Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Since you've proved yourself to be a habitual and deplorable liar by continually making false claims against me, there's zero reason I should believe anything you write. Heck, even your username is a lie.

It has been five days deadbeat......

There is no more evidence to be gathered. If they were going to press charges, they would have

Pay up
1) Proving I'm correct about your habitual lying since 6 months was the agreed upon time limit.

2) If there's no more evidence to be gathered, then why did Dao's ambulance chasers ask for a bunch of evidence to be collected? Secondly, evidence collection is only the first step to filing charges. The Wheels of Bureaucratic Justice grind slowly.
I never agreed to six months
Only a deadbeat looking for me to forget the bet would propose something like that
Dao's lawyers are looking for blood evidence, eyewitness testimony and other records that may be destroyed. It has been firmly established that Dao told them to fuck themselves when they tried to force him off the plane .......if they were going to charge him over it, they would have charged him four days ago

pay up deadbeat
Translation: I lied, as usual, and never took the bet seriously. I would never have paid you be it $25M, the $25 Gold Membership you offered to bet or even 25 cents because I'm exactly what I project on everyone else -- a fucking deadbeat scumbag liar and cheat.

Sad that you have so little self-respect that you feel compelled to lie about yourself and others. While it's possible you cannot help yourself due a mental issue, clearly your behavior on this and the other United Express 3411 thread has been odd to say the least.

Example: your insistence that this was a United flight which chose to wait for a Republic crew even though I've corrected you at least four times including providing evidence.

Here is additional evidence that this was a Republic flight: 'Infuriated' United pilots union slams cops for forcibly dragging passenger from plane

On Thursday, United Airlines' pilots broke their silence on the violent removal of David Dao from Flight 3411.

"The safety and well-being of our passengers is the highest priority for United pilots, and this should not have escalated into a violent encounter," United Master Executive Council, the union representing the airline's 12,500 pilots, wrote in a letter.

"United pilots are infuriated by this event."

At the same time, the pilots sought to clarify their view of the situation.

"This occurred on one of our contracted Express carriers, separately owned and operated by Republic Airline, and was ultimately caused by the grossly inappropriate response by the Chicago Department of Aviation," the pilots wrote......

....This occurred on an Express flight operated by Republic Airline, as such, the flight crew and cabin crew of Flight 3411 are employees of Republic Airline, not United Airlines...

...On April 9, 2017, United Express Flight 3411, operated by Republic, was preparing to depart Chicago O'Hare (ORD) to Louisville (SDF). Republic Airline made the decision to assign four of their crewmembers to deadhead on Flight 3411 within minutes of the scheduled departure. Although four passengers would have to be removed from this flight to accommodate the Republic crew, the goal was to get the other 70 passengers on their way to SDF and ensure a flight crew needed the next day would also be in place. By all reports, the Republic flight crew was courteous and calm throughout the event, and three passengers left the flight voluntarily for compensation. After repeatedly asking the fourth passenger to give up his seat to no avail, the gate agent requested the assistance of law enforcement.

Like I predicted from the start...you are a deadbeat
I have been able to spot them for years as they prance around USMB daring people to bet them

More than just the price of the ticket, the length of time to your "re accommodation" should be considered. 20 hours is a long time

mostly.......the worth of the compensation should be what the market will bear.....let the bidding begin
In the Liberal world where you just print more money, that might work. In the real world, business managers have a fiduciary duty to their investors and/or stock shareholders. Cheaper to just cancel the flight on the rare occasion when they need to move a crew on a full flight.
Yes...accommodating those penny pinchers really worked out for United
Yes, they should have deplaned everyone and either delayed or canceled the flight. It's not United's or Republic's fault the City of Chicago fucked up.

If you really are a frequent flyer, then your experiences are going to get worse because of this; namely more delays and cancellations....and you can thank David Dao and everyone who believes he had a "right" to that seat for it.

Why flying in America keeps getting more miserable, explained
.....The airline industry, unfortunately, suffers from some serious business model flaws ā€” most notably very high fixed costs in the form of buying and maintaining aircraft, and the problem that a half-empty flight is almost as expensive to operate as a full one.

Most of us fondly remember a time in the not-so-distant past when the United States had many more airlines and much more vigorous competition between them. This was a true blessing for consumers, but it was genuinely unworkable economically ā€” the consumer bounty was based on investors, bondholders, and unionized workers losing money.

