How did you become a US citizen?

All this hate is being spewed against illegal aliens in this country.

Many of these haters became US citizens not by serving in our military, not by taking some long difficult course of study, not by working for a certain number of years......

They are US citizens because their Mommy spit them out on US soil or mommy or daddy is a US citizen.

Wow, that took a lot of effort.

Many illegals risked their lives, went through an ordeal of some kind to come to America to help their families & in the hopes of their children having a better life. They actually put out far far far far more effort than the haters.

Some live a meager lifestyle while sending money they earned backed to their families in their home country. I once worked for a company in Houston that hired a lot of Hispanics. in their manufacturing facilities. I have no clue as to their legal status but they were workers. They worked hard & when asked to work overtime when needed, they were all in.

We really need to stand back & analyze our thoughts & feelings toward these people.

Especially the young children they brought with them that have lived most of their lives as American ad have no memories of their homeland. This is their homeland.

I am sure most of the responders will have a fit & cry about their legality. How dare these people come here & take what you earned. Earned? Earned by being born here. Wow, ain't that something to be so proud of. When asked: "What was one of your greatest accomplishments?" and you answer "I was born a US citizen.", Really?

Climb down of your high horses & be realistic. There is not need for the hate & bigotry. If you were born in a poor part of Mexico, would you come here to help your family?

If the US economy tanked while Canada's soared, would you sneak into Canada to take a job paying 5 times what your current job pays to support your family?

This bigotry & hate spread by Trump & his followers needs to end.

what a bunch of bullshit. No one hates illegals. All we want is for our immigration laws to be enforced. the vast majority of immigrants are good, hard working people, the kind of people we want and need in this country. Just enter legally and all will be fine.

As to the 14th amendment "citizens by birth". Something needs to be done so that the ones that are productive in this country are allowed to stay and get some short path to citizenship (legally).

If the left and the dems would stop screaming hate and posting BS, this could easily be resolved.

get the fuckin politics out of it and get it done.
"no one hates illegals" Wow.

Denial much?

Many of these haters became US citizens not by serving in our military, not by taking some long difficult course of study, not by working for a certain number of years......

They are US citizens because their Mommy spit them out on US soil or mommy or daddy is a US citizen.

Many illegals risked their lives, went through an ordeal of some kind to come to America to help their families & in the hopes of their children having a better life. They actually put out far far far far more effort than the haters.

Some live a meager lifestyle while sending money they earned backed to their families in their home country. I once worked for a company in Houston that hired a lot of Hispanics. in their manufacturing facilities. I have no clue as to their legal status but they were workers. They worked hard & when asked to work overtime when needed, they were all in.

We really need to stand back & analyze our thoughts & feelings toward these people.

Especially the young children they brought with them that have lived most of their lives as American ad have no memories of their homeland. This is their homeland.

I am sure most of the responders will have a fit & cry about their legality. How dare these people come here & take what you earned. Earned? Earned by being born here. Wow, ain't that something to be so proud of. When asked: "What was one of your greatest accomplishments?" and you answer "I was born a US citizen.", Really?

Climb down of your high horses & be realistic. There is not need for the hate & bigotry. If you were born in a poor part of Mexico, would you come here to help your family?

If the US economy tanked while Canada's soared, would you sneak into Canada to take a job paying 5 times what your current job pays to support your family?

My Italian Grandmother came here through Ellis Island in the 1900's, after her father came here the same way and worked for a few years.
My Irish Grandfather came here legally in the 1920's to escape the Irish Civil War, we think he was on the losing side
My Irish Grandmother came here legally in the 1920's to find work with her sister
My Italian Great-great Grandfather on the Italian side was supposedly "volunteered" into the US Navy from an Italian ship, and came here when it went home.

3 of the 4 came here the right way, the last one stayed here probably after being impressed into naval service.

