"You didn't get there on your own"

Obama hasn't done thing one to help small business. My guess is losing in November is his best shot.

Sure. 50% or depreciation on 27.5 year real property bought in 2011 is worthless to small businesses. It only allows myself to deduct nearly $40,000 in depreciation expenses from my rental activity in one year - as opposed to less than $3000 - that didn't help at all.

And if the 12 billion dollars in small business tax cuts were no good for the small businesses - why don't they send them back?

Small Business Jobs Act of 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, my bad, I forget that right wingers never, ever, ever do their homework.

Obama hasn't done thing one to help small business. My guess is losing in November is his best shot.

Sure. 50% or depreciation on 27.5 year real property bought in 2011 is worthless to small businesses. It only allows myself to deduct nearly $40,000 in depreciation expenses from my rental activity in one year - as opposed to less than $3000 - that didn't help at all.

And if the 12 billion dollars in small business tax cuts were no good for the small businesses - why don't they send them back?

It only helps those with new property. Again, picking winners and losers. I have not witnessed dime one in tax savings from Obama.

It only helps those with new property. Again, picking winners and losers. I have not witnessed dime one in tax savings from Obama.

That's it. Qualifying for the government loans and tax breaks was simply unfeasible or impossible for the vast majority of business owners which is why we're not seeing any testimonials praising them from business owners. The capital gains tax break did help out a few businessmen who had to close down businesses and liquidate due to the crappy economy. Whoop de doo. ANY of the things government could have done to boost economic growth was turned thumbs down by Fearless Leader and the Democratically controlled Congress.

Last edited:
I'm finding all the nonbusiness owners telling us how well we have done quite enlightening.

Just like the stimulus...a lot of bogus numbers.

Keep ooping....

Listening to Fox etc, no wonder you don't know...a disgrace. Pubs have also blocked everything for the last 3 years...more stuff you don't know about....

Stimulus worked DUH!, but the meltdown was worse than known at the time, NINE PER CENT retraction, 40 % of middle class wealth. Great job, corrupt Pubs/cronies...dupes!

Last edited:
NBCNews.com Video Player

You Olympians, however, know you didn’t get here solely on your own power. For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions. All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them. We’ve already cheered the Olympians, let’s also cheer the parents, coaches, and communities. All right! [pumps fist].

- Mitt Romney 2002

My how times have changed...oh no, wait, no they haven't, it's just Mitt!

Ahh. So by "Obama hasn't done thing one to help small business", you really meant "Obama hasn't done thing one to help MY small business"

Got it!

I'm finding all the nonbusiness owners telling us how well we have done quite enlightening.
You don't mean "us", you mean "me", we've already established tax benefits to businesses only count if they help you in particular.

No fool, we means the three actual business owners who have posted here and none of them has had any benefit from the supposed tax breaks. The one person who did claim some type of benefit is now in the position of losing his break when he sells his asset well before the depreciation period ends. Yes, the government takes that back and it will be huge. Short term thinkers you and your buddy.

Ahh. So by "Obama hasn't done thing one to help small business", you really meant "Obama hasn't done thing one to help MY small business"

Got it!

Besides picking winners and losers in his small business proposals...............Nothing nadda................ zip..........

But go ahead and post the things that helped all of Americas small businesses.

Listening to Fox etc, no wonder you don't know...a disgrace. Pubs have also blocked everything for the last 3 years...more stuff you don't know about....

Stimulus worked DUH!, but the meltdown was worse than known at the time, NINE PER CENT retraction, 40 % of middle class wealth. Great job, corrupt Pubs/cronies...dupes!

Is there any way we can check to see how many times this post has been put up word for word on this entire board ?

I'll bet it has been a thousand times.

Francblo does not have much of a vocabulary (teacher my ass), but you think she could change the words around from time to time.

Neg rep on the way.

Not that he even understands how a lot of that contraction was from expansion that should never have taken place thanks to the dems allowing the housing bubble to form.

But when you listen to Randi Roadkill....I guess your I.Q. is bound to drop.

Are those your words or a book quotation? Without a quote box, it's hard to tell.

In either case, if you'll open the link I posted above, you'll find that the author (more generous than I, to be sure)... already pretty much concedes all that. He gives you the entire DoD, for example. He still finds that this type of federal spending is less than 25%. It's just not possible to say that the business community is profiting more than they pay. At best, they're only benefiting by 25% of federal spending, but the top 1% account for 37% of revenues.

