Abortion Is Finally Illegal -- And I Can't Wait To Sue

There is no functional heart to beat at six weeks. There is no sound of the heart beating as it pumps blood throughout the body at 6 weeks. The Heartbeat laws are based on pseudo science.

"Rather, at six weeks of pregnancy, an ultrasound can detect "a little flutter in the area that will become the future heart of the baby," said Dr. Saima Aftab, medical director of the Fetal Care Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami. This flutter happens because the group of cells that will become the future "pacemaker" of the heart gain the capacity to fire electrical signals, she said."

But the heart is far from fully formed at this stage, and the "beat" isn't audible; if doctors put a stethoscope up to a woman's belly this early on in her pregnancy, they would not hear a heartbeat, Aftab told Live Science."

I agree, it's not just goo though.

Electrical activity, 10 fingers and toes, eyes, sounds like life to me.

Women can still get abortions. They just might have to travel.

Not exactly. They chose not to stay the law. It can still be challenged by plaintiffs seeking relief. The case just has to make its way through the courts first.

My point is this isn't over. Someone may bring a case and that could backfire on them. I doubt this court will do what the other court did. They will base their decision on when does a human life begin and is that human life a specific person. Not when does a soul enter the body which was always a red herring to allow roe v wade to stand.

This will come back to the states as it should have.

No. The court refused to issue an emergency stay.
Now, if this law is appealed to the USSC, the USSC hears the case, and upholds it, then yes -- the court signed off on it.
But not until.

Thanks for clarifying. I was misinformated.

Women can still get abortions. They just might have to travel.
Right. The major impact will be on poor minorities. Which means more poor brown kids in Texas! Curious why the racists are getting behind this.

Nope. I'm just making a point. If the mother's mental health is allowed as an exemption to the law - you can bet it will used.

Once again, the barrier is evidentiary proof of her mental illness.

The burden of proof lies with the person asserting mental illness.

If her mental state will cause her to harm herself, then one can surmise she will harm the child.

If that is the case, she can be forced to have the child or forced to have an abortion.

Quite the quandary, isn't it?

Right. The major impact will be on poor minorities. Which means more poor brown kids in Texas! Curious why the racists are getting behind this.
If they can afford the price of an abortion then the extra $50 for a bus ticket shouldn't be a problem.

Electrical activity, 10 fingers and toes, eyes, sounds like life to me.

There is no heart beat. The embryo is not viable at 6 weeks. The court has struck down several similar so called Heart Beat laws. To punt over the new civil enforcement shuffle Texas is trying is unconscionable for our High Court. Allowing the civil mechanism to be applied will set a very dangerous precedent for both sides of the isle.

If they can afford the price of an abortion then the extra $50 for a bus ticket shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe.

Just on pure pragmatism, the law is kind of a mess anyway. Enforcement will be a problematic, and will mostly be a matter of people looking to fuck over someone by ratting them out.

There is no heart beat. The embryo is not viable at 6 weeks. The court has struck down several similar so called Heart Beat laws. To punt over the new civil enforcement shuffle Texas is trying is unconscionable for our High Court. Allowing the civil mechanism to be applied will set a very dangerous precedent for both sides of the isle.
If you're right, the court will strike the law.
Working as intended.

Maybe.

Just on pure pragmatism, the law is kind of a mess anyway. Enforcement will be a problematic, and will mostly be a matter of people looking to fuck over someone by ratting them out.
Yeah, I think the law was over the top.

You really gotta stop doing that.

The whole idea of being pro-life here is that we don't discriminate against what race life has to be in order to be classified as life.

Unlike these Moon Bats I don't want to kill and child regardless of race. However, if these welfare queens want to get sterilized then that is fine with me.

If you're right, the court will strike the law.
Working as intended.

It's absurd. Passing a law that punishes people for doing lawful things. Driving someone in a car. Loaning someone money. Providing legal medical services. These are not activities that Americans should be sued for.

There you go. Wear your ugly on your sleeve. So we can all see.

Racist piece of shit.

