Dont blame Cruz

Obamacare is a bad law that was written by one party and pushed through in the most partisan of conditions. It hamstrings businesses at the worst fucking possible time. It is responsible for the loss of jobs and the decrease in hours for many others. It adds to a terrible uncertainty that this country is facing on a variety of levels. It puts the bloated federal bureaucracy -- and, stunningly, the IRS -- in the middle of the health delivery process. It's a steaming pile of shit.

But it's law. It should stand as a shining monument to the fact that elections have consequences. It should also function as a reminder to the GOP in the future that they just can't say "no" -- if they had produced a clear, cohesive, comprehensive alternative we might not be in this situation.

But they did not, and here we are.

Our "leaders" continue to fail us.

I have no idea how much better a program the repubs had....but it could have been proposed by God Himself and Obabble would have rejected it...that is a fact.

If you think that is a "fact" then that clearly shows why the Repubies keep losing elections and are eating their own. Cruz will be history by the end of this year, he has embarrassed his own party THAT badly.

Great! Then why aren't the Republicans screaming about this at every opportunity, instead of just saying "no"?

Does this party have any idea of the value of messaging, any at all?

Would that not be the obvious and intellgent thing to do? Am I missing something?

Yes you are. You're missing what's painfully obvious and a widely known fact, that the mass media is LIBERAL LEFT. They are the MOUTH PIECE AND MEGAPHONE for obama and the leftist democrats. Republicans are at a HUGE disadvantage when it comes to messaging, but it isn't for the lack of trying, it's that the liberal media won't repeat a damn thing they have to say.

I also believe you know this, so why you decided to post such ignorant drivel is beyond me. I thought you were smarter than this.

I guess everyone is occasionally subject to partisan hyperbole, and your's always seems to lean LEFT.

Of course the media leans left. So? Even MSNBC interviews a Republican now and then. Why don't I ever hear about a clear and coherent alternative plan? Why don't I see Republicans holding up that plan in front of the camera? Would it really be that difficult? What are they afraid of?

And, obviously, why don't I see them doing this on Fox? Would it have really been that difficult to put an alternate plan in booklet form with a nice big title on the cover that they could hold up and discuss at every opportunity?

You're putting the blame for the GOP's pathetic messaging in the wrong place. Someone in the party should have taken charge and led this, and now it's too late.

Now - show me the "ignorant drivel" in my point, precisely.

Great! Then why aren't the Republicans screaming about this at every opportunity, instead of just saying "no"?

Would that not be the obvious and intellgent thing to do? Am I missing something?

Yes you are. You're missing what's painfully obvious and a widely known fact, that the mass media is LIBERAL LEFT. They are the MOUTH PIECE AND MEGAPHONE for obama and the leftist democrats. Republicans are at a HUGE disadvantage when it comes to messaging, but it isn't for the lack of trying, it's that the liberal media won't repeat a damn thing they have to say.

I also believe you know this, so why you decided to post such ignorant drivel is beyond me. I thought you were smarter than this.

I guess everyone is occasionally subject to partisan hyperbole, and your's always seems to lean LEFT.

You are completely unaware of your surroundings, aren't you? Mac ain't no lefty. He ain't no righty either. You speak silliness when you say such things.

Question......is Obamacare currently overwhelmingly popular with the American people?

Of course the media leans left. So? Even MSNBC interviews a Republican now and then. Why don't I ever hear about a clear and coherent alternative plan? Why don't I see Republicans holding up that plan in front of the camera? Would it really be that difficult? What are they afraid of?

And, obviously, why don't I see them doing this on Fox? Would it have really been that difficult to put an alternate plan in booklet form with a nice big title on the cover that they could hold up and discuss at every opportunity?

You're putting the blame for the GOP's pathetic messaging in the wrong place. Someone in the party should have taken charge and led this, and now it's too late.

I just answered this, and you want to double down on pretending the republicans have even a FRACTION of the ability to get their message out that dems have?

Conversation over. You've decided to play brain dead.

I just answered this, and you want to double down on pretending the republicans have even a FRACTION of the ability to get their message out that dems have?

Conversation over. You've decided to play brain dead.

So it's the media's fault that the GOP is either afraid or incapable of using its air time to offer a clear alternative.

Sure, why not. Sure beats looking in the mirror.

So it would be impossible for the State's to get together and come up with a solution to solve the state to state codes.............................

