Parler is scaring the shit out of the control freaks

The big two should care because they are losing members. People on FB told me they are having a hard time getting on Parler because of the traffic. Apparently they were not prepared for this rush of people. If FB had a rule of no political content, that's fine. The problem is when they censor right leaning political content and not left leaning.
Facebook doesn’t want to be responsible for spreading disinformation and insane conspiracy theories like QAnon. If Parler does, so be it, but they’re not going to find many advertisers to support their platform which is comprised heavily of fringe theories and material that is objectionable to most people.
They are not responsible for it.

Unless they are a publisher vs platform...

This country is heading for a split for sure

Heading? No, we're split.

he is the leader of the conservative movement and it is growing like a mushroom and getting organized in a way that took the left five decades..

I don't know if you knew this, but we just had an election. The people gave the conservative movement the finger this time around.

the conservatives will do it in a matter of months. Then watch out baby.....you ain't seen NUTHIN until you've seen a large coordination of conservative interests.

*Yawn* Uh huh.

While you yawned 30,000 people joined Parler....
The people have been giving the conservative movement the finger for four years....Nov.3 means nothing....if Biden becomes an imposter POTUS that's fine....he will never succeed where the conservative movement is not only growing but getting more organized all the time. Oh....and it the time that it took me to type this response....another 30,000 people joined Parler...here's a clue... probably half of them are progressives.

JO

Sure, the march towards two entirely separate and distinct realities continues.

I don't know how the country is supposed to survive in such an environment, but maybe that's the goal.
Is it possible that the Left asked for this?
This is a choice that both ends are making. And the rest of the country is suffering for it.
Then stop pushing a bullshit narrative and leave people be.
I'll post as I choose. Neither your agreement nor your approval is required.

You do understand that the moment your domain of eternal free speech starts taking in too many people with deviant and violent tendencies, the clamp will be applied so fast, it will make your SSD drive explode. :)

You fucking scumbags on the left just hate it when people get together and exercise their rights to free speech, and you can't control what they are saying.

They have every reason to be scared. This is why the students and teachers at colleges protest when a righty has a forum there.

When Republicans speak, some may drift off the plantation. In spite of the lies spread about the Republicans, they sit there and say "That makes a hell of a lot of sense!" So when we on the right are heard, they lose members of their party.

When Democrats speak, we don't dare try to stop them. We want the country and world to know what they're about. We ask if we can help; pass out some flyers, turn up the PA, anything. Because when they speak with their idiotic radical ideas, they chase more people to the right.

Parler may be opening up a good old fashioned chat room soon....that will totally explode their membership. Bongino indicated that it is expensive from a hardware point of view...it may have a nominal membership fee. I'd be quite willing to pitch in. Maybe the damn thing will actually work on my phone....this site sure as hell doesn't.

JO

I suppose everyone is allowed to find their safe place.

Freedom of speech has found a safe space....no one is censored over there. Progressives are over there spitting and wisihng death and calling everyone a Trumptard and nothing happens to them. Well...actually something does happen to them...they kinda get drowned out in the exchange of a million conservative conversations per minute so actually it's kinda like a mosquito flying around your ear.

JO

You do understand that the moment your domain of eternal free speech starts taking in too many people with deviant and violent tendencies, the clamp will be applied so fast, it will make your SSD drive explode. :)

You fucking scumbags on the left just hate it when people get together and exercise their rights to free speech, and you can't control what they are saying.

They have every reason to be scared. This is why the students and teachers at colleges protest when a righty has a forum there.

When Republicans speak, some may drift off the plantation. In spite of the lies spread about the Republicans, they sit there and say "That makes a hell of a lot of sense!" So when we on the right are heard, they lose members of their party.

When Democrats speak, we don't dare try to stop them. We want the country and world to know what they're about. We ask if we can help; pass out some flyers, turn up the PA, anything. Because when they speak with their idiotic radical ideas, they chase more people to the right.

