Do You Understand the Electoral College?

Those who want pure majority rule democracy to get rid of the EC really should think long and hard on this, because roughly 75% of this nation is Christian.
Do you all want the mob rule of christians votes?
Mob rule never works out in the end.

The electoral college doesn't give disproportionate power to non-Christian voters.

Those who want pure majority rule democracy to get rid of the EC really should think long and hard on this, because roughly 75% of this nation is Christian.

Why does majority rule work for almost every other office in the land?

The governor of Texas is elected by majority vote.

What if Texas gave every county 2 votes plus more based on population, i.e., an electoral system, and then made each county winner take all.

Is that more democratic?

As Joe won't answer the first, then I'll also ask. Would the progressives trade a popular vote to elect the president for the ability of the people to vote to overturn Supreme Court rulings? That creates the majority rule that Joe wants (if majority rule is such a great thing, who needs a Supreme Court anyway?) and adds another check and balance.
Boom! Pop23 delivers a knockout blow! Down goes JoeB131, down goes JoeB131!!! :lol:

Um, no. That's kind of retarded.

The people DO have the ability to overturn Supreme Court rulings. They can amend the constitution, or pass laws that pass constitutional muster.

It's retarded to want the majority to rule?

Got it

Joe's a hypocrite

Had enough of him this morning, I sent him to the cornfield
The entire board has had enough of him. Just look at how nobody supports him or agrees with him. He's arguing 24x7 with everyone.

Because they can't become the Dictator or Tyrant like the President can.

Because every other office in the land is based by location. In other words, if you don't like the Texas governor, or the mayor of Dallas, you can move! That's not the case with the President. We're citizens of the United States and cannot leave unless another nation is willing to give us citizenship. Something that is not only not guaranteed, but in fact would be unlikely.

Think.

What if Texas gave every county 2 votes plus more based on population, i.e., an electoral system, and then made each county winner take all.

Is that more democratic?

So you want democracy?

Then why have a Supreme Court. If there is anything that exists that is less democratic then the way we elect a president, it is the Supreme Court.

I'll trade the current election method for the people's right to overturn Supreme Court rulings by the most democratic method known. Referendum

Deal?

Is that more democratic?

So you want democracy?

Then why have a Supreme Court. If there is anything that exists that is less democratic then the way we elect a president, it is the Supreme Court.

I'll trade the current election method for the people's right to overturn Supreme Court rulings by the most democratic method known. Referendum

Deal?

Don't make up shit and pretend I said it.

Is that more democratic?

So you want democracy?

Deal?

You don't know what you want, how the hell would anyone else know?

Is that more democratic?

So you want democracy?

Deal?

I want elections where when you win the vote, you win.

Is that more democratic?

So you want democracy?

Deal?

Then you want a democracy. There is nothing less democratic then the Supreme Court.

I'll say it again, if you demand democracy, then you must accept democtratic process. That can not include a final say on important decisions without referendum

The sheer ignorance and stupidity of those who want to get rid of the EC is ... not even surprising because you're fucking idiots.

What is gained by electing a president that most voters didn't want?
What is gained? The interest of the entire country is taken into account - instead of two densely populated cities (NY and LA). That's what is gained. The entire country should not revolve around two cities.

So basically you want mob rule because you're butt-hurt over the reality that the entire nation unilaterally rejected Hitlery Clinton except for two dense cities. Trump even won Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan for God's sake. Even in liberal states, they told the Dumbocrats to go f' themselves.

As someone else astutely pointed out in this thread already - will you be consistent with your mob-rule mentality and support the masses being able to vote down a Supreme Court ruling? In fact, by your logic, we shouldn't even have a Supreme Court. We should just allow the people to vote on a contested issue.

Is that more democratic?

So you want democracy?

Deal?

Ohhhh! All of a sudden NYcarbineer isn't for "mob rule"?!? Hypocrite.....

What they wanted was to ensure that small states with less population also had sufficient representation. If it was simply handled like the state elections of one person, one vote, only those states with significantly large city populations would win every time.

Well, first, not really, since even if the biggest states all voted the same way, you'd still need some people in the smaller states.

Second, the small states already have disproportiate representation in the Senate.

Third- and here's the big one- I never hear anyone self-identify by their state today. I mean, yeah, back in the Founding Slave Rapist Days, you put your state ahead of your nationality... but today?

Now the people are stuck with a President that most of them didn't want. I'm sure that will end well.

Interest in #Calexit growing after Donald Trump victory - CNNPolitics.com

Interest in pushing for California's secession from the United States has increased after Donald Trump won the presidency.
The "Yes California" campaign is backing an independence referendum in support of a constitutional exit of the state from the US. In the wake of 60% of the state's voters supporting the presidential loser, Hillary Clinton, the movement is getting renewed interest.
"As the sixth largest economy in the world, California is more economically powerful than France and has a population larger than Poland. Point-by-point, California compares and competes with countries, not just the 49 other states," the campaign's website said.
You don't here people identify by the state they are from? You are either living in a cave or don't get around and meet people much. Most people I've met do ask where your from if they hear a different accent in the speech.

As Joe won't answer the first, then I'll also ask. Would the progressives trade a popular vote to elect the president for the ability of the people to vote to overturn Supreme Court rulings? That creates the majority rule that Joe wants (if majority rule is such a great thing, who needs a Supreme Court anyway?) and adds another check and balance.
Boom! Pop23 delivers a knockout blow! Down goes JoeB131, down goes JoeB131!!! :lol:

Um, no. That's kind of retarded.

The people DO have the ability to overturn Supreme Court rulings. They can amend the constitution, or pass laws that pass constitutional muster.
And the people DO have the ability to elect Hitlery Clinton. They failed to do it. So deal with it you whiny little bitch! :lol:

Now the people are stuck with a President that most of them didn't want. I'm sure that will end well.
The first thing that lil Joey ever said that was true! Right now, we are stuck with a President that most of us didn't want - Barack Obama. But thankfully though, the American people corrected that and elected the better of the two choices.

Forum List

Back