Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

Facebook accepted $100,000 in political ads paid in rubles.
That doesn't alter what he posted, moron.
It's why facebook started to control content.
No, it was because Democrats in Congress were screeching about all the anti-Democrat news that was being posted on Fecebook
But, there's no government action here. Pay no attention to said GOVERNMENT people doing said screeching.

Democrats running around screaming free markets! Free markets! Just unbelievable. Literally, as if they care about free markets.

They are just cheering because it's working, Republicans are being silenced.

And dblack doesn't see a problem
it’s not even about free markets. Free markets welcome the exchange of ideas, not censorship.

with that said, facebook is free in a free society to publish the content they want...with that said they should therefore be treated the same as everyone else in that business
Exchange of ideas like football players kneeling during the National Anthem? How did the right like that exchange of ideas?

The football players were only silenced AT WORK. No one silenced them other than that. Or proposed it.

Be more specific about the political protests you do at work
You mean like some are only silenced on Twitter or Facebook?

And ... Parlor ... Who was shut down by Google, not even their competitor. It's a clear anti-trust violation.

But you're here because you support free markets!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, that's what you care about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
LOLOL

Parler was not shut down by Google. Who knows why you keep repeating that kaz?

That didn't shut Parler down, you fucking imbecile.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Right, a social media site just had to operate without being on phones. That's all.

OMG you're stupid. You aren't faking, you believe the propaganda. At least Goebbels knew it was propaganda

Faun is stupid, stupid is Faun ...
LOLOL

Dumbfuck, until Amazon took them down,, Parler was still accessible on phones. Just like USMB is.

You're a fucking retard.

So it's OK if Google only partially violates their rights?
And what "rights" are being violated?

So you believe free markets prevailed. All the Trumpsters you keep losing your shit over, half the country represented by Republicans. Trump and the Republicans are shut down because there is no market for anyone but Democrats. Maxine Waters? Market, yes. The Ayatollah of Iran? Yes. Trump? No, no market. Free markets are prevailing.

You seriously believe that, that's what you're saying. It's just free markets and the totalitarian Democrats are winning because the free markets only want them. You really believe that

"All rights have limits . . . if they belong to conservatives. It's outrageous that they think they're allowed the same freedoms we are!"

"Facebook is being completely fair and impartial and moral!! I KNOW they are, because they're doing what I want, and they TOLD me they were!! How dare you contradict my beloved masters!!"\

"You deserve to be silenced, because you refuse to follow orders and think what we're told to!!"

Just curious: Was it the lobotomy or the castration that made you such a puling little lackey?
Why is it that you guys always sound like people immersed in self-pity and victimhood with a persecution complex on top of it all? It's weird because it's just so damn common place among conservatives.
Says the party of woke victimhood.

Democrats built a party on victimhood. Their whining about it is classic.

Democrats are Nazis.

Goebbles: Accuse others of what you are

That's Mustang and the Democrats
LOL

Now that's funny in a thread about how conservatives are victims.

So just to be clear, you think stopping fraud is "victimhood."

My God your ass must just burn from the hypocrisy. You impeached the President TWICE for that accusation you stupid fuck
FAUX believe pointing out any crime committed by the leftwing is "victimhood."
LOLOL

There's no crime, fucking moron.
Sure there is.
Name the crime, fucking moron....

"All rights have limits . . . if they belong to conservatives. It's outrageous that they think they're allowed the same freedoms we are!"

"Facebook is being completely fair and impartial and moral!! I KNOW they are, because they're doing what I want, and they TOLD me they were!! How dare you contradict my beloved masters!!"\

"You deserve to be silenced, because you refuse to follow orders and think what we're told to!!"

Just curious: Was it the lobotomy or the castration that made you such a puling little lackey?
Why is it that you guys always sound like people immersed in self-pity and victimhood with a persecution complex on top of it all? It's weird because it's just so damn common place among conservatives.

