CNN Anchor: ‘Our Rights Do Not Come From God’

Of course it gives rights. It takes opinions and turns them into legal facts.

what the fuck are you talking about

--LOL

If your opinion is that you have the right to own guns, implicitly without fear of the law, you can do that if the government gives you that right,

via something like the 2nd Amendment.

Your opinion about gun rights becomes a fact thanks to the Government.

the government did not give me the right to own firearms

The government did, if you had any idea of what 'rights' mean in this context.

Pray tell... WHAT DOES the 'rights' mean, in this context? (The Reader should know that she'll have no means to show a distinction in context... I only asked as a means to belittle and berate the sub-human... for my own entertainment, toward being cruel and as a means to quell a minor sadistic streak...)

It means a right you can exercise without being lawfully punished for it.

No sane person in this conversation thinks we're talking about 'rights' being simply actions you can take, regardless of the consequences. That would make murder or robbery a right.

Trying to warp the D of I and the Constitution into custom made endorsements of a narrow conservative agenda,

very funny.

The Charter of American Principles is what the US Constitution is designed to represent, as it defines the governmental construct AROUND those Judea-Christian principles.

They'll just reject the constitutional authority of the Courts.

Yes... we will. Because the constitution does not grant such authority. But you're invited to cite where it does. And when you fail to do so, rest assured that I will be here to recognize and accept your looming concession.

Then you don't believe the Supreme Court has the right to strike down gun bans, or to declare Obamacare unconstitutional in any aspect?

I don't believe that Straw reasoning is sound reasoning. You can 'belieb dat!"

You just told me the Supreme Court doesn't have the power of judicial review.

So, then ,

you can't believe the Supreme Court has the right to strike down gun bans, or to declare Obamacare unconstitutional in any aspect.

Well?

The Right of slaveholders to have their slaves returned to them was written in the Constitution.

Not a "Natural Right?"

Well, it literally is, as Slaves were property. And there is no question that where a right is recognized in writing that this in no way results in the right becoming anything else than natural.

But how cool would it be for you, IF it did?
So then the right to slavery was a natural right - protected by the government - but were were told natural rights cannot be taken away?

That they are unalienable. I guess "Natural Rights" aren't really unalienable.

Perhaps you should consider heading on back down to the "FIRE HOT!" discussion. Word is that you were doing great down there... .

What the hell does this even mean?

It means that you're an idiot, who is incapable of discussing anything beyond the most fundamental of human observations. But sadly, for you... given this demonstration you've just offered, even THAT may be beyond your intellectual grasp.

Are insults and projection your only attribute? It appears that way.

--LOL

If your opinion is that you have the right to own guns, implicitly without fear of the law, you can do that if the government gives you that right,

Pray tell... WHAT DOES the 'rights' mean, in this context? (The Reader should know that she'll have no means to show a distinction in context... I only asked as a means to belittle and berate the sub-human... for my own entertainment, toward being cruel and as a means to quell a minor sadistic streak...)

No sane person in this conversation thinks we're talking about 'rights' being simply actions you can take, regardless of the consequences. That would make murder or robbery a right.

ROFLMNAO! Can I call 'em or WHAT?

As I promised, there is no distinction of context. A right remains in THAT context, what a right is in EVERY CONTEXT! That which one is entitled to do, on no less an authority than the Creator of the Universe itself.

Which, ALWAYS come with the RESPONSIBILITY, to NOT BE EXERCISED TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE MEANS OF ANOTHER TO EXERCISE THEIR OWN RIGHTS.

Yes... we will. Because the constitution does not grant such authority. But you're invited to cite where it does. And when you fail to do so, rest assured that I will be here to recognize and accept your looming concession.

HUH?

The Constitution does NOT grant THE PEOPLE authority. The People have all - 100% - of the rights except for those which were specifically granted to the government. None of the powers granted to the government allows them to prevent homosexuals from living together.

True...

God grants people authority.

That's sorta the whole point of 'rights'. They're the things God authorizes... which is why they're not separable from our beings and why we don't need another's permission, and why we can't exercise it to the detriment of the means of another to do the same... because they too are authorized by God to do so.

I do not know what you mean by "god".

Do you mean the deistic Nature's God referred to by Jefferson?

Trying to warp the D of I and the Constitution into custom made endorsements of a narrow conservative agenda,

very funny.

The Charter of American Principles is what the US Constitution is designed to represent, as it defines the governmental construct AROUND those Judea-Christian principles.

So how come when I google Charter of American Principles,

no such thing comes up?

Link us please.

ROFLMNAO! Can I call 'em or WHAT?

As I promised, there is no distinction of context. A right remains in THAT context, what a right is in EVERY CONTEXT! That which one is entitled to do, on no less an authority than the Creator of the Universe itself.

Which, ALWAYS come with the RESPONSIBILITY, to NOT BE EXERCISED TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE MEANS OF ANOTHER TO EXERCISE THEIR OWN RIGHTS.

Prove God exists, first.

