BREAKING: NAACP Takes Over Houston Polling Station, Advocates for President Obama

BREAKING: NAACP Takes Over Houston Polling Station, Advocates for President Obama
"I went to the polling supervisor and let her know that it was not appropriate that they were in the building handing out water. She ignored me. I repeated my statement. She told me that she would handle it. She did nothing. I then went to the assistant supervisor and he stood up, walked over to another table and then sat down. I then walked into the waiting room and they were reloading another dolly with more cases of water," Rockford said in a True the Vote incident report.

After handing out water and advocating for President Obama, the NAACP members started handpicking and moving people to the front of a long voting line inside the polling place according to the incident report. After multiple complaints from voters about the line cutting, Rockford received a phone call from downtown telling her to “stand down.”

“All of the sudden one of the clerks, Dayan Cohen, said that someone wanted to speak to me on the phone. It was someone from downtown. I got on the phone and she said she was from downtown and that I needed to stand down and that it was okay for the NAACP to be within 100 ft. and they could hand out water. I told her that the NAACP was inside the building, wearing the NAACP clothing and caps and were handing out water and moving people from the back of the lines to the front of the lines,” Rockford said.

At this point, NAACP members were instructed to turn their clothing inside out, which they refused to do and said they weren’t going to stop their actions inside the polling place. Their behavior and actions to move people to the front of the line continued for the rest of the evening. Texas State Representative Sylvester Turner, a former Texas NAACP leader, was also seen outside the building talking with voters.

“The NAACP basically ran this poll location and the judges did nothing about it,” Rockford said.​

Illegal. No question.

But Obama boot-lickers will see nothing wrong with it.

Well if a right wingnut blog says so it must be true.
As opposed to anonymous left-wing internet message board members who weren't there?

"I went to the polling supervisor and let her know that it was not appropriate that they were in the building handing out water. She ignored me. I repeated my statement. She told me that she would handle it. She did nothing. I then went to the assistant supervisor and he stood up, walked over to another table and then sat down. I then walked into the waiting room and they were reloading another dolly with more cases of water," Rockford said in a True the Vote incident report.

After handing out water and advocating for President Obama, the NAACP members started handpicking and moving people to the front of a long voting line inside the polling place according to the incident report. After multiple complaints from voters about the line cutting, Rockford received a phone call from downtown telling her to “stand down.”

“All of the sudden one of the clerks, Dayan Cohen, said that someone wanted to speak to me on the phone. It was someone from downtown. I got on the phone and she said she was from downtown and that I needed to stand down and that it was okay for the NAACP to be within 100 ft. and they could hand out water. I told her that the NAACP was inside the building, wearing the NAACP clothing and caps and were handing out water and moving people from the back of the lines to the front of the lines,” Rockford said.

At this point, NAACP members were instructed to turn their clothing inside out, which they refused to do and said they weren’t going to stop their actions inside the polling place. Their behavior and actions to move people to the front of the line continued for the rest of the evening. Texas State Representative Sylvester Turner, a former Texas NAACP leader, was also seen outside the building talking with voters.

“The NAACP basically ran this poll location and the judges did nothing about it,” Rockford said.​

Illegal. No question.

As opposed to anonymous left-wing internet message board members who weren't there?

Are you saying that you take left wing nut blog's "eye witness" reports on things at face value?

Are you saying that you take left wing nut blog's "eye witness" reports on things at face value?

Sometimes. However, what lends this report an air of credibility is the level of detail, and the fact that the reporter gave her name. She's not anonymous.

Illegal. No question.

townhall.com

:lmao:

what's prison planet's take, davey?

Sometimes. However, what lends this report an air of credibility is the level of detail, and the fact that the reporter gave her name. She's not anonymous.

Prove it.

There are oodles of such threads have been created here. Show me ONE in which you took it on face value.

Sorry, are laws concerning behavior at elections common knowledge? Perhaps it needs its own sub-forum.
I haven't ever been to a polling place that didn't have numerous placards around the building, denoting the limit beyond which electioneering is prohibited.

Fair enough, I honestly didn't pay much attention to them.

It makes me wonder even more why nobody did anything about something seemingly so serious.

it's hard for other people to hear the voices in someone's head, too.

Illegal. No question.

townhall.com

:lmao:

what's prison planet's take, davey?

Yawn.

Prove it.

There are oodles of such threads have been created here. Show me ONE in which you took it on face value.
Not interested. I retract.

What a load of crap!

If anything illegal is going on at a poll, call the federal Marshall's office.