If you're conceding that the idea as proposed cannot work in the absence of uniform national standards, you're correct. But it's designed with exactly the opposite circumstance in mind. As I said, it's nonsensical and unworkable as written.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't more participation among small businesses pooled together lower their rates instead of raise them............Corps have larger employee roles, as do Unions.............which gets them better rates than the little ones..............So why not allow greater pooling of groups to lower their rates.

Again the problems with legislation like what the RSC put out is that these approaches are incoherent, both within some of the proposals (like the across-state-lines section, as we already covered) and between provisions. The approach of the legislation is to decouple insurance from employment and get people looking on their own; the tax preference that has preserved the employer-based system for six decades is replaced with tax incentives at the individual level.

So amid that seismic shift away from the employer-based system, we're told the answer to keeping costs down is...employer groups. Each negotiating different plan options in an employer-centric, segmented market that still traps people into a particular job for the particular deal their employer got on health benefits.

These are opposite impulses and two different policy design approaches. They don't make sense together, nor do they work together.

State's such as Mississippi have engaged in Tort Reform and have lower rates as a result, but still have very large decisions on malpractice...............Something that the Medical community talks about all the time.................Lowering their Malpractice Insurance rates keeps prices lower...........As their Malpractice Insurance rates drop.

But that doesn't mean you throw victims under the bus. Tort reform allows large settlements, but also stops the lawyers from taking all the money after winning.

A few years ago Mike Enzi, the top Republican on the main health committee in the Senate, introduced a health reform bill that, among other reforms, included provisions to give grants and assistance to help states reform their own tort laws, trying new things. A variant of this worked its way into the health reform legislation that Paul Ryan, Tom Coburn, and others in the GOP pushed in 2009. And the language from Enzi's bill made it into the Affordable Care Act and is now law. As I've noted in the past, the issue of whether tort reform should be nationalized or if it should be done at the state level has been a major schism within the GOP.

The Enzi/Ryan/ACA approach is based at the state level. This new bill obviously takes a more federal tack, but it does so with the cap approach. Most states already cap awards for noneconomic damages.

Cuthbert-Law-Infographic-Medical-Malpractice-December-2012.jpg

They haven't been particularly effective. So either defensive medicine is mythical, or it's going to take something other than approaches that are already in widespread use (i.e. caps on noneconomic damages) to stem it. There was a recent paper in Health Affairs exploring the latter (intriguing) possibility.

Previous comparisons of states with and without tort reforms (such as caps on damages, limits on attorney’s fees, and reductions in the time that plaintiffs have to file a claim) suggest that the presence of tort reforms does little to limit use of health care. This has led to inferences that the total cost of defensive medicine is low.23 An alternative explanation, empirically supported by previous work, is that the kinds of tort reforms that states have adopted to date do not appreciably reduce physicians’ level of malpractice concern,6 and it is perceived rather than actual risk that determines how physicians behave.

Policy approaches that target the underlying causes of physicians’ malpractice concerns might reduce defensive medicine more effectively than current estimates suggest. Being sued is associated with substantial distress for physicians, but tort reforms are generally aimed at lowering the cost of eventual payouts to the exclusion of other approaches. Physicians’ extreme dread of malpractice litigation may stem from their perception that it is unpredictable, uncontrollable, and potentially disastrous both financially and psychologically.6

To achieve this goal [reassuring physicians that medical injuries can be resolved expeditiously and fairly, in a less adversarial manner], reforms need to facilitate communication between physicians and patients about why adverse outcomes occurred; to explain, in some cases, that the standard of care was met; to provide reasonable compensation rapidly when it was not met; and to keep disputes from escalating into full-blown litigation. Several approaches are promising.23 Communication-and-resolution programs, in which health care institutions proactively disclose errors, apologize, and offer compensation before the patient files a claim, could reduce the numbers and costs of lawsuits and speed the process of resolution. So could expanded use of mediation.

Another, farther-reaching reform would be to replace litigation in the courts with an administrative compensation system, akin to workers compensation. Administrative compensation proposals typically suggest that patients should not have to prove that their providers were negligent, only that their injury could have been avoided in an optimal system of care. Although politically challenging, such proposals are appealing because trying to avoid the emotional distress of being labeled as negligent may drive a great deal of defensive behavior among physicians.

A final approach is to give care providers a strong defense to allegations of malpractice, known as a “safe harbor,” if they can show that they followed an applicable, well-accepted, evidence-based practice guideline. By promoting national, evidence-based standards of care, instead of holding physicians to the prevailing standard in their state or community, safe harbors also have the potential to reduce geographic variation in the provision of some services.33

These alternative approaches are the kinds of things states would be experimenting with if the tort reform grants proposed by Enzi, Ryan, and so on and passed into law by the ACA were being funded by the current Congress. But the current House can't quite seem to muster the interest.

