Democrats Refuse to Compromise... Trump Walks Away...

I can't believe how many republicans/conservatives who have not actually read the constitution. It's crazy. They run around saying they are the only ones who love and respect our constitution but their actions say the exact opposite.

The US Post office is REQUIRED by the constitution.

It can't be privatized. It can't be eliminated.

Yet here we see another republican who doesn't care about what our constitution says.

Where does it say required?

Article 1, Section 8 says that [The Congress shall have the power] to establish Post Offices and Post Roads. It does not say that the federal government shall have the exclusive power to deliver mail.

Yes, Trump has a problems with helping Americans

The Democrats are unwilling to provide stimulus unless Trump makes numerous concessions. Trump could have the ability to cure bone cancer in little children and you would oppose him because you're a far-left, radical, hack.

And you will see little follow up or reporting on this by the MSM. The Democrats decided to play politics with this issue, so Trump is giving it right back to them. Their entire ploy here is to make Trump look bad, and he just turned the tables on them.

Sorry. Not following. I'm talking about states where mail in voting was NOT relied upon. Those states had to scramble to put that infrastructure in place and rely on the Post Office...and Trump's Postmaster General, well, did his best to kneecap them. Thereby giving his boss the vote. Again, something else?

Oh please. Are you going to tell me the PO's problems started only six months ago with Covid? You are really out of touch with what's going on if that's what you believe.

The PO is on the same path that record stores were on, then CD stores, the movie rental stores. They;re being replaced by technology.

The PO's problem stared way back when FAX machines came out. It got worse with email. Then the fast growing internet where people could order things online and see every item they wanted with no catalogs. Then of course virtual meetings on Skype and now Zoom.

When the PO is finally useless, the little mail left would be taken over by FedEx, UPS and so on. What does that mean? Less government workers and less union people. That's what the Democrats are scared of, and it's not the taxpayers responsibility to keep their soon to be extinct industry in business. Let them get voters some other way.

hate to break it to you but SCOTUS won't allow it to happen. And the House won't cooperate either. So instead of this scare tactic, how about actually presenting a reasonable discussion instead of throwing all that crap at the wall and seeing what will stick. It's not sticking too well these days.

The it's up to the Senate to take it, rewrite it into a Senate bill and introduce it back to the house. Had they followed that there would be a SB. But the didn't do their friggin job. Instead, it goes into the bottomless bottom left drawer on Moscow Mitch's desk. The Senate is broken.

Nope, they did that two times already. Both times the Democrats told them it's our way, or the highway. That's why Trump threatened them with an EO to provide Americans with money like additional unemployment and another stimulus check.

Where is the SB. In order to do it officially, it takes a SB Bill. None has been done. The House has presented an original and 2 revised HR bills to the Senate and not one single SB bill has been returned. BTW, as of this morning, Rump walked back his preventing his staff from working with the House. I guess the flashback from Wall Street and the Republicans in both the House and the Senate shook up his spider web brain.

hate to break it to you but SCOTUS won't allow it to happen. And the House won't cooperate either. So instead of this scare tactic, how about actually presenting a reasonable discussion instead of throwing all that crap at the wall and seeing what will stick. It's not sticking too well these days.

My discussion can't get more reasonable than this. Have the Democrats always strongly supported unions, yes or no? Have unions supported the Democrat party with their money, yes or no? Do government workers mostly vote Democrat, yes or no? Is the USPS failing due to advancements in communication, yes or no?

Democrats have accumulated damn near $1 trillion dollars in debt in poorly run Dem states BEFORE Covid hit. Dems are trying to use the Covid crisis now to extort money from other states to pay off their debt. Before you Dems cry and whine and complain I'll remind you that even president Obama refused to bail out Dem states when California asked him for a bail out in 2009. Never let a crisis go to waste right Nancy Pelosi you bitter old hag.

Where is the SB. In order to do it officially, it takes a SB Bill. None has been done. The House has presented an original and 2 revised HR bills to the Senate and not one single SB bill has been returned. BTW, as of this morning, Rump walked back his preventing his staff from working with the House. I guess the flashback from Wall Street and the Republicans in both the House and the Senate shook up his spider web brain.

