Zone1 Intelligent people have doubts RE Jesus

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
I've heard that people who are exceptionally intelligent sometimes have multiple doubts, or I should say Questions, about Jesus, about the history of Christianity and etc.

Well, even not too bright people have doubts. But as someone once said, "a thousand questions do not make one doubt."

Whatever you call it, people have valid questions. For one, some people doubt Jesus even existed. Well, I find that one absurd because even non-Christian historians who lived in the first centuries spoke of Jesus.

In any case, I have had many questions and sometimes whne things are not going well, I have doubts about.. things like God really loving anyone... I don't feel the love 24/7/365 all the days of my life, to be sure.

But then when I have these doubtful moments, I remember the Real Presence of Christ.

And all doubts vanish immediately. If you don't know what the Real Presence is, you really should check it out... But Jesus has a tangible Presence and that Presence abides in His Church.

+

Actually, they didn't. The Josephus reference is fairly universally regarded as a forgery that was added in later.
1st time I've heard of that

probably just another HUGE LIE

Nothing is more lied about than the Catholic Church, which figures, actually.

That's the Entity Satan attacks the most, for what should be obvious reasons

I've heard that people who are exceptionally intelligent sometimes have multiple doubts, or I should say Questions, about Jesus, about the history of Christianity and etc.

Well, even not too bright people have doubts. But as someone once said, "a thousand questions do not make one doubt."

Whatever you call it, people have valid questions. For one, some people doubt Jesus even existed. Well, I find that one absurd because even non-Christian historians who lived in the first centuries spoke of Jesus.

In any case, I have had many questions and sometimes whne things are not going well, I have doubts about.. things like God really loving anyone... I don't feel the love 24/7/365 all the days of my life, to be sure.

But then when I have these doubtful moments, I remember the Real Presence of Christ.

And all doubts vanish immediately. If you don't know what the Real Presence is, you really should check it out... But Jesus has a tangible Presence and that Presence abides in His Church.

+
Good post

Outside the faith that Jesus was the Son of God is the question of where is the documentation that shows Jesus existed?

Romans were known to document key events in their history
A mere Carpenter like Jesus would not have drawn much attention. But a “King of the Jews” like Jesus would have been documented somewhere. Jesus drawing thousands of the faithful would have been reported by the Romans. As would his crucifixion.

Where are the written histories that corroborate what is reported in the Bible?

No such documentation exists

Last edited:
There is no correlation between intellect and one's religious or political beliefs.
who says?

I know in my own world, the people who are the most intelligent --or so people think... are also the ones who are the least religious

1st time I've heard of that

probably just another HUGE LIE

Nothing is more lied about than the Catholic Church, which figures, actually.

That's the Entity Satan attacks the most, for what should be obvious reasons

True. Most scholars think the reference to Jesus was added later.

True. Most scholars think the reference to Jesus was added later.
who knows?

This is why one MUST spend time in Christ's REAL PRESENCE. Because then there is NO doubt.

Man cannot produce something like that.. (Someone)

Objectively means nothing
There is no independent verification of Jesus
Scholars mention three: Suetonius, Tacitus, and Josephus. The first two referred to Christus or Chrestus; Josephus is thought to have mentioned Christ, but not in the flowing terms that we see today.

You don't have to be an member of Mensa to call into question the whole "magic book" thing.....Just sayin'.
I have a high IQ

so that is proof that not all intelligent people are ... uh... clueless about Christ.

Also, I was lucky. A good priest told me years ago about the Real Presence. If he had not done that... who knows where I would be now, spiritually...

But maybe my words are wasted. Maybe I am even"casting pearls before swine"?

God knows

HOPE NOT!

Again….you rely on faith in Jesus

I am just saying there is no independent verification of the Jesus in the Bible
well, that makes a lot of sense. :uhoh3:

Old Testament predicts the coming of Christ

Christ comes and teaches and heals and dies and rises from the dead, all written down in the Bible

but the Bible, you say contains no verification of Jesus!

:uhoh3:

You don't have to be an member of Mensa to call into question the whole "magic book" thing.....Just sayin'.
First, scripture is not a "magic book." There is nothing wrong with questions. One of the Saints mentioned, "Faith seeks understanding." Nothing at all wrong about having questions. It's the path to understanding. St. Augustine said something about this as well, but I don't recall his exact words. I'd have to look it up.

Forum List

Back