Why weren't we allowed to see Osama's body?

Hey, whatever happened to his wives and kids that were with him in the compound? I know a couple died, but the rest must have been taken for questioning or something?

having been told several hundred times by Military Intelligence you should have been paying attention.

Having been shot in the head/face, Osama would have needed some serious duct tape work to look presentable.

Maybe some Spackle™.

Anyway, that being the case, I can understand that the military wouldn't want to give Al Qaeda a nice big visual to leverage on their Facebook page.

Last edited:

having been told several hundred times by Military Intelligence you should have been paying attention.
What the president said isn't the reason?

Anyone ever consider that if photos of Bin Laden were broadcast on the nightly news for everyone to see, it might cause a backlash from the Muslim community, resulting in more terror attacks than what we have now?

And.............there's that little thing called the Geneva Conventions. I think that displaying dead people as trophies is against it.

Anyone ever consider that if photos of Bin Laden were broadcast on the nightly news for everyone to see, it might cause a backlash from the Muslim community, resulting in more terror attacks than what we have now?

And.............there's that little thing called the Geneva Conventions. I think that displaying dead people as trophies is against it.
Whoever said they should be posted on the nightly news?

How else are all the people on this thread that wanted to see OBL's body going to be able to? I don't think that they're going to open up a special gallery with pictures in the 9/11 memorial. The only way that everyone in this country would be able to see the body is if the pictures were put on the news.

How else are all the people on this thread that wanted to see OBL's body going to be able to? I don't think that they're going to open up a special gallery with pictures in the 9/11 memorial. The only way that everyone in this country would be able to see the body is if the pictures were put on the news.
Ever hear of the internet?

Basically the same thing as television news. And they didn't do it there either, probably for the same reasons.

Basically the same thing as television news. And they didn't do it there either, probably for the same reasons.
No, it's not the same thing, and the reason they didn't display there either is probably because there weren't any pictures to display.

No, it's not the same thing, and the reason they didn't display there either is probably because there weren't any pictures to display.

If there were no pictures, then why did some of the congress critters state that they'd seen them?

Haven't read the whole thread but the SEAL team all put rounds into him....probably didn't have much of a face left. Of course Barry, being the shadows muslim that he is, was afraid pics of binny all shot to shit would "inflame" the ME. And I'm sure the death pics of his hero Che had something to do with it too....he probably wept for days after those.

And that little thing called human decency. He was not a decent man, but he was a human being like the rest of us. Don't know quite how to articulate that one. I'm glad justice was done.

Forum List

Back