way to make a comparison. You also ignore the fact that protection is only one of many reasons for owning a firearm. Besides, suicide isn't always such a bad thing. It might be a liberal.
The only reason to own a gun is to kill something, and if it's human, based on the numbers, that's yourself.

Based on the numbers. So the fact that 700 to 800 people every year die in accidental shootings because the basic safety rules were ignored means that we who follow the safety rules are just as likely to die in an accidental shooting? Or the fact that domestic violence shootings account for a significant portion of the deaths from a gun in the home, and we have no domestic violence here, we are still as likely to shoot each other?

The problem is, you expect these averages and national numbers to fit every specific case. They don't.

There are steps that can be taken to negate the hazards. We have taken those steps.
Pride goeth before the fall...

LMAO!! Oh please. How about "Intelligence and diligence prevents problems & accidents"?
Mine is better, and Biblical.

But mine is more accurate for the situation we are discussing.

It's not math; it's bullshit. You have no way of knowing accurate numbers for how many times guns are used for protection so there's no reasonable way to make a comparison. You also ignore the fact that protection is only one of many reasons for owning a firearm. Besides, suicide isn't always such a bad thing. It might be a liberal.
The only reason to own a gun is to kill something, and if it's human, based on the numbers, that's yourself.

Based on the numbers. So the fact that 700 to 800 people every year die in accidental shootings because the basic safety rules were ignored means that we who follow the safety rules are just as likely to die in an accidental shooting? Or the fact that domestic violence shootings account for a significant portion of the deaths from a gun in the home, and we have no domestic violence here, we are still as likely to shoot each other?

The problem is, you expect these averages and national numbers to fit every specific case. They don't.

There are steps that can be taken to negate the hazards. We have taken those steps.

Since you keep guns in your home, aren't you in the same danger? Wouldn't that speak to your hypocrisy?
Nope, because if I could ban all of them, I would destroy mine.

But that does not change the fact that you are in the same danger you claim I am in.

Most likely, but if someone gets shot with one it's probably going to be you or one you love. Ideology doesn't change that.

Ideology is not involved at all. But there are hazards that can be negated, as I have said. I have shown how the hazards to me and mine have been negated. Now as long as no one breaks in and threatens us, we will stay within the 99.9% of gun owners who have no gun deaths at all.
That's what the others with dead spouses and kids said. Carry on. As long as it's mostly you kind dying I can't be bothered.

Obviously not. If they had followed basic safety rules the kids would not have died. If they would not stay in a house with any domestic violence, then those killings would not have happened. If they had stored their guns safely, they would not have had them taken and used by someone who shouldn't.

You could be the Saint of Safety, and it doesn't change the numbers. The one thing I never forget is should I need to kill myself quickly and easily, it's ten feet away. That's why the numbers are what they are. Guns are very easy, and lethal.

Indeed! But a portion of those deaths that sway the numbers are accidental deaths. Another, more significant portion, is domestic violence. If neither of those is present, only the right people have access to the guns, and no one is suicidal, then the numbers change in this particular case. Using national numbers and demanding that they fit every single instance is pure folly.
The national numbers are what they are. If you ask, okay, so who gets killed by a gun? Well, the man that bought it mostly.

The national numbers are what they are. If you ask, okay, so who gets killed by a gun? Well, the man that bought it mostly.

Actually, the answer would be "No one gets killed most of the time".

LMAO!! Oh please. How about "Intelligence and diligence prevents problems & accidents"?

I wish that were true, but it isn't. It's still math and I have a list as long as you street of people who swore they were careful with their guns, and then buried a child nonetheless.

Well since I am only worried about the dead bodies that matters not at all. The same is true of cars and airplanes, most people make it.

I wish that were true, but it isn't. It's still math and I have a list as long as you street of people who swore they were careful with their guns, and then buried a child nonetheless.

Then they were not careful. Follow the basic safety rules and no one dies.

Well since I am only worried about the dead bodies that matters not at all.

If that is what you want to focus on, you get a myopic view of the topic.

Shocking. Next question...

Oh, but they were, and it didn't matter. The rules are well-known, and still we bury them by the gross every month.

And accurate. But I will remain one of the 99.9% (as long as no one breaks in). And I will enjoy the hobbies I have involving guns. And you focus on the dead bodies and wonder if you are in danger because you have guns in your home.

Letting people carry guns in public will obviously lead to more people using guns in public.
That is in fact not what has happened, IN FACT use of firearms murder and violent crimes has gone DOWN as more and more States authorize concealed carry and open carry. You gun grabbers have been making that same tired claim for years and it has never been true.

The sun rises in the east and gun control advocates LIE those are two things you can count on.

And accurate. But I will remain one of the 99.9% (as long as no one breaks in). And I will enjoy the hobbies I have involving guns. And you focus on the dead bodies and wonder if you are in danger because you have guns in your home.
Wonder? No, I plan to use one to blow my head off, when the time is right. Clear now?

Letting people carry guns in public will obviously lead to more people using guns in public.
That is in fact not what has happened, IN FACT use of firearms murder and violent crimes has gone DOWN as more and more States authorize concealed carry and open carry. You gun grabbers have been making that same tired claim for years and it has never been true.

The sun rises in the east and gun control advocates LIE those are two things you can count on.
No lies are required. Guns kill humans. Got it now?

Oh, but they were, and it didn't matter. The rules are well-known, and still we bury them by the gross every month.

No, they were not. Either they ignored a safety rule, didn't store the guns properly, or they (or someone else) intentionally shot their child. Those are the ways someone dies from a gun.

Forum List

Back