Then prove that you have a right to own a gun, without consequences, anywhere in the world.

Of course it gives rights. It takes opinions and turns them into legal facts.

--LOL

I don't know if Keys' lover is his right hand or his left, but it is embarrassing to witness, and I wish he would get a room. As for me, I am going to exercise my right to ride my motorcycle out into the desert where there is no public masturbation going on!

Nope... I never said that.

Ya see scamp, such implies objectivity and sound reasoning.

We saw this week that a Supreme Court Justice has spoken publicly to her own subjective views, claiming that the subjective views of the pop-culture are, from her addled perspective, the determining factors in making such decisions... where the decision is to overturn MAJORITY LEGISLATURE FROM THE MAJORITY OF THE STATES PASSED BY THE MAJORITY OF THE LEGISLATORS, ELECTED BY THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE.

There's no Constitutional Authority for THAT.

(The Reader should know that she will literally have NO MEANS to understand what I have said... because she is an imbecile... OKA: An Intellectually Less Fortunate.)

You reject the authority of the Courts?

Funny then, that back in post 272, you said this:

NYcarbineer said:

"So gun rights advocates never resort to going to the Supreme Court to secure their 2nd amendment rights? Are you sure about that? lol"

Where_r_my_Keys said

We go to the Supreme Court, as a means to settle the dispute...

...you, youngster, are profoundly confused. Or maybe just dishonest.

lol

Article Six, Clause 2

Nothing there which provides for the power to overturn objectively reasoned legislature, based upon the subjective whimsy of pop-culture.

Would ya care to try again?

You're like a Christian Scientist. If God wants to heal us, then God will do that. We shouldn't intervene by taking medicine and stuff. My answer to that is that maybe God did want to heal us ... by giving us doctors ... You don't get it, do you? Liberals never get simple analogies.
The simple analogy I get from your post is "maybe God gave us government". That may be true, but it doesn't change my contention that, absent government, rights are merely wishful thinking.

And without doctors, healthcare is merely wishful thinking.

You used government to support the idea that our rights don't come from God, now you're arguing something that doesn't contradict that. Yes, we use government to protect our rights. Even small government libertarians support that. So what? What does that have to do with whether our rights came from God or not?

Here is what our rights coming from God means:

1) Other than psychopaths like JoeB131, people are built with an innate sense of fairness that recognizes those rights. Even Hitler justified his actions. As twisted as his arguments were, he had to make it sound like he was recognizing the rights of his victims and they not he committed the wrong. He didn't say it's wrong, let's do it. The Communists, even the Democrats justify their actions with the same sets of values, they just warp them.

2) God is empowering us to protect those rights. If you shoot someone because they pissed you off, like Joe thinks justifies killing Jews, you will be accountable to God. If you shoot someone because they are threatening you or your family, God will take that into account. God is empowering us to protect our rights.

The innate sense of rights we have is remarkably consistent, again, even from those who try to take them away from us because they rationalize why they are doing it. They have to rationalize it.

Nope... I never said that.

Ya see scamp, such implies objectivity and sound reasoning.

We saw this week that a Supreme Court Justice has spoken publicly to her own subjective views, claiming that the subjective views of the pop-culture are, from her addled perspective, the determining factors in making such decisions... where the decision is to overturn MAJORITY LEGISLATURE FROM THE MAJORITY OF THE STATES PASSED BY THE MAJORITY OF THE LEGISLATORS, ELECTED BY THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE.

There's no Constitutional Authority for THAT.

(The Reader should know that she will literally have NO MEANS to understand what I have said... because she is an imbecile... OKA: An Intellectually Less Fortunate.)

What you said was the Supreme Court had no constitutional authority to rule on same sex marriage,

which is in fact an exercise of the power of judicial review.

Go back to the 8th grade, pay attention, and then continue on here.

I reject the authority of any body which seeks to impart subjective whimsy as law, overturning my right to govern myself and by extension my culture, through soundly reasoned, objective rules, regulations and standards.

And that includes the entirety of all local, state and federal governance who would seek to do so.

But that's only because I choose to BE an American. And that's how we roll.

Having people like that guy on their station CNN (the commie news network) is why their ratings are swirling down the toilet.

Ignorance on full display

I reject the authority of any body which seeks to impart subjective whimsy as law, overturning my right to govern myself and by extension my culture, through soundly reasoned, objective rules, regulations and standards.

And that includes the entirety of all local, state and federal governance who would seek to do so.

But that's only because I choose to BE an American. And that's how we roll.
You reject law and rulings you don't agree with...cause that's how you roll.

I see. Objoyful! Another Sovereign Citizen nutcase.

:lol:

Article Six, Clause 2

Nothing there which provides for the power to overturn objectively reasoned legislature, based upon the subjective whimsy of pop-culture.

Would ya care to try again?

That's all subjective. No legislature has the power to exempt itself from judicial review on the grounds they 'objectively' passed the law.

That's ludicrous even for you.

Forum List

Back