My Italian Grandmother came here through Ellis Island in the 1900's, after her father came here the same way and worked for a few years.
My Irish Grandfather came here legally in the 1920's to escape the Irish Civil War, we think he was on the losing side
My Irish Grandmother came here legally in the 1920's to find work with her sister
My Italian Great-great Grandfather on the Italian side was supposedly "volunteered" into the US Navy from an Italian ship, and came here when it went home.

3 of the 4 came here the right way, the last one stayed here probably after being impressed into naval service.
And you?

Those people earned the right to trash those who took the short cut. What did you do?

And you?

Those people earned the right to trash those who took the short cut. What did you do?

I earned it via them coming here the right way. It's their gift to me passed down from my parents.

what a bunch of bullshit. No one hates illegals. All we want is for our immigration laws to be enforced. the vast majority of immigrants are good, hard working people, the kind of people we want and need in this country. Just enter legally and all will be fine.

As to the 14th amendment "citizens by birth". Something needs to be done so that the ones that are productive in this country are allowed to stay and get some short path to citizenship (legally).

If the left and the dems would stop screaming hate and posting BS, this could easily be resolved.

Denial much?

who do you think hates them? you can acknowledge that someone has committed a criminal act without hating the criminal.

you are a pathetic little person. All the hate in the current national dialog is coming from the left. you lefties hate Trump, you hate white people, you hate corporations, you hate rich people(except hollyloonies), you hate profit, you hate business, you hate, you hate, you hate.

liberalism is truly a mental disease.

Denial much?

who do you think hates them? you can acknowledge that someone has committed a criminal act without hating the criminal.

you are a pathetic little person. All the hate in the current national dialog is coming from the left. you lefties hate Trump, you hate white people, you hate corporations, you hate rich people(except hollyloonies), you hate profit, you hate business, you hate, you hate, you hate.

Denial much?

So, no one hates the illegals.

Really?

If you & your ilk are going to spew slurs & bigotry, you should man the fuck up & admit it instead of running away & acting like sniveling little girls.

Trumpism is not a disease. It is gross stupidity, ignorance & chickenshit behavior.

And you?

I earned it via them coming here the right way. It's their gift to me passed down from my parents.

So you did nothing. Why are you afraid to admit that?

Denial much?

So, no one hates the illegals.

Really?

If you & your ilk are going to spew slurs & bigotry, you should man the fuck up & admit it instead of running away & acting like sniveling little girls.

Trumpism is not a disease. It is gross stupidity, ignorance & chickenshit behavior.

If they are "hated" its because they are criminals, not because they are Mexican or Honduran or guatamalan.

I don't think its hate, its a dislike of anyone who violates our laws, citizen or not.

the hate in this debate is all coming from you on the left. You hate Trump because he beat your wonderful Hillary. Admit that and we can continue to talk.

And you?

if he was the child of people here legally, what do you think he needed to DO?

the DACA kids did nothing illegal, on that we agree. But their parents did and their parents should be held responsible for breaking our immigration laws. I know they did it to find a better life for their kids. that does not excuse the crime. Should we open our borders to the millions in the world who would like to come here for a better life? No limits? Think for just a minute about what you are asking for.

Are you saying I can go buy a home in Mexico and move my family there if it means a better life for them? Hell with their immigration laws. They were just born there. So what does it really mean to be a Mexican citizen anyways?
What your saying basically is that being a citizen of any country means nothing. What is the problem you have with citizens who come here legally? Why does addressing illegal immigration become equated with Hate and Bigotry? It seems like when any conservative raises their voice or speaks about anything with passion its simply passed off as "An Angry White Male" Go back and look at all the past video clips of Hillary Clinton and Obama saying that Illegal immigration is a serious matter and needs to be dealt with. Well, that was said when it was politically expedient for them.

People can still come here legally from Mexico, it's fine.

Look, dipstick, Americans retire in Mexico all the time. The claim was that Mexico would not allow immigration to their countrtyu.

Try to keep up.

What I am saying, is yes they are illegal but they do not deserve the hate your ilk puts on them every freaking day.

