President Trump hits back at China with tariffs

Morons unite. The dear leader leads his lemmings over the cliff. The only question is how many hundreds of thousands of American jobs will be lost.
/——/ We dropped our pants for China for decades, it’s about time we had a president who stood up for America

What do you mean we dropped our pants?
That is Trump style to stoke fears so innocent people like you believed his fucking stupidity. Dude he is running this country on his own not listening to his adviser.

Look at our BOOMING economy BIG TIME all over that I never seen before. Even other countries are getting lots benefits from our excellent economy.
DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE ARE LOOSING?

In reality we are kicking ass. Because of this nonsense trade wars that we don’t need. All of those are in jeopardy.

I have business in China. About 80% of my consumables are from China. Don’t blame me when your hospitals bills will climb up big time. You better pray you or your family don’t get sick.
/——/ enjoy your cheap china crap that destroys American jobs

Like I just said. Look at the BOOMING ECONOMY. Does it look like we are suffering or losing jobs. Look at the unemployment. All of those are in jeopardy.
/——/ Trump is fixing the trade imbalance which libs complained about for decades. Enjoy

Chinese steel is so cheap that products have been sold below their cost of production.
So you want the U.S. to start selling at a loss like China? :cuckoo:
/——-/ Uh no. Slap tariffs on Chink steel to give US steel makers a fighting chance.
We buy a negligible amount of steel from China. Trump exempted all of our biggest steel competitors from tariffs.
/——-/ Another Know Nothing Libtard.
China is selling a lot of steel to third countries, which then process the steel into products sold into the United States.
These countries then export products made with Chinese steel, at unfair prices, to the United States.
Tariffs on steel, aluminum are long overdue

Wrong dude. Your link is ONLY an OPINIONS probably a lobbyist.

I can guarantee you you don’t understand economy 101.

Of course China is selling a lot of steel to other countries. Who are we to stop them. That is pure business. Just like how we sell arms all over. So why is that bad?
So these foreign countries sell products made of Chinese steel then sell it to US. How are you going to stop that?

Results of those foreign products will sky rocket. That is where China will get even with their tariffs dilemma. At the same time our products are harder to sell overseas because it will make it unaffordable. That I guarantee you.
/—-/ So you reject an experts opinion and expect us to accept your opinion

Morons unite. The dear leader leads his lemmings over the cliff. The only question is how many hundreds of thousands of American jobs will be lost.
/——/ We dropped our pants for China for decades, it’s about time we had a president who stood up for America

That is Trump style to stoke fears so innocent people like you believed his fucking stupidity. Dude he is running this country on his own not listening to his adviser.

Look at our BOOMING economy BIG TIME all over that I never seen before. Even other countries are getting lots benefits from our excellent economy.

In reality we are kicking ass. Because of this nonsense trade wars that we don’t need. All of those are in jeopardy.

I have business in China. About 80% of my consumables are from China. Don’t blame me when your hospitals bills will climb up big time. You better pray you or your family don’t get sick.

Like I just said. Look at the BOOMING ECONOMY. Does it look like we are suffering or losing jobs. Look at the unemployment. All of those are in jeopardy.
/——/ Trump is fixing the trade imbalance which libs complained about for decades. Enjoy

Trump is not fixing anything but despicably destroying our good economy.

Since you have lots of economic experience. Can you share us why do think TRADE WARS is good for US economy? How can a trade wars fix these imbalances?

/——/ Mostly based on price.

Yep, that is a fact. And this trade war will increase the cost of pretty much everything...how well is that going to go over with the general populous?
/——-/ and yet you never offer an alternative solution.

An alternative solution to what? To the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of our country?

An alternative solution to historically low unemployment?

An alternative to record setting markets?

An alternative solution to raising wages?

Why do you want an alternative solution to those things?

If you think our trade deficit is too high, only buy shit made here, but do not try and use the Govt to dictate what I am allowed to buy
/——/ Because the Chinkes are flooding the country with cheap crap and libs spent decades complying about it and bashed Walmart, and American flags made in China. That’s why.

So, because China flooded the market with stuff we wanted to buy you want to see an end to the current economic expansion and want unemployment to go up?

No wonder you are a Trump zealot

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Moscow orders to trump is to crash the US economy. Otherwise he will owe the Oligarchs the Billions he has racked up.

Tax cuts....a deficit busting budget....and a tariff war will make Putin smile.....

So you want the U.S. to start selling at a loss like China? :cuckoo:
/——-/ Uh no. Slap tariffs on Chink steel to give US steel makers a fighting chance.
We buy a negligible amount of steel from China. Trump exempted all of our biggest steel competitors from tariffs.
/——-/ Another Know Nothing Libtard.
China is selling a lot of steel to third countries, which then process the steel into products sold into the United States.
These countries then export products made with Chinese steel, at unfair prices, to the United States.
Tariffs on steel, aluminum are long overdue

Wrong dude. Your link is ONLY an OPINIONS probably a lobbyist.