I wonder how long it will take before they come after the platform to close it down....my guess only a couple of months.

JO

I suppose everyone is allowed to find their safe place.

Freedom of speech has found a safe space....no one is censored over there. Progressives are over there spitting and wisihng death and calling everyone a Trumptard and nothing happens to them. Well...actually something does happen to them...they kinda get drowned out in the exchange of a million conservative conversations per minute so actually it's kinda like a mosquito flying around your ear.

JO

That will change. As soon one or more of you starts down that dark path and it results in harm or as soon as the place gets to be enough of a cesspool, you'll see a stricter TOS.
It's inevitable. And you'll also have to contend with the fact that if it becomes enough of a sewer, sane and reasonable people are going to leave.

I wonder how long it will take before they come after the platform to close it down....my guess only a couple of months.

Well sure. I haven't signed on yet, but people here are saying they have their share of liberals like any other social media. Remember when Bill Clinton was fining Microsoft a million dollars a day for what he classified as monopolies? It was BS. There was no monopoly because I'm a strict Apple user and never needed a Microsoft product in my life. They can do something similar with Parler.

This country is heading for a split for sure

Heading? No, we're split.

he is the leader of the conservative movement and it is growing like a mushroom and getting organized in a way that took the left five decades..

I don't know if you knew this, but we just had an election. The people gave the conservative movement the finger this time around.

the conservatives will do it in a matter of months. Then watch out baby.....you ain't seen NUTHIN until you've seen a large coordination of conservative interests.

*Yawn* Uh huh.

While you yawned 30,000 people joined Parler....
The people have been giving the conservative movement the finger for four years....Nov.3 means nothing....if Biden becomes an imposter POTUS that's fine....he will never succeed where the conservative movement is not only growing but getting more organized all the time. Oh....and it the time that it took me to type this response....another 30,000 people joined Parler...here's a clue... probably half of them are progressives.

JO

Whoopee.

Parler may be opening up a good old fashioned chat room soon....that will totally explode their membership. Bongino indicated that it is expensive from a hardware point of view...it may have a nominal membership fee. I'd be quite willing to pitch in. Maybe the damn thing will actually work on my phone....this site sure as hell doesn't.

Correct. They used to have a US Message Board app, but for whatever reason, it quit working. When I contacted them about it, they never responded.

I think if Parler makes enough money through advertising, maybe they won't need to charge just like here, although I do donate money to this service to help them along.

No they are not just censoring conspiracy theories. They are censoring a lot of politics that are in the parameters of Facebook and Twitter rules. They label it as hate speech.
This itself is a conspiracy theory. Conservatism is extremely well represented, perhaps even over represented on these platforms. Violent rhetoric, conspiracy theories are what will get you in trouble.

Like calling for Fauci’s head on a pike.
Ya, I read something about that. The majority of the voices on Twitter are conservative.

The main complaint of the main stream stalwarts has always been: "if you don't like it go build your own" ....lol! So now suddenly they don't like it! Parler is destroying Facebook and Twitter but what's worse is that people can actually get the news from that site....the actual news.....this horrifies the ministry of information!
They can no longer control the flow of information. It wont be long before they seek to shut it down.

Jo

I have never been to Facebook or Twitter and have no interest in Parler, either.

But if Parler has the honest news, I guess that it will be closed down -- on January 20, when the brilliant politicians Biden & Harris take over and turn this country into a paradise.

No they are not just censoring conspiracy theories. They are censoring a lot of politics that are in the parameters of Facebook and Twitter rules. They label it as hate speech.
This itself is a conspiracy theory. Conservatism is extremely well represented, perhaps even over represented on these platforms. Violent rhetoric, conspiracy theories are what will get you in trouble.

Ya, I read something about that. The majority of the voices on Twitter are conservative.

Next.

It’s true. This is part of the problem with algorithms driving discovery.

These people just went to MeWe and Parler.
BTW I am the guy in the black hat! Had a great time in DC.

1605476979486.png

Forum List

Back