Atheist: Okay to Disparage Christians, But Islam Off-Limits Because of ‘Fear’

Funny because when I say THEISTS are more murderous than ATHEISTS you THEISTS always claim that us ATHEISTS are more murderous and sinister than religious people could ever be.

Are you retracting that statement now? Are you FINALLY admitting that religions are lies used to control people?

You guys claim the Crusades weren't about killing non christians. You understand that it was more about territory, defending yourselves, etc. But now you seem to admit that religion is the primary reason Islam is at war with us. Thank you! I agree. Religions are bad. Maybe yours isn't as bad but it's still a lie and used to manipulate and control the masses.

Just look at how effectively its working on you.

I don't defend Muslim Americans any more or less than I do you guys. Do I want more muslims moving to America? Fuck no. But do I think Muslim Americans want to take over the world? Not any more than you hope one day your religion converts everyone to Jesus.

Are you saying we should round up, kill, toss out, jail, spy on all Muslim Americans? Are you saying Muslim Americans are all bad?
I think you have me confused with someone else, but yes, all Muslims are bad, even American ones.
You wanted to say something stupid and now you have.
Muslims want to make the whole world sharia. Ok, now you can put your head back in the sand.
And there have been a few Christians who want to make the whole world THEIR version of sharia. The best thing to do is stay secular.
Christians aren't slicing people's heads off. Now you can resume your nap.
Now they aren't....thanks to our secular laws. But look at my signature. That quote is from a "good christian" right here on this board.

Catholics and Born agains want to make the whole world Christian. The only ones who don't try to convert are the Jews. They don't even want you in their club.
Smart people look at two similar things and see differences.
Stupid people look at two similar things and see similarities.

IMO, here again, you are looking for cheap victories which are really inane if dissected.

Christianity has been the antithesis of Islam as far as how they have treated others who do not think or believe the same. I really find your pointing out the Church's faults and making zero mention of the incalculably enormous good this religion has done for societies throughout history to be disingenuous to the extreme.

Here is a hint for you: Just because one creed's "god" may be a myth, does not mean another creed's god is a myth. Zeus and Thor are not serious players. Hinduism and other Eastern religions have not presented serious empirical evidence to support their beliefs. American Indians, as well. Islam has demonstrated that far too much evil has come from that religion, even since its inception, --- so I do not see a benevolent God allowing so much hatred, intolerance and conversion by the sword, etc.

So do not group Judaism and Christianity with all the others. I submit they have both been blessings to a lost world. No, your pagans and atheists have not. They have virtually never come to the aid of defenseless nations suffering from invading forces. Christianity has done on many occasions. Christianity stands alone despite the sinners within.

So if you want to take issue with that fine, I won't be impressed. But do not call it "religion" because we are no more responsible for the sins of Islam or Asian religions than they are for ours.
Islam has done a lot of good too. You can't be a religion without doing at least some good.

Seven admirable things about Islam - FairMormon Blog

10 Things I Wish Everyone Knew About Islam - OnFaith

Then make a point!

You cannot have it both ways.

Islam, now in the last 100 years, has not done any good when the whole rest of the world has become more civilized and tolerant of other nations and beliefs on this planet. THAT difference is glaring!

The only ones we can compare them to are diabolical despots like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. They, too, have no care for what others believe or for their well being.

Catholics and Born agains want to make the whole world Christian. The only ones who don't try to convert are the Jews. They don't even want you in their club.

IMO, here again, you are looking for cheap victories which are really inane if dissected.

Christianity has been the antithesis of Islam as far as how they have treated others who do not think or believe the same. I really find your pointing out the Church's faults and making zero mention of the incalculably enormous good this religion has done for societies throughout history to be disingenuous to the extreme.

Here is a hint for you: Just because one creed's "god" may be a myth, does not mean another creed's god is a myth. Zeus and Thor are not serious players. Hinduism and other Eastern religions have not presented serious empirical evidence to support their beliefs. American Indians, as well. Islam has demonstrated that far too much evil has come from that religion, even since its inception, --- so I do not see a benevolent God allowing so much hatred, intolerance and conversion by the sword, etc.

So do not group Judaism and Christianity with all the others. I submit they have both been blessings to a lost world. No, your pagans and atheists have not. They have virtually never come to the aid of defenseless nations suffering from invading forces. Christianity has done on many occasions. Christianity stands alone despite the sinners within.

So if you want to take issue with that fine, I won't be impressed. But do not call it "religion" because we are no more responsible for the sins of Islam or Asian religions than they are for ours.
Islam has done a lot of good too. You can't be a religion without doing at least some good.

