Hillary now says we need "TOUGH vetting" of refugees

It is a NEW thing with ISIS out there.
It is SAD we must now have to be so careful, because, yes, that has been our past, but things are DIFFERENT now. Until we can figure out how to destroy the enemy, we don't know who the enemy is sending in.
People call trumps proposal to ban Muslims from this country xeonophobic.

Continued intentional mis-representation of Trump's plan to make him seem like a racist.

Trump wants to delay...stop for a time...bringing in Muslims from civil-war-torn, terrorist-infested, American-hating nations / regions UNTIL they can me properly, THOROUGHLY vetted, ensuring they are no threat to Americans (unlike several Obama has brought / allowed into the country, resulting in the deaths of Americans).

Also, what kind of RESPONSIBLE, Thought-Out Plan is bringing hundreds of thousands of ILLEGALS and REFUGEES into the US and DUMPING them into communities without informing state and local governments that they are coming, which Barry has done?! WTF, Over?!
All empty words... How come trump hasn't laid out a plan? This topic has been out there for months, he has had plenty of time... Where's the breakdown of our current vetting process and his proposal on how he is going to make it extremely tough and bulletproof? All we get is hot air and "believe me"

Per your second question about what kind of plan brings them here... Simple answer, the US along with most civilized nations have been helping oppressed and suffering people for decades. This is isn't a new or a Obama thing. Even your golden boy Regan did it... Oh the horror
Don't feed into that isolationist rhetoric... Of course we need to be careful and safe. But we've always had threats and we always will have threats, both domestically and forgien. Nothing we can do is going to eliminate that. We need to always strive to do better and work to be safe but we shouldn't lose who we are as a nation in the process

When did Hillary decide to become a racist? That is after all what everyone calls Trump for his "EXTREME vetting" position.

I don't recall Clinton or anybody on the left calling for a lax vetting process. National security has always been a focus and we have had a pretty damn tough vetting process in place. Of course Trump acts like we know nothing and do nothing to vet but you don't think that's an honest assertion do you?

Infographic: The Screening Process for Refugee Entry into the United States

Yes, the regime just gave over 800 illegals citizenship when all of them were supposed to be deported...they'll kill us with the regimes incompetence.

No one has suggested a total ban. A suspension is just that, for those that cannot be vetted.

People really need to educate themselves, rather than believe every tom, dick, and harry, with an agenda, as to what their opponents have actually said/suggested.
So you know better than the fbi, cia?

How do you vet from a country that is in shambles? Who can give us info on these people? Surely, Assad, this admin enemy, isn't going to be offering any help. Where do you get info on people that come from a country whose govt buildings have been destroyed? Stop people on the street and hope they tell you the truth?
Pretty tough? You mean the vetting that is almost impossible according to James Comey, FBI director...

Senior Obama officials have warned of challenges in screening refugees from Syria
FBI admits there's no way to screen all incoming Syrian refugees

When did Hillary decide to become a racist? That is after all what everyone calls Trump for his "EXTREME vetting" position.

I don't recall Clinton or anybody on the left calling for a lax vetting process. National security has always been a focus and we have had a pretty damn tough vetting process in place. Of course Trump acts like we know nothing and do nothing to vet but you don't think that's an honest assertion do you?

Notice how much talk and bitching there is about the vetting yet nobody breaks it down and analyzes the process I've linked to. Nobody is proposing ways to improve it. I bet most people who are upset about it don't even know what it is we are currently doing. They just feed into Trumps blister that everything is crap and everybody is incompetent... Screw the details
I'm not an expert on this nor have I been exposed to the process first hand so I'm not going to pretend to know it all. My opinion is that if there is doubt, lack of info, or any psychological red flags then the individual doesn't get in. For the women, children, elderly, and verifiable males that need help and can pass the vetting process, they should get in. And I'm all for making improvements to our process. Don't think we need a ban to figure it out.

Oh, please. Don't you fall into the trap of believing those that don't care to give the real truth of what others have said.
Today is not the same as yesterday. New methods for vetting have to be instituted before these blanket clearances are given. What those are? You and I don't know, but until better vetting can be done, certain people should not be allowed in.
Look at what DHS just admitted to! Over 800 immigrants they originally vetted, are now citizens that were due to be deported! By mistake!
It is SAD we must now have to be so careful, because, yes, that has been our past, but things are DIFFERENT now. Until we can figure out how to destroy the enemy, we don't know who the enemy is sending in.

