"You didn't get there on your own"

Oh, and by the way.

cult.jpg

Because you conservative dimbulbs only see the world in black and white. Either you make yourself a success or the government does.

I'll spell this out for you since you're probably too stupid to get it from this clue. It takes a motivated entrepreneur AND the infrastructure that government provides to create a success.

PROVIDED????????????

Like the entrepeneur didn't pay for those government services?

I don't pay for those services?

You don't pay for those services?

The government just "provides" those services out of the "goodness" of their bureacratic little hearts? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

By your own non-logic I now demand you hand your pay checks over because you couldn't have made that check without all of us.

It's makes about as much sense.

Explaining things to a conservative is a lot like trying to point the moon out to a dog. They just keep staring at your finger.

Oh, and BTW, maybe you could use more smileys. They hit me just like bullets.

This is what liberals do when they lose. Just call names and claim they won and were "intelligent" anyway.

But you notice they stop talking about the subject completely and just call names.:eusa_shhh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am sure that if you were president you would have marched into Iran and stopped them?
The Muslim brotherhood was elected by the people of Egypt, hate democracy do ya?
You have all the answers all the time, but you have no power. Ahhhh, you missed your chance to be world leader and do it ;"My waaayyyyy"!

The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt was "elected" like the Mullahs in Iran.

Because an incompetent president pulled support from a more reasonable leader and allowed absolute zealots to take over.

You libs can scream about the evils of the Shah, but does anyone believe the people are better off under the Mullahs?

your own personal beliefs about what's better in another country in that regard don't really matter.

what if iraq had decided the appointment of bush to the presidency endangered it (which it did)... did it have the right to send troops here and depose the leader of a sovereign nation... even though he was only appointed.

AHA!! Simultaneous posting, I am NOT your sock!! BooYAH!!

:thup:

:rofl:

So how do you go about thanking Obama for all these gifts? Do you sing the mmmm mmmmm mmmm song?

You are a product of government. Congratulations.

Why are you so obsessed with Obama? He wasn't in charge for very much of that time. Is your business in trouble and you think it's all his fault?
I'm just wondering how you give thanks to the uncounted millions that have made you the man you are today. How does one properly worship government without reserving some piety for the head?

It's official. Your hatred of this man has consumed you.

I am sure that if you were president you would have marched into Iran and stopped them?
The Muslim brotherhood was elected by the people of Egypt, hate democracy do ya?
You have all the answers all the time, but you have no power. Ahhhh, you missed your chance to be world leader and do it ;"My waaayyyyy"!

The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt was "elected" like the Mullahs in Iran.

Because an incompetent president pulled support from a more reasonable leader and allowed absolute zealots to take over.

You libs can scream about the evils of the Shah, but does anyone believe the people are better off under the Mullahs?

Many Iranians still blame Carter for what he did and the way he destroyed Iran. More than that, they blame obama for ignoring them in 2009.

carter destroyed iran? that's interesting.

as for anyone blaming the president for "ignoring them", i think that's a lie... they wanted the U.S. not to interfere b/c then achmadinejad and the boys would have said the protesters were shills of the U.S.

PROVIDED????????????

Like the entrepeneur didn't pay for those government services?

I don't pay for those services?

You don't pay for those services?

The government just "provides" those services out of the "goodness" of their bureacratic little hearts? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

By your own non-logic I now demand you hand your pay checks over because you couldn't have made that check without all of us.

It's makes about as much sense.

Explaining things to a conservative is a lot like trying to point the moon out to a dog. They just keep staring at your finger.

way to respond to a point well made...

In other words...you had no valid response....so criticize the smily faces.

Exactly! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's exactly what Joe is doing!

And now some smilies to irritate Joe even more!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why are you so obsessed with Obama? He wasn't in charge for very much of that time. Is your business in trouble and you think it's all his fault?
I'm just wondering how you give thanks to the uncounted millions that have made you the man you are today. How does one properly worship government without reserving some piety for the head?

It's official. Your hatred of this man has consumed you.

I would have said 'unhinged' rather than 'consumed', but to each their own. ;)

Fact is every person could benefit from infrastructure as much as a successful businessman.

So that one person does and others don't is no cause for that person to pay more than his share now is it?

And I've already shown you multiple times that businesses already pay more for "society" than the average American.