Direct Gov't Subsidies to high maintenance or pre existing conditions ALSO TARGETS specific areas of concern. Thus taking these out of the regular rated areas to lower those costs.

Carving out the sick and limiting their options in underfunded public pools is not a long-term solution. The ACA created temporary high risk pools as a bridge to the opening of the new marketplaces and, as I recall, they were an object of GOP scorn for years due to the well-known deficiencies of high risk pools. Now that those are getting ready to close down and everyone will be able to shop for a plan of their choice in a competitive market, suddenly these pools are the answer again?

Last edited:
There is total confusion on the value of Obamacare...in the meantime it is disrupting the economy. It is a law voted into being on a partisan basis. The only thing that can be said in its defense is that it is like social security and medicare...resisted at first but now acceopted by all. No mention is made that these programs are bankrupting our country...and Obamacare could push us over the edge...we are headed in the wrong direction. Look at it this way....what has Obama been right about so far?????

Not sure about the long term, but over the last three years Obamacare has saved the country about $750 billion if we consider the much slower rate of growth in healthcare spending the past three years versus the fifteen years before.

A decidedly inconvenient fact!

You are completely unaware of your surroundings, aren't you? Mac ain't no lefty. He ain't no righty either. You speak silliness when you say such things.

Question......is Obamacare currently overwhelmingly popular with the American people?

007? Hellooooooooo?

Hmmm. Interesting. Has anyone tried suicide? Are we reasonably sure what would happen if I were to try suicide? I believe we are.

Now..if only someone had tried something like Obamacare somewhere....and we had some idea about how it might work. Damn! That half-cocked negro!
Lone is regretting not voting for Romney.

Yes! Even more than I regretted not voting for McCain. You read me so well!

why would you want to vote for McLoser ... he has a hard time remembering where he is

I have no idea how much better a program the repubs had....but it could have been proposed by God Himself and Obabble would have rejected it...that is a fact.

this show how ignorant republicans are .... when the bill came to the house the republicans objected to one thing in the bill "the public option"... the dems dropped it out of the bill ... that was a big deal to them ... the bill got passed with the republicans voting against the bill ... that they help to design ... when they took the part of the bill that said everybody has to get on board with health care or be fined, that was a republican Idea ... so when you say stupid shit I will call you on it .... the republicans didn't draft one bill for health care ... they didn't even try to draft one ... so how could we reject it moron,,,

Who said we needed a new bill to fix health care??? We needed to fix the health care system...Obabble care doesnt do that. I dont debate lying dipshits...GFY.

translation=ya got nothing ... but we already knew that....

Lone is regretting not voting for Romney.

Yes! Even more than I regretted not voting for McCain. You read me so well!

why would you want to vote for McLoser ... he has a hard time remembering where he is

Hey Dummy!

Sarcasm. Google it!

Your ability to grasp what those around you are saying puts you squarely in the company of Staph, TK and TM. Get a fucking clue. and stop being a liberal. You are making us look bad.

Obamacare is a bad law that was written by one party and pushed through in the most partisan of conditions. It hamstrings businesses at the worst fucking possible time. It is responsible for the loss of jobs and the decrease in hours for many others. It adds to a terrible uncertainty that this country is facing on a variety of levels. It puts the bloated federal bureaucracy -- and, stunningly, the IRS -- in the middle of the health delivery process. It's a steaming pile of shit.

But it's law. It should stand as a shining monument to the fact that elections have consequences. It should also function as a reminder to the GOP in the future that they just can't say "no" -- if they had produced a clear, cohesive, comprehensive alternative we might not be in this situation.

It doesn't matter.

The GOP could have printed it out, put it in a booklet, and waived it every time they were in front of a camera. They could have referred to it in every interview and speech. They could be crowing about it right now, daring the Democrats to reject it, just in time for the 2014 elections.

But no, they did nothing of value. They continued (and still continue) to talk about using Emergency Rooms for health care, which was part of the original problem. They continue to ignore other problems, such as pre-existing conditions and preventive care.

This is just another self-inflicted wound.

not only have they shot themselves in the foot, but they have shot the republican next to them in the ass ... there going down big time this coming 2014 aqd 2016

There is total confusion on the value of Obamacare...in the meantime it is disrupting the economy. It is a law voted into being on a partisan basis. The only thing that can be said in its defense is that it is like social security and medicare...resisted at first but now acceopted by all. No mention is made that these programs are bankrupting our country...and Obamacare could push us over the edge...we are headed in the wrong direction. Look at it this way....what has Obama been right about so far?????

