Why the rape case against Trump will end up thrown into the trash

Of course he's not guilty. If he was actually guilty of fondling that psycho skank who said or did nothing for FORTY YEARS and can't even agree on the time and place, it would be the worst date Trump ever had considering that he is only attracted to supermodels! If he were actually guilty, the crooked state wouldn't have had to CHANGE the definition of rape so they could include him. If he were actually guilty, the judge wouldn't need to bar Trump from presenting evidence in his behalf! If he were actually guilty, like every other loser the left digs up, she wouldn't be doing this now right before an election!

The DOJ was never "under" Trump--- they've been out trying to get him, half the people there are Obumma hires.

Asshole, I've only brought it up like FIFTY times here. Guess you read about as well as you post.
Whose photo is Dagosa using? Not his. Not his family. No, he fakes us here using a famous pitchers photo. Why is he lying? Why use a mans photo who does not know Dagosa?

Uh...it's already been decided. He's liable. All he can do is appeal the judgement. It might be reduced, but these are rarely overturned. :)
And just to reiterate, this wasn't a criminal trial...you do know that...right?
what did you think of the judge being very good friends with her lawyer for yrs....no problem right

you god damned people are going to get yourself brutally murdered for what you are doing...i hope your murderer smears your blood all over his god damned face

Trump has to put 83 million dollars in escrow to appeal. Lolo 🤣
Trump can purchase a bond.

Former President Donald Trump has vowed to appeal journalist E. Jean Carroll’s major legal victory over him on Jan. 26, 2024, when a Manhattan jury determined that Trump must pay her US$83.3 million for repeatedly defaming Carroll.

The jury awarded Carroll US$7.3 million for damage to her reputation, $11 million for emotional harm and $65 million for punitive damages.

Does Trump need to pay these damages immediately?​

Punitive damages are almost always appealed. Defendants don’t say, “Cool, here is a check for whatever amount.” It is a long appeal process that happens with these damages.

Trump has said he will appeal the decision, and he will likely first argue that the compensatory damages are too high. He will likely then argue that punitive damages should not be awarded, and second, that the punitive damage amount is excessive and is based on animus against him.

He doesn’t have to pay anything until the process is done.

Assuming that Trump reaches the end of an appeals process and is still ordered to pay this full $83.3 million, how would that be enforced?​

If Trump’s appeal is turned down, he could simply pay the judgment. Or the next thing he could do is say he doesn’t have the assets to pay.

The court would then have to do a deep dive into what his assets are. If the court determines he does have the assets and he still does not pay, he would be held in contempt of court. That has already happened to Trump in other civil cases. It means he could be fined or given actual jail time. Or, if he says he doesn’t have the funds and he clearly does, then the court can seize his assets.

"Or the next thing he could do is say he doesn’t have the assets to pay"

You are ridiculous and more than that, you are wrong.
That is from an article and I posted the link.

Dude... you know you're addressing the smartest guy on the board, right? Just ask him...
What he declared is ridiculous is an article from a publication. I also included the link so read it.

Do I know that. Be ready for the guy to consider it a compliment.
Do I detect two posters who believe they are inferior? Based on the way they both whine.

Forum List

Back