The topic of the thread is "You did not get there on your own"

Nobody has questioned that businesses pay taxes as they should. Nobody questions that businesses pay more taxes than the average Joe Taxpayer. They also benefit more from what those taxes provide

O hai. Fox News truncated the President's remarks and then went screaming apeshit based on their misquotation instead of what he actually said? I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

Here's the full context *probably AGAIN* of what he ACTUALLY said.

We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more …

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

Gee. It sounds so much more logical (and actually like the President) when you say it THAT WAY.

You know. The way he ACTUALLY SAID IT.

imagine that... fauxnews misrepresenting what the president said.

who'd a figured? *shrug*

Well for a failure, FDR seems to have done pretty well, the people voted for him four times, a record that will stand for some years, maybe forever, America's historians have always rated FDR in the top three greatest American presidents and recently rated him the greatest. So it seems the people thought he was great and the historians the greatest.
So how did the Republicans do with the Great Depression? Republicans had a country that that was booming along in the greatest period of prosperity and bingo under Republican leadership it entered the greatest depression the nation has ever had.
To add to the problem, Republicans keep bringing up evidence that FDR didn't spend enough money on the New Deal, it took war time spending. Hope we remember that.

Republicans keep bringing up evidence that FDR didn't spend enough?

Oh LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! That one is a howler.

Name the Republican saying that. I have heard that charge made BUT BY THE LIBERAL MEDIA AND ONLY THE LIBERAL MEDIA.

I hate to break it to you but FDR had nothing to do with the unemployment rate coming down.

Look at it here: United States Unemployment Rate 1920–2010 — Infoplease.com

When did the unemployment rate come starkly down. IN THE YEAR 1942!

Now what event might have precipitated that? Oooooo Let me think.

WORLD WAR II YOU MORONS!

The DRAFT put men to work IN THE MILITARY. It put women to work in the factories.

FDR had nothing to do with it.

But the great prosperity only took effect under Truman and Eisenhower.

Considering the way that FDR's hands were tied by Congress he did a good job of secretly and openly increasing military aid to England.
So yes FDR was responsible for reviving the war industry well before war broke out in '41.
If the repubs had their way,, The rising sun and swastika flags would still be waving.

If FDR had his way, he would have packed the court.

And what are you talking about reviving the industry? The US was in woeful STRAIGHTS when they entered the war, because they were unprepared!

They were terribly unprepared for WWII!

That's why Pearl Harbor happened you moron!

My grandfather was over the production of the B-25 for North American in Columbus, Ohio.

If he were still alive he could tell you. FDR didn't do jack! Not until the war broke out.

FDR PROMISED THE COUNTRY WHEN HE RAN AGAIN TO KEEP US OUT OF THE WAR!

Good grief what history books did you read?

Some leftist revisionism, obviously!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, I once worked for 40 hours without sleep in order to complete a contract. Working hard enough wasn't the issue. It was a bleeding edge company in a field where there were some pretty well established competitors. I probably could have made it work if I'd have stuck with it longer - I have a friend who's doing what I started - but it lost it's appeal and I felt like I'd been there and done that.

In other words you were a quitter and now you think everyone else owes you.

Is being hateful all you know?

BWAHAHAHA!

This is typical of leftists.

There is nothing more "hateful" than telling the TRUTH about a liberal!

And when you do, AND THEY CAN'T DENY IT, they just drop the subject and start calling you names.

NOTICE IT WASN'T "HATEFUL" OF MOONGLOW THE HYPOCRITE to call US names, or the Tea Party names.

NOOOOOOOOO, it's ONLY HATEFUL if you tell the truth about a liberal!

Typical hypocrisy!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The answer to his question was in several other posts. I'm just running out of different ways of saying the same thing and he'll probably never get it anyway.

No you didn't!

You just made excuses for why you lost your business, but one line made it clear, YOU JUST QUIT AND BLAMED EVERYBODY ELSE!

And BTW, I'm NOT a HE. You are getting your ass kicked by a woman.

How's that for your "war on women?"

The answer to his question was in several other posts. I'm just running out of different ways of saying the same thing and he'll probably never get it anyway.

No you didn't!

You just made excuses for why you lost your business, but one line made it clear, YOU JUST QUIT AND BLAMED EVERYBODY ELSE!

