It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made the accusation. What prompted you to do so when nothing about race was mentioned?
I looked it up it was a nickname for George w bush. Later used in the derogatory racist manner by a Republican to describe Obama.

Sorry.... but.... America is anything but a Christian nation.
Not. Even. Close.
Maybe in artificially inflated numbers, but not in character. Most people designated as Christians are no longer practicing Christians. It's just a label nowadays.

And many act more "Christian" than those claiming to be Christian.
Absolutely correct, there are too many so-called Christians who have a Nazi like agenda; like the bozo who created this thread and thinks Christianity should be placed above all other religions in this land which goes a bit against the very Constitution that is based on.

One of my best friends is a Hindu. If I didn't know better I would believe he was Jesus reincarnated, probably is. At any rate he's definitely a saint.

I know people of many different faiths that are far better at upholding the Christian values towards their fellow man.

Absolutely correct, there are too many so-called Christians who have a Nazi like agenda; like the bozo who created this thread and thinks Christianity should be placed above all other religions in this land which goes a bit against the very Constitution that is based on.
But the situation we have now is atheism has been placed above all other religions by default, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a faith vacuum in government policy. And that's the worst of all worlds. And since it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a vaccuum, we have to pick a religion, and the best religion is Christianity. So that's the reasoning in my OP, as I have explained many many times.

Last edited:
It could be your attitude towards others. If you are overbearing, or have pre-existing ideas about others. They may be able to sense it and just steer clear of you.
No, I mean, not only don't I see it personally: I also don't see it nationally or globally. I don't see any great national people out there known for their love and compassion and service to mankind who are atheists. There are no atheists I can think of who are counterparts to the canonized saints, i.e. people who lived among the people they served, who forsook wealth and worldly power.

Also, like the Catholics have long lists of highly dedicated priests, sisters, and missionaries who have given up all worldly possessions and pleasures to serve the world's poorest of the poor. Where are the atheist counterparts to them? Can anybody name any?

And this isn't to denigrate atheists; it's to denigrate atheISM. Atheism does not encompass anything to do with serving others.

But the situation we have now is atheism has been placed above all other religions by default, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a faith vacuum in government policy. And that's the worst of all worlds. And since it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a vaccuum, we have to pick a religion, and the best religion is Christianity. So that's the reasoning in my OP, as I have explained many many times.
I know very few atheists so atheism is not a problem. If you look at the numbers, they are still insignificant growing but still insignificant. As for our laws that govern our nation they went from being based on moral laws, which had ambiguities in them, to being based on ethics which are universal. So if anything our system is better than it's ever been.

I know very few atheists so atheism is not a problem. If you look at the numbers, they are still insignificant growing but still insignificant. As for our laws that govern our nation they went from being based on moral laws, which had ambiguities in them, to being based on ethics which are universal. So if anything our system is better than it's ever been.
Many are in effect atheists, as they are not practicing of a faith, and this is getting more and more acute because of the barrage of atheist messages from the media and social media. Moral laws and ethics are the same and both come from God.

The absence of religion is not atheism.

It is just the absence of religion

The absence of religion is not atheism.

It is just the absence of religion
It's the same thing. You can't have a vacuum. Some issues are one or the other. Now laws governing traffic lights, no. But abortion and gay marriage have to be one or the other. Government cannot be neutral. Allowing either to be legal is taking a side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back