Mia Love sets liberal media straight: Race had nothing to do with her getting elected

Mia is the real thing, not a token or a trophy.

I think she will be great for Utahns.
In the GOP, she's a token.

You're talking to yourself

You seem to hear him.

Mia Love is a puppet of the right.

I lived in Utah for 8 years and there's so few blacks there that I had to frankly ask a black guy at the American Express office in downtown SLC why he was there. He said, "I was transferred from California" and he smiled because he knew exactly what I was talking about.

Utah is one of the whitest states in the country. And the LDS Church didn't even ALLOW blacks into the church until 1978.

I suspect Mia Love is going to suffer from the same creeping racism that Obama has.

If it's no big deal that she's black, as conservatives want to convince us, why does she get about one zillion times the attention as any other GOP politician of the same status and stature?

here is the thing folks, there are indeed racists in both parties. yet, what we hear, pretty much constantly, from the left is the right is racist simply because they either don't like or disagree with the president. the first thing most on the left do is cry racism. instead of examining the issues of why one may not like or disagree, most on the left immediately proclaim it is due to obama's skin color. that is racist to constantly claim that.

Racism is the first thing you hear from the right when a liberal disagrees with a black conservative.

"‘[F]irst of all, what we need to mention here is that this had nothing to do with race. Understand that Utahans have made a statement that they’re not interested in dividing Americans based on race or gender, that they want to make sure that they are electing people who are honest and who have integrity,’ Love said. ‘That’s really what made history here. It’s that race, gender, had nothing to do with it, principles had everything to do with it.’"

Mia is mostly correct that she was elected because of her political positions and values that were in line with the positions and values of her constituents.
But if she thinks her race is totally irrelevant she is just kidding herself. Her nationwide political standing was based on her being black, a woman and Republican. Hannity would not have an obscure mayor from Utah on his show if he were a typical white male Republican seeking a Congressional seat. Love received nationwide attention because of her race....to pretend that race did not matter is naive

I wonder how long the GOP had to dig to find a black woman who would honestly embrace their non-policies, non-solutions and destruction of basic human rights?
Frankly, I think Mia Love was constructed in Stepford, Connecticut and shipped down to Utah in a large bubble of saline.

"‘[F]irst of all, what we need to mention here is that this had nothing to do with race. Understand that Utahans have made a statement that they’re not interested in dividing Americans based on race or gender, that they want to make sure that they are electing people who are honest and who have integrity,’ Love said. ‘That’s really what made history here. It’s that race, gender, had nothing to do with it, principles had everything to do with it.’"

Mia is mostly correct that she was elected because of her political positions and values that were in line with the positions and values of her constituents.
But if she thinks her race is totally irrelevant she is just kidding herself. Her nationwide political standing was based on her being black, a woman and Republican. Hannity would not have an obscure mayor from Utah on his show if he were a typical white male Republican seeking a Congressional seat. Love received nationwide attention because of her race....to pretend that race did not matter is naive

did it matter for obama?

Of course it did

Obama received national exposure because he was young, black and charismatic
Same with Love

Obama's speech on the steps of the Old State Capitol building in Springfield, Illinois in 2007 (where Lincoln had made his in 1858) was a brilliant move and the game-changer for the Dems.

Then the Repubs countered with their game-changer in August 2008 with Sarah Palin, who thought that Nelson Mandela was the president of Africa. Need we say more why Obama was elected?

Yes, Steve Schmidt is why Obama got elected. He was a Soros operative working as McCains "Campaign Manager"

here is the thing folks, there are indeed racists in both parties. yet, what we hear, pretty much constantly, from the left is the right is racist simply because they either don't like or disagree with the president. the first thing most on the left do is cry racism. instead of examining the issues of why one may not like or disagree, most on the left immediately proclaim it is due to obama's skin color. that is racist to constantly claim that.

Racism is the first thing you hear from the right when a liberal disagrees with a black conservative.

you do realize 99% of that is throwing your crap back in your face....

Funny how liberals are always so focused on race that they claim it's the reason why people get rejected or elected.

Really? I always thought that was a Conservative thing.

Haven't you guys been claiming that Obama was only elected because he was black for the last 6 years?

so "you guys" haven't been calling the right racists for not liking obama or his polices for the last 6 years?

Just like Yurt calling the left racists for whatever.

where did i call the left racist in that post? you can't help but lie. i simply said the left has been calling the right racist, that is not me calling the left racist you lying turd.

jake?

