Black History Month

The greatest contribution of blacks by far was the Civil Rights movement

While we have asshole conservatives screaming about their "Second Amendment Remedies" to any perceived slight, blacks showed how to conduct a revolution without firing a shot.

It involved great courage and great resolve to use passive resistance, a free media and the federal court system to bring about a revolution.

Those involved in the Civil Rights struggle were REAL American Patriots risking their lives to fight for freedom

A larger percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Bill than Democrats did. Don't bother, I've heard all that crap about the "southern strategy" and you'll only waste your time and look like a fool when I get done with you.

What does that have to do with this thread or what I posted?

While we have asshole conservatives screaming about their "Second Amendment Remidies" to any perceived slight, blacks showed how to conduct a revolution without firing a shot.

It involved great courage and great resolve to use passive resistance, a free media and the federal court system to bring about a revolution.

Those involved in the Civil Rights struggle were REAL American Patriots risking their lives to fight for freedom

Interesting. My parents and grandparents were active in the Civil Rights movement, and they took me along with them on quite a few trips down south from California during those days, as they felt that the "educational value" of me being there was important.

When the movement reached its peak and laws changed, they were elated, but years later they expressed great disappointment in the outcome because instead of bringing about continued unity and progress they felt that it put progress towards self reliance on hold.

You should be proud of your parents and grandparents

There was a lot of idealism during the Civil Rights movement. There was an idea that if we removed the barriers of racism that we would all get along and equality would flourish. While blacks still have a long way to go towards economic and social equality and it can be argued that blacks have contributed to their lack of progress....you cannot deny there has been progress

There has been an emergence of blacks in the middle class, many, many more blacks in positions of responsibility. More access to education and employment

Couldn't have happened without the Civil Rights movement

Of course I am proud of them for having the courage to walk into an uncivilized and hostile environment and standing up for what should have been their rights as citizens of this country.

I would agree that while there has been progress, there has not been enough, and there are some within the black population who have done more to move backwards than forward. The single most crippling issue has been a lack of focus on economic self empowerment and self reliance due to non support of and non development of black owned businesses within predominately black communities.

While we have asshole conservatives screaming about their "Second Amendment Remedies" to any perceived slight, blacks showed how to conduct a revolution without firing a shot.

A larger percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Bill than Democrats did. Don't bother, I've heard all that crap about the "southern strategy" and you'll only waste your time and look like a fool when I get done with you.

I believe he was trying to impress by showing how clever he is.

I guess he was trying to remind us that Republicans once held respectable positions on social issues

When you think you're ready, have at it.

From what I can see, nothing. I did not get the impression that you are concerned with "who signed the bill", but were making a point about who participated in the movement.

That's because they were Liberal Republicans and Liberal Democrats who voted for the Civil Rights Act. Conservative Democrats as well as conservative Republicans disagreed with them and voted against the Civil Rights Act.

What about it? I stand by what I said, Anthony Johnson, the freed by law former slave, was the father of slavery as practiced in the American south and his black slave was the first negro to be a slave for life as he was orderd to be enslsved for life not as a sentence for a crime like Punch was, but just because he was a negro. Try actually reading the history of John Punch, his being ordered a slave for life was a SENTENCE for the crime of running away dumbass. (you may want to look up the word sentence here, as you seem ignorant of it's meaning) He, along with two other white indentured servents, which is what Punch was prior to committing his crime, an indentured negro, ran from their lawful owner which was against the law. The two whites recieved the punishment of more years added to their indenture, Punch's punishment was a life sentence. See even back then we had disparity in sentencing, lol. If Punch would not have broken the law and ran, he would have been freed, as the law demanded, after a set period of indenture, just like ALL the other blacks were at that time. Just another criminal negro.

Yeah keep standing by being wrong. Slavery as practiced in the South was White master Black slave. What you fail to realize is that Casor ruling was in a county. There were PLENTY of slaves for life before that. try reading those links and learn.

No, slavery as practiced in the South was being a slave for life. In the 1830 Federal Census 3,777 free black heads of household were counted who had slaves living with them and free negroes in Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia and South Carolina, just in these four states, owned more than 10,000 slaves. About 8% of all negroes in the South at the time where free negroes, meaning about 2 percent of southern free blacks owned slaves. In South Carolina alone 454 negro masters owned 2,357 slaves, again according to the census, so only about 20% of white households there owned slaves, but approximately 75 percent of the free black heads of household in the state owned slaves, meaning per capita negroes where bigger slave owners than whites in that State at least. Did you actually read the sources you cited? John Punch was the first recorded slave for life in this nation, hell even Obama claims to be a descendent of this "first slave" but most historians, according to even your sources, don't recognize John Punch as being the first because his lifetime of slavery was given as a sentence, as a punishment, (now I told you to look that word sentnece up, you evidently didn's, so I'll do it for you. Senetnce; Declare the punishment decided for (an offender)) for a criminal act. ALL historians agree that Prior to 1654, all Africans in the thirteen Colonies were held in indentured servitude and were released after a contracted period (see James Oliver Horton and Lois E. Horton, Hard road to freedon: the story of African America, Rutgers University Press, 2002 among numerous other historical sources) and that Johnson's case in 1654 where he sued to keep one of his own five slaves (indentured) for life and won, makes his slave Casor the first slave for life. This ain't my first rodeo son. I've studied this topic extensively for this very reason. I got sick and tired of hearing the negroes of today whining and crying about how dey great, great, great, great gran pappy was a slave so they deserve welfare, sec 8 housing, affrimative action, etc, etc, etc. from the white man's govt. The FACT remains the first slave for life in this nation was compliments of one of their own and Johnson's courtroom victory set the precedent for slavery as we knew it in the American South where the master owned the slave for the slaves whole life. Run along now, you have some studying to do Lucy.

Massachusetts is the first colony to legalize slavery.

I'm not a republican, but I will accept your challenge. Give us one unrespectable position of the Republican Party.

Gay rights

gays have no rights? :dunno:
No doubt he is reffering to gay marriage....Funny how marriage is NOT a right.....And yes, gays have the same "rights" as everybody else.

Funny also, that here in liberal dominated Cali, prop. 8 passed, no doubt fueled by a majority of liberal DEMOCRATS who voted in favor of it.

Libs just hate when those FACTS are presented.

Gay rights

gays have no rights? :dunno:
No doubt he is reffering to gay marriage....Funny how marriage is NOT a right.....And yes, gays have the same "rights" as everybody else.

Funny also, that here in liberal dominated Cali, prop. 8 passed, no doubt fueled by a majority of liberal DEMOCRATS who voted in favor of it.

Libs just hate when those FACTS are presented.

the libs say that majority rules except when it comes to gay marriage and gun rights among others

Do you even know what a Heathen is? I'm an Atheist, you idiot! Those blacks are Christians and Christians of all types do every single thing of what you've said, especially murder.

Murder is a Christianity's favorite pastime.

Congratulations, you've proven yourself as much of a hateful fucking idiot as these racist assholes. You are officially one of them. Better get comfortable with them, because you've climbed right on into the same bed with them. Douchebag.

:chillpill:

That's because they were Liberal Republicans and Liberal Democrats who voted for the Civil Rights Act. Conservative Democrats as well as conservative Republicans disagreed with them and voted against the Civil Rights Act.

Bullshit.

Forum List

Back