So weā€™re now shifting into an uncomfortable era of consolidation, diminished competition, higher prices, more profits, and fewer choices. And even if choice were revived by future policymakers, experience suggests that travelers will choose lower prices over higher quality, leaving air travel a perennially frustrating experience.

United suffered the downside of efficiency
The practice of ā€œoverbookingā€ flights ā€” selling more tickets than there are seats available ā€” strikes almost everyone as mildly outrageous whenever it results in someone getting bumped.

The economic case for it is, however, fairly ironclad. Itā€™s simply not that uncommon for a ticketed passenger to not show up for a flight due to illness or some external change of plans. Customers also value the opportunity to reschedule flights for less than the full price of buying a brand new ticket. Meanwhile, the profit-maximizing strategy for first-class seats is generally to price them so high that they donā€™t sell out, and then offer a few lucky passengers free upgrades ā€” immediately freeing up space in apparently overbooked economy cabins ā€” as a privilege of their advanced frequent flier status.

An airline could, of course, refuse to overbook as a matter of policy. This would result in flying planes that were substantially less full, on average, without meaningfully reducing operating costs. Ticket prices would need to be higher as a result. No airline has seen this as a winning strategy in the marketplace, and regulators havenā€™t tried to impose it on them.

The United flight in question turns out not to have been overbooked, merely full, but United realized it needed to move some crew to Louisville to operate subsequent flights. As aviation blogger Gary Leff writes, ā€œIf the employees didnā€™t get to Louisville, a whole plane load of passengers were going to be ā€˜bumpedā€™ when that flight was canceled, and likely other passengers on other flights using that aircraft would have their own important travel plans screwed up as well.ā€

In principle, of course, the crew could have simply made the four-hour drive, but airline personnel generally have unions and collective bargaining agreements that mandate minimum standards of treatment for crew members who need to be shuffled around.

Kicking a few passengers off a full plane to move crew to Louisville is, for better or for worse, what an efficiently run airline looks like. They didnā€™t have tons of spare crew members hanging around in a small airport like Louisville just ready to fill in at a momentā€™s notice. And they didnā€™t have tons of unsold seats on flights the crew members could take. The needs of the many customers who would otherwise have been stranded in Kentucky outweighed the needs of the few who were kicked off the flight to Chicago. The system, in a sense, was working as designed.

The shocking video images of a noncompliant customer being forcibly dragged off a plane, his head injured and his face bloodied, reflected some longstanding problems with the Chicago police, but it also represented a collision between the logic of optimal management of airline resources and the needs of actual human beings......

....And as industry consolidation has gained steam, the most important upstart challenger to the big four is Spirit Airlines, which offers rock-bottom prices and generally gets poor marks for quality. In theory, it should be possible for a new entrant to the aviation industry to come in at the high end, offering a superior product to customers who are willing to pay for it. But efforts to compete this way ā€” from MGM Grand Airlines and the Trump Shuttle in the 1980s to Virgin America in our time ā€” have consistently failed.

Beyond the behavior of the police, a critically important issue outside the scope of aviation policy, the United disaster basically touches on a series of travel frustrations related to redundancy.

A pleasant airline to fly on would routinely have empty seats on its planes so nobody would have to get bumped and it would be easy to reschedule. Flights would be frequent, so if you did need to miss a flight, you could take a later one without huge problems. Spare aircraft would be sufficiently abundant that mechanical problems wouldnā€™t lead to huge delays or cascading series of missed connections. And staff would be abundant enough that the inevitable vagaries of illness, traffic jams, and bad weather wouldnā€™t force airlines to hurriedly shift employees from one airport to another.

Airlines clearly could build that kind of redundancy into their systems. Indeed, the logistics of doing so would be fairly trivial compared with the enormous technical challenges involved in safely moving hundreds of passengers at high speeds through the air while serving them hot coffee and listening to their complaints about the bad wifi.

But to do so would cost money. Less overselling of seats and more padding of schedules for crew and equipment would ultimate translate to higher fares. Thatā€™s a price we pretty clearly could bear as a society if we chose to, but as consumers we have collectively and repeatedly chosen not to. Instead, wherever competition has reared its head in the industry, the mass market has aimed for low prices above all else, followed by a vigorous culture of collective complaining when something goes wrong.

Since you've proved yourself to be a habitual and deplorable liar by continually making false claims against me, there's zero reason I should believe anything you write. Heck, even your username is a lie.

