Make All Drugs Legal.

Imbecile.

Drugs are not legal in Portugal. They were decriminalized. There is a difference.

You should educate yourself prior to trying to discuss a topic. You probably will not come off as less imbecilic, but at least you may not be caught lying.
Would you be interested in explaining the differences between decriminalization and legalization?

Would you be interested in explaining the differences between decriminalization and legalization?

In Portugal, it means:

"Legalizing drugs would mean that there are zero legal prohibitions behind narcotics. Adults would be able to run down to your local store and buy them, just like you would a pack of cigarettes in Portugal. On the other hand, decriminalization in Portugal removes criminal sanctions against the consumption of drugs. A person under the possession of a drug under a specific amount will not be prosecuted. This does not mean that individuals are never arrested for drug-related behavior. While the consumption of drugs is decriminalized, this is not true for the selling of drugs. This is where the line between the two sometimes becomes blurred.

While all drugs have been decriminalized for consumption, selling these is still illegal and can lead to imprisonment. In Portugal, possession is decriminalized in particular amounts for personal use, depending on the substance in question. For hashish, for example, a drug made by compressing parts of the cannabis plant, individuals are allowed to possess 5 grams of the substance. For cannabis flower, you can have up to 20 grams on you. The amount will vary by substance and will be lower for drugs such as methamphetamine and heroin, but has been decided in accordance with the “regular” amount for a 10-day personal supply. Again, just because personal possession is decriminalized, does not mean it’s legal. If you are caught with a small number of drugs you could be issued a “summons” and your drugs could be confiscated.

Therefore, if you are caught with more than the legal amount, such as 5 grams of hashish, you could potentially be arrested and persecuted for drug trafficking. The law says that it is a crime when anyone produces, buys, or transports an illicit drug that is not for personal use and is above the legal amount. A prison sentence for drug trafficking is between 1 to 5 years in Portugal. However, the Portuguese justice system can be lenient if they find that a person is being accused of drug trafficking to fund their own personal addiction. This can lead to a reduced sentence."

Feel free to read more:

HOW COME WHEN YOU DO A BLEEPING REPLY ON THIS SITE THE BROWSER SCROLLS TO NO MANS LAND AND YOU CANT FIND YOUR WAY BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE JUST READING IN THE BLOODY THREAD FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!!!

Not only that, but have them produced by the government so they would be cheaper than what could be bought from places like mexico. The U.S wants to hurt the cartels? I think the government is making too much money off it to do that. But if they really wanted to do it, that would be the way to do it. I heard that they made drugs legal in Portugal. What happened? Drug use dropped! I did a thread on homelessness and my solution to it. Everybody basically said that the homeless were basically drug addicts and deserved to be where they are. So there was no sense in helping them. Well what do you think of this plan. It worked in Portugal.
I offered help to the homeless in california but you ignored my idea

Sweep the homeless encampments off the streets and drug test every person

Send the drug users to a rehab camp in the desert for six months to dry out

Then release them to work in jobs they are qualified for

If that means manual labor its ok. But make them do something useful

If they go back to drugs and sleeping on the street send them back for 6 more months of rehab

In Portugal, it means:

"Legalizing drugs would mean that there are zero legal prohibitions behind narcotics. Adults would be able to run down to your local store and buy them, just like you would a pack of cigarettes in Portugal. On the other hand, decriminalization in Portugal removes criminal sanctions against the consumption of drugs. A person under the possession of a drug under a specific amount will not be prosecuted. This does not mean that individuals are never arrested for drug-related behavior. While the consumption of drugs is decriminalized, this is not true for the selling of drugs. This is where the line between the two sometimes becomes blurred.

While all drugs have been decriminalized for consumption, selling these is still illegal and can lead to imprisonment. In Portugal, possession is decriminalized in particular amounts for personal use, depending on the substance in question. For hashish, for example, a drug made by compressing parts of the cannabis plant, individuals are allowed to possess 5 grams of the substance. For cannabis flower, you can have up to 20 grams on you. The amount will vary by substance and will be lower for drugs such as methamphetamine and heroin, but has been decided in accordance with the “regular” amount for a 10-day personal supply. Again, just because personal possession is decriminalized, does not mean it’s legal. If you are caught with a small number of drugs you could be issued a “summons” and your drugs could be confiscated.

Therefore, if you are caught with more than the legal amount, such as 5 grams of hashish, you could potentially be arrested and persecuted for drug trafficking. The law says that it is a crime when anyone produces, buys, or transports an illicit drug that is not for personal use and is above the legal amount. A prison sentence for drug trafficking is between 1 to 5 years in Portugal. However, the Portuguese justice system can be lenient if they find that a person is being accused of drug trafficking to fund their own personal addiction. This can lead to a reduced sentence."

Feel free to read more:

Thanks for the details. You offer not so much a definition as a series of hypotheticals or examples.

Considering what you've offered here, I must ask how logical can that be, that a citizen may use drugs, but there is no mechanism in place to provide those drugs to be used except by government stores. It seems to me that's what you're suggesting.

In my experiences with alcohol sales, those states who provide alcohol only through state-run liquor stores are terrible places to patronize. I prefer a capitalist based system in which private companies or individuals sell the product.