Obama's argument fails on every level, but it fails most of all in basic honesty. Because he KNOWS that he could confiscate every dime from the so-called rich and maybe.. maybe.. fund one year of current spending, leaving nothing for any subsequent year. This is political division, created for the sake of garnering votes.

We should ALL be pissed about that. This guy RAN on unity. :exclaim:

My words. I quoted my source.

As to the bolded above, horse shit.
Barb, if only it were. I owned a business for 23 years. Nobody ever ran to my aid the 2 years it was being embezzled, and following that episode, repayment for losses required a full five years of paying them back with interest when I borrowed to keep doors open and employees paid. You couldn't pay me a million bucks to repeat the wrenching that horrible series of thefts placed on my little world of barely making it through the years by the seat of my pants. Thieving employees take something away from their victims business and place distrust and loss of health with it. The entire time, that employee took what little my business home while I was at the bank every two weeks, wondering what was going on to make merchandise march out the door and not enough receipts to replace that. It wasn't until all other employees left and it was just the two of us that the crimes done were revealed through daily acts of theft I won'[t go into here.

In the end, you may have irrefutable accounting and eyewitness proofs of theft, but in a small town, you have zero trust left for that person's associates, all of whom caterwaul (without knowing) that you are rich by virtue of being your own boss while they are poor, whereas you as a business owner haven't a fraction of their take-home power from the profitable businesses they gather to.

I'm not sure that will mean anything to anyone, but it was a lesson in not ever being somebody else's chump for more than a week. That went on for two years, and the sinister thefts were uncovered by me by sheer accident of stumbling upon a red-handed catch so clear it was irrefutable in and of itself. The feedback I got came through an enraged friend who believed only the lies of a con artist and dissed me, the person who was holding the bag and was bound by employment laws of not being able to discuss the length, depth, and loss inflicted on the business by an employee. The law is clear. Employers may not discuss any personal thing about their employee to another employer except date hired and date left. Proving a 30,000 to 40,000 heist could cost you $100,000 in lawyer and accountant fees. Every time I see a "going out of business" sign, I wonder who hit them, and how much was stolen for that sign to be posted outside the door, and the people cleaning shelves could be bank employees trying to recover everybody's hurt from that worker, protected by his own lies to pals who pity and buy the hubris.

I'd rethink what I said to Murf. He may have a hands-on knowledge his case is built on solid rock.

Apples and oranges, Becky. Your situation, while horrible, has NOTHING to do with tax law, profit and loss on the scale we're discussing here. I do sympathise, though. I tried to warn those who stabbed me in the back, before and after they did so, that they were welcoming a skunk to the woodpile. It was my family business, and while it was fun on one level to be proven correct and see those I'd trusted pay a price for not trusting me, it was frustrating to see something like that come down when it was avoidable.

NBCNews.com Video Player

You Olympians, however, know you didn’t get here solely on your own power. For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions. All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them. We’ve already cheered the Olympians, let’s also cheer the parents, coaches, and communities. All right! [pumps fist].

- Mitt Romney 2002

My how times have changed...oh no, wait, no they haven't, it's just Mitt!

Mitt did not suggest for a minute that the Olympians did not put in the work, effort, endure the pain, the disappointments, and the struggle to reach a level to become competitive in the Olympics. The fact that others supported them along the way takes nothing away from their own efforts. No suggestion that those medals should be cut up and distributed to everybody because the Olympians don't deserve to keep them.

Obama tells us who built businesses that we didn't do that but government did it; that we owe everybody else our profits because we don't deserve them.

Did Mitt suggest the Olympians return their medals or turn over funds they earned in endorsements to the government or parents?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Yeah, think about Obama giving that same speech re the Olympics:

You say it is because you are talented. Well a whole bunch of people are talented.
You say it is because you put in the time and effort to train. Well a whole bunch of people put in time and effort on a lot of things.
You won that race? You didn't run that. There were people who built the track and painted the lanes and found a starting pistol. All of us working together won that race. So you're going to have to hand over some of your medal and record from the record book and share with everybody else.

You say it is because you are talented. Well a whole bunch of people are talented.
You say it is because you put in the time and effort to train. Well a whole bunch of people put in time and effort on a lot of things.
You won that race? You didn't run that. There were people who built the track and painted the lanes and found a starting pistol. All of us working together won that race. So you're going to have to hand over some of your medal and record from the record book and share with everybody else.

Just hand over any medal you get to Michelle, she's right there...

Just hand over any medal you get to Michelle, she's right there...

Some days you're the voice of sweet reason, other days...well, not so much.

Forum List

Back