There is no more evidence to be gathered. If they were going to press charges, they would have

Pay up
1) Proving I'm correct about your habitual lying since 6 months was the agreed upon time limit.

2) If there's no more evidence to be gathered, then why did Dao's ambulance chasers ask for a bunch of evidence to be collected? Secondly, evidence collection is only the first step to filing charges. The Wheels of Bureaucratic Justice grind slowly.
Only a deadbeat looking for me to forget the bet would propose something like that
Dao's lawyers are looking for blood evidence, eyewitness testimony and other records that may be destroyed. It has been firmly established that Dao told them to fuck themselves when they tried to force him off the plane .......if they were going to charge him over it, they would have charged him four days ago

pay up deadbeat
Translation: I lied, as usual, and never took the bet seriously. I would never have paid you be it $25M, the $25 Gold Membership you offered to bet or even 25 cents because I'm exactly what I project on everyone else -- a fucking deadbeat scumbag liar and cheat.

Sad that you have so little self-respect that you feel compelled to lie about yourself and others. While it's possible you cannot help yourself due a mental issue, clearly your behavior on this and the other United Express 3411 thread has been odd to say the least.

Example: your insistence that this was a United flight which chose to wait for a Republic crew even though I've corrected you at least four times including providing evidence.

Here is additional evidence that this was a Republic flight: 'Infuriated' United pilots union slams cops for forcibly dragging passenger from plane

On Thursday, United Airlines' pilots broke their silence on the violent removal of David Dao from Flight 3411.

"The safety and well-being of our passengers is the highest priority for United pilots, and this should not have escalated into a violent encounter," United Master Executive Council, the union representing the airline's 12,500 pilots, wrote in a letter.

"This occurred on one of our contracted Express carriers, separately owned and operated by Republic Airline, and was ultimately caused by the grossly inappropriate response by the Chicago Department of Aviation," the pilots wrote......

....This occurred on an Express flight operated by Republic Airline, as such, the flight crew and cabin crew of Flight 3411 are employees of Republic Airline, not United Airlines...

...On April 9, 2017, United Express Flight 3411, operated by Republic, was preparing to depart Chicago O'Hare (ORD) to Louisville (SDF). Republic Airline made the decision to assign four of their crewmembers to deadhead on Flight 3411 within minutes of the scheduled departure. Although four passengers would have to be removed from this flight to accommodate the Republic crew, the goal was to get the other 70 passengers on their way to SDF and ensure a flight crew needed the next day would also be in place. By all reports, the Republic flight crew was courteous and calm throughout the event, and three passengers left the flight voluntarily for compensation. After repeatedly asking the fourth passenger to give up his seat to no avail, the gate agent requested the assistance of law enforcement.

I have been able to spot them for years as they prance around USMB daring people to bet them
You are a liar. I've been able to spot them for years. If they falsely represent themselves and engage in habitual lies, they are scumbags who can never be trusted.

More than just the price of the ticket, the length of time to your "re accommodation" should be considered. 20 hours is a long time

mostly.......the worth of the compensation should be what the market will bear.....let the bidding begin
In the Liberal world where you just print more money, that might work. In the real world, business managers have a fiduciary duty to their investors and/or stock shareholders. Cheaper to just cancel the flight on the rare occasion when they need to move a crew on a full flight.
Yes...accommodating those penny pinchers really worked out for United
Yes, they should have deplaned everyone and either delayed or canceled the flight. It's not United's or Republic's fault the City of Chicago fucked up.

If you really are a frequent flyer, then your experiences are going to get worse because of this; namely more delays and cancellations....and you can thank David Dao and everyone who believes he had a "right" to that seat for it.

Why flying in America keeps getting more miserable, explained
.....The airline industry, unfortunately, suffers from some serious business model flaws ā€” most notably very high fixed costs in the form of buying and maintaining aircraft, and the problem that a half-empty flight is almost as expensive to operate as a full one.

Most of us fondly remember a time in the not-so-distant past when the United States had many more airlines and much more vigorous competition between them. This was a true blessing for consumers, but it was genuinely unworkable economically ā€” the consumer bounty was based on investors, bondholders, and unionized workers losing money.

So weā€™re now shifting into an uncomfortable era of consolidation, diminished competition, higher prices, more profits, and fewer choices. And even if choice were revived by future policymakers, experience suggests that travelers will choose lower prices over higher quality, leaving air travel a perennially frustrating experience.

