It just cost me $150 to fill my pickup

There is no definite reason that taking charge of something in the national interest would be the same as adopting "communism" (whatever that is).
You are wrong. Government control of an oil company is the definition of communism where the state controls company's means of production.

"The definition of communism is a system where all property is public and people work and are given things by the government according to their needs. An example of communism is the governing system in Cuba where the government controls everything and doles out benefits such as money, health care and food."

There is no definite reason that taking charge of something in the national interest would be the same as adopting "communism" (whatever that is).
Maybe not, but it is definitely a big step toward a centralized command economy instead of a capitalist free market. Pretty slippery slope. What do you propose, declare all leases void or voidable, order immediate drilling at the oil companies expense, order increased pumping of existing wells, and all outputs subject to direct control of the Government, and initiate price controls and profit margins of what used to be the private industries involve. Lay it out for me and tell me the difference in (whatever that is).

Can you run your car on natural gas?

How many of those wells are using fracking?

How many of those oil rigs are on federal land?

The answer to the first question is likely "no" and you have no idea about the second two?

Your link is very raw data. Once again, you obviously did not realize that.

Maybe not, but it is definitely a big step toward a centralized command economy instead of a capitalist free market. Pretty slippery slope. What do you propose, declare all leases void or voidable, order immediate drilling at the oil companies expense, order increased pumping of existing wells, and all outputs subject to direct control of the Government, and initiate price controls and profit margins of what used to be the private industries involve. Lay it out for me and tell me the difference in (whatever that is).
The myth of energy independence requires import/export control of the producers in order to make it function. That way prices are based on domestic supply and demand, instead of worldwide supply and demand.

But should anybody ever suggest such import/export controls, they would be called a communist.

Remember $149 is less than $150. And if the price bothers you, have you thought about getting a new Ford F-150 lightning. The cost to "fill it up" is only about $20 depending on your electrical rates.
/——-/ At least a year’s waiting list for that electric truck.

Remember $149 is less than $150. And if the price bothers you, have you thought about getting a new Ford F-150 lightning. The cost to "fill it up" is only about $20 depending on your electrical rates.
Hmmm and just how is that electricity produced, from a windmill or magic fairy dust?

The myth of energy independence requires import/export control of the producers in order to make it function. That way prices are based on domestic supply and demand, instead of worldwide supply and demand.

But should anybody ever suggest such import/export controls, they would be called a communist.
With the supposed efficiencies of what that proposal represents to the economy as a whole in the short term, one must accept the inefficiencies of the command economy it imposes and acknowledge the question and implications in the long-run for what it means. Would you trust Democrats with that power, or republican supposed conservatives, for that matter? We don't have a big track record in this country in the past century of looking down the road at the mess we make of things, for short term benefit.

nope, but I can sure use it in my house.

Of course I realize that. Data scares the shit out of people like you. That is why I post it, just to see you freak out like you did.

Thanks for the entertainment.
Freak out? I just destroyed your argument with answers you cannot provide. You are the one who should be freaking out, because you have a room temp IQ and cannot seem to fix the problem.

Forum List

Back