CNN Anchor: ‘Our Rights Do Not Come From God’

You argued: If God gave us our rights, then government cannot protect our rights So, if government can protect our rights, that implies our rights came from...what? Feel free to phone a friend or ask your teacher for help...
I think you need to phone an English teacher, since I never said, if God gave us our rights, government couldn't protect our rights. My statement said, if rights are God-given why aren't they God-enforced? Since they aren't, how do you prove that the notion isn't just wishful thinking?

You said there should be no need for courts if God gave us our rights. Stop word parsing, the implication is clearly it's the job of the source of our rights to protect them. So since you support government protecting our rights, that means they were given to us by government.

They are enforced by man.....he tells us what he expects and it is up to us to do the work........and if man gave us rights they can be taken away by man.....since God gave us those rights, no man can take them...without being subject to God when the time comes....
When did God change His mind on slavery? It was actually a sin to eat the wrong animal, but OK to take away all of certain people's rights.

When he put it to us to end it.......in the 10 commandments for one.....Though Shalt Not Steal....sadly, it takes people a while to enforce his laws........much like Though Shalt do no murder....and we still have abortion on demand......

You said there should be no need for courts if God gave us our rights. Stop word parsing, the implication is clearly it's the job of the source of our rights to protect them. So since you support government protecting our rights, that means they were given to us by government.
Since we're the government, rights are what we mutually agree they are. Slaves have no rights, but +200 years ago we agreed that was alright.

You argued: If God gave us our rights, then government cannot protect our rights So, if government can protect our rights, that implies our rights came from...what? Feel free to phone a friend or ask your teacher for help...
I think you need to phone an English teacher, since I never said, if God gave us our rights, government couldn't protect our rights. My statement said, if rights are God-given why aren't they God-enforced? Since they aren't, how do you prove that the notion isn't just wishful thinking?

No....God gave us these rights, and leaves us to protect them...to do that we create government, that serves at our will and gives us nothing, we empower government to do our bidding, we don't do the bidding of government.....at least that is the way it is supposed to work, but if you are a lefty, you like the Borg Collective model....

My rights are protected by the 2nd amendment.
The 2nd Amendment is part of the Constitution, i.e. government. Thank you.

What part of government serves our needs and not the other way around don't you get...governments are created, for a free people, to do the things we need to get done.....we are not created to serve government....you lefties....no wonder you end up in such sucky societies and allow yourselves to be mass murdered....you see yourselves as nothing more than servants and slaves owned by the "government" which is why you want "government" to take care of you.....

As with the Wal Mart discussions where lefties complain that wal mart doesn't take care of every aspect of their employees lives, this thread shows the same slave mentality.....

Only in the master/slave relationship is the "master/government" responsible for every aspect of the slaves life.....and you guys really, really want that......

I just read a review of the movie 50 Shades....and apparently the woman signs over her life to the Grey guy.......who will take care of all her needs...as long as she submits to him completely...

Please....lefties.....leave us normal people out of your need to be dominated........we like our freedom, as given to us by God......if you must submit to something so that you can be taken care of.....go to one of those bondage places....and leave us alone...........

Here....a review of 50 Shades....and how it reflects the lefts need to be a slave....

Fifty Shades of Grey Review You ve Come a Long Way Feminists - Breitbart

During the second 40 minutes, the crowd was less enthusiastic and a lot less giggly. The vibe turned unsure. There was a struggle, it seemed, to be morally okay with what we were being asked to buy into — the story of an emotionally needy heroine entering into serious negotiations with Prince Charming, who after winning her heart, has now asked her to sign a contract agreeing to the physical abuse that will come with being his sex slave.

The way you lefties talk about government.......just go see this movie.....and spare us your need to be controlled by an alien entity......God gave us freedom, it is up to us to protect that freedom and to do that WE created government to do those things best done as a group.....government didn't give us anything, in particular our rights......in fact, government takes away our God given rights more often than not....and that is why our Constitution and Bill of Rights need to be protected......especially with the 1st and 2nd amendments....the very ones you leftists hate......

Last edited:
I'm often asked why I cite the Moderator of this very Site who recently noted:

THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!

Asking further if I agree... At which time I inform them that of course I agree... given that God prohibits the possibility for someone to simultaneously adhere to both the thesis and the antithesis.

They then usually ask why I feel that Leftists can't or don't adhere to the American thesis and I point out that that is because they wouldn't be Leftist if they did.

But every now and again a jack-ass Liberal gets honest in public and provides a WONDERFUL example of what Anti-Americanism IS, what it looks like and how pitiful they are trying to sell it.

So here's another New York Leftist runs to misinform the Intellectually Less Fortunate, that they have no inalienable rights:

CNN Anchor Our Rights Do Not Come From God CNS News

(The video is embedded in that article I could not find an independent link to the video, so you can watch it there.)

You can get a fantastic discussion of it here, with the most relevant context included:

Mark Levin Chris Cuomo is WRONG Our rights do not come from man and HERE 8217 S WHY The Right Scoop -

In truth, absent God, Inalienable human rights cannot exist.