PMH sounds a lot like Jake

I wonder how long the GOP had to dig to find a black woman who would honestly embrace their non-policies, non-solutions and destruction of basic human rights?
Frankly, I think Mia Love was constructed in Stepford, Connecticut and shipped down to Utah in a large bubble of saline.

IOW, because she is black she certainly can't have succeeded on her own.....right?

You seem to hear him.

I lived in Utah for 8 years and there's so few blacks there that I had to frankly ask a black guy at the American Express office in downtown SLC why he was there. He said, "I was transferred from California" and he smiled because he knew exactly what I was talking about.

Utah is one of the whitest states in the country. And the LDS Church didn't even ALLOW blacks into the church until 1978.

I suspect Mia Love is going to suffer from the same creeping racism that Obama has.
I used to consult in SLC. Brought a black guy who worked for me there once. Boy did he turn heads. As I remember we saw exactly one other black, at the mall, over a three day trip. That city is so white they think driving while black means you sneak coffee on the way to work.

did it matter for obama?

Of course it did

Obama received national exposure because he was young, black and charismatic
Same with Love

Obama's speech on the steps of the Old State Capitol building in Springfield, Illinois in 2007 (where Lincoln had made his in 1858) was a brilliant move and the game-changer for the Dems.

Then the Repubs countered with their game-changer in August 2008 with Sarah Palin, who thought that Nelson Mandela was the president of Africa. Need we say more why Obama was elected?

Yes, Steve Schmidt is why Obama got elected. He was a Soros operative working as McCains "Campaign Manager"

So you're saying you voted for a guy who was so stupid he couldn't figure out what Schmidt was up to? Better keep McCain away from any intelligence committees on the Hill then.

Haven't you guys been claiming that Obama was only elected because he was black for the last 6 years?

so "you guys" haven't been calling the right racists for not liking obama or his polices for the last 6 years?

Just like Yurt calling the left racists for whatever.

where did i call the left racist in that post? you can't help but lie. i simply said the left has been calling the right racist, that is not me calling the left racist you lying turd.

jake?

PMH sounds a lot like Jake
He's PC, I'm not. Got it little dummy?

Funny how liberals are always so focused on race that they claim it's the reason why people get rejected or elected.

:crybaby:
but.... but ...."bush did it first"..."sarahpalin"...."you started it".."no you started it"..LMAO..silly little frustrated partisans...Comical.

:popcorn:

You seem to hear him.

I used to consult in SLC. Brought a black guy who worked for me there once. Boy did he turn heads. As I remember we saw exactly one other black, at the mall, over a three day trip. That city is so white they think driving while black means you sneak coffee on the way to work.

Bahahahaaaa.....GOOD one!
DId you also notice the preponderance of redheads? I mean really white people with red hair and freckles. Freakin' weird. When I was there a doc told me that Utah has the highest rate of deformed births due to incest. No kidding. "Deliverance" should have been filmed on the Jordan River in Utah instead of Georgia.

:crybaby:
but.... but ...."bush did it first"..."sarahpalin"...."you started it".."no you started it"..LMAO..silly little frustrated partisans...Comical.

Why don't you answer the question?

I notice that as soon as someone sh!ts their poster-pants on here they start using emoticons. How fucking infantile.

You seem to hear him.

DId you also notice the preponderance of redheads? I mean really white people with red hair and freckles. Freakin' weird. When I was there a doc told me that Utah has the highest rate of deformed births due to incest. No kidding. "Deliverance" should have been filmed on the Jordan River in Utah instead of Georgia.

bitter, angry, frustrated hyperpartisans making disparaging remarks and lying about people who aren't racists like they are.

Great debate tactic. Very clever. :laugh2:

You seem to hear him.

bitter, angry, frustrated hyperpartisans making disparaging remarks and lying about people who aren't racists like they are.

Aren't you one of the guys who thinks it's cute to call black Americans 'negroes'?

You seem to hear him.

Aren't you one of the guys who thinks it's cute to call black Americans 'negroes'?

Why are you trying to change the subject?

you do realize 99% of that is throwing your crap back in your face....

No it isn't. It's conservatives having discovered that they love the race card more than liberals ever did.

You seem to hear him.

Why are you trying to change the subject?

The subject is whether or not you're a bigot.

You seem to hear him.

That would certainly explain your lack of any intellectual capacity.

Forum List

Back