Do liberals even like this country?

During a debate with a leftist this morning, I was once again told how much better things are in other places, and that made me ask myself if liberals even like this country yet alone love it?

How great other countries have it is a leftist argument they make all the time. It's beginning to be almost as common as saying the right are racist, sexist, homophobes.

What crossed my mind this morning is something I never thought of before: conservatives never say how much better it is in other places. We have our faults, we have our differences, but you never read a conservative say our country is not as good as X.

Liberals are quite the opposite. They want us to change our healthcare system like "theirs." They want us to have gun restrictions like theirs. They want us to have an education system like theirs. They want us to have a government structure like theirs. They want us to have an immigration system like theirs. They want us to have a justice system like theirs. We should take most of the money from rich people like they do. We need to change our election system like theirs.

So I'm going to ask this question one more time even though I've never gotten an answer before: If it's so good "there" WTF are you doing here?

It's apparent that we on the right love our country and the left does not. So the question I have (especially to you leftists) is if you do even like this country? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it since you want to change every aspect of it.
One could make the same argument about right wingers, who want to make America great again. They hate America as it is, too many Hispanics, too many blacks, too many immigrants, too many gays, too much government, too much globalization, too much welfare, etc.. I think most liberals are far more satisfied with America than conservatives are today.

Then why do they always point to other countries telling us how much better they are; how they do things so much better than we do; how they always have better results?

You don't see conservatives saying this country is better than ours or that country does things better than we do. Only liberals do that.

During a debate with a leftist this morning, I was once again told how much better things are in other places, and that made me ask myself if liberals even like this country yet alone love it?

How great other countries have it is a leftist argument they make all the time. It's beginning to be almost as common as saying the right are racist, sexist, homophobes.

What crossed my mind this morning is something I never thought of before: conservatives never say how much better it is in other places. We have our faults, we have our differences, but you never read a conservative say our country is not as good as X.

Liberals are quite the opposite. They want us to change our healthcare system like "theirs." They want us to have gun restrictions like theirs. They want us to have an education system like theirs. They want us to have a government structure like theirs. They want us to have an immigration system like theirs. They want us to have a justice system like theirs. We should take most of the money from rich people like they do. We need to change our election system like theirs.

So I'm going to ask this question one more time even though I've never gotten an answer before: If it's so good "there" WTF are you doing here?

It's apparent that we on the right love our country and the left does not. So the question I have (especially to you leftists) is if you do even like this country? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it since you want to change every aspect of it.
They hate everything America represents, they despise our ideals and our people.

Yeah, a civilized society if you're a taker. When you're a giver, you look at it as theft.
Fuck you asshole if you don't like it do not drive on the US Highway system...just fuck off Idiot

No idiot, the highway system is funded by gasoline and diesel tax dollars. Everybody uses our roads by the way.
Some benefit more than others

How so? Even if you don't drive a vehicle, you still need your mail. You still need somebody to get you to the grocery store, the doctors, the convenience store or Walmart. And that stuff does't grow there, we truck drivers have to bring those items to the store so you can buy them.
Buisiness and industry benefit from our infrastructure more than we do

They owe their survival to an inexpensive and efficient transport network

They also pay more for infrastructure as well.

You should see what my employer has to pay for license plates, for DOT certification, what he pays in diesel fuel tax, axel tax because anything over 2 axles, you get charged per axle per mile.

Industry provides jobs that workers pay taxes on when they get their paycheck. That's besides what they pay for property tax, income taxes of their own, city and state taxes. They contribute way more than their fair share, and yes, they did build that.

Lay the truth on them thick and often
Never meet any type of people in my life so adverse to taking care of themselves as liberals

Fuck you asshole if you don't like it do not drive on the US Highway system...just fuck off Idiot

No idiot, the highway system is funded by gasoline and diesel tax dollars. Everybody uses our roads by the way.

How so? Even if you don't drive a vehicle, you still need your mail. You still need somebody to get you to the grocery store, the doctors, the convenience store or Walmart. And that stuff does't grow there, we truck drivers have to bring those items to the store so you can buy them.

You should see what my employer has to pay for license plates, for DOT certification, what he pays in diesel fuel tax, axel tax because anything over 2 axles, you get charged per axle per mile.

Industry provides jobs that workers pay taxes on when they get their paycheck. That's besides what they pay for property tax, income taxes of their own, city and state taxes. They contribute way more than their fair share, and yes, they did build that.

Buisiness survives off of infrastructure. It brings goods and services in and shops a finished product out. They profit immensely off of a modern infrastructure

Buisiness survives off of infrastructure. It brings goods and services in and shops a finished product out. They profit immensely off of a modern infrastructure

Everybody benefits, that's the point. But it's not charity given to businesses, they pay more than their fair share. That's why cities fight to get businesses to their area using tax abatements and tax cuts. Those businesses bring in a lot of money to their community; money they would have otherwise never had.

Everybody benefits, that's the point. But it's not charity given to businesses, they pay more than their fair share. That's why cities fight to get businesses to their area using tax abatements and tax cuts. Those businesses bring in a lot of money to their community; money they would have otherwise never had.

Talking to these people about benefits and results of work and commerce results in eyes glazing over and occasional profanity outbreak

As Ray would agree it's up to the individual to take care of themself...which is why god is number 1 in my list. Family second. Country down on the list somewhere. Whenever I see this crap about country first those people are the biggest lists in the world and are not folk Icould ever help if they needed it. One doesn't ever consider country when on the job....ever. EVER. And remember this I am an 81 year old retired white guy....come at me.

As Ray would agree it's up to the individual to take care of themself...which is why god is number 1 in my list. Family second. Country down on the list somewhere. Whenever I see this crap about country first those people are the biggest lists in the world and are not folk Icould ever help if they needed it. One doesn't ever consider country when on the job....ever. EVER. And remember this I am an 81 year old retired white guy....come at me.
Where is USMB on your list?

I'm for people taking care of themselves if they have the ability to. For those that can't, certainly there is nothing wrong with helping them out.

I would like to see everybody have a happy life, but I get so annoyed with how many people abuse and rip off our systems.

For instance my HUD neighbors next door. They don't work. I never see their cars gone during working hours. We taxpayers are paying for their home in the suburbs. Today they are having a big party. I called the cops on them once today because they are so inconsiderate they were playing their music so loud it could be heard five houses down.

Oh they have the BBQ going, ribs, steak, just having a grand ole time. How late they stay up is not an issue with them either. They don't work and I'm guessing their guests don't either. We are supporting them and they are having parties for crying out loud. They don't seem so poor to me, and I'd be willing to bet all that food on the grill was paid for by us as well.

right-wing after god then family then posessions then friends then pets then other things comes country....like everyone else in this nation.

the us lives and worships the wealthy.....everything Jesus preached against. Yet those same people say we are based on Christian principles. They are not my fellow American citizens.

Having civil servants confiscate unearned wealth to fund their concocted idiocies are truly Christian values...

Lol

Look, cocksuck, my dd214 says Honorable, volunteered, not drafted. And I don't like the taste of Russian asshole like you do. The treasonous fat senile old orange clown has done everything he can to weaken this nation as per Putin's orders. And you just continue to cheer him on. You are not different than the clown.

Funny you and the left loved the USSR and we're aghast when Regan called them the evil empire, what happened ?

We know they broke up and glasnost started to take place..which you and the left despised.

The Oil companies get to sell fuel because "We the People" build Highways and bridges and tunnels for cars and trucks

You ever hear of a fuel tax you freeloader.....

Forum List

Back