And it’s being opposed for the same reason.

The OP is yet another clueless conservative who just doesn’t get it.

It’s not enough to only whine about how awful and terrible and horrible the ACA is, republicans must also propose a replacement for the ACA, a solution to ensure every American can afford healthcare.

Hint: ‘doing nothing’ is neither an option nor a ‘solution.’

They have actually proposed somethng lately. It's been found to be insufficient compared to the ACA in the goal of helping more people get coverage. Surprise.

yes they had a plan the republicans it was 20 pages 19 of the pages were blank the first page say if you get sick die quick plan...

Last edited:

It doesn't matter.

The GOP could have printed it out, put it in a booklet, and waived it every time they were in front of a camera. They could have referred to it in every interview and speech. They could be crowing about it right now, daring the Democrats to reject it, just in time for the 2014 elections.

But no, they did nothing of value. They continued (and still continue) to talk about using Emergency Rooms for health care, which was part of the original problem. They continue to ignore other problems, such as pre-existing conditions and preventive care.

This is just another self-inflicted wound.

not only have they shot themselves in the foot, but they have shot the republican next to them in the ass ... there going down big time this coming 2014 aqd 2016

Making definitive statements regarding the outcome of elections that are over a year away...and for which one does not even know who is running....is the kind of thing that nutters do. Please........your philosophy is liberal......but you are failing at messaging.

And since Obamacare is nothing like anything that has ever been tried before, it is just an example of Obama's inexperience and hubris. Right? It is nothing like anything that has ever been tried before.

and once again republicans here shows us even more how ignorant they are....
Have you Heard of Mit Romney??? you remember MIT Wit ROMNEY don't ya ??? did you forget he was gov. of MASS.???? DID YA ??? well he helped developed a health care bill just like Obama care or should I say OBAMA care is designed after the bill just like the one Romneys's Wrote did ya even know that so your statement of OBAMA being inexperience WEll, here was a plan that was already working so Obama aused it that plan Pay attention

Well now.....aren't you interesting.

Do me a favor......stop being on my side of this issue. You are an embarrassment at this point. I would rather not be associated with someone who has no ability to tell when someone is being sarcastic.

I implore you to attend Glenn Beck University or the School For Excellence in Broadcasting and get your nutter papers stamped.

Thanks.

tuff !!!! if you write something I will comment on it ... if you don't like it, Go FUCK yourself ... do I making myself clear dick breath

And since Obamacare is nothing like anything that has ever been tried before, it is just an example of Obama's inexperience and hubris. Right? It is nothing like anything that has ever been tried before.

Have you Heard of Mit Romney??? you remember MIT Wit ROMNEY don't ya ??? did you forget he was gov. of MASS.???? DID YA ??? well he helped developed a health care bill just like Obama care or should I say OBAMA care is designed after the bill just like the one Romneys's Wrote did ya even know that so your statement of OBAMA being inexperience WEll, here was a plan that was already working so Obama aused it that plan Pay attention

Not the same thing at all. Bad analogy dipwad!

yes it is dick breath ...

BS

They offered other solutions but were told to get to the back of the bus.

The Dems wanted their way or the highway, and passed this incredible POS.

So spare me that the GOP didn't offer any good alternatives.

It does no good to offer up any damn thing when the Dems were going to ignore them anyway. Hell they had a Super Majority and almost didn't pass the damn thing.

as always eagle you as dumb as the rest of your minions ... this bill was wokred with the republicans and they bailed out the last minute ...

Well now.....aren't you interesting.

Do me a favor......stop being on my side of this issue. You are an embarrassment at this point. I would rather not be associated with someone who has no ability to tell when someone is being sarcastic.

I implore you to attend Glenn Beck University or the School For Excellence in Broadcasting and get your nutter papers stamped.

Thanks.

tuff !!!! if you write something I will comment on it ... if you don't like it, Go FUCK yourself ... do I making myself clear dick breath

You made it clear that you are too stupid to understand when someone is being sarcastic. You are probably going to say more stupid stuff here.....which the rest of us will have to wade through.....and which the actual nutjobs will point to when they need examples of libs being retarded.

Save us the trouble will ya?

Not the same thing at all. Bad analogy dipwad!

yes it is dick breath ...

Count the comparative pages SFBs!:cuckoo:

and you haven't yet said one smart thing ... you degrade a bill you have no Idea whats in it ... other then the fact that the right wing nut cases like you say its bad ...

Forum List

Back