Art of the Deal: Mexican President Requests Meeting with Trump

Like I said. Hit em in the wallet and they are then willing negotiate.

Money talks.

Has it worked for the American people who are paying his tariffs?

don't want to pay tariffs? buy american products-------------that's the whole fricken point of tariffs.

One cannot buy all items just from American companies, like clothes.

But still, you will be paying more.

the point of tariffs, no matter what country imposes them, is to protect the companies in that country. Why do you think germany and Italy impose 50-100% tariffs on Harley Davidsons? does that make German and Italian buyers pay more for BMWs and Bugattis? Yes, it does, but it also keeps those companies in business. Trump is simply trying to protect US companies and you object to that because it might cost you a few dollars. Are you even thinking?

Like I said. Hit em in the wallet and they are then willing negotiate.

Money talks.

Has it worked for the American people who are paying his tariffs?

don't want to pay tariffs? buy american products-------------that's the whole fricken point of tariffs.

Not in this case. In this case they're an attempt to coerce Mexico to do what America can't.

Mexico has much more stringent immigration laws than we do, but they are not enforcing them. Thats what this is about.

You didn't see me confirm it, either. Some moron yesterday said I didn't read books. I didn't bother with a response, but then the dummy said she had proved (because I didn't answer) I don't read books. Is there some sort of remedial logic course you dummies can take?

Do you want a controlled border or not?
And when I say controlled I mean stopping the invasion of illegals pouring into our country.
It's a simple question...answer it.

We have a controlled border. Not perfect, of course, and it never will be. As long as you have a poor country next door to a rich country, and plentiful employers in the rich country willing to hire illegal immigrants, they will find a way to get here. We've known for years that the most effective way to halt illegal immigration is to police and prosecute employers, but we lack the national will. Trump could have had full funding for his "wall" over a year ago. He didn't take it. He doesn't want to solve illegal immigration - he wants to keep it alive as an issue to fire up his base. Even his current ploy is aimed at changing the subject from Mueller and presenting himself as a strongman who is going to show the brown people who the boss is.

The people Trump claims are an emergency are primarily asylum-seekers presenting themselves at manned points of entry at the border. "Invasion" is bullshit.

Really?
So why the sudden rush of asylum seekers? Whats changed in those countries?

I'm no expert on those countries. You?

I've searched for increased criminal activities in those countries and have come up dry.
You?

I took a quick glance this morning, and the most recent semi-reliable figures I found were 2016. They show murders in El Salvador peaking at 130 per 100,00 in 2015. That would equate to 13,650 murders/year in the State of Georgia (pop. 10, 520,000). The actual number in Georgia in 2017 was 701.

As I said, I'm no expert on those countries, but what does it take to make a person leave everything they know and walk 1000 miles for a chance at a better life? I've never done that. You?

And when I say controlled I mean stopping the invasion of illegals pouring into our country.

We have a controlled border. Not perfect, of course, and it never will be. As long as you have a poor country next door to a rich country, and plentiful employers in the rich country willing to hire illegal immigrants, they will find a way to get here. We've known for years that the most effective way to halt illegal immigration is to police and prosecute employers, but we lack the national will. Trump could have had full funding for his "wall" over a year ago. He didn't take it. He doesn't want to solve illegal immigration - he wants to keep it alive as an issue to fire up his base. Even his current ploy is aimed at changing the subject from Mueller and presenting himself as a strongman who is going to show the brown people who the boss is.

The people Trump claims are an emergency are primarily asylum-seekers presenting themselves at manned points of entry at the border. "Invasion" is bullshit.

Really?

I've searched for increased criminal activities in those countries and have come up dry.
You?

I took a quick glance this morning, and the most recent semi-reliable figures I found were 2016. They show murders in El Salvador peaking at 130 per 100,00 in 2015. That would equate to 13,650 murders/year in the State of Georgia (pop. 10, 520,000). The actual number in Georgia in 2017 was 701.

As I said, I'm no expert on those countries, but what does it take to make a person leave everything they know and walk 1000 miles for a chance at a better life? I've never done that. You?

we will welcome those people if they come legally, why is that so difficult to understand?

Really?

You?

we will welcome those people if they come legally, why is that so difficult to understand?

It's untrue.

Really?

You?

It's untrue.

when has anyone blocked legal immigration? Sure, we don't want criminals and terrorists and those with deadly diseases. I do not understand why you libs want to open our borders to everyone in the world with no checks on who they are. Can you explain that?

You?

It's untrue.

when has anyone blocked legal immigration? Sure, we don't want criminals and terrorists and those with deadly diseases. I do not understand why you libs want to open our borders to everyone in the world with no checks on who they are. Can you explain that?

I can explain that it is your bullshit.

Trump's proposed Mexico tariffs are aimed at making Mexico halt legal asylum seekers before they can get to our border.

Really?

You?

What good is one year of data?

Really?

You?

If I found figures for 2016, and it showed murders peaking in El Sal in 2015, that's more than one year. It didn't include years subsequent to 2016, and doesn't reflect the spike of asylum seekers starting in October 2018.

CentralAmericaCrime_v1_2018update.jpg

Central America’s Violent Northern Triangle

If you have something different, or better, I'd be happy to see you post it.

Yeah, I hear ya, what good is data?

Really?

You?

If I found figures for 2016, and it showed murders peaking in El Sal in 2015, that's more than one year. It didn't include years subsequent to 2016, and doesn't reflect the spike of asylum seekers starting in October 2018.

It appears to be on a downward trend in 16.

You?

It appears to be on a downward trend in 16.

I would have thought saying it peaked in 2015 made that obvious, but in search of brevity, I may not have been clear. I'm sure it is clear the data isn't current for years subsequent to 2016.

Forum List

Back