The peices of shit are you filthy ass Moon Bats that justify killing hundreds of innocent children each year for the sake of convenience. By the way, speaking of racism, most of them are Black.
Nice recovery.

I would never support involuntary sterilization but if the welfare queens want it as a form of birth control then it is fine with me my tax money is used.

No one is arguing viability, so why are you?

The peices of shit are you filthy ass Moon Bats that justify killing hundreds of innocent children each year for the sake of convenience. By the way, speaking of racism, most of them are Black.

I would never support involuntary sterilization but if the welfare queens want it as a form of birth control then it is fine with me my tax money is used.

Nah.. it's you. You're a self-proclaimed repugnant low-life. But look on the bright said. More minority kids will give you more people to look down on. But when they get older, they'll vote. :omg:

Sec. 171.205. EXCEPTION FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCY

I challenge anyone to find a Section which says Exception for Rape or Exception for Incest.

There simply isn't one.
Sec. 171.012 (5). VOLUNTARY AND INFORMED CONSENT.

(5) before receiving a sonogram under Subdivision (4)(A) and before the abortion is performed and before any sedative or anesthesia is administered, the pregnant woman completes and certifies with her signature an election form that states as follows:

"ABORTION AND SONOGRAM ELECTION

(1) THE INFORMATION AND PRINTED MATERIALS DESCRIBED BY SECTIONS 171.012(a)(1)-(3), TEXAS HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE, HAVE BEEN PROVIDED AND EXPLAINED TO ME.

(2) I UNDERSTAND THE NATURE AND CONSEQUENCES OF AN ABORTION.

(3) TEXAS LAW REQUIRES THAT I RECEIVE A SONOGRAM PRIOR TO RECEIVING AN ABORTION.

(4) I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE THE OPTION TO VIEW THE SONOGRAM IMAGES.

(5) I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE THE OPTION TO HEAR THE HEARTBEAT.

(6) I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM REQUIRED BY LAW TO HEAR AN EXPLANATION OF THE SONOGRAM IMAGES UNLESS I CERTIFY IN WRITING TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

___ I AM PREGNANT AS A RESULT OF A SEXUAL ASSAULT, INCEST, OR OTHER VIOLATION OF THE TEXAS PENAL CODE THAT HAS BEEN REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES OR THAT HAS NOT BEEN REPORTED BECAUSE I REASONABLY BELIEVE THAT DOING SO WOULD PUT ME AT RISK OF RETALIATION RESULTING IN SERIOUS BODILY INJURY.

___ I AM A MINOR AND OBTAINING AN ABORTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH JUDICIAL BYPASS PROCEDURES UNDER CHAPTER 33, TEXAS FAMILY CODE.

___ MY UNBORN CHILD HAS AN IRREVERSIBLE MEDICAL CONDITION OR ABNORMALITY, AS IDENTIFIED BY RELIABLE DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES AND DOCUMENTED IN MY MEDICAL FILE.

(7) I AM MAKING THIS ELECTION OF MY OWN FREE WILL AND WITHOUT COERCION.

(8) FOR A WOMAN WHO LIVES 100 MILES OR MORE FROM THE NEAREST ABORTION PROVIDER THAT IS A FACILITY LICENSED UNDER CHAPTER 245, TEXAS HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE, OR A FACILITY THAT PERFORMS MORE THAN 50 ABORTIONS IN ANY 12-MONTH PERIOD ONLY:

I CERTIFY THAT, BECAUSE I CURRENTLY LIVE 100 MILES OR MORE FROM THE NEAREST ABORTION PROVIDER THAT IS A FACILITY LICENSED UNDER CHAPTER 245 OR A FACILITY THAT PERFORMS MORE THAN 50 ABORTIONS IN ANY 12-MONTH PERIOD, I WAIVE THE REQUIREMENT TO WAIT 24 HOURS AFTER THE SONOGRAM IS PERFORMED BEFORE RECEIVING THE ABORTION PROCEDURE. MY PLACE OF RESIDENCE IS:__________.

Forum List

Back