mcconnell : bring $2 trillion stimulus deal to senate floor before

qmuddy2

Aug 4, 2015
would macconnell 'ever' bring a $2 trillion stimulus bill to senate floor , before nov 3 ?? what about after nov 3 ?

I believe he would if he thought it would help those Republican Senators that are running for re-election.

would macconnell 'ever' bring a $2 trillion stimulus bill to senate floor , before nov 3 ?? what about after nov 3 ?

The House passed two stimulus bills. The senate has not acted on them.

They should.

Nope. Not enough Republicans would vote for it. Now, they're standing on their deficit hawk perches again. The next time you'll even see an attempt at a stimulus will be late January or February. Even then, it's going to depend on how many Senate seats Democrats are able to take back from Republicans.

McConnell's top priority by a wide margin is to maintain the GOP Senate majority. He has already come out and said there's no way he will bring the latest $2 trillion proposal to the Senate floor before the election, which tells me the majority of his caucus in the Senate have told him it is a loser for them.

After the election is another story, it might depend on whether the GOP keeps their majority or not. They might eventually do a deal, who knows? We know that McConnell is going to bring a much smaller Relief Bill to the floor next week, which I imagine the Dems will shoot down. Certainly the House Dems will if it gets that far. And there is your political cover for the Repub senators.

I believe he would if he thought it would help those Republican Senators that are running for re-election.
The onlything that McConnell will have the votes for is a small package that will not extend beyond inauguration. The last thing they will do is give Biden any help.

Forget the money part. This is what Speaker Pelosi was explaining: it’s not the dollar amount as much as who gets to hand out that money and to whom. Republicans want another lump sum for Mnuchin to dole out. No way.

Forum List

Back