Democrats are Nazis.

LOL

My God your ass must just burn from the hypocrisy. You impeached the President TWICE for that accusation you stupid fuck
LOLOL

Sure there is.
violation of their common carrier status.

And ... Parlor ... Who was shut down by Google, not even their competitor. It's a clear anti-trust violation.

But you're here because you support free markets!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, that's what you care about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
LOLOL

LOLOL

Retard, that only meant people could no longer reach Parler's site with their app. That didn't shut Parler down. Parler's website remained up and running. It was Amazon, not Google, who shut Parler down. For a brief period anyway, until Parler signed up with a new web host.

You're a flaming imbecile who's simply incapable of learning. :badgrin:

You always post like you're Rumpelstiltskin and someone just said your name. It's pretty funny. It's hard not to poke you just to make you react again. LOL
LOL

You think I shouldn't laugh at you when you post funny shit like that to me?

Giving even a private entity absolute power over its customers is the same as Communist dictatorship, excused by the same slippery reasoning that the Communists used.

Not really because people who were in Communist countries had no choice because they couldn't freely leave. You can leave any social media you wish at any time.

Democrats are Nazis.

LOL

LOLOL

Sure there is.
LOLOL

They're not a common carrier, fucking moron. Your own link proves you're an idiot.

And thanks for failing to name the crime you claim exists by banning posters. Which moderator here wasocked up for banning posters?

Democrats are Nazis.

LOL

LOLOL

Sure there is.
LOLOL

They're not a common carrier, fucking moron. Your own link proves you're an idiot.

And thanks for failing to name the crime you claim exists by banning posters. Which moderator here wasocked up for banning posters?
They claim they are, dumbfuck.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Democrats running around screaming free markets! Free markets! Just unbelievable. Literally, as if they care about free markets.

They are just cheering because it's working, Republicans are being silenced.

And dblack doesn't see a problem
it’s not even about free markets. Free markets welcome the exchange of ideas, not censorship.

with that said, facebook is free in a free society to publish the content they want...with that said they should therefore be treated the same as everyone else in that business
Exchange of ideas like football players kneeling during the National Anthem? How did the right like that exchange of ideas?

The football players were only silenced AT WORK. No one silenced them other than that. Or proposed it.

Be more specific about the political protests you do at work
You mean like some are only silenced on Twitter or Facebook?

LOLOL

That didn't shut Parler down, you fucking imbecile.

Right, a social media site just had to operate without being on phones. That's all.

OMG you're stupid. You aren't faking, you believe the propaganda. At least Goebbels knew it was propaganda

Faun is stupid, stupid is Faun ...
LOLOL

Dumbfuck, until Amazon took them down,, Parler was still accessible on phones. Just like USMB is.

You're a fucking retard.

Rumpelstiltskin! Can you freak out again now?

Remember I told you to talk to your mom about monitoring your sugar intake? Never mind, don't, it's too funny
LOL

Hisses the flaming imbecile who thinks apps don't run on phones if they're not in Google's playstore.

They will pay it. They wont have a choice.

A state can only make laws within their jurisdiction which is their state. My state can't make a law that all ballots in Georgia have to be hand counted because we have no jurisdiction in Georgia.

If Twitter and Facebook were based in Florida, then they could write such laws. I don't know where they are actually at, I'm guessing in Silicon Valley somewhere, but a Florida legislature cannot write laws that pertain to a company in Silicon Valley. No court could enforce those laws because of jurisdiction.

They will stop it themselves once they start losing millions of dollars to lawsuits every day.

They just won't pay it. Then Florida will have to spend millions on litigation which I'm sure most of the citizens won't favor, because no court in the country would enforce such fines.
Of course they have a choice. Choice a) pay it. Choice b) don't pay it. Choice c) fight it in court.

My guess is they will opt for choice c.
Yep, a hundred plus cases per day. Their legal bills will crush them.