Otherwise STFU!

Here's a thought, fuck off and die.

You black?

You want your own set of rules like the rest of them?

Gee, Romney losing brings out the racist in many people does it not? Congratulations on keeping it under wraps for so long.

Sadly...we haven't come very far since 1957 with some people:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDhgR3p12w]12 Angry Men - This is how you deal with prejudice. - YouTube[/ame]

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to defend conservatives against accusations of racism; conservatives and republicans are for the most part not racist, but they seemingly have an inordinate number of racists among their ranks.

The anger and disappointment which will result from Romney’s loss is obviously drawing the racists out.

You can not Campaign for a Candidate in or around a Polling place. Idiot.

The NAACP is not a campaign or a candidate. Their shirts violated no Electioneering statue I'm aware of and water is just water.

I didn't see a single quote in the OP's article that would constitute electioneering.

It depends on the state.
Texas Election Code - Section 85.036. Electioneering Prohibited - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws
Strict Enforcement of State Electioneering Laws Problematic :: Washington and Lee University
“Most states have laws against electioneering, and some of those laws — those in Texas and New York, for instance — do have prohibitions against voters having what is usually called ‘campaign material,’ which could include T-shirts.”

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/EL/htm/EL.61.htm#61.008
Sec. 61.008. UNLAWFULLY INFLUENCING VOTER. (a) A person commits an offense if the person indicates to a voter in a polling place by word, sign, or gesture how the person desires the voter to vote or not vote.

Was the NAACP on the ballot? If not, then there is no prohibition on an NAACP shirt.

You black?

Gee, Romney losing brings out the racist in many people does it not? Congratulations on keeping it under wraps for so long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDhgR3p12w]12 Angry Men - This is how you deal with prejudice. - YouTube[/ame]

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to defend conservatives against accusations of racism; conservatives and republicans are for the most part not racist, but they seemingly have an inordinate number of racists among their ranks.

The anger and disappointment which will result from Romney’s loss is obviously drawing the racists out.

Thats important to remember; the words of a few do not speak the vast majority. Now is the time you'll see it to; reality is setting in.

Still, I think it would be an interesting social experiment if people were 100% anonymous as they are on this board; would they be so civil in real life? I would like to think yes but I also think that the level of civility would take a major hit. On here there are no repercussions to such blatant racism and the monumental amount of ignorance it takes to get there so displaying it as Amazed and Rabbi have is easy; these people "get off" on being hurtful.

The clip from 12 Angry Men is EXACTLY what Amazed is broadcasting... 55 years later and we're still having to deal with bigots.

How sad.

Sorry, are laws concerning behavior at elections common knowledge? Perhaps it needs its own sub-forum.
I haven't ever been to a polling place that didn't have numerous placards around the building, denoting the limit beyond which electioneering is prohibited.

It makes me wonder even more why nobody did anything about something seemingly so serious.

Makes me wonder why the local newspaper didn't cover it. I'm wondering if it happened.

You black?

And so there are no black racist on Obama's side eh ? It will be interesting to see upon his loss if so be it the case as to this, because there are many whom think by virtue of a person's skin color being black, that their is no way for them to be a racist if they are black, however I beg to difffer with them on such an assumption or idiotic view in life.

12 Angry Men - This is how you deal with prejudice. - YouTube

Thats important to remember; the words of a few do not speak the vast majority. Now is the time you'll see it to; reality is setting in.

Still, I think it would be an interesting social experiment if people were 100% anonymous as they are on this board; would they be so civil in real life? I would like to think yes but I also think that the level of civility would take a major hit. On here there are no repercussions to such blatant racism and the monumental amount of ignorance it takes to get there so displaying it as Amazed and Rabbi have is easy; these people "get off" on being hurtful.

The clip from 12 Angry Men is EXACTLY what Amazed is broadcasting... 55 years later and we're still having to deal with bigots.

How sad.
Yes, like these bigoted Republicans:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vYML_F1Nb0]Exterminate White People - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weo3864s5vU]BLACK PANTHERS: KING SAMIR SAYS WHITES USE BLACK BABIES AS 'ALLIGATOR BAIT,' LAMENTS 'FOX JEWS'.flv - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIrKtoHYPsE]"You want freedom you gonna have to kill some crackers".."gonna have to kill some of their babies" - YouTube[/ame]

Makes me wonder why the local newspaper didn't cover it. I'm wondering if it happened.
It will be sad if people make this sort of stuff up....wow

Forum List

Back