What are you talking about? The Senate sent the revised bill back twice, and both times the Democrats said it's our way or the highway.

Trump is not walking anything back. He knows the Democrats are playing politics with all this. They never wanted a bill in the first place. They just want to try and make the Republicans look bad by rejecting their pork bill. So Trump turned it around on them. He said he'd sign a bill that only contained the stimulus checks. Brilliant move by our President. He can play politics too you know.

When I read the real bill, I don't see any of what these hacks claim that's supposed to be in there. What they are hoping for is that the Average American is just too stupid or too lazy to actually read it and buy what the political hacks say is true.

So, which is it? Are you stupid or lazy? I'd say both...............

"Among other things, the bill".....................

I see a bill that should be sent back and forth between the House and the Senate until an agreement is mutually arrived at. I can read it and see there is the original HR bill and 2 revisions which coincides with trying to get the Senate to consider it. But there is NO SB bill presented to the House therefore, it's not been considered nor discussed in committee. Just a plain NO which accomplishes nothing. And that about sums up the bulk of the accomplishments of the Senate, nothing.

Democrats have accumulated damn near $1 trillion dollars in debt in poorly run Dem states BEFORE Covid hit. Dems are trying to use the Covid crisis now to extort money from other states to pay off their debt. Before you Dems cry and whine and complain I'll remind you that even president Obama refused to bail out Dem states when California asked him for a bail out in 2009. Never let a crisis go to waste right Nancy Pelosi you bitter old hag.

In 2009, a lot of companies in CA got bailouts. Along with almost every State in the Union. The Bailout wasn't for the State Governments, it was to make the companies solvent. And please stop throwing crap at the wall and seeing what will stick. It's not sticking so well these days.

Link when available.... Reported now on FOX...

Democrats refuse to compromise and want unrealted items that have nothing to do with stimulus and everything to do with power grabs..

For those of you that aren't Talking heads, here is the whole bill from the House. Make Make up your own mind instead of having some Political Hack tell you what you you should think.

H.R.6800

When I read the real bill, I don't see any of what these hacks claim that's supposed to be in there. What they are hoping for is that the Average American is just too stupid or too lazy to actually read it and buy what the political hacks say is true.

But then you don't read well so there is that.
"provides payments and other assistance to state, local, tribal, and territorial governments;"
This has been the sticking point this entire time. Effing educate yourself. We will NOT bail out your shit blue cities who let people screw them up.

But you will bail out all the Red States and Areas. I get you.

Tell you what, how about the States stop paying the Feds. All the State Voters just stop paying the Federal Government a single dime and pay that to the state instead making the Feds do what they once had to do and that is beg to the States for money. You want to turn the clock back, let's do it. And then watch the Red States disappear into oblivion while the Blue States prosper like never before financially.

Red cities aren't burning themselves down dumb ass.

Democrats refuse to compromise and want unrealted items that have nothing to do with stimulus and everything to do with power grabs..

For those of you that aren't Talking heads, here is the whole bill from the House. Make Make up your own mind instead of having some Political Hack tell you what you you should think.

H.R.6800

But then you don't read well so there is that.
"provides payments and other assistance to state, local, tribal, and territorial governments;"
This has been the sticking point this entire time. Effing educate yourself. We will NOT bail out your shit blue cities who let people screw them up.

But you will bail out all the Red States and Areas. I get you.

Tell you what, how about the States stop paying the Feds. All the State Voters just stop paying the Federal Government a single dime and pay that to the state instead making the Feds do what they once had to do and that is beg to the States for money. You want to turn the clock back, let's do it. And then watch the Red States disappear into oblivion while the Blue States prosper like never before financially.

Red cities aren't burning themselves down dumb ass.

Most Red Cities are less than 100K in population and don't have anything worth burning down.

Like Houston?
I'm sure you've heard of it,you know,the 4th largest city in America and soon to be the 3rd with all you liberals moving here?

Yah, a red city with a Democrat Mayor and a primarily Democratic City Council. You might want to tell Mayor Sylvester Turner that he's a Republican. He will be pleased as punch to hear that. Houston hasn't had a Republican Mayor since 1982.

I bet the mayor before The Honorable Sylvester really chapped yer drawer. She is Anise Parker and open Gay. She wasn't voted out. She term limited. And She is a Democrat.

