It's been exactly 50 years since we lost him, but we haven't lost his dream

Republicans responded exactly as expected to this thread
It's a shame wacko leftists are killing his dream. Now it is SPECIFICALLY about the color of your skin for the left.
Yeah, it was the left that expressed outrage when black people dared to say that their lives matter :rolleyes:

Lincoln is rolling over in his grave at what his party has become.

More likely Lincoln is rolling over in his grave at what has become of the United States.

During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

It's a shame wacko leftists are killing his dream. Now it is SPECIFICALLY about the color of your skin for the left.
Yeah, it was the left that expressed outrage when black people dared to say that their lives matter :rolleyes:
Empty platitudes is all you have to offer the black community. Everywhere they live that is controlled by the left is overrun with drugs, poverty & crime.

That is the legacy of the left's contribution
Things were far worse 30 years ago. For decades it’s been getting better. Republicans wage war on cities where black people live, their President posts fake data on twitter to rile conservatives up against them, conservatives support discrimination, etc. I mean fuck, Gramps. I have no idea what ground you’re trying to stand on here.
Look at the cities run by the left. Look at the MASS CASUALTIES every single month in those cities. Tell those families things are better for them...

you mean the states with more money, better educations and higher standareds of living, drunk?:

He said cities not states you fucking dumb ass

Empty platitudes is all you have to offer the black community. Everywhere they live that is controlled by the left is overrun with drugs, poverty & crime.

Things were far worse 30 years ago. For decades it’s been getting better. Republicans wage war on cities where black people live, their President posts fake data on twitter to rile conservatives up against them, conservatives support discrimination, etc. I mean fuck, Gramps. I have no idea what ground you’re trying to stand on here.
Look at the cities run by the left. Look at the MASS CASUALTIES every single month in those cities. Tell those families things are better for them...
Every city is run by the left. Most are great. :thup:

The second generation of black people born as equals are just now starting to think about having kids. Things are much better for them than it was for their parents and grandparents. Unless Trumpism secures a foothold, things will be better for their kids and grandkids too.

The mass media fake news prevents most from understanding what is really going on regarding our largest minority... .....horrific violence, terrible rate of aids and other diseases, unemployment, poverty, dysfuntional families with no man present. etc.etc. and so on and so forth. America's number one problem....just a matter of time before it all boils over....look for big trouble this summer.

you mean the states with more money, better educations and higher standareds of living, drunk?:
Yes, we all wish we could live here...

Ah Detroit. A city that would not exist anymore had Trump and the GOP had their way and let the auto industry vanish.

Gonna be riots. Buy guns.

Seriously. My city has high murder rates. And a very nice man who was sort of a legend at the zoo was murdered in his front yard this year.

Like Old School said, it'll be at least a generation after the end of Jim Crow before we really see change, and the city has at least 3 very diversely educated black men in govt today, and all are very nice and competent. A fourth young man serves, and I've not met him but he is a minister and I've not heard a bad thing about him. We have two whites and an older black man who came out of the civil rights movement. It's encouraging.

My church book club read Comes a Watchman and Intruder in the Dust. Before civil rights, the whites were saying "they just aren't ready yet." LOL

Last edited:

Lincoln’s views on race. He held opinions not very different from those of the majority of his racist countrymen. Lincolln quote: “there is a physical difference between the white and black races that will for ever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality.” His solution was a form of ethnic cleansing: shipping blacks off to Liberia, or Haiti, or Central America — anywhere as long as it wasn’t the United States.

it's interesting that you don't link your quote. if you don't know, it was from the Lincoln douglas debate. and he was speaking to get losers to stop owning people. his goal at that time WASN'T for equality... it was the start of a road toward decency.

I'm not quite certain how you think that quote somehow responds to the white supremacists who call themselves republicans now?

Lincoln’s views on race. He held opinions not very different from those of the majority of his racist countrymen. Lincolln quote: “there is a physical difference between the white and black races that will for ever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality.” His solution was a form of ethnic cleansing: shipping blacks off to Liberia, or Haiti, or Central America — anywhere as long as it wasn’t the United States.

it's interesting that you don't link your quote. if you don't know, it was from the Lincoln douglas debate. and he was speaking to get losers to stop owning people. his goal at that time WASN'T for equality... it was the start of a road toward decency.

I'm not quite certain how you think that quote somehow responds to the white supremacists who call themselves republicans now?

A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War

Most Americans consider Abraham Lincoln to be the greatest president in history. His legend as the Great Emancipator has grown to mythic proportions as hundreds of books, a national holiday, and a monument in Washington, D.C., extol his heroism and martyrdom. But what if most everything you knew about Lincoln were false? What if, instead of an American hero who sought to free the slaves, Lincoln were in fact a calculating politician who waged the bloodiest war in american history in order to build an empire that rivaled Great Britain's?