United suffered the downside of efficiency
The practice of ā€œoverbookingā€ flights ā€” selling more tickets than there are seats available ā€” strikes almost everyone as mildly outrageous whenever it results in someone getting bumped.

The economic case for it is, however, fairly ironclad. Itā€™s simply not that uncommon for a ticketed passenger to not show up for a flight due to illness or some external change of plans. Customers also value the opportunity to reschedule flights for less than the full price of buying a brand new ticket. Meanwhile, the profit-maximizing strategy for first-class seats is generally to price them so high that they donā€™t sell out, and then offer a few lucky passengers free upgrades ā€” immediately freeing up space in apparently overbooked economy cabins ā€” as a privilege of their advanced frequent flier status.

An airline could, of course, refuse to overbook as a matter of policy. This would result in flying planes that were substantially less full, on average, without meaningfully reducing operating costs. Ticket prices would need to be higher as a result. No airline has seen this as a winning strategy in the marketplace, and regulators havenā€™t tried to impose it on them.

The United flight in question turns out not to have been overbooked, merely full, but United realized it needed to move some crew to Louisville to operate subsequent flights. As aviation blogger Gary Leff writes, ā€œIf the employees didnā€™t get to Louisville, a whole plane load of passengers were going to be ā€˜bumpedā€™ when that flight was canceled, and likely other passengers on other flights using that aircraft would have their own important travel plans screwed up as well.ā€

In principle, of course, the crew could have simply made the four-hour drive, but airline personnel generally have unions and collective bargaining agreements that mandate minimum standards of treatment for crew members who need to be shuffled around.

Kicking a few passengers off a full plane to move crew to Louisville is, for better or for worse, what an efficiently run airline looks like. They didnā€™t have tons of spare crew members hanging around in a small airport like Louisville just ready to fill in at a momentā€™s notice. And they didnā€™t have tons of unsold seats on flights the crew members could take. The needs of the many customers who would otherwise have been stranded in Kentucky outweighed the needs of the few who were kicked off the flight to Chicago. The system, in a sense, was working as designed.

The shocking video images of a noncompliant customer being forcibly dragged off a plane, his head injured and his face bloodied, reflected some longstanding problems with the Chicago police, but it also represented a collision between the logic of optimal management of airline resources and the needs of actual human beings......

....And as industry consolidation has gained steam, the most important upstart challenger to the big four is Spirit Airlines, which offers rock-bottom prices and generally gets poor marks for quality. In theory, it should be possible for a new entrant to the aviation industry to come in at the high end, offering a superior product to customers who are willing to pay for it. But efforts to compete this way ā€” from MGM Grand Airlines and the Trump Shuttle in the 1980s to Virgin America in our time ā€” have consistently failed.

Beyond the behavior of the police, a critically important issue outside the scope of aviation policy, the United disaster basically touches on a series of travel frustrations related to redundancy.

A pleasant airline to fly on would routinely have empty seats on its planes so nobody would have to get bumped and it would be easy to reschedule. Flights would be frequent, so if you did need to miss a flight, you could take a later one without huge problems. Spare aircraft would be sufficiently abundant that mechanical problems wouldnā€™t lead to huge delays or cascading series of missed connections. And staff would be abundant enough that the inevitable vagaries of illness, traffic jams, and bad weather wouldnā€™t force airlines to hurriedly shift employees from one airport to another.

Airlines clearly could build that kind of redundancy into their systems. Indeed, the logistics of doing so would be fairly trivial compared with the enormous technical challenges involved in safely moving hundreds of passengers at high speeds through the air while serving them hot coffee and listening to their complaints about the bad wifi.

But to do so would cost money. Less overselling of seats and more padding of schedules for crew and equipment would ultimate translate to higher fares. Thatā€™s a price we pretty clearly could bear as a society if we chose to, but as consumers we have collectively and repeatedly chosen not to. Instead, wherever competition has reared its head in the industry, the mass market has aimed for low prices above all else, followed by a vigorous culture of collective complaining when something goes wrong.
The flight was full and ready to leave
Why would you cancel it?

Just to punish the passengers for not accepting your paltry offer of compensation?

Pay up

pay up deadbeat

You are a liar. I've been able to spot them for years. If they falsely represent themselves and engage in habitual lies, they are scumbags who can never be trusted.
As a deadbeat, you lack the integrity to call someone else a liar

Why would you cancel it?

