Zone1 I asked a protestant to tell me when his church began, why it doesn't go back to the Beginning

whats that got to do with what I said???

christianity is the religion and everything else came after that and why theirs didnt go back to the beginning,, in the beginning none of them existed and as cultures grew they made up their own versions of it,,
Jesus.. What? You are saying HE didn't KNOW this would happen?

No, even He said "I will BUILD My Chuch.." sounds like a process to me..

and the very "gates of Hell will not prevail against it" (Mt 16:18)

So Jesus knew that His Church would grow, that it would not resemble what it started out as

Jesus gave a commandment to do ALL things in his name. For Catholics, they heard, "Do all things in my name unless it's inconvenient to you."

Jewish leaders do not go around attacking Christian leaders. JW's go around attacking Christian leaders and anyone else in their way. Jews need Christians for protection here in American and in Israel.

No they dont attack them, but they have told them many times through the centuries their God is false. Not the Abrahamic God of Israel.

Jesus gave a commandment to do ALL things in his name. For Catholics....
And you don't think Catholics do anything in Jesus' name. Shrug. Did you look intently, listen carefully...yet see or hear nothing? Perhaps if you continue calling out, "Lord, Lord" and judging others? Go in peace.

Worshipping Jesus is going back to the beginning. The question "why it doesn't go back to the beginning" is invalid. It is the introduction extraneous, foreign elements between the beginning and now that is to be questioned (things such as heads of state (Vatican), 'golden books', etc.).

My main issue with the RCC is that they are one of the most corrupt institutions in history.

I mean they literally made an agreement with the Axis powers to not speak out against them in exchange for national sovereignty.

More recently, they have protect pedophiles and child molesters. This has been proven to be a premeditated act by church leaders. In the US, there is a growing call to charge the church as a criminal syndicate under the RICO act.

In the US, there is a growing call to charge the church as a criminal syndicate under the RICO act.
Are you suggesting the US government can charge the Vatican? Or, are you referencing a suit filed against the Diocese of Buffalo, NY which I believe was settled a week ago? In either case, I am not seeing news about a "growing call". Also wonder if listing actions might find the US government bureaucracies guiltier of violating the RICO act than any Church action.

The Catholics do need to get their house in order...and with the current slate of Cardinals it likely is not going to happen.

So I imagine we will see such things as game shows featuring the topic of Catholic Priests as

"Thanks Alex, I'll take Pedophile Priests for $600"
"Congratulations, you just hit the daily double."....

My main issue with the RCC is that they are one of the most corrupt institutions in history.

I mean they literally made an agreement with the Axis powers to not speak out against them in exchange for national sovereignty.

More recently, they have protect pedophiles and child molesters. This has been proven to be a premeditated act by church leaders. In the US, there is a growing call to charge the church as a criminal syndicate under the RICO act.
show evidence of what you allege here. Otherwise, I will not pay the least attn

Also, there's this little factoid: No "church" run by humans is ever free of the sin that clings to them (often because they don't want to get rid of it)

Sigh. Perhaps become a little more up-to-date than the scandals that took place in the late 1900s.
another result of Vatican II: pedophile priests.

It only stands to reason that if anti-Christ persons or groups infiltrated at Vatican II which they undeniably DID, we would get pedophile priests and God knows what else. I have horror stories from my time in the novus ordo that would make your skin crawl, that actually had nothing to do with pedophilia. But there is no focus on that.. long story..

In any case, anti-Catholics won a lot of concessions @ Vatican II

and we are surprised at the detritus thereof?

No Catholic would be.. if they only knew the details on that bastard Council (which I myself only learned of late in the 'game")

The Catholics do need to get their house in order...and with the current slate of Cardinals it likely is not going to happen.

So I imagine we will see such things as game shows featuring the topic of Catholic Priests as

"Thanks Alex, I'll take Pedophile Priests for $600"
"Congratulations, you just hit the daily double."....
you seem to imply other "churches" do not need to reform

you seem to imply other "churches" do not need to reform
Methodists are also having issues...the original group might find themselves bankrupt soon enough for the way they are acting.