In The Real Lincoln, author Thomas J. DiLorenzo uncovers a side of Lincoln not told in many history books--and overshadowed by the immense Lincoln legend. Through extensive research and meticulous documentation, DiLorenzo portrays the sixteenth president as a man who devoted his political career to revolutionizing the American form of government from one that was very limited in scope and highly decentralized—as the Founding Fathers intended—to a highly centralized, activist state. Standing in his way, however, was the South, with its independent states, its resistance to the national government, and its reliance on unfettered free trade. To accomplish his goals, Lincoln subverted the Constitution, trampled states' rights, and launched a devastating Civil War, whose wounds haunt us still. According to this provacative book, 600,000 American soldiers did not die for the honorable cause of ending slavery but for the dubious agenda of sacrificing the independence of the states to the supremacy of the federal government, which has been tightening its vise grip on our republic to this very day.

In The Real Lincoln, you will discover a side of Lincoln that you were probably never taught in school—a side that calls into question the very myths that surround him and helps explain the true origins of a bloody, and perhaps, unnecessary war.

Most Americans consider Abraham Lincoln to be the greatest president in history. His legend as the Great Emancipator has grown to mythic proportions as hundreds of books, a national holiday, and a monument in Washington, D.C., extol his heroism and martyrdom. But what if most everything you knew about Lincoln were false? What if, instead of an American hero who sought to free the slaves, Lincoln were in fact a calculating politician who waged the bloodiest war in american history in order to build an empire that rivaled Great Britain's?

In The Real Lincoln, author Thomas J. DiLorenzo uncovers a side of Lincoln not told in many history books--and overshadowed by the immense Lincoln legend. Through extensive research and meticulous documentation, DiLorenzo portrays the sixteenth president as a man who devoted his political career to revolutionizing the American form of government from one that was very limited in scope and highly decentralized—as the Founding Fathers intended—to a highly centralized, activist state. Standing in his way, however, was the South, with its independent states, its resistance to the national government, and its reliance on unfettered free trade. To accomplish his goals, Lincoln subverted the Constitution, trampled states' rights, and launched a devastating Civil War, whose wounds haunt us still. According to this provacative book, 600,000 American soldiers did not die for the honorable cause of ending slavery but for the dubious agenda of sacrificing the independence of the states to the supremacy of the federal government, which has been tightening its vise grip on our republic to this very day.

In The Real Lincoln, you will discover a side of Lincoln that you were probably never taught in school—a side that calls into question the very myths that surround him and helps explain the true origins of a bloody, and perhaps, unnecessary war.
Yes, modern republicans despise Lincoln and celebrate the Confederacy

Ah Detroit. A city that would not exist anymore had Trump and the GOP had their way and let the auto industry vanish.

This is the result of your leftist policies...

The "Dream" that he said was that everybody should be equal.

The "Dream" that all the Moon Bats think he said was that every Negro should be on welfare and given free shit.

Gramps, violent crimes and homicides by and against black people are dramatically down compared to 20+ years ago. Wages are up compared to 20+ years ago. Don't post a stupid youtube video and expect to convince me that all black people in the U.S. are like that. You’re better than that.

Gramps, violent crimes and homicides by and against black people are dramatically down compared to 20+ years ago. Wages are up compared to 20+ years ago. Don't post a stupid youtube video and expect to convince me that all black people in the U.S. are like that. You’re better than that.

And there it is, the projection. As reliable as the sun.

Had Lincoln lived we would not have a black person in the US today. Lincoln wanted to round them all up and send them back to Africa. As it was, hundreds were convinced to voluntarily go. At the end of the civil war, they were all supposed to go.

People hate on MLK for having a bunch of sex with a bunch of people. Frankly, who gives a shit? Its SEX FFS. Grow up people
I think King was awesome. I dont agree with a lot of his platform, but some of it i did.
Its a shame his platform got raped by entitled people that twisted his words and demand special rights while they sit on their lazy fat ass with their hand out.

And there it is, the projection. As reliable as the sun.

:rolleyes:

In all fairness it is not all Republicans... I think that is the bit where normal people shouldn't ostracise the moderate right, they maybe enabling the Trumpbots but they are starting to realise they got conned. Don't make it hard for them to comeback to reason, AKA prodigal son...

Yes there are people here who will never change and would live on an Island of one.

29683407_1516096881852955_4227309745394486091_n.jpg

It was terrible. I was in my early teens, schools were finally integrated, kids were doing fine, and then the riots and smoke and curfews and anguish
Bad day for America, worse than the Kennedys

Had Lincoln lived we would not have a black person in the US today. Lincoln wanted to round them all up and send them back to Africa. As it was, hundreds were convinced to voluntarily go. At the end of the civil war, they were all supposed to go.
All fake all the time

Forum List

Back