Continued intentional mis-representation of Trump's plan to make him seem like a racist.

Trump wants to delay...stop for a time...bringing in Muslims from civil-war-torn, terrorist-infested, American-hating nations / regions UNTIL they can me properly, THOROUGHLY vetted, ensuring they are no threat to Americans (unlike several Obama has brought / allowed into the country, resulting in the deaths of Americans).

Also, what kind of RESPONSIBLE, Thought-Out Plan is bringing hundreds of thousands of ILLEGALS and REFUGEES into the US and DUMPING them into communities without informing state and local governments that they are coming, which Barry has done?! WTF, Over?!
All empty words... How come trump hasn't laid out a plan? This topic has been out there for months, he has had plenty of time... Where's the breakdown of our current vetting process and his proposal on how he is going to make it extremely tough and bulletproof? All we get is hot air and "believe me"

Per your second question about what kind of plan brings them here... Simple answer, the US along with most civilized nations have been helping oppressed and suffering people for decades. This is isn't a new or a Obama thing. Even your golden boy Regan did it... Oh the horror
Don't feed into that isolationist rhetoric... Of course we need to be careful and safe. But we've always had threats and we always will have threats, both domestically and forgien. Nothing we can do is going to eliminate that. We need to always strive to do better and work to be safe but we shouldn't lose who we are as a nation in the process

Yes, the regime just gave over 800 illegals citizenship when all of them were supposed to be deported...they'll kill us with the regimes incompetence.
Over 800?!? Wow, that's devastating. Reagan and the 3 million he gave amnesty to are probably probably freaking out

Over 800?!? Wow, that's devastating. Reagan and the 3 million he gave amnesty to are probably probably freaking out
Your incompetence shows...again!

No one has suggested a total ban. A suspension is just that, for those that cannot be vetted.

People really need to educate themselves, rather than believe every tom, dick, and harry, with an agenda, as to what their opponents have actually said/suggested.

How do you vet from a country that is in shambles? Who can give us info on these people? Surely, Assad, this admin enemy, isn't going to be offering any help. Where do you get info on people that come from a country whose govt buildings have been destroyed? Stop people on the street and hope they tell you the truth?
Pretty tough? You mean the vetting that is almost impossible according to James Comey, FBI director...

Senior Obama officials have warned of challenges in screening refugees from Syria
FBI admits there's no way to screen all incoming Syrian refugees

Notice how much talk and bitching there is about the vetting yet nobody breaks it down and analyzes the process I've linked to. Nobody is proposing ways to improve it. I bet most people who are upset about it don't even know what it is we are currently doing. They just feed into Trumps blister that everything is crap and everybody is incompetent... Screw the details
I'm not an expert on this nor have I been exposed to the process first hand so I'm not going to pretend to know it all. My opinion is that if there is doubt, lack of info, or any psychological red flags then the individual doesn't get in. For the women, children, elderly, and verifiable males that need help and can pass the vetting process, they should get in. And I'm all for making improvements to our process. Don't think we need a ban to figure it out.
I've heard exactly what Trump has said... You really can't see how he is exploiting this situation? His whole campaign is riding on the back of calling our current government incompetent.... I guess if he says it enough people will start to believe it. And I'm actually fine with pointing out problems. We have plenty of them and Trump has brought some good concerns into the limelight. Problem is all he does is complain in a very manipulative and dostorted way. Very little substance and solutions.

What is his refuge solution, the extreme vetting, ask them about their religious views?? So what add a couple questions to the application form? Ok, fine, do it... Why do we need a ban and suspension? It's all smoke and mirrors

Oh, please. Don't you fall into the trap of believing those that don't care to give the real truth of what others have said.
Today is not the same as yesterday. New methods for vetting have to be instituted before these blanket clearances are given. What those are? You and I don't know, but until better vetting can be done, certain people should not be allowed in.
Look at what DHS just admitted to! Over 800 immigrants they originally vetted, are now citizens that were due to be deported! By mistake!

I agree, lets work to make our vetting better and our border more secure. I'm all for it... So what fist? What is wrong or what would you like to improve with this process?

Well, I consider them incompetent when they grant over 800 immigrants, in which vetting failed, due for deportation are mistakenly granted citizenship, instead of deported, and they admit some may even have security clearances. What do you call it? Competent?