Then make a point!

Islam, now in the last 100 years, has not done any good when the whole rest of the world has become more civilized and tolerant of other nations and beliefs on this planet. THAT difference is glaring!

The only ones we can compare them to are diabolical despots like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. They, too, have no care for what others believe or for their well being.

Yawn. The whole Hitler was an atheist lie is getting really fucking old. Does Jesus say anything about lying? How about being ignorant?

Atheism inspired Nazism/Communism/Social Darwinism.
An ad hominem deflection which demonstrates a failure to understand that atheism is simply a lack of belief in god(s), with no inherit moral, political or philosophical baggage, and thus no line can be drawn from it to the aforementioned ideologies. In the same vein, democracy could be called atheistic. See also: Association fallacy, appeal to emotion and irrelevant thesis.

Hitler was religious and publicly decried atheism. See also: Nazism and Religion,Reductio ad Hitlerum.

Stalinism and Communism exercised gosateizm (state atheism) based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. Atheism was a means to an end, not a cause. See also: Soviet Union and Religion.

Social Darwinism and Eugenics supplant actual natural selection with an unobjective personal perception of ‘fitness’. They are based on bad biology (genetic variability is actually very important for a species) and are completely independent of atheism.

Darwin observed and described evolution the same way Newton did for gravity. It was simply a discovery of a fact about the world – not an engineered philosophy on how to behave. Just as we do not blame Newton for the fact that gravity is used as a tool in the deployment of bombs, we cannot blame Darwin for individually misguided applications of ‘natural selection’.

Note: Religion inspires theocracy.

Note: ‘Survival of the Fittest‘ does not simply mean fastest, strongest, or most violent. It is a measure of an individual’s adaptation to the local environment, which can often mean demonstrating cooperation, intelligence and compassion [2]. Humans are outmatched in many ways by animals, but are successful because of their social skills and tool use.

See also: Early Critics of Eugenics were biologists, Natualistic Fallacy, Evolution and Philosophy, Talkorigins: Hitler, Stalin, Social Darwinism.

“We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.” – Adolf Hitler

priests-salute.jpg

So...you want a religious war.[/QUOTE]

Wake up, Islam has already declared war on every non Muslim.

Then make a point!

“We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.”– Adolf Hitler

"Powers cited the hidden video recordings made earlier this year by Steven Crowder, who asked Muslim bakers in Michigan if they would bake a cake for a same-sex wedding and they refused."

Wrong.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy, exhibiting ignorance of public accommodations laws and how those laws differ from state to state.

Unlike Oregon, Michigan public accommodations laws have no provision for sexual orientation, where private business owners are at liberty to discriminate against gay patrons.

Consequently, the thread premise that Muslims and Christians are being treated 'differently' fails; the Muslim business owners weren't subject to a lawsuit having nothing to do with 'fear' or 'religion' – if Muslims business owners in Oregon were to discriminate against a gay patron, they'd be just as liable for damages as a Christian owned business.
Except Muslims murder gays...

So, do you agree that this man is a member of a terrorist organization?

scottpic.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Tea Party Candidate Says It's OK To Stone Gays To Death

Is This The Craziest GOP Candidate Ever?

So...you want a religious war.

Wake up, Islam has already declared war on every non Muslim.[/QUOTE]
Show me where officially ISLAM has done that. Is there a muslim Vatican somewhere with a muslim version of the pope? Show us or stfu you white American Christian talipanzies.

Show me where officially ISLAM has done that. Is there a muslim Vatican somewhere with a muslim version of the pope? Show us or stfu you white American Christian talipanzies.[/QUOTE]
Fake story about a Koran being flushed = millions of Muslims in worldwide riots.
Real story of children being tortured to death in the name of Islamm = silent approval.

Takes a total mental retard to deny Islam is at war with the non Muslims.

You wanted to say something stupid and now you have.
Muslims want to make the whole world sharia. Ok, now you can put your head back in the sand.
Go ask 10 Muslims on the street if they'd want sharia to rule the US. You'll get 10 yesses without hesitation. Now go back to your barbies.
Go ask 10 conservative Christians if they'd like this to be a Christian nation and you'll get 10 yes'.

Of course a devout religious people would like the country to have to follow their religion. Everyone thinks their religion is the best. That's why we must stay secular. I want you to be free to practice your fairytale but I want it out of my government.

6 out of 10 Republicans are just as fucking stupid as Muslims.

57% Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion
They're not slicing people's heads off to do it. Or kidnapping and selling little girls. Or covering women with a sheet and beating them (the sheet is to hide the bruises)...
Are you saying that christians never murder? That christians never kidnap or sexually abuse little girls? (thinking the Duggars here) That christians never physically abuse their spouses, girlfriends, etc.?

Then make a point!

Yawn. The whole Hitler was an atheist lie is getting really fucking old. Does Jesus say anything about lying? How about being ignorant?

An ad hominem deflection which demonstrates a failure to understand that atheism is simply a lack of belief in god(s), with no inherit moral, political or philosophical baggage, and thus no line can be drawn from it to the aforementioned ideologies. In the same vein, democracy could be called atheistic. See also: Association fallacy, appeal to emotion and irrelevant thesis.

Hitler was religious and publicly decried atheism. See also: Nazism and Religion,Reductio ad Hitlerum.

Stalinism and Communism exercised gosateizm (state atheism) based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. Atheism was a means to an end, not a cause. See also: Soviet Union and Religion.

Social Darwinism and Eugenics supplant actual natural selection with an unobjective personal perception of ‘fitness’. They are based on bad biology (genetic variability is actually very important for a species) and are completely independent of atheism.

Darwin observed and described evolution the same way Newton did for gravity. It was simply a discovery of a fact about the world – not an engineered philosophy on how to behave. Just as we do not blame Newton for the fact that gravity is used as a tool in the deployment of bombs, we cannot blame Darwin for individually misguided applications of ‘natural selection’.

Note: ‘Survival of the Fittest‘ does not simply mean fastest, strongest, or most violent. It is a measure of an individual’s adaptation to the local environment, which can often mean demonstrating cooperation, intelligence and compassion [2]. Humans are outmatched in many ways by animals, but are successful because of their social skills and tool use.

See also: Early Critics of Eugenics were biologists, Natualistic Fallacy, Evolution and Philosophy, Talkorigins: Hitler, Stalin, Social Darwinism.

“We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.” – Adolf Hitler

priests-salute.jpg

Yeah, double yawn.

I was never indicating what Hitler was or was not. Ok? I never said he was an atheist. Are you trying to tell me he believed in Jesus Christ and the Bible and maybe was hoping to make it to heaven????

So quit diverting the subject. Or did you miss what we were talking about? We were talking about you lumping all religions into one pot and then using any of their sins or transgressions as reasons to support why another religion's teachings must be false or bad as well.

Then we were discussing Islam in particular and its good or bad to this world. Then you ran off to tell me I was all up in arms because I was saying Hitler was an atheist, which I did not. I said he was a despot.

Show me where officially ISLAM has done that. Is there a muslim Vatican somewhere with a muslim version of the pope? Show us or stfu you white American Christian talipanzies.
Fake story about a Koran being flushed = millions of Muslims in worldwide riots.
Real story of children being tortured to death in the name of Islamm = silent approval.

Takes a total mental retard to deny Islam is at war with the non Muslims.[/QUOTE]
So you got nuthin.

Takes a total mental retard to deny Islam is at war with the non Muslims.[/QUOTE]
Takes a mental midget to not see how similar Islam's history is to Christianities. Only they are about 1600 years behind you guys. Glad to see you guys eventually came around and chilled out but do we have time to wait for Muslims? I think they are ignorant and evil too. The only difference between us is I thin you are too.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

Then make a point!

The only reason we give a damn about the MIddle East is oil. We use up all their oil, we can tell them to go take a flying leap.

Takes a mental midget to not see how similar Islam's history is to Christianities. Only they are about 1600 years behind you guys. Glad to see you guys eventually came around and chilled out but do we have time to wait for Muslims? I think they are ignorant and evil too. The only difference between us is I thin you are too.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts[/QUOTE]

The 160 million murdered by their own atheist communist governments in the past century would like to know when atheism will start acting civilized.

Islam will evolve and modernize just like Christianity did.

Jocelyne's research focuses on religion and international politics, Islam and globalization, Islam and secularism, immigration and religious pluralism. Her new book, The Awakening of Muslim Democracy: Religion, Modernity, and the State, published by Cambridge University Press in 2014, is based on three years of research on state-Islam relations in Egypt, Turkey, Iraq, Pakistan, and Tunisia.

the title of her recent book also, Why the West Fears Islam: An Exploration of Islam in Liberal Democracies, published in 2013.

That is, are we at war with Islam? Or perhaps, to turn it around, is Islam at war with us?