"Rights" are whatever your government says you can do. Rights from a religion are what we infer we have because a commandment doesn't say we can't. There are no rights granted by reliigon. They're simply infered due to a lack of text saying we can't do something.

We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness simply because that terminology was written down. But we also have the right to wear ugly clothes because nothing says we can't. But that right is infered just as many "rights" are in religions. A Christian, Jew, or Muslim has the right to an abortion because it doesn't say anywhere you don't, and in fact gives multiple examples of what we'd now term abortion.

Asking further if I agree... At which time I inform them that of course I agree... given that God prohibits the possibility for someone to simultaneously adhere to both the thesis and the antithesis.

They then usually ask why I feel that Leftists can't or don't adhere to the American thesis and I point out that that is because they wouldn't be Leftist if they did.

But every now and again a jack-ass Liberal gets honest in public and provides a WONDERFUL example of what Anti-Americanism IS, what it looks like and how pitiful they are trying to sell it.

So here's another New York Leftist runs to misinform the Intellectually Less Fortunate, that they have no inalienable rights:

(The video is embedded in that article I could not find an independent link to the video, so you can watch it there.)

You can get a fantastic discussion of it here, with the most relevant context included:

Mark Levin Chris Cuomo is WRONG Our rights do not come from man and HERE 8217 S WHY The Right Scoop -

"Rights" are whatever your government says you can do. Rights from a religion are what we infer we have because a commandment doesn't say we can't. There are no rights granted by reliigon. They're simply infered due to a lack of text saying we can't do something.

We have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness simply because that terminology was written down. But we also have the right to wear ugly clothes because nothing says we can't. But that right is infered just as many "rights" are in religions. A Christian, Jew, or Muslim has the right to an abortion because it doesn't say anywhere you don't, and in fact gives multiple examples of what we'd now term abortion.

It says so in the Ten Commandments...that whole...Though Shalt do no Murder....thing........

It says so in the Ten Commandments...that whole...Though Shalt do no Murder....thing........

Bible says many things, not everything it does is also legal. So who do we defer to? Religion or government? If religion, don't we then risk wrath from the government? If we defer to government how absolute or real is our supposed belief in religion?

Bible says many things, not everything it does is also legal. So who do we defer to? Religion or government? If religion, don't we then risk wrath from the government? If we defer to government how absolute or real is our supposed belief in religion?

That is why in a free society we vote....and try our best to get it right....but being humans....we can only get so close.....God gave us freedom of action after all.....

That is why in a free society we vote....and try our best to get it right....but being humans....we can only get so close.....God gave us freedom of action after all.....

I'd agree God didn't give us freedom of action, choice, or will at all if in exercising some choices we go to hell. That's not having a choice. That's having a selection. :)

Your 'freedom of choice' from God is similar to your freedom of choice disarming a ticking timebomb. One wire disarms the bomb, all the others result in your demise. So do you have free choice to pick any wire you want and have a desireable outcome, or just the one and the other choices suck? :)

I'd agree God didn't give us freedom of action, choice, or will at all if in exercising some choices we go to hell. That's not having a choice. That's having a selection. :)

You know it is interesting that to avoid hell, you simply have to not do things specifically mentioned in the 10 Commandments...per se....pretty simple rules....don't really inhibit any activity that normal people normally engage in....and yet...even with the warnings...people still do those things......man....what a funny creature.....

I don't believe we're created to serve government. That notion just highlights your biases. I believe we create government to serve ourselves.

The OP and the voices in your head are actually not the same. So government cannot protect our rights unless government gives us our rights? That's just stupid. Government does not give us our rights, but government is a vehicle to protect them.
What does that have to do with the notion that rights are God-given? Take the government out of the equation, how are rights defined, much less enforced? Did God change his mind? In the Old Testament slavery was tolerated, but today most religions condemn it. If rights are God-given, where are they listed and what's God's method for advising us of a change?

Logic test for liberals.

You argued: If God gave us our rights, then government cannot protect our rights

So, if government can protect our rights, that implies our rights came from...what?

Feel free to phone a friend or ask your teacher for help...

Rights come from the People who decide through their Government what rights they will have. The Government then protects them.

If you think rights come from God, why do you argue that abortion is not a right? Or same sex marriage?

Did GOD tell you that?

Abortion is not a right because it is murder....I think even atheists who kill muslims would understand that.....

And where did God write that down? Where is the proof that whatever God is, he is against abortion?

Your 'freedom of choice' from God is similar to your freedom of choice disarming a ticking timebomb. One wire disarms the bomb, all the others result in your demise. So do you have free choice to pick any wire you want and have a desireable outcome, or just the one and the other choices suck? :)

Except he told us which wires not to screw with....it isn't random at all....Don't murder, steal, lie about someone else, take someone elses wife or husband.....the instructions are given and the places to learn the instructions have been provided....so not quite as 50/50 as you say.....

Forum List

Back