A challenge to ALL of you whining about P. Dean's firing

Common fact...Democrats were still calling Brazil nuts...."****** toes" well into the 80's.

In fact, certain pockets of Democrats across the country still do...:eek:

Once again, nut nomenclature has nothing to do with politics. That's a Southern (white) term-- not a political term.

Get a grip here, holy shit.

Last edited:
This whole thing is lunacy. OJ Simpson was found not guilty because Mark Fuhrman said ****** years before-------------have we totally lost all common sense in this country?

OJ was found not guilty because the police department flubbed the investigation. If they were more professional and thorough the man would be behind bars...

The police department flubbed it and the DA was incompetant.

well, thats the allegation from the ex-employee. Do you think its right to fire someone based on an unproven allegation?

She admitted using the N word years ago----BFD, who cares? who hasn't at some time used that word? Its just a word for crying out loud. whatever happened to "stick and stones------------------but words will never hurt me" ?

Redfish - Personally, I think Paula was sincere in her apology and I don't think any different of her (I realize the circumstances and where she grew up, ect. Whatever). But this isn't about what you or I think, it's about what the viewership thinks.

Lets go over the facts one more time:

1.) Paula was a daytime host for a wholesome cooking show. Advertisers are looking for zero controversy.
2.) Paula publicly admitted to calling a black fellow a N**ger and now everyone in the country knows.

There's no getting around the fact that those two things don't mix, period.

Paula might have been blackmailed, screwed over, etc, etc but what's done is done and there's no way the Food Network is going to let her stay on because it's going to mean A LOSS OF DOLLARS.

The Food Network is a business, and businesses make money for its shareholders. When something comes in the way of making money, they remove the obstacle (which they did).

Call it bad luck, call it whatever you want, but these are the circumstances and there's no changing them. Paula has no right to sue the network for making a solid business decision.

I agree, her employer has the right to fire her for any reason. I am just trying to point out the hypocrisy of the left. They want to make it impossible to fire an incompetent minority employee, but are fine with firing someone for uttering a single word years ago.

Of course there's hypocrisy everywhere you look on the issue.

However, I believe you were faulting the Food Network on firing Paula and I just wanted to point out that you can't because they're simply making a straightforward business decision. Ultimately, the responsibility falls on Paula for making the decision to use a word that is going to stir some major controversy if it were to ever be made public.

This is all about the trial and I think that the woman who is trying to sue her and her brother is trying to get their money.
This will be proved or disproved in the trial.
She said the N word 27 years ago to her husband.
She was working in a bank that was being robbed and a black man came up to her and started yelling at her in her face and waving a gun.
She went home and told her husband and then called him the N word.
Trial Transcript; read pages 22 and 23.
Document: Paula Deen's testimony
It seems to me, like the Food Network has condemned her before the trial is even finished.
We have a thing in this country called innocent until proven guilty.
To me the Food Network has condemned her as guilty before proven innocent.

I think that the Food Network should have told her that they would hold off on her contract until after the trial verdict.

Ozzie Guillen got suspended by his employer in the same way, last year.

It is an employer decision and they do have the right to not renew a contract, but the (apparent) basis is spineless.

so for a rappers, it's an important part of street cred?

Again, I'm keeping it simple and logical.

There are rap fans out there (right or wrong) who will still throw their money to rap artists regardless of that artist using the word n**ger or talking about hitting women, etc.

But there are not many advertisers out there who want to pay millions of dollars to advertise on Paula's show following this controversy.

That's just the way things are, sorry if you can't accept that...

Bill Mahr called Palin a slut and we all, including me, bitched about it being over the top.

I'm pretty sure the term ****** is just as bad.

How bout we STOP being hypocrites eh?

Maher was fired?

Maher was fired, yes, from ABC but not for that -- for pointing out that the attribution of the adjective "cowards" to the 9/11 hijackers was inaccurate.

And he was right. But PC strikes again.

The alleged Palin comment ("alleged" because there's no record of it) would have occurred in a standup comedy act. You don't get fired from standup comedy-- you get audience reaction. If the audience reaction had been negative he would have had to abandon the line.

Last edited:
If you are aware of it, then are you leaving that fact out when you are posting about her "sin"?

Leaving out important facts is wrong.. Just as I should have also stated that the comments were made to her husband in the privacy of her home, not in public.

Shroom - I'm confused as to what you're getting at.

Sure, the comments might have been made at home and should have probably stayed there. HOWEVER, Paula made the conscious decision to ADMIT to saying those things on public record.

She had a choice - lie and save her career or tell the truth and face (potentially) being fired. She chose option two and with that choice comes consequences.

Again, I'm not here to argue Paula's moral character, I'm here to reiterate the fact that she is no longer profitable and should be dumped. There's a big difference.

Shit happens, and the Food Network made the right decision for its investors, case closed.

The food network has the right to not renew her contract for any reason they want.

Except if they declined to renew it if she was black, or if it was because she was a woman, or because she was gay, or even because she was a man.

Oh bullshit.

A contract is finite. It has a term which expires, and this is why-- needs and risks next year may be different from this year's. That's not the same as being "fired". But it's instructive who has to dishonestly frame it that way to push their gadfly agenda.

Supressing speech should never occur in this country, under our Constitution. Even ignorant douchbags like Maher should be allowed to speak their minds.