Not only that, but have them produced by the government so they would be cheaper than what could be bought from places like mexico. The U.S wants to hurt the cartels? I think the government is making too much money off it to do that. But if they really wanted to do it, that would be the way to do it. I heard that they made drugs legal in Portugal. What happened? Drug use dropped! I did a thread on homelessness and my solution to it. Everybody basically said that the homeless were basically drug addicts and deserved to be where they are. So there was no sense in helping them. Well what do you think of this plan. It worked in Portugal.
Well, Portugal didn't legalise drugs, they just decriminalised them. But yes, drugs should be decriminalised.

I've seen and known people shooting COKE for days (every15 min?) Huddled sweating smoking drinking PARANOID in a corner of a room shaking.

If supply ran low (or out) they would be willing to drive out looking for more. Yes i said drive a car 3AM on any night. Many would not stop until dead or collapsed.

If you legalize that...you need an isolated Death house with these sorts passed unlimited supply into a locked room with water to drink. //

Last edited:
Thanks for the details. You offer not so much a definition as a series of hypotheticals or examples.

Considering what you've offered here, I must ask how logical can that be, that a citizen may use drugs, but there is no mechanism in place to provide those drugs to be used except by government stores. It seems to me that's what you're suggesting.

In my experiences with alcohol sales, those states who provide alcohol only through state-run liquor stores are terrible places to patronize. I prefer a capitalist based system in which private companies or individuals sell the product.

You asked for the difference between the two definitions as it pertains to Portugal law, I provided examples and explanation. If you are dissatisfied with what I provided, feel free to pursue your own research.

You asked for the difference between the two definitions as it pertains to Portugal law, I provided examples and explanation. If you are dissatisfied with what I provided, feel free to pursue your own research.
I don't disagree, I merely pointed out that as a practical matter, decriminalization is almost useless. In Portugal there are still black market dealers operating for drugs other than pot.

Until repeal of the prohibition happens (in any jurisdiction), black market dynamics will still be in play.

I don't disagree, I merely pointed out that as a practical matter, decriminalization is almost useless. In Portugal there are still black market dealers operating for drugs other than pot.

Until repeal of the prohibition happens (in any jurisdiction), black market dynamics will still be in play.

Here in California, they legalized marijuana, and set up a structure for taxing and regulating it. The black market for it is thriving more than ever.

It takes a state as corrupt and incompetent as California to legalize a drug, and to fuck up the newly legal market for it to the point that it cannot compete with the illegal black market.

What sort of half-baked thinking is that? Win the war on drugs by making them legal? That's simply losing the war.
Decriminalization is a different thing from legalization. It means that under certain conditions you will not go to jail for a small amount of drugs if you get caught with them. The dealers and smugglers still go to jail. Clogging up police resources jailing a bunch of users does nothing.

I don't care whether drugs are legal or not. If a loser druggy tries to steal anything of mine in pursuit of their addiction, they'll get a 2nd Amendment death sentence. Problem solved.

Well if drugs were not only legal, but supplied by the government, you wouldn't have to worry about any "druggie" stealing your stuff for them. Unless what you are saying is that you just want to be able to legally shoot people.

Here's an idea for you.
Make a prison like set up where the junkies can get all the drugs they want for free,with the stipulation that once they enter they cant leave unless they can go without drugs for six months while surrounded by free drugs.
Sounds fair to me.

Just because you might be addicted to something doesn't make you a criminal. So why treat them that way. Also, they can still function in society. That doesn't make them criminal either. Why are people who may be high offend you. Admittedly, some drugs are worse than others. For instance, you might go to a bar that serves alcohol and get into a bar fight with some drunken aggressive fuckface. But if you went to a weed bar, that would be unlikely to happen.

San Francisco thought legalization and decriminalization would help. So did Portland and Los Angeles. It didn't. If anything the cartels are making more money than ever. If the government gave drugs away free it wouldn't help. The cartels can always come up with something to increase the high and be deadlier.

Because the results of drug use are becoming so nightmarish, it might be better to match the cartels. They come up with fentanyl, we give fentanyl away free. They add xylazine, we add xylazine, free. The added benefit is that xylazine renders opiod antidotes completely ineffective and causes the flesh at injection sites to rot. Yes, the cartels will come up with something new. Or, the Chinese will. Meanwhile free federal provided drugs can start cleaning out the users and the homeless.

Legalization is starting to look good.

Nobody takes drugs to see how high they can get. Except for the few who may want to commit suicide, all drug overdoses are accidental. If the government gave out heroin or something similar like laudanum to those who wanted it, they could make sure that they didn't give out enough to kill anybody. And if people had access to that drug, why in the hell would they want to take fentanyl. I am guessing that the high is exactly the same. It's just that with fentanyl, you need far less of it. So the government giving out free heroin to those who want it would kill fentanyl. And doing those things would end the profits that drug cartels are making. Also, you remember what I said about Portugal. They made drug use legal and drug use actually dropped! Another thing is that the government could use it's propaganda machine to do something like discourage drug use instead of promoting being gay or anti-White.

Forum List

Back