Just to punish the passengers for not accepting your paltry offer of compensation?
The aforementioned reasons posted several times before. Believe as you wish. Enjoy your flying experiences!

A liar can never be trusted. You started calling me a deadbeat the day after you accepted the bet by claiming you'd won the bet. That's a huge dishonesty on your part, but expected of a habitual liar.

Why would you cancel it?

The aforementioned reasons posted several times before. Believe as you wish. Enjoy your flying experiences!
Again your reasoning is vindictive

Why cancel an entire paid for flight because people refused your ridiculous compensation?

A liar can never be trusted. You started calling me a deadbeat the day after you accepted the bet by claiming you'd won the bet. That's a huge dishonesty on your part, but expected of a habitual liar.
Six days deadbeat

They are not going to get any more information on Dr Dao. You are already backtracking and making excuses

Just like I predicted you would

Many airlines fly to EWR (Newark).
United goes one better and cuts out the middleman; check out our new nonstop fares directly to the ER.

Why would you cancel it?

Why cancel an entire paid for flight because people refused your ridiculous compensation?
Not vindictive, pure economics as I've stated repeatedly before. Don't believe me, just watch and observe. Good luck!

Why would you cancel it?

Not vindictive, pure economics as I've stated repeatedly before. Don't believe me, just watch and observe. Good luck!
OK pure economics

So what stops United from bumping a passenger who paid $200 for a ticket to accommodate a passenger who is willing to pay $800?

Profit is profit

Why would you cancel it?

OK pure economics

So what stops United from bumping a passenger who paid $200 for a ticket to accommodate a passenger who is willing to pay $800?

Profit is profit
Business practice. Do that habitually, like habitual liars, and nobody wants to trust them.

The fact is, they can bump a lower paying passenger for a higher paying one, but, normally, they won't because it's bad for business in the long run. Paying a passenger $10,0000 for a $220 is equally bad for business. The same goes for refusing to bump four passengers at a loss of about $900 and losing tens of thousands of dollars in passenger's flights being cancelled and missing connections.

As in any good capitalist system, competition is good for the consumer. Except in small to medium cities, most passengers have a choice between airlines. They vote with their pocket book. Despite all the screams of "I'll never fly this airline again!!!", most still take the cheapest fares or most convenient schedules on Hotwire, Orbitz, etc.

Why would you cancel it?

OK pure economics

Profit is profit
Business practice. Do that habitually, like habitual liars, and nobody wants to trust them.

The fact is, they can bump a lower paying passenger for a higher paying one, but, normally, they won't because it's bad for business in the long run. Paying a passenger $10,0000 for a $220 is equally bad for business. The same goes for refusing to bump four passengers at a loss of about $900 and losing tens of thousands of dollars in passenger's flights being cancelled and missing connections.

As in any good capitalist system, competition is good for the consumer. Except in small to medium cities, most passengers have a choice between airlines. They vote with their pocket book. Despite all the screams of "I'll never fly this airline again!!!", most still take the cheapest fares or most convenient schedules on Hotwire, Orbitz, etc.
Bad for business?

How is beating up an old man to take his seat doing for business?

This kind of thing could be easily avoided if the airlines didn't sell more tickets than they have seats.

This kind of thing could be easily avoided if the airlines didn't sell more tickets than they have seats.

They'll claim it's because they have no-shows. Of course what they conveniently leave out hoping nobody will notice, is that said no-shows have already paid.

Bad for business?

How is beating up an old man to take his seat doing for business?
Bad for business which is why the CEO of United flip-flopped and is groveling to the public.

You'll get your wish. Despite all the PR bullshit of paying "up to" $10,000 for bumped passengers or refusing to bump passengers, the airline business still needs to make money to survive. As the previous link showed, it's a high cost, high risk business with marginal profits, often feast or famine.

I expect we'll not only see more cancellations, but also changes in tickets such as higher levels of "non-refundable" tickets for the lower cost ones. Miss your flight because you were too stupid to show up early and the TSA line was horrendous? Too fucking bad. Pay another $220 if you want to take the next flight. Want to get on this flight even though there's 3 empty seats? Too fucking bad, those seats were already paid for by some dumbass stuck in the TSA line. We can't "overbook".

They'll claim it's because they have no-shows. Of course what they conveniently leave out hoping nobody will notice, is that said no-shows have already paid.
Cancellations and even rebooking on a later flight is very expensive

You just don't fail to arrive and then say......give me my money back

Forum List

Back