It just cost me $150 to fill my pickup

I have nothing against muscle cars. In fact the current Mustang, Charger, Camaro etc, are faster than their 1970's counter part, while getting twice the milleage.
And they all burn gas. And gas costs more.

Now where is you fleet of ev Semis at to save the day. Or are you Amish?

The US government sells oil leases to the oil companies. They bid on the mineral rights at specific geographic locations. That's why oil companies can't "slant drill" onto another companies lease.
I don't know where you got your information, but the government cannot sell a lease. Selling of leases is done between oil drilling companies. The owners get a royalty on any oil or gas found there.

So you confirm you do not have to do anything and freely choose to do it...and then whine like a 3 year old when you do it.

Thanks for proving my point about your life sucking.

You are far too easy
Why don't you get back to saying stupid shit and put me on a mental "ignore" because you cannot win an argument?

Actually that tax break was being used by people with a small home business (s-corp / LLC etc) that could get a much bigger write-off if they bought a truck much bigger than they needed.

Do those people have a camper or boat? The sales of RVs have gone through the roof since COVID. Can't tow a 35' travel trailer or 40' 5th wheel with a Prius.

Mud? Being able to haul significant weight and having plenty of interior space has nothing to do with mud.

I had a white collar job for several years. I was the corporate safety director and safety trainer. I drove a Chevy 2500. Since I traveled to all the various jobs, I hauled materials, safety equipment, training materials, tools, and more. I very rarely got any mud on my vehicle. But I averaged between 5,000 and 6,000 miles a month. And if you saw me in traffic I am sure you would not have known what I was doing.
I should have also mentioned that the cargo bed was prestine. Not a scratch, or a dent, showroom new. So it's not like these people were hauling anything other than their own asses.

YMMV

Fuck you. I am a proud, patriotic American. I said what I said and it did not demean any American. It was a post to call out that bullshit about bigger vehicles simply being about egos. And you have tried to make a whole "gotcha" about it. You didn't get or nail anything.

Now how about getting back on topic?
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You wrote what you wrote

Pretty much. But the Town Squallers and Creepy Republic shills have all suddenly become Abbie Hoffman worshipers and peace lovers. Like their left wing drones they just parrot what ever they're told to; they greatly fear getting tossed out of the club treehouse .
Never want war. You’re again totally off base sweetheart

Besides paying double + over Trump gas we are limited to 20 gallons, have been. My F350 has a 38 gal tank. I have 5 5gal cans for mowers, can't even fill them at once.

I have no problem with people who need a super-duty pickup buying a super-duty pickup. But I see far too many big SUV's and pickups without a spec of mud of them, being driven by one person, going to his white collar job.
I don’t get how someone would willingly want to drive one of those giant things around if they didn’t have to.

I should have also mentioned that the cargo bed was prestine. Not a scratch, or a dent, showroom new. So it's not like these people were hauling anything other than their own asses.

YMMV

Towing a camper or boat would not damage or get a bed dirty.

But if you can see the bed of the truck, you are either driving something tall or you are walking up and looking in the bed. I can't see you doing that to very many trucks of people you do not know.

Sorry so many of you cant afford gas, as you are always telling others get a better job. No ONE LIKES higher gas prices, but it has happend many times over the years. my car fill up way back when 19 cents a gallon.

I don’t get how someone would willingly want to drive one of those giant things around if they didn’t have to.

It can be a little bit of a pain if I am downtown.

But otherwise, I like sitting up where I can see what is going on in front of the car in front of me. I like knowing I am safer for being in a bigger, solid vehicle. And I like for me and my passengers to be comfortable.

Forum List

Back