are you smoker or not?

I am

• Total voters
I’ve smoked a lot of cigars, and the CAO Brazilia is the best and most consistent by far in my experience

Another superb cigar often overlooked is the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte. Flavor out the wazoo.

I’ve got to try pipe smoking one of these days

Pipes are another thing. Finding a good pipe, breaking it in, learning which tobaccos suit you, learning how to properly pack and light the bowl, can take years! I have many books on their use. But if you are willing to take the time to study, experiment and learn, pipes can offer a smoking experience wider and even more satisfying than good cigars.

P1010031.JPG

Another superb cigar often overlooked is the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte. Flavor out the wazoo.

Pipes are another thing. Finding a good pipe, breaking it in, learning which tobaccos suit you, learning how to properly pack and light the bowl, can take years! I have many books on their use. But if you are willing to take the time to study, experiment and learn, pipes can offer a smoking experience wider and even more satisfying than good cigars.

View attachment 1009733
I’ll admit to being kind of a cigar snob, so the idea of a box of 25 for only $40 makes me a little wary. Still, I do like em strong and those look tasty

As for the pipes, I got to say part of my hesitation there is while I’ve always enjoyed the smell of cigar smoke, haven’t so much the smell of pipe smoke. Too soft or sweet smelling Idk. Can’t put my finger on it

But lots of the guys at my local cigar lounge keep pushing me to buy a pipe and give it a shot, so i might try someday.

Any pipe tobacco you’d recommend for someone who likes darker stronger even spicy maduro cigars?

I’ll admit to being kind of a cigar snob, so the idea of a box of 25 for only $40 makes me a little wary. Still, I do like em strong and those look tasty
They are. I've had cigars of every type, make and price point and I've often found little correlation between selling price and flavor. I used to buy these little cigars called Principe that were only a dollar apiece that were excellent. They are actually made by La Aurora from trimmings left over from super premium cigars.

As for the pipes, I got to say part of my hesitation there is while I’ve always enjoyed the smell of cigar smoke, haven’t so much the smell of pipe smoke. Too soft or sweet smelling Idk. Can’t put my finger on it
You are describing an aromatic tobacco. Flavorings are added for taste and aroma. Some are like candy tobacco. Some are OK, but they don't hold up well in storage.

But lots of the guys at my local cigar lounge keep pushing me to buy a pipe and give it a shot, so i might try someday.
Any pipe tobacco you’d recommend for someone who likes darker stronger even spicy maduro cigars?
Hard to say. Individual tastes vary. There are literally hundreds of pipe tobaccos. You might like:
  1. A balkan tobacco like Balkan Sasieni
  2. One of the many made by G. L. Pease
  3. Latakia tobacco
  4. Oriental tobacco.
  5. English tobacco.
  6. Captain Earles 10 Russians
  7. Gawith & Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug
  8. Gawith & Hoggarth Black Cherry Twist Unsliced
  9. Cornell & Diehl Old Joe Krantz or Black Frigate

Last edited:
I feel sorry for smokers. Not healthy in most cases (except marijuana?) and it stinks. Bad example for kids. Adults should set a good example.

I feel sorry for smokers. Not healthy in most cases (except marijuana?) and it stinks. Bad example for kids. Adults should set a good example.
Marijuana is not healthy

Cigars/pipes aren’t either, but at least you’re not inhaling it into your lungs and these smokers tend to do it more sparingly than cigarette/weed smokers

Pipes and cigars are usually not an addiction. Not unless you smoke them every day throughout the day. Most pipe and cigar smokers don't smoke them that often. I start and stop at will. They are one of the great pleasures in life.
Yeah, if ya want lung cancer like my grandfather on my father's side or a fatal heart attack like my father 11 years ago.

Yeah, if ya want lung cancer like my grandfather on my father's side or a fatal heart attack like my father 11 years ago.

I'm 67 and doing just great.

George Burns chain-smoked cigars his entire life and lived to 100 years old! You never saw the guy without a cigar! He did not die of lung disease or mouth cancer, his heart just finally gave out. I'm not telling you to smoke, it isn't for everyone, so please quit telling me what I /shouldn't/ do.

undefined

You’re talking about things you don’t understand

I’d consider myself a fairly heavy cigar smoker, and I only smoke like 4-5 a week. Most guys who smoke cigars regularly only smoke like 1-2 a week. And many more than that only on special occasions.

Its nothing at all like cigarette smoking. Especially since you don’t inhale.

Even the American Cancer Society states that they base their findings on the link between cigars and lung cancer is on smokers who smoke on average 4 a day. That’s unheard of. I’ve been smoking cigars since my late teens and I don’t think I’ve ever smoked 4 in a day. Most cigar smokers have no more chance of getting lung cancer than non smokers

Now, mouth and larynx cancer for cigar smokers is another story. But even that is most closely linked to the guys who used to chew on unlit cigars all day long, which you don’t see much anymore

Wonder how many cigarettes they forced a rat to inhale to prove their point trying to put the tobacco industry out of business?

Every study can be proven if you set up the tests to give you the desired outcomes you want.
Well big tobacco sold you those lies. Cigar smoking is as bad as cigarette smoking. Honestly if you don't heed my or the CDC's warning you will end up dead from the side effects like my grandfather on my father's side (lung cancer) or my father (heart attack) and my stepfather has COPD from Cigar/cigarette smoking.

Well big tobacco sold you those lies. Cigar smoking is as bad as cigarette smoking. Honestly if you don't heed my or the CDC's warning you will end up dead from the side effects like my grandfather on my father's side (lung cancer) or my father (heart attack) and my stepfather has COPD from Cigar/cigarette smoking.
The cigar industry isn’t a part of “big tobacco”

Cigars are 100% tobacco leaves, no paper or added chemicals

You don’t inhale cigars

Cigar smokers don’t chain smoke them

They’re not at all addictive like cigarettes. I’ve never once had to take a “cigar break” at work, or felt the need to. If a busy work schedule prevent me from enjoying one for days on end, I don’t have any negative withdrawals like cigarette smokers

The cigar industry isn’t a part of “big tobacco”

Cigars are 100% tobacco leaves, no paper or added chemicals

You don’t inhale cigars

Cigar smokers don’t chain smoke them

They’re not at all addictive like cigarettes. I’ve never once had to take a “cigar break” at work, or felt the need to. If a busy work schedule prevent me from enjoying one for days on end, I don’t have any negative withdrawals like cigarette smokers
That is what big tobacco wants you to think.

Forum List

Back