Conservative Judge J Michael Luttig's sadness over what's coming is palpable

I think I can speak for most conservatives - we never heard of this guy before, let alone "revere him".

Mac1958 threads....

Step 1) Create a projection to apply to those he disagrees with.
Step 2) Tell them why they shouldn't be thinking it.
Step 3) Seek affirmation for the brilliance he applied to himself, as everyone's response, in his mind, affirms the projection.

Repeat next day.

Maybe he reads books. Those are stacks of paper that are attached to each other on one edge. Maybe we should ban all of them.
or maybe he knows from personal experience....hey i was just asking how he knows what its like in a cult....

How many issues is that, Einstein? All of them?

Is that what you think? And you went LOOKING for it?

How old are you?
I knew it was there and how full of shit you are is the situation here.

Sheepy.

Now go get a booster so you don't get Covid. :itsok:

Be sure and wear a mask all the time too. It helps normal people see who the fucktards are in society.

Gosh, Karen, all of them! I've been in all of them! Boo hoo!
its ok mac anyone here who has been here as long as you have been here, have seen you go from an independent to another party person....you might as well join that cult....its a shame you let a jerk like trump run you into it...

its ok mac anyone here who has been here as long as you have been here, have seen you go from an independent to another party person....you might as well join that cult....its a shame you let a jerk like trump run you into it...
Okay Karen!

Here's an extended (45-minute) interview with former federal judge J Michael Luttig, who used to be revered by conservatives for his commitment to conservative values. Now, of course, he's written off as a RINO and an enemy of the MAGA movement. Why? Because he's horrified by what he is seeing and has spoken out about it.

He's obviously shaken by what has happened to his party. There are several poignant moments in this interview, but one that struck me was when he said:

"This is a tragic day for America...The trial will be an embarrassing spectacle to the United States of America. Not only is it the first trial of an American President for grave offenses against the United States, but that man will be on trial during a presidential campaign in which he himself is again campaigning for the presidency of the United States. Never again will the world be inspired by American democracy in the way that it has been since our founding almost 250 years ago."

He also points out that our Constitution simply did not, and could not, foresee a movement that wanted to bring down the very institutions that support it. That has been my concern since this began -- we are not equipped to deal with something our Founders didn't see coming.

Luttig is intelligent, articulate, humble, dignified, informed, thoughtful, gracious and profoundly patriotic.

He's the polar opposite of the child leading his party right now.

Oh, I do love irony.

Indeed.

We see proof of this on this very forum daily – and in this very thread.

There we have it. After 6 years the only way to defend this espionage suspect (among so many other things) is by screeching TDS. This all you got? :auiqs.jpg:

All they know to do is attack. It's them against the world.

Such is life in a cult.

Ah , a sweet Sheeple anthem . Why educate yourself when you could be in the field grazing and eating grass ?

Trump claimed that he stacked the court with conservatives. What was that you were saying?

It's always a good sign when people lie about my words.

Good stuff!

How about "impartial for 200 years"?

Yeah, it's been funny watching them try that approach.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind if all the conservatives Supreme Court judges retired tomorrow and were replaced by Biden appointees.

:rolleyes:

Unlawful retention of sensitive national defense records falls under the Espionage Act. 31 of the 37 charges he`s facing are related to secret or top secret. classified documents.

Yes, good morning Karen.

Some of us understand the definitions of words. You just bitch about posts.

Thanks for the link.

Maybe he reads books. Those are stacks of paper that are attached to each other on one edge. Maybe we should ban all of them.

I suppose. I'm counting on the Justices being loyal to the constitution and rule of law rather than Trump.

Yes, all the time. Just not the same side on every issue like an obedient little sheep, i.e., you.

Gosh, Karen, all of them! I've been in all of them! Boo hoo!

Cults have been studied and described for decades.

How many issues is that, Einstein? All of them?

Is that what you think? And you went LOOKING for it?

How old are you?
The sum of every single one of you ShitLords' posts in this thread:

orange-man.gif

a36.jpg

He also points out that our Constitution simply did not, and could not, foresee a movement that wanted to bring down the very institutions that support it. That has been my concern since this began -- we are not equipped to deal with something our Founders didn't see coming.
Our FF's were well aware of those that 'rule' gaining power over 'we the people' Mac

The constitution they wrote, and every amendment since makes that point clear

unfortunately we've assumed a bloated overbearing governance that can only exist and continue to operate via undermining it all

This by no means is partisan , it's oval office focal point is a diversion

Fascism is an insidious malady because 'we the people' simply do not grasp that it is

~S~

Cults have been studied and described for decades.
Your cult is eliminating competition from individuals. I understand some of it. That competition though gives us all a etter life. The argument comes when showing photographs of those who improve it. The have to be the right ethnic, gender or racial culture today. Come hell or high-water NASA is going to send people to the moon being the right genders and cultures. The SLS LAUNCH schedules for November of 2024 to go to lunar orbit and return to earth with a diversity crew is going to cost over 4 billion dollars. The SLS was supposed to cost 300 million dollars a launch. They promised us. Compare....300 million dollars a launch as compared to 4 billion dollars a launch. So, we will have a female and a person of color. Our nation is dying.

First, I didn't want the following observation to go by unremarked on:
"Just the COVID arrogant non stinking superior spewage true inferior in surviving asses will get theirs."
Now, in truth, I'm not exactly sure what that means. But I think it is bad.
It is also rather shrilly histrionic.......whatever da hell it means.
But fun, on a Saturday morning.
IMHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Every POTUS has violated that law in its strictist sense.
Trump didn't help himself at all by being defiant

And then, poster 'offal' does make two valid points in the above quote.
First, yeah, 'in-the-strictest-sense' is probably true. So stipulated.
But, 'offal' is deadsolidperfect in his noting of Trump's 'defiance'. It didn't help Trump. It didn't help the United States.

The knowing taking, the denying, hiding, directing others, etc. are what makes his actions vis-a-vis America's secrets.....an egregious crime. And it is clearly in contradistinction from the behaviors of Joe Biden and Mike Pence, both of which, also had docs marked Secret of one level or another. They cooperated. Trump denied and lied.

I ain't a prosecutor, or hell, even a lawyer.....but as a civilian layman I think the 'defiance' is what this whole brouhaha hinges on. It made Don Trump's actions criminal, whereas Biden's and Pence's were simple negligence, promptly corrected when discovered.

Therein lies the game.

Here's an extended (45-minute) interview with former federal judge J Michael Luttig, who used to be revered by conservatives for his commitment to conservative values. Now, of course, he's written off as a RINO and an enemy of the MAGA movement. Why? Because he's horrified by what he is seeing and has spoken out about it.

He's obviously shaken by what has happened to his party. There are several poignant moments in this interview, but one that struck me was when he said:

"This is a tragic day for America...The trial will be an embarrassing spectacle to the United States of America. Not only is it the first trial of an American President for grave offenses against the United States, but that man will be on trial during a presidential campaign in which he himself is again campaigning for the presidency of the United States. Never again will the world be inspired by American democracy in the way that it has been since our founding almost 250 years ago."

I guess this judge doesn't know anything about the "presumption of innocence", I guess its good he's a retired judge.

Forum List

Back