Crazy Vegan Mother

This whole thread reminds me of when I was nursing my baby. Well, I got pregnant again, and before I knew I was, my baby was not gaining like he should have. He wasn't satisfied after feedings. I knew enough to go to the doctor, and I took the doctor's advice to start formula. Point being, you don't take chances, and you listen to the paid professionals. If you want a second opinion, get it damned quickly. This mother seems to suffer from some hubris that tells her that she knows better, even when the child is blatantly starving from her course of action.

Her religious beliefs.

This whole thread reminds me of when I was nursing my baby. Well, I got pregnant again, and before I knew I was, my baby was not gaining like he should have. He wasn't satisfied after feedings. I knew enough to go to the doctor, and I took the doctor's advice to start formula. Point being, you don't take chances, and you listen to the paid professionals. If you want a second opinion, get it damned quickly. This mother seems to suffer from some hubris that tells her that she knows better, even when the child is blatantly starving from her course of action.

Her religious beliefs.

It doesn't matter what her hubris stems from, she needed to step back and do what was best for the baby.

Well, she had parenting classes and I believe was court ordered to take a nutrition class. The baby was returned so, the charges are at this point kind of jacked up now that she has already been through it.

I wonder if that infant nutrition or adult nutrition.

Someone said or implied that being vegan means she couldn't breastfeed. Not at all true. Not even close. And, I'm sure everyone understands that the diagnosis of failure to thrive was not due to her being vegan.

My vegan niece breast fed her baby.

Now, she was raised on beef, in fact, as a kid she would eat ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

Now she is vegan, still morbidly obese.

She breast fed her baby, and then all solid food was vegan.

Results: Poor thing is severely autistic, and will probably be institutionalized.

Well, she had parenting classes and I believe was court ordered to take a nutrition class. The baby was returned so, the charges are at this point kind of jacked up now that she has already been through it.

Someone said or implied that being vegan means she couldn't breastfeed. Not at all true. Not even close. And, I'm sure everyone understands that the diagnosis of failure to thrive was not due to her being vegan.

Now, she was raised on beef, in fact, as a kid she would eat ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

Results: Poor thing is severely autistic, and will probably be institutionalized.

You don't know that that's the cause.

Her religious beliefs.

It doesn't matter what her hubris stems from, she needed to step back and do what was best for the baby.

Before lecturing me about this, please read what I have already written.

Thank you.

Well, not sure if autism has anything to do with being a vegan because children who are not fed a vegan diet can also have autism.

Proper nourishment and enough calories are imperative for babies because they are growing SO rapidly. Being undernourished can have long-term consequences for a baby.

Well, not another autistic, retarded kid in the family.

Another possible cause could just be neglect; she never spent any time with the kid, just let him stay in the crib and cry until the dad came home.

Anyway, not my problem.

Well, not sure if autism has anything to do with being a vegan because children who are not fed a vegan diet can also have autism.

Proper nourishment and enough calories are imperative for babies because they are growing SO rapidly. Being undernourished can have long-term consequences for a baby.
Apparently this is the case with my niece's kid.

Always small, frail, sick, and looks like an albino Ethiopian.

Another possible cause could just be neglect; she never spent any time with the kid, just let him stay in the crib and cry until the dad came home.

Anyway, not my problem.

How sad. She probably shouldn't be a mother at all. Poor little baby. How can anyone treat a baby in such a way? How can they not want to pick up and hold and love the baby? I don't get it.

Anyway, not my problem.

How sad. She probably shouldn't be a mother at all. Poor little baby. How can anyone treat a baby in such a way? How can they not want to pick up and hold and love the baby? I don't get it.

Now, I don't see these people anymore, I no longer communicate with any of the Obama voters in my family.

Last I heard, the dad was about to leave because he could not work and care for the kid.

Her dad, an unemployed, disbarred former attorney, is now the nanny for three of her sister's kids.

He once cared for the autistic kid, but got caught trying to feed him some meat.

Anyway, not my problem.

Nice family attitude you got goin' there.

Well, the Obama-voting part of the family don't deserve any regard.

:cuckoo:

I agree. That would be a silly reason to withdraw from your family members.
I didn't withdraw from them, they moved to Boston and became too good to associate with what they call crackers.

Okay, well this thread isn't about you and your family. It's about the woman in the OP and how she neglected her child's needs. :)
We got off on family when I wrote of my niece's autistic kid and her lack of basic mothering skills and instincts.

I think lack of any maternal bonding did it.

She even milked her breasts into bottles because "the kid squirmed too much when suckling".

Then dad fed the breast milk to the kid via the bottle.

Vegans don't eat herbivores so I don't get your point.
If mother's milk is considered nonvegan then all herbivores who drank mother's milk are not herbivores are they?
Sure they are. The definition of vegan is not the definition of herbivore. Herbivore is a trait that determines diet, jaw size, stomach makeup, etc. Veganism is choice that goes against biology. Choosing to feed your child animal milk is hypocritical if one is claiming their child must be a vegan.
Absurd.
Bullshit.
Yes it is bullshit.

And once again I have to ask

Why do you people care if another person doesn't want to eat animal products or wants to breast feed?

It's none of your business.
Where did I say I cared?

And do you know if the formula the mother chose to use would not have solved the problem?

No you don't.

I don't have to know. She should have asked the doctor.
Yes and there are never any alternatives to what a doctor says.

Right?

So, this is a chance you would be willing to take with your newborn child? To go against the doctor's advice . . . why?

Doctors aren't always right and it's the parent's choice not yours.
It is not a parent's choice to do harm to a kid.
There is no proof that kid was being harmed or that a supplement other than what the doctor suggested would not have worked.

Forum List

Back