Question for Trump supporters: