Are Trump supporters actually dumb enough to think he would have confronted the FL shooter unarmed?

Trump is actually claiming he would have confronted the Florida shooter unarmed.
I realize intellectual honesty is frowned upon in partisan politics, but he did not say he would have "confronted" the FL shooter unarmed. I doubt that he would have run in, but just for the sake of honesty, for a change, but here's what he actually said:

"Y'know, I really believe - you don't know until you're tested - but I really think I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon. And I think most of the people would have done that too. Because I know most of you".

Is there some kind of oath that partisan ideologues take that says they'll lie at every opportunity?

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Can't you be honest and "win" at the same time?
He didn't say it 100%, but it still goes against everything he has done in his life.

And it's certainly not a fact that he "knows" those people.

Trump is actually claiming he would have confronted the Florida shooter unarmed.
I realize intellectual honesty is frowned upon in partisan politics, but he did not say he would have "confronted" the FL shooter unarmed. I doubt that he would have run in, but just for the sake of honesty, for a change, but here's what he actually said:

"Y'know, I really believe - you don't know until you're tested - but I really think I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon. And I think most of the people would have done that too. Because I know most of you".

Is there some kind of oath that partisan ideologues take that says they'll lie at every opportunity?

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Can't you be honest and "win" at the same time?
He didn't say it 100%, but it still goes against everything he has done in his life.

And it's certainly not a fact that he "knows" those people.
Just pointing out the actual facts. For a change.

As I said, I realize honesty is no longer a priority.

Watch Sarah Sanders flounder after CNN’s Acosta asked if Trump thinks he could have ‘saved the day’ in Parkland
During Monday’s White House press briefing, CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta wondered aloud if President Donald Trump’s announcement that he “believes” he would have ran into the Parkland school during the February 14 mass shooting meant he considers himself a theoretical hero.

Just another Trump fantasy that NaziCons are trying to rationalize.

Watch Sarah Sanders flounder after CNN’s Acosta asked if Trump thinks he could have ‘saved the day’ in Parkland
During Monday’s White House press briefing, CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta wondered aloud if President Donald Trump’s announcement that he “believes” he would have ran into the Parkland school during the February 14 mass shooting meant he considers himself a theoretical hero.

You are such a fuckinghater! Oh and did I mention idiot?

LOL, I doubt The Teflon Donny would want to list "doing business with the Mafia" on his resume as one of his "Acts of Bravery".

You'd piss yourself if one of Gotti's captains glanced at you.....hell, I bet Sassy scares the bejeebers outta ya. Trump Tower was built on an old mob strip bar property and he did the deal with two capos.....that ain't for the weak-kneed.

You can't prove Trump wouldn't, tissue?

I believe him. He surely would have done more than the 'Resource Officer' Scot Peterson did. What's the point of having a Police Officer permanently stationed at a school, if he or she runs and hides when the kids need them most? Our Government Schools are such a sad nightmare at this point.

No he wouldn't have, hell he wouldn't have even responded to the call! Bone Spurs you know.

You can't prove Trump wouldn't, tissue?

Well, we have his "bone spur" history...

You know, running towards an active shooter is NOT a natural act. Neither is running into a burning building, because people are scared of large fires.

Me? I learned how to run into a burning building when I joined the Inport and At Sea fire party. First, they would run us through a lot of dry runs, and then, when they thought we were ready, they sent us to train with the base firefighters in a mock up building that caught on fire. We learned how to deal with it via repeated exposure to it.

Same thing with running towards an active shooter. I was a member of the Security Force at Newport RI, and we trained one week a month, with a couple of days being used for range training where we shot 150 to 200 rounds per training cycle. We got to the point where doing things like that was automatic, almost to the point of being reflex.

Running towards danger isn't a natural act, but in the military, they train the fear out of you.

I don't think Trump would have the fortitude to do anything.

Agreed, nor would most untrained people. Especially unarmed.

Trump is actually claiming he would have confronted the Florida shooter unarmed. Are his supporters actually stupid enough to buy this? Probably so. Afterall, they thought it was brave he tried so hard to avoid Vietnam.

Trump claims he would have 'run in' and confronted the Parkland shooter 'even if I didn't have a weapon'

Question asked, questioned answered.. he's free to his opinion and anyway he pleases, it's a free country.

I probably would have answered the same way, one less old guy and many promising young lives protected, who wouldn't, it's the perfect answer regardless of liberalisms obvious natural cowardice and whiny hate mongering tendencies as evidenced in this thread..

Last edited:
Trump is actually claiming he would have confronted the Florida shooter unarmed. Are his supporters actually stupid enough to buy this? Probably so. Afterall, they thought it was brave he tried so hard to avoid Vietnam.

Trump claims he would have 'run in' and confronted the Parkland shooter 'even if I didn't have a weapon'

Ahem... what Trump ACTUALLY said was:
"You don’t know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I would have run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon and I think most of the people in this room would have done that too."

Which IMHO isn't an unreasonable assertion on his part.:dunno:

Uh, yeah it is.

Thank you for your completely impartial opinion.....

... next up in the completely unbiased opinions file; the Pope claims that Catholicism is the best religion ever.

I don't think the default position of a 71 year old man who as far as we know has never faced a potentially fatal physical confrontation in his life is going to run into a high school unarmed to take down an active shooter. Yeah, it's an unreasonable assertion (your word).

Apparently you didn't get the hint; biased partisan opinions don't enter into the equation when objectively evaluating whether or not what President Twitter said was reasonable.

"Thank you for your visit" -- Saladin, Kingdom of Heaven

Question asked, questioned answered.. he's free to his opinion and anyway he pleases, it's a free country.

I probably would have answered the same way, one less old guy and many promising young lives protected, who wouldn't, it's the perfect answer regardless of liberalisms obvious natural cowardice and whiny hate mongering tendencies as evidenced in this thread..

of course you would have answered the same way, lumpy.

you're full of shit too

Ahem... what Trump ACTUALLY said was:
"You don’t know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I would have run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon and I think most of the people in this room would have done that too."

Which IMHO isn't an unreasonable assertion on his part.:dunno:

Uh, yeah it is.

Thank you for your completely impartial opinion.....

... next up in the completely unbiased opinions file; the Pope claims that Catholicism is the best religion ever.

I don't think the default position of a 71 year old man who as far as we know has never faced a potentially fatal physical confrontation in his life is going to run into a high school unarmed to take down an active shooter. Yeah, it's an unreasonable assertion (your word).

Apparently you didn't get the hint; biased partisan opinions don't enter into the equation when objectively evaluating whether or not what President Twitter said was reasonable.

"Thank you for your visit" -- Saladin, Kingdom of Heaven

Literally everyone on this board is biased in some sort. What you really mean is someone who has a negative opinion of Trump need not apply, which is actually biased on your part.

Trump is a real man unlike those liberal pussies that ran away

Democrats politically control Broward county including local law enforcement = total failure .. they don't even have the guts to take responsibility for their failures.

Yup, loud mouth natural pussies says it all...

Forum List

Back