If you can't see the hate in the previous posts then perhaps you are part of that problem.

Sure Americans retire there Legally, or do they just cross the border whenever they feel like it? I have no problem at all with anyone coming here legally. Not supprising the Mexican government would be receptive of Americans because they have a ton of money to spend there, but how does it go for Guatemalans who cross the border? or other "browns" from south of Mexico? they're not going to be so welcome. When it comes to those people Mexican citizenship is going to mean something.
Again, asking for systematic legal immigration is not hate, I think you guys are very confused

Legally is the only answer you need.

And you?

I didn't have to. My ancestors did it for me, the right way.

And you?

if he was the child of people here legally, what do you think he needed to DO?

the DACA kids did nothing illegal, on that we agree. But their parents did and their parents should be held responsible for breaking our immigration laws. I know they did it to find a better life for their kids. that does not excuse the crime. Should we open our borders to the millions in the world who would like to come here for a better life? No limits? Think for just a minute about what you are asking for.

As I've posted before, if the kids think it is so great here, let them do 4 years in the armed forces, 4 years in the peace corp, or 4 years in some in-country National Service organization (like the WPA from the 30's) to show how much they want to stay here.

They do that? They get a green card and a path to citizenship.

My grandparents came here in the early part of the 20th century.
The only difference between then and now is policy.
Your ancestors disembarked, processed through the facility and were citizens at the end of the line.

Now it take a decade just to get a green card and another to achieve citizenship. Certainly we could do better.

wrong, they were not "citizens at the end of the line". They had to apply, study, and pass a test to become citizens.

unless you want to go back to the 1700s, you are wrong.

the "citizen at birth" came about so that freed slaves would be citizens. It was never intended to confer citizenship to children of those here illegally.

I do agree that we need to fix the mess.

The portion of the 14th amendment dealing with citizenship was intended solely to give the former slaves which had been considered property instead of people under the Dred Scott decision citizenship after the 13th amendment abolished slavery. Any other use of it goes beyond what the purpose of it was designed to do.

Are you saying I can go buy a home in Mexico and move my family there if it means a better life for them? Hell with their immigration laws. They were just born there. So what does it really mean to be a Mexican citizen anyways?
What your saying basically is that being a citizen of any country means nothing. What is the problem you have with citizens who come here legally? Why does addressing illegal immigration become equated with Hate and Bigotry? It seems like when any conservative raises their voice or speaks about anything with passion its simply passed off as "An Angry White Male" Go back and look at all the past video clips of Hillary Clinton and Obama saying that Illegal immigration is a serious matter and needs to be dealt with. Well, that was said when it was politically expedient for them.

Look, dipstick, Americans retire in Mexico all the time. The claim was that Mexico would not allow immigration to their countrtyu.

Try to keep up.

What I am saying, is yes they are illegal but they do not deserve the hate your ilk puts on them every freaking day.

If you can't see the hate in the previous posts then perhaps you are part of that problem.

They have strict policies.....you can't vote or hold a government job....or run for political office....or get welfare benefits....you just get to pay taxes...

But you can go there. A legal resident/non citizen here can't vote or get welfare benefits.

Bullshit. I guess all those billions spent on welfare for them is a made up number according to you?

Try to keep up.

Sure Americans retire there Legally, or do they just cross the border whenever they feel like it? I have no problem at all with anyone coming here legally. Not supprising the Mexican government would be receptive of Americans because they have a ton of money to spend there, but how does it go for Guatemalans who cross the border? or other "browns" from south of Mexico? they're not going to be so welcome. When it comes to those people Mexican citizenship is going to mean something.
Again, asking for systematic legal immigration is not hate, I think you guys are very confused

I just did. I drove the border check point into Mexico. Didn't even have to stop.

To deny the hatred is just childish.

Eveidently, you ignore the slurs. You even ignore your stupid President when hew said they were mostly criminals & rapists.

Forum List

Back