At the same time, one needs to realize that there may be consequences for your speech, within the tenets of the Constitution.

Some of you are acting like Paula's show exists on this planet to educate the human race and help it achieve a higher plane of thinking. That's simply not the case, as it exists only to make money.

If it does not / cannot make money, she will be let go.

Think about it like this:
Say you're a baseball player who's texting and driving and gets into a car wreck that disables your throwing arm. Is the baseball club wrong to cut the player because he's no longer useful to the team? Should they keep him on regardless because "everyone texts and drives now and then"? No.

You folks have to approach this situation logically from a cold, hard business perspective.

Don't judge Paula's character, judge her profitability.

Last edited:
How stupid we all look because of the gestapo PC police in this country.
A persons long and successful career ended because she admitted to using a racial slur years ago, and even saying afterwords that she hasn't in a long time - doesn't matter - your history, go bury yourself.
If anything we should all stop buying the products that dropped her - including Food Network - for THEIR intolerance.

Oh her career's not "over". Not by a long shot.
On the contrary it probably is ready to soar after all this.

This is what we buy as "news" -- drama and gossip and scandal. Deen is now a household word. You can't buy this kind of exposure.
It isn't real "news" of course, but as long as the unwashed pay this kind of attention to it, Paula Deen will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Horse shit. She was being extorted by some vindictive and money hungry former employee and was honest in a deposition which is what people are supposed to do.

Never said that wasn't the case, but unfortunately she did admit to using racial slurs at some point in past, which was her decision ultimately (with regards to both using & admitting)..

Telling the truth might be the "right" thing to do, but sometimes it will cost you.

Is there anyone living today that at some point in their life has not used a racial slur???

be truthful, this is a blackmail story, nothing else. The sad thing is that her employer boutght into the story rather than check it out first. Deen should sue the food network.

---- on what grounds??

When will Bill Maher be fired for using insulting words, when will letterman be fired for using insulting words?

Why is it ok for comedians to use racial and sexual insults but terrible if a cooking host does it?

the double standard in this PC country sucks.

It's not a double standard.

Of course it is and to make matters worse.......she said it decades ago in private and they spout stuff today on national TV and get a pass. What about that isn't a double standard exactly?

How stupid we all look because of the gestapo PC police in this country.
A persons long and successful career ended because she admitted to using a racial slur years ago, and even saying afterwords that she hasn't in a long time - doesn't matter - your history, go bury yourself.
If anything we should all stop buying the products that dropped her - including Food Network - for THEIR intolerance.

Let me break it down as I don't believe you should be faulting the Network here; it all comes down to $'s.

As a society we've decided that publicly admitting to using racial slurs is something to be looked down upon. It's not good practice, and (in my opinion) rightfully so.

As a result of the info that came out recently, Paula's show (moving forward) would have now garnered less ratings and ultimately less advertising $'s. Brands don't want to be associated with controversy, period. They don't need it. So...

To keep Paula would mean to lose money, and therefore she was dropped. Can't fault the Network there.

The lady is a public figure, and public figures need to avoid (a) using and/or (b) admitting to using racial slurs. It's a fact of life. Not sure why people are so baffled over this....

So you're of the opinion that Paula's show attracts east and west coast elitists who get their panties in a bunch over politically incorrect words uttered decades ago in different palce and time? It's much ado about nothing.

Some of you are acting like Paula's show exists on this planet to educate the human race and help it achieve a higher plane of thinking. That's simply not the case, as it exists only to make money.

If it does not / cannot make money, she will be let go.

Think about it like this:
Say you're a baseball player who's texting and driving and gets into a car wreck that disables your throwing arm. Is the baseball club wrong to cut the player because he's no longer useful to the team? Should they keep him on regardless because "everyone texts and drives now and then"? No.

You folks have to approach this situation logically from a cold, hard business perspective.

Don't judge Paula's character, judge her profitability.

Precisely.

I'm waiting to see if there will be a recall election for this Harvard educated moron. I'm betting he gets a pass.

A Democratic lawmaker from Minnesota criticized Tuesday’s Supreme Court decision on the Voting Rights Act by calling Justice Clarence Thomas “Uncle Thomas,” then saying he didn’t know “Uncle Tom” was a racist epithet.

On his Twitter account Tuesday, state Rep. Ryan Winkler called the justices’ 5-4 ruling striking down a part of the law racist, and the work of “four accomplices to race discrimination and one Uncle Thomas.” Justice Thomas, who is black, was one of the five justices in the majority.

That tweet was quickly deleted, and Mr. Winkler, who is white and represents some upper middle class suburbs west-southwest of Minneapolis, offered a conditional-tense quasi-apology in subsequent tweets.

He said he “didn’t think it was offensive to suggest that Justice Thomas should be even more concerned about racial discrimination than colleagues. But if such a suggestion is offensive, I apologize.”

However Mr. Winkler, whose website says he has an undergraduate history degree from Harvard and a law degree from the University of Minnesota, seemed to dig the hole deeper in a subsequent tweet, in which he said the racism of the term “Uncle Tom” was disputed and unknown to him.........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Democratic lawmaker hits justice as 'Uncle Thomas' - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

If Paula was black she would still have her job an sponsors would be lining for her to hype their products. We all know that racism is alive and well in the USA, its just been turned around from what it used to be in order to "get even".

Forum List

Back