Having studied extensively the situation of Muslims in Western Europe, I can tell you that the discourse of intolerance is on both sides, on the side of Muslims and on the side of non-Muslims that feel threatened and fear the expansion of this religion in what they consider the cradle of liberal democratic secular values. So I think we have to be aware that the fear is mutual.

You guys lack empathy. So do they. Another thing you two have in common.

Are We At War With Islam?

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

The 160 million murdered by their own atheist communist governments in the past century would like to know when atheism will start acting civilized.[/QUOTE]
Militant atheists are just as bad as religious ones.
No, they’re not. There are no calls for slavery, rape or murder in the atheist holy book.

Atheists are most often called ‘militant’ when they passionately defend reason and advocate critical thinking. The bar theists set for perceived hostility appears to be any atheist simply voicing an opinion in dissent of religious belief. In contrast, the bar atheists set for perceived theistic hostility is any form of religiously motivated violence or oppression.

Atheism does not preclude someone from being argumentative or insensitive; those things are simply seen as being preferable to killing one another over an imaginary friend.

A ‘militant’ atheist will debate in a University theatre or appeal for the separation of religion and government. A militant theist will kill doctors, stone women to death,incite religious war, restrict sexual and gender equality and convince children they areflawed and worthless – all under the instruction of their imagined ‘god’ or holy book.

It can be argued that there is no such thing as a ‘militant’ atheist, that the term is itself a misnomer, because there is simply no ideology or philosophy in atheism to be militant about. If an atheist is someone who lacks belief in gods, then a ‘militant’ atheist is apparently someone who passionately lacks a belief in gods. All other possible beliefs and ideologies – including any desire to oppress theism – come from outside atheism. This is in contrast to religious belief, which often includes a set of laws and commandments purportedly derived from a supernatural source about which one can be ‘militant’.

Note: ‘Militant’ atheism is most often confused with gosateizm (state atheism), which was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. It was this ideology which was responsible for the oppression and murder of theists under several 20th century communist regimes. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods with no inherit moral, political or philosophical baggage.

See also: The Ethics of Belief (a must read), Richard Dawkins on Militant Atheism,Christian Terrorism, Islamic Terrorism, Atheist Terrorism (no link found).

“I’m sorry if my insensitivity towards your beliefs offends you. But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia and rejection of science and reason offend me. So I guess we’re even.” – Anonymous

unholy_trinity3.jpg

>> Takes a mental midget to not see how similar Islam's history is to Christianities. Only they are about 1600 years behind you guys. Glad to see you guys eventually came around and chilled out but do we have time to wait for Muslims?<<

Are you for real?? Speaking of mental midgets. That kind of reasoning is about as ignorant or stupid or agenda driven as one can be. As though the whole world was not far less civilized in the middle ages or dark ages. As though your monarchies and fiefdoms and pagan tribes and godless people were all so much more civilized and kindly to their neighbors than the Christians of those times!!! What are you, brainless???

It is not a matter of Islam 600 years behind Christianity because it was begun 600 years later. No. It is a matter that the whole world became more civilized and benevolent to its neighbors (save for the despots I already noted) except for Islam!!! That is because Islam has a serious flaw, or possibly a diabolic element, in its nature. You, being a sad atheist, would not understand.

Islam will evolve and modernize just like Christianity did.

Jocelyne's research focuses on religion and international politics, Islam and globalization, Islam and secularism, immigration and religious pluralism. Her new book, The Awakening of Muslim Democracy: Religion, Modernity, and the State, published by Cambridge University Press in 2014, is based on three years of research on state-Islam relations in Egypt, Turkey, Iraq, Pakistan, and Tunisia.

the title of her recent book also, Why the West Fears Islam: An Exploration of Islam in Liberal Democracies, published in 2013.

That is, are we at war with Islam? Or perhaps, to turn it around, is Islam at war with us?

Having studied extensively the situation of Muslims in Western Europe, I can tell you that the discourse of intolerance is on both sides, on the side of Muslims and on the side of non-Muslims that feel threatened and fear the expansion of this religion in what they consider the cradle of liberal democratic secular values. So I think we have to be aware that the fear is mutual.

You guys lack empathy. So do they. Another thing you two have in common.

Are We At War With Islam?

Sure it will. Naive. Naive. Naive.
9-11-01 exceeded all the deaths of the Inquisition.

The 160 million murdered by their own atheist communist governments in the past century would like to know when atheism will start acting civilized.[/QUOTE]

priests-salute.jpg

Forum List

Back