I've heard exactly what Trump has said... You really can't see how he is exploiting this situation? His whole campaign is riding on the back of calling our current government incompetent.... I guess if he says it enough people will start to believe it. And I'm actually fine with pointing out problems. We have plenty of them and Trump has brought some good concerns into the limelight. Problem is all he does is complain in a very manipulative and dostorted way. Very little substance and solutions.

What is his refuge solution, the extreme vetting, ask them about their religious views?? So what add a couple questions to the application form? Ok, fine, do it... Why do we need a ban and suspension? It's all smoke and mirrors

Grampa,

Descent catch but there is a few flaws... Vetting for refugees is pretty tough today, it is lengthy and not so straight forward...

If you really were a terrorist you come to America on a Holiday visa and overstay if you have to... Easy pick up from Embassy, no vetting worth a crap and off you go...

That is why the 911 hijackers were all on holiday visas...

Clinton just said this as a no lose soundbite...

I agree, lets work to make our vetting better and our border more secure. I'm all for it... So what fist?
Secure the borders.
Delay anyone coming in from Syria, Somalia, etc until thorough vetting can be accomplished
If thorough vetting can not be done because of a lack of documents it is OK to NOT let someone in
Work with the UN to make a place for refugees in Europe, or even a corner of Syria.

Well, I consider them incompetent when they grant over 800 immigrants, in which vetting failed, due for deportation are mistakenly granted citizenship, instead of deported, and they admit some may even have security clearances. What do you call it? Competent?

That sounds like a mistake. Is that a systemic problem or a personnel error? If systemic we assign more people to double check the process, replace the manager/director in charge and/or identify the source of the mistake and fix it.

What do you think?

I'm going to guess that "Tough Vetting" means a donation of at least $5,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

When did she oppose vetting refugees?
Her plan is and has been continuing Barry's plan...just more of them. Barry has proved his 'vetting' process BLOWS! Her decision to bring in more has not been deterred by terrorist attacks...but this 3-attack weekend FINALLY has her speaking out publicly about wanting to vette.

No one has suggested that. A suspension from Syria and Libya is not a stop. Sadly, I have to go to a UK paper to get the facts of what he has suggested-

As a safeguard, the Republican nominee announced that his administration would suspend immigration from Syria and Libya. Those seeking to enter the US would be subject to an “extreme vetting” process that Trump emphasized would be “so tough”.

Before being accepted, applicants would submit to an “ideological certification” that would ensure that those who are admitted “share our values and love our people”. Trump said immigrants would face questions about honor killings, their view on “women and gays and minorities” as well as their attitudes on “radical Islam”.

Trump and Syrian refugees in the US: separating the facts from fiction

OK, we are slowly leading this jackass to 'water', and she's finally taken a 'sip'....now let's see if we can get her to 'DRINK'...

It only took another 3 terrorist attacks (2 bombings and 1 stabbing) to get the clueless bi@tch to realize, 'Hey, maybe actually thoroughly VETTING these people coming from war-torn, heavily terrorist American-hating nations is a good idea'!

NOW Let's see if we can get her to see that doing so BEFORE we bring them into the US, as Trump wants to do, is an even BETTER idea!
The MN stabber came here as a child. Shall we stop letting in all Muslim kids, in the event they are radicalized when they grow up?
Since the MN attack was by a Somali and the NYC bombings were by an Afghani, Trump's big idea would not have stopped either.

I agree, lets work to make our vetting better and our border more secure. I'm all for it... So what fist?
Secure the borders.
Delay anyone coming in from Syria, Somalia, etc until thorough vetting can be accomplished
If thorough vetting can not be done because of a lack of documents it is OK to NOT let someone in
Work with the UN to make a place for refugees in Europe, or even a corner of Syria.
What accomplishes the thorough vetting?

What changes do you want to make to:

Since the MN attack was by a Somali and the NYC bombings were by an Afghani, Trump's big idea would not have stopped either.
How do you figure? Were both of these people thoroughly vetted? Were the Somali's parents thoroughly vetted? Not taking people from Somalia (a heavily-terrorist infested area) but locating them to somewhere other than the US could have. There are a lot of 'if's and 'but's that can be argued that prove your statement is not necessarily true.

Forum List

Back