The other large group that is in trouble is the Charismatic churches. I don't know of a time when they weren't in trouble for some form of sexual misconduct within the clergy....everything from wife swapping deacons and elders to pedophilia...and of course blaming the women the whole time. (As if...the guys were just as guilty if not more so)

The latest brew ha with the SBC is a "nothing burger" that stems from the constant elections they have as well as the lack of any real power in the Presidency of the organization. The legal team that advises the SBC has more power than the president and they work as employees. Which is how the whole mess got started and cleared. The law firm just Lexus/Nexus searched newspapers for articles and names and created a database of those names over the years of pastoral staff convicted or accused.
When discovering that there was a list that had been made of staff in Baptist churches...it became made public immediately. Any church that chooses to be a member of the Southern Baptist Convention is still an autonomous church...fully self governing. And all churches are advised to get a full background check on any person that they wish to have engaged in their ministry ranks...from Sunday School teachers to Pastor....and most do so. But some churches don't heed the warnings and become magnets for the sexual deviants. (They are autonomous and do as they please)

No they dont attack them, but they have told them many times through the centuries their God is false. Not the Abrahamic God of Israel.
That's attacking their faith. So rude! By the way, many of the underground channels to help Jews escape Germany and other countries under Nazi control were Catholics. If they didn't help JW's maybe you shouldn't poke the bear :poke:

And you don't think Catholics do anything in Jesus' name. Shrug. Did you look intently, listen carefully...yet see or hear nothing? Perhaps if you continue calling out, "Lord, Lord" and judging others? Go in peace.
Catholics didn't name His Church, The Church of Jesus Christ's. So, The Roman Catholic Church is not the Lord's Church. All ordinances performed have no authority such as baptism and conformation.

Methodists are also having issues...the original group might find themselves bankrupt soon enough for the way they are acting.

The other large group that is in trouble is the Charismatic churches. I don't know of a time when they weren't in trouble for some form of sexual misconduct within the clergy....everything from wife swapping deacons and elders to pedophilia...and of course blaming the women the whole time. (As if...the guys were just as guilty if not more so)

The latest brew ha with the SBC is a "nothing burger" that stems from the constant elections they have as well as the lack of any real power in the Presidency of the organization. The legal team that advises the SBC has more power than the president and they work as employees. Which is how the whole mess got started and cleared. The law firm just Lexus/Nexus searched newspapers for articles and names and created a database of those names over the years of pastoral staff convicted or accused.
When discovering that there was a list that had been made of staff in Baptist churches...it became made public immediately. Any church that chooses to be a member of the Southern Baptist Convention is still an autonomous church...fully self governing. And all churches are advised to get a full background check on any person that they wish to have engaged in their ministry ranks...from Sunday School teachers to Pastor....and most do so. But some churches don't heed the warnings and become magnets for the sexual deviants. (They are autonomous and do as they please)
well, that was informative.. not fun but informative

I'm not even sure I u/stand it all. But one thing I know is that at some point, those who truly love Jesus will be disillusioned w/ ANY Church or place of worship because of course there is something in all of them that

jus aint right... jis aint right.. namely, humans

That's attacking their faith. So rude! By the way, many of the underground channels to help Jews escape Germany and other countries under Nazi control were Catholics. If they didn't help JW's maybe you shouldn't poke the bear :poke:

They killed the members of their own religion for Hitler= 100% darkness.

Yet, none of you can keep the most simple commandment to do all things Jesus Christ's name.
Neither do you or The Church of Joseph Smith

You clearly don't understand what it means to "do all things in Jesus' name."

It certainly didn't mean name your church after Him.

The ONLY name God's Church has ever been, is "the Church of God"

Jesus ALWAYS pointed people to the Father, including in prayer

Forum List

Back