Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Had MeBelle been more focused Cafe would not have been lynched in just over an hour. She may have made a better final vote in the game as well.

vote: MeBelle

Well, for once you are making a decision that sounds town to me, can't understand why you were coming after me when people that don't participate seem more apt. Perhaps you are Town, or, you have just made the wisest post and caused me to re-focus.

vote: MeBelle
You REPEATEDLY demand that grandma is scum and then go for a policy lynch rather than the scum lynch that you are claiming? Not only that but you are jumping on the wagon that your so called scum pick is on.

Your actions makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

She has been high on my Scum list, but since most don't think so, maybe I'm wrong. I'm not arrogant to not admit that I may be wrong. Why are you so quick to defend MeBelle? Is she Scum with you and you are trying to defend her non-play that has gotten her a pass in prior games.

You're beginning to sound more and more like Scum yourself. Perhaps you and MeBelle are one of the Scum Teams? Your actions make real Scum sense.

No, they are not scum as I can tell you for sure...

The only way a anyone can tell whether or not another person/s are not Scum is if they are Scum themselves. But since we have two Mafia teams, you would only be able to identify one other person as Scum, and that would be the one working with you. How else would you know who the other Mafia team is?

Wolfie, please don't replace out.

I overestimated how explosive this game would be (it's a template for a 32-player themed game with 3 special abilities per player). The forum update, which has been like bicycling through a boggy swamp route, has not helped. Subsequent Days should become much easier with PoE and the number of abilities tapering off.

The usage of abilities is what really got the ball rolling on scumhunting.

Everything outside of abilities has been WIFOM allegations.

I'm trying to figure out if using these agree's are good in this set up up or not.

According to the rules, we're technically not supposed to be repping posts.

That probably goes for Like/Agree/Disagree, but @Wake should clarify.

No, he said he (Wake) could not be "liking" posts. There was nothing in the rules about us liking or disliking posts.

Word?

General Rules
  • Zone 1 USMB rules are in effect.
  • Don't quote PMs or hidden links. Paraphrasing's fine.
  • Don't PM players about the game. That's cheating.
  • No invisible text allowed.
  • Don't edit/delete posts.
  • No accusing players of cheating openly. PM the Mod instead.
  • Pretending to break a rule is considered rulebreaking.
  • Play to your win condition (play to win.)
  • Modkilled players' alignments change to Neutral; they don't win.
  • I reserve the right to change the rules at any time; notification will be given.
  • You get three chances to not break my rules. Burn them and get modkilled.
  • Using Ignore Function is forbidden.
  • No Positive/Negative repping.
  • Scum win when their numbers equal or exceed that of the Town's.

We don't even have the Rep system anymore. There is no way that you can pos rep or neg rep anyone unless you were able to keep the old software.

I'm trying to figure out if using these agree's are good in this set up up or not.

No, he said he (Wake) could not be "liking" posts. There was nothing in the rules about us liking or disliking posts.

Word?

General Rules
  • I reserve the right to change the rules at any time; notification will be given.

We don't even have the Rep system anymore. There is no way that you can pos rep or neg rep anyone unless you were able to keep the old software.

Since we're going to keep talking about a question Wake already settled, okay fine...

Like/Agree/Disagree is basically rebranded rep that more directly affects each individual post than the member directly (although that member still benefits from positive value ratings, for the e-peen addicts).

If repping a player (on vB or other software) somehow provides an unfair advantage, I didn't see why the new rep system would not have a similar effect.

All of this hooha is moot however, as his highness has ruled.

Word?

General Rules

Since we're going to keep talking about a question Wake already settled, okay fine...

Like/Agree/Disagree is basically rebranded rep that more directly affects each individual post than the member directly (although that member still benefits from positive value ratings, for the e-peen addicts).

If repping a player (on vB or other software) somehow provides an unfair advantage, I didn't see why the new rep system would not have a similar effect.

Did you want people to rep you??

The earlier version of pos/neg repping was disallowed because hidden messages could be passed along by players within the current game.

Word?

General Rules

not true. I haven't said a thing about it

If that makes four, then deadline is extended to 8/30/14 @1pm central time.

So sit down, grab a chilly mojito, and take a break for once.
:D

Word?

General Rules

Pos rep and neg were different in that neg rep would deduct from your positive rep and could also affect the players sense of play. There was competition involved in the whole repping system, why the system was finally scrapped. Liking and disliking a post doesn't have the same effect....unless later some members (like they did with rep) start using it to bully others, but I hardly think they will.

Wolfie, please don't replace out.

I underestimated how explosive this game would be (it's a template for a 32-player themed game with 3 special abilities per player). The forum update, which has been like bicycling through a boggy swamp route, has not helped. Subsequent Days should become much easier with PoE and the number of abilities tapering off.

*Underestimated, not overestimated. Can't brain today, it seems.

OK, I'll play but consider force-replacing mebelle with SR's sister please.

@Wake

Word?

General Rules

Pos rep and neg were different in that neg rep would deduct from your positive rep and could also affect the players sense of play. There was competition involved in the whole repping system, why the system was finally scrapped. Liking and disliking a post doesn't have the same effect....unless later some members (like they did with rep) start using it to bully others, but I hardly think they will.

The reason Wake gave makes way more sense.

Word?

General Rules

Did you want people to rep you??

No,but it'd be nice if they'd follow the posts in the thread so they wouldn't have to ask such questions. :)

Under these extraordinary circumstances:

If players wish, 8 votes may be cast to force-replace MeBelle60 while ending the Day.

The option is on the table for Day 1. It does not have to be taken. It is up to you all.

If players wish, 8 votes may be cast to force-replace MeBelle60 while ending the Day.

The option is on the table for Day 1. It does not have to be taken. It is up to you all.

Does this mean, she's replaced and the day ends with a NL then?

The earlier version of pos/neg repping was disallowed because hidden messages could be passed along by players within the current game.

Fair point, but on the flippy flop, it didn't show that a member repped that post, so the only way you'd catch those particular rule breakers is if the rep recipient outed them.

So anyway... who's next on the merry go round of "to lynch or not to lynch"?

Does this mean, she's replaced and the day ends with a NL then?

Sounds like a net benefit. Day 1 ends in a NL, but we would start Day 2 with a player that actually posts.

Although I would request making the replacement immune to NK for Day 1 since she'd be a sitting duck because both scum teams would know without a doubt that she's not protected... or am I misreading how replacements work?

Forum List

Back