They can "claim" anything. Like Dick Cheney claimed he was a member of the legislative branch. The claim has never been upheld. The closest I found was a dissenting opinion by Clarence Thomas.

Democrats are Nazis.

LOL

LOLOL

Sure there is.
LOLOL

Nope, they don't. They're not claiming that just because you're too retarded to comprehend the difference between rule 230 from common carrier.

Your link to that article says nothing about common carriers. It speaks about rule 230. And my link to rule 230 says nothing about common carriers. Even worse for you, Facebook doesn't fit the description of a common carrier.

A state can only make laws within their jurisdiction which is their state. My state can't make a law that all ballots in Georgia have to be hand counted because we have no jurisdiction in Georgia.

If Twitter and Facebook were based in Florida, then they could write such laws. I don't know where they are actually at, I'm guessing in Silicon Valley somewhere, but a Florida legislature cannot write laws that pertain to a company in Silicon Valley. No court could enforce those laws because of jurisdiction.
They have jurisdiction in Florida though, so if Twitter fucks over a citizen there, they will be seud.

Deceptive trade? There’s no trading going on here.
Okay. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!
PERIOD!!!

I don't have time, nor do I care enough to educate you on deceptive trade practices. NOBODY who understand deceptive trade practices legislation would EVER say your comment above.
You’re flailing and this little outburst shows how shitty your argument is.
“Waaa!!!! I’m right and instead of making an argument I’m going to call you names!!!!”

Grow up, asshole.

This is 100% about government coming to take the power away from private industry. If the roles were reversed, you’d be threatening to shoot people again.

What exactly is being traded when someone posts on Facebook?
Tell me what you think Deceptive Trade Practices legislation is for.

Start there.

You can go look at Florida's Deceptive Trade Practices Act for starters.

I will wait for you to get caught up before we discuss this further.
Deceptive trade practices are to protect people from getting something different than what they paid for.

What do you think people who post on Facebook pay for?

Even worse for you, Facebook doesn't fit the description of a common carrier.
Clarence Thomas thinks that they should be considered a common carrier. But that was a minority opinion.

Justice Thomas suggests tech platforms qualify as 'common carrier...

The fact that Thomas is trying to make them a common carrier, proves that they are NOT currently a common carrier.

The same can be said about you, based on your replies in this very thread. You a butthurt because now Facebook has some accountability.
That's not what I'm butthurt about. Facebook is a blight. I don't use their website and I encourage others to do likewise. I'll be happy to see them go out of business.

What I am "butthurt" about is the radical expansion of state power over social media. There's basically no opposition to this power grab. And, despite the screeching accusations of certain morons on this board, I see Democrats as the bigger threat. They've never met a regulation they didn't like, and they'd love to establish government "oversight" regarding social media moderation. Political melodrama notwithstanding, they're on your side. In fact, I'll go on record with a long range prediction. IF this law stands in Florida, Democrats will introduce similar legislation at the Federal level before the end of the decade. Probably sooner.

You hate this not out of principle, but because you LOVED the legal means of silencing any opposing views.

Facebook can't silence opposing views. All they can do is delete them from their website. I'm surprised you can't understand the difference.

You're pissed because this law will force Facebook to stop lying to its users about its moderation policies and the real goals.

Nope. I'm pissed because this law will put every social website (like this one) under the government's thumb.

Facebook gave the communist left and anti-Trumptards a beautiful fiefdom of unchallenged propaganda presented as "FACT," and now they have to tell the fucking truth and THAT pisses YOU off. Be honest.

I am being honest.

Now, can you answer this question honestly? If the situation were reversed. If Facebook were run by the pillow guy, and they were removing BLM posts, banning socialist agitators, etc... And the Democrats proposed the same kind of legislation in retaliation - which side would you be on? Would you be on here making excuses for the law and lauding the sanctity of tort liability? Or would you be calling them on a statist power grab?

Forum List

Back