No, I once worked for 40 hours without sleep in order to complete a contract. Working hard enough wasn't the issue. It was a bleeding edge company in a field where there were some pretty well established competitors. I probably could have made it work if I'd have stuck with it longer - I have a friend who's doing what I started - but it lost it's appeal and I felt like I'd been there and done that.

Quitting... You mean kind of like you and school?

Another attack because he knows I have his number!

He did! He just quit and is blaming everybody else!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is being hateful all you know?

BWAHAHAHA!

This is typical of leftists.

There is nothing more "hateful" than telling the TRUTH about a liberal!

And when you do, AND THEY CAN'T DENY IT, they just drop the subject and start calling you names.

NOTICE IT WASN'T "HATEFUL" OF MOONGLOW THE HYPOCRITE to call US names, or the Tea Party names.

NOOOOOOOOO, it's ONLY HATEFUL if you tell the truth about a liberal!

Typical hypocrisy!

wow... was that supposed to pass for discussion.

kinda pathetic there, tps... trolling even by your standards. :cuckoo:

What was the issue with the government? Generally, if a company doesn't make money, it doesn't have to pay the government anything.

So, the answer is to fail at whatever you try?

:eusa_eh:

Well, kind of.............the government doesn't have much success lately at stuff they've tried. Look at Obama's green energy investments. :hmpf:

Damn! You guys are blowing me out of the water today with your posts!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh! I wish I could give you all a thousand rep points! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Fact is every person could benefit from infrastructure as much as a successful businessman.

So that one person does and others don't is no cause for that person to pay more than his share now is it?

And I've already shown you multiple times that businesses already pay more for "society" than the average American.

The topic of the thread is "You did not get there on your own"

Nobody has questioned that businesses pay taxes as they should. Nobody questions that businesses pay more taxes than the average Joe Taxpayer. They also benefit more from what those taxes provide

O hai. Fox News truncated the President's remarks and then went screaming apeshit based on their misquotation instead of what he actually said? I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

Here's the full context *probably AGAIN* of what he ACTUALLY said.

We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more …

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

Gee. It sounds so much more logical (and actually like the President) when you say it THAT WAY.

You know. The way he ACTUALLY SAID IT.

If I have a business I didn't build that?

What the fuck does that mean? Is Bam Bam saying that people give buildings away to be used as businesses?

If I paid for a building to be built then yes I built it because without my money it wouldn't have happened now would it?

Let me ask you sheep this?

Whose money funded my business? I didn't take any government guaranteed loans. I am personally responsible for every dollar I borrowed and every lease I took out for equipment.

Which of you did any of that for me?

Were any of you working with me when I had to do 50K in code upgrades so as to open? Did you help pay for the code upgrades?

Where would you have been if our business failed? Would you have given us room and board?

What risk did anyone else in "society" take when I opened my business?

None that's what and now you greedy fucks want more of the rewards I made happen.

Seems Bam Bam doesn't understand the difference between working together and paying people to do work.

Last edited:
And Liberals are so dependent that they never advance BEYOND the fetal stage... :eusa_whistle:

you know, oh braindead toon, you keep making comments like that. yet i know i've been working since i was 15.

and now we all look forward to you telling us what you do in order to be a productive member of society.

besides play the troll, of course.

If a company does not make money, it is not true that you don't have to pay the government anything. If you say that, you just have never been in business of any size or income. If you have never heard of the Alternative Minimum Tax, you just don't have business experience.

Not to mention SS, medicare and unemployment tax. 1/2 of SS and Medicare is paid by the employer if they make money or not. Unemployment is paid 100% by the employer. They don't care if you made a profit, if you pay employees you still have to pay the tax.

See, now we're getting somewhere. How is it that 55 pages into this discussion, you were the first person to actually list the tax grievances?

Ok, so you tax woes are because of your employees. I had a sole proprietorship. If I didn't make money, I didn't get paid and except for minor things, neither did the government. Still, who gets a bunch of employees until a business reaches a level where they're needed?

In other word, he never was successful enough to have employees and he quit and blamed everyone else.

AKA he has NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

Expect another round of whining from Joe about my smilies because he sure won't be able to refute that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No you didn't!

I'll be darned. I kind of pictured you as a male, loser, high school dropout, wanna be internet tough guy posting from mom and dads basement. Most women are smarter.

Forum List

Back