Just like Rump. Grab the credit for someone else.

H.R.6800

I have a better idea: why don't YOU read your own links:

The bill also modifies or expands a wide range of other programs and policies, including those regarding

• Medicare and Medicaid,
  • health insurance,
  • broadband service,
  • medical product supplies,
  • immigration,
  • student loans and financial aid,
  • the federal workforce,
  • prisons,
  • veterans benefits,
  • consumer protection requirements,
  • the U.S. Postal Service,
  • federal elections,
  • aviation and railroad workers, and
  • pension and retirement plans.
And what does any of those things have to do with Covid relief? They are all democratic pork projects.

Those aren't Pork. Those are things that need to be dealt with pronto. Pork is things like diverting money to programs in your District of State. And none of that is in this bill. I guess you thing those things are pork while bridges to nowhere are badly needed.

H.R.6800

The bill also modifies or expands a wide range of other programs and policies, including those regarding

• Medicare and Medicaid,
  • health insurance,
  • broadband service,
  • immigration,
  • the federal workforce,
  • prisons,
  • veterans benefits,
  • federal elections,

Considering these are important programs, which of these are considered Pork? Which one is a bridge to nowhere?

Let's look at a few and tie them in with Covid 19.

Aviation and RR Workers. Those have been hard hit during this time period. The Layoffs of both are about as high as any single other job or higher. And no end in sight. With your Millionaire and Billionaire Buddies getting Millions and Billions for their "Losses" what are these people going to live on since they have exhausted the Unemployment Benefits. That's a few hundred thousand workers without incomes that are going to or have already filed for Welfare.

US Postal Service has NEVER been a profitable business. It was never designed to be. It's a Government Sponsored Agency who is there specifically to serve the nation. Saying that the USPS needs to make money is like saying the DMV should be a profitable business. Every year, the Feds have to kick in X number of bucks into it to make it break even. Some years, more than others. To just shut it off harms everyone. And that is not a reasonable decision, that's strictly a Political decision more of a spiteful move.

Veterans Benefits have been hit hard as we had a heavy influx of Veterans. One of the biggest things we can do is retrain a gun toter into something useful in the civilian market. There just isn't the funds to do this. I've been in that situtation. It's a real bear to have tons of qualification and they be the wrong ones for the job market.

Student Loans and Financial Aid needs to be recalculated. Student loans break the backs of many people right now that don't qualify for those 6 figure jobs. And it doesn't cost any less for an education for someone make a 5 figure job than it does a 6 figure job. But there are a lot more 5 figure jobs available. But when you run up a 50K or more student loan, that 50K+ loan means you will be paying it back for decades. And if you are all of a sudden without a job like today, the loan just keeps growing. So that 45 to 60K job that you may have later (a year or two down the road) means that your student loan will take even longer to pay off. They need help NOW.

Now on to the rest. It's normal to put riders on Bills. And all of these others are necessary. If the Senate wanted to discuss it, they could remove the ones that they disagree with and send it back to the House. That's the way it's supposed to be done. To just say NO on the whole thing is not the way it is supposed to work. Then the House would send their rep over to the senate and they would discuss what would make it work for both parties. Instead, the Senate (meaning Moscow Mitch) just says no. Sorry, Rump isn't the one that is saying "No" on this since it hasn't reached him yet. One side is giving Rump credit where no credit is due and the other side is giving blame where no blame is due. The Blame goes securely on Moscow Mitch.

Yep....a true left winger.

You never were anything close to Republican.

If you are what it takes to be a republican, no, I am not. But luckily, when Rump is gone, so are you. Sanity returns.
If you believe Biden is a return to sanity, then you are clinically insane.

H.R.6800

• Medicare and Medicaid,
  • health insurance,
  • broadband service,
  • immigration,
  • the federal workforce,
  • prisons,
  • veterans benefits,
  • federal elections,
And what does any of those things have to do with Covid relief? They are all democratic pork projects.

Those aren't Pork. Those are things that need to be dealt with pronto. Pork is things like diverting money to programs in your District of State. And none of that is in this bill. I guess you thing those things are pork while bridges to nowhere are badly needed.

Not our problem or responsibility

• broadband service

Forum List

Back