I can guarantee you you don’t understand economy 101.

Of course China is selling a lot of steel to other countries. Who are we to stop them. That is pure business. Just like how we sell arms all over. So why is that bad?
So these foreign countries sell products made of Chinese steel then sell it to US. How are you going to stop that?

Results of those foreign products will sky rocket. That is where China will get even with their tariffs dilemma. At the same time our products are harder to sell overseas because it will make it unaffordable. That I guarantee you.
/—-/ So you reject an experts opinion and expect us to accept your opinion

What expert opinion? Only expert opinions I heard are from all over experience and reputable Economists that are against your Trump. Even 100 GOPs sent him a letter to stop this stupidity.

Instead of giving a one sentence rebuttal.
Why don’t you tell or prove me where I’m wrong?

This from the hypocrite that admitted to using a phone from China! You destroyer of American jobs!

This from the hypocrite that admitted to using a phone from China! You destroyer of American jobs!
/——/ Yes I bought the best cell phone out there. Now change the laws do they can be made cheaply here. Libs environment laws, labor laws and taxes closed down US businesses with glee.

/——/ Yes I bought the best cell phone out there. Now change the laws do they can be made cheaply here. Libs environment laws, labor laws and taxes closed down US businesses with glee.

So, what you want is for US workers to be able to work under the same conditions as those in the Chinese factories and make the same wages?

And, you think that would be good for American workers?

Well, that is a new one

I thought it was a republican presidential candidate that said if you're getting raped sit back and enjoy it? I guess you all on the left believe it, You all on the left want us to sit back and enjoy being raped by China. too funny. ooops.

I love this response, it's basically an answer to China who hit America with tariffs on $3B, which were strategically placed on GOP candidates areas.

"Oh yeah ya little Intellectual Property thieving sob's? I will see your $3B and hit you with $50B more, AND a complaint with the toothless WTO just for kicks".

Let see who gets hit most, China who has a $500B a year fleecing of America, or the U.S.

The US will as the price of everything goes up and that tax cuts gets eaten up and then some.

What happens when they throw a tariff on our soybeans and the grain farmers now have no market. In the US this year there is for only the 3 time in history more soybeans planned to be planted than corn. Going to suck hard when the floor drops out of the market.
it's that or sit back and enjoy the rape on our citizens. seems you're good with that. You and Clayton Williams.

I love this response, it's basically an answer to China who hit America with tariffs on $3B, which were strategically placed on GOP candidates areas.

"Oh yeah ya little Intellectual Property thieving sob's? I will see your $3B and hit you with $50B more, AND a complaint with the toothless WTO just for kicks".

Let see who gets hit most, China who has a $500B a year fleecing of America, or the U.S.

The US will as the price of everything goes up and that tax cuts gets eaten up and then some.

What happens when they throw a tariff on our soybeans and the grain farmers now have no market. In the US this year there is for only the 3 time in history more soybeans planned to be planted than corn. Going to suck hard when the floor drops out of the market.
it's that or sit back and enjoy the rape on our citizens. seems you're good with that. You and Clayton Williams.

The "rape of our citizens"...

We are in the midst of the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of our country with historically low unemployment and raising wages...and in the mind of a statist, that constitutes rape.

Well, let's just say that you and I have a very different idea of what rape is.

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
China Tariffs Could Wreck Republicans in November
Pain from trade war could hit Midwestern states with pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in 2018.
By
Joshua Green
April 4, 2018, 1:40 PM EDT
1000x-1.png

President Trump may insist—as he did on Twitter Wednesday morning—“We are not in a trade war with China,” but the $50 billion in tariffs his administration proposes putting on Chinese goods has already spooked markets, with a broad sell-off hitting U.S. stocks. The damage could also extend to the U.S. midterm elections.

would issue 25 percent retaliatory levies on roughly $50 billion of U.S. imports, including soybeans, cars, chemicals and aircraft. These levies appear to be targeted at states, particularly in the Midwest, where Trump’s support is strongest. But, crucially, many of these states also have pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in November. The economic blow from new tariffs could upend many of these races, potentially shifting control of statehouses and the U.S. Senate to Democrats.

1000x-1.png

Take soybeans. In the 2016 election, Trump won eight of the 10 states with the largest soybean acreage, all of them in the Midwest. Many of those same states are now host to some of the country’s closest races for Senate (Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota) and governor (Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota).

Political experts say the economic impact of Chinese tariffs on farmers may play out at the ballot box in November. “The farm community is a pretty powerful voting bloc,” said Jennifer Duffy, who follows Senate and governors races for the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. “If they are unhappy, they turn out in big numbers and can really change things in a hurry.”

That’s a potential boon for Democratic candidates. Three of the four most vulnerable Democratic Senate incumbents hail from Indiana, Missouri, and North Dakota—states that stand to be hit hardest by Chinese soybean tariffs.

And it’s bad news for Republicans. In Illinois, whose 10.6 million acres of soybeans are more than any other state’s, the incumbent governor, Bruce Rauner, already trails his Democratic challenger, Hyatt hotel heir J.B. Pritzker, according to recent polls. Republicans are also defending statehouses in what are expected to be close races in Wisconsin and Ohio.

“This could be very good for Democrats,” said Duffy. “Trump started this. It makes Republicans’ bid to hold the Senate harder. And it might even make Republicans start looking over their shoulder at places that shouldn’t be competitive, like Nebraska and Mississippi, where the Democrat, Mike Espy, is a former Agriculture secretary.”

(Corrects the title of the map of planned soybean acreage in 2018.)

We are in the midst of the 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of our country with historically low unemployment and raising wages...and in the mind of a statist, that constitutes rape.

just as I stated it. trade ifference in dollars is 800 billion, but what they fk do you care, you enjoy rape.

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
Pain from trade war could hit Midwestern states with pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in 2018.
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

President Trump may insist—as he did on Twitter Wednesday morning—“We are not in a trade war with China,” but the $50 billion in tariffs his administration proposes putting on Chinese goods has already spooked markets, with a broad sell-off hitting U.S. stocks. The damage could also extend to the U.S. midterm elections.

would issue 25 percent retaliatory levies on roughly $50 billion of U.S. imports, including soybeans, cars, chemicals and aircraft. These levies appear to be targeted at states, particularly in the Midwest, where Trump’s support is strongest. But, crucially, many of these states also have pivotal Senate and gubernatorial races in November. The economic blow from new tariffs could upend many of these races, potentially shifting control of statehouses and the U.S. Senate to Democrats.

1000x-1.png

Take soybeans. In the 2016 election, Trump won eight of the 10 states with the largest soybean acreage, all of them in the Midwest. Many of those same states are now host to some of the country’s closest races for Senate (Missouri, Indiana, North Dakota) and governor (Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota).

Political experts say the economic impact of Chinese tariffs on farmers may play out at the ballot box in November. “The farm community is a pretty powerful voting bloc,” said Jennifer Duffy, who follows Senate and governors races for the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. “If they are unhappy, they turn out in big numbers and can really change things in a hurry.”

That’s a potential boon for Democratic candidates. Three of the four most vulnerable Democratic Senate incumbents hail from Indiana, Missouri, and North Dakota—states that stand to be hit hardest by Chinese soybean tariffs.

And it’s bad news for Republicans. In Illinois, whose 10.6 million acres of soybeans are more than any other state’s, the incumbent governor, Bruce Rauner, already trails his Democratic challenger, Hyatt hotel heir J.B. Pritzker, according to recent polls. Republicans are also defending statehouses in what are expected to be close races in Wisconsin and Ohio.

“This could be very good for Democrats,” said Duffy. “Trump started this. It makes Republicans’ bid to hold the Senate harder. And it might even make Republicans start looking over their shoulder at places that shouldn’t be competitive, like Nebraska and Mississippi, where the Democrat, Mike Espy, is a former Agriculture secretary.”

exactly bring it on. I love it. Trump will win and none of that will happen. watch and see. don't put your cart in front of your mouse.

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

1000x-1.png

exactly bring it on. I love it. Trump will win and none of that will happen. watch and see. don't put your cart in front of your mouse.
You live in one of those tariff states??? This is cracking me up and btw that 800 billion a year in the hole is BS

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

1000x-1.png

You live in one of those tariff states??? This is cracking me up and btw that 800 billion a year in the hole is BS
prove my number in error.

just as I stated it. trade ifference in dollars is 800 billion, but what they fk do you care, you enjoy rape.

Does your grocery store rape you since you have a trade deficit with them?

Are you raping your employer since they have a trade deficit with you?

I think you throw around the word rape a bit too easily.

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

1000x-1.png

hard to prove but not counting the intellectual property for 300 billion I heard more than one on tv call the 500 billion more of trumps lies

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

1000x-1.png

The overall United States trade deficit in goods and services with the world widened 12.1 percent to $566 billion last year,

U.S.-China Trade Deficit Hits Record, Fueling Trade Fight

YES BRING ON TARIFFS
By
Joshua Green
1000x-1.png

1000x-1.png

This was only the third time in history that soybeans were expected to be planted more than corn, and now there is a trade war and these folks are fucked.

Forum List

Back