Biden on Gun Control

You whine about the constitution until you agree with the trashing, huh?
You disingenuous moonbats make me sick

Common sense regulation won't effect my gun ownership or use or the ownership and use of any law abiding sane person. I can understand you crazy militia types, with all your conspiracy theory fears being concerned.
We lived for a few years under an assault weapon ban with no ill effects. Assault weapon ownership is like an opioid addiction using the weapons as the opioid of false security. None can defend the need in a civilian society.

Nobody can justify the need for an assault weapon. The best they can do is claim they fear some imagenary conspiracy theory enemy might attack them.
Its a constitutional and natural right.
Why do you hate freedom? I wish all you statists were born in another country ibstead of trying to ruin this one.

Using your logic fully automatic weapons would be available and on the shelves at any gun shop. Is that the type of infringement you are talking about? Should fully automatic weapons be on the shelves and available at any gun shop?
Fuck yes

Nobody can justify the need for an assault weapon. The best they can do is claim they fear some imagenary conspiracy theory enemy might attack them.
They shouldn't have to justify it anymore than you should have to justify free speech because you pretend the president is a threat to your freedom

Should they have to justify the ownership or use of fully automatic weapons? They are arms protected by the constitution too aren't they?

Should they have to justify the ownership or use of fully automatic weapons? They are arms protected by the constitution too aren't they?
What does this have to do with your common sense approach no matter what my answer is?...My whole point of the question is I do not believe you take a common sense approach to anything short of gun control never mind across the board because the common sense answer to what the quote says flies in the face of gun control.

I would put it to a vote of the people with our right to free speech and freedom of the press attached all on the same ballot and see how that went...how would you vote?...I would vote to keep all legal...you?

You'll find I am pro-common sense across the board. I generally don't agree with all the conspiracy theory crap though.
so using common sense what does this phrase "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."...mean coming from the vantage point of common sense.

Let me know when you find it because I cant.

How do you feel about regulation of fully automatic weapons? Aren't they firearms protected from infringment by the constitution too?

How do you feel about regulation of fully automatic weapons?

Fully automatic?

Special license to own.

Semiauto?

no

You'll find I am pro-common sense across the board. I generally don't agree with all the conspiracy theory crap though.
so using common sense what does this phrase "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."...mean coming from the vantage point of common sense.
I honestly don't understand what all this talk is of putting Biden or Beto in charge of our guns!

The obvious man to put in charge is Mike Bloomberg.

View attachment 310046

I wouldn't put Bloomberg in charge of a dairy bar.

The Supreme Court already said regulation is not the same as infringement.
That is because a regulation is not a law [and it does not mean that regulation is allowed, just that the two are independent of one another in this case] but I would have to see the actual ruling of the court for a complete understanding before replying to this...regardless, that is a legal answer, you did not take a common sense approach to answering the question but instead decided to punt...give your common sense answer to the constitutional quote,"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". ...what does it mean from a common sense view point.

From the common sense view point, It means that all arms hold equal status in the constitution. Everything from a BB gun to a fully auto 50 cal. If regulation of one type gun is constitutional, there is nothing in the constitution to say regulation of another type is not. Yes or no, ---- is it constitutionally acceptable for us to highly regulate the ownership, transport, and usage of a fully automatic 50 cal rifle? If so, then it is constitutionally acceptable to regulate all other arms the same way. I am not advocating regulation as stringent as required for a fully automatic 50 cal, but there is nothing in the constitution to prevent it.

Common sense regulation won't effect my gun ownership or use or the ownership and use of any law abiding sane person. I can understand you crazy militia types, with all your conspiracy theory fears being concerned.
We lived for a few years under an assault weapon ban with no ill effects. Assault weapon ownership is like an opioid addiction using the weapons as the opioid of false security. None can defend the need in a civilian society.

Its a constitutional and natural right.
Why do you hate freedom? I wish all you statists were born in another country ibstead of trying to ruin this one.

Using your logic fully automatic weapons would be available and on the shelves at any gun shop. Is that the type of infringement you are talking about? Should fully automatic weapons be on the shelves and available at any gun shop?
Fuck yes

The supreme court and the NRA disagree with you.

Joe Biden promises to put Beto O'Rourke in charge of gun control efforts

"Joe Biden promises to put Beto O'Rourke in charge of gun control efforts"

That's sure to win him the votes of thousands of gun owners.

Right?

Doesn't sound bad to this gun owner.

You have laws already that the Federal, State and Local agencies refuse to use, so why give you more when LEO will just never enforce them?

Two instances in Florida where LEO failed it duty to enforce laws they had already, so tell us Bully, which new regulations will lower firearm deaths and if they fail to do so what will be your excuse?

What does this have to do with your common sense approach no matter what my answer is?...My whole point of the question is I do not believe you take a common sense approach to anything short of gun control never mind across the board because the common sense answer to what the quote says flies in the face of gun control.

No more than it flies in the face of regulting fully auto weapons. As a common sense goal, and to not be hypocritical, do you want fully automatic weapons deregulated?

I would put it to a vote of the people with our right to free speech and freedom of the press attached all on the same ballot and see how that went...how would you vote?...I would vote to keep all legal...you?

What an absurd question.

What an absurd question.

Is it?

If you had the choice to repeal the second Amendment would you?

How do you feel about regulation of fully automatic weapons? Aren't they firearms protected from infringment by the constitution too?

Fully automatic?

Special license to own.

Semiauto?

no

Where, in the constitution, do you see justification for the difference? They are all the same in the constitution.

From the common sense view point, It means that all arms hold equal status in the constitution. Everything from a BB gun to a fully auto 50 cal. If regulation of one type gun is constitutional, there is nothing in the constitution to say regulation of another type is not. Yes or no, ---- is it constitutionally acceptable for us to highly regulate the ownership, transport, and usage of a fully automatic 50 cal rifle? If so, then it is constitutionally acceptable to regulate all other arms the same way. I am not advocating regulation as stringent as required for a fully automatic 50 cal, but there is nothing in the constitution to prevent it.
And this proves that gun control is about taking away our right to bear arms
Yes or no, ---- is it constitutionally acceptable for us to highly regulate the ownership, transport, and usage of a fully automatic 50 cal rifle? If so, then it is constitutionally acceptable to regulate all other arms the same way
Constitutionally speaking NO, and if the answer is yes then common sense tells us that there is no such thing as the right to bear arms for all the reasons you cited above...and the fact that gun control advocates are trying to regulate all weapons tells us from a common sense standpoint that the "50 cal" argument is the springboard for taking away our right to beat arms.

Fully automatic?

Special license to own.

Semiauto?

no

Where, in the constitution, do you see justification for the difference? They are all the same in the constitution.

Where, in the constitution, do you see justification for the difference?

Illegal to yell 'Fire' in a theater, same reason hate speech is actionable.

Sawed off shotguns are illegal.

Fully automatic weapons need special licenses.

I have no problem with reasonable restrictions.

Banning AK 47s, AR 15s, magazines over 10 rounds?

NOT reasonable

Right?

You have laws already that the Federal, State and Local agencies refuse to use, so why give you more when LEO will just never enforce them?

Two instances in Florida where LEO failed it duty to enforce laws they had already, so tell us Bully, which new regulations will lower firearm deaths and if they fail to do so what will be your excuse?

Laws against drunk driving don't stop drunk drivers killing people, but they are still worth while.

What an absurd question.

Is it?

If you had the choice to repeal the second Amendment would you?

No

Right?

Laws against drunk driving don't stop drunk drivers killing people, but they are still worth while.

We already have laws regulating who can and can not buy firearms, so how many more do you need before you realize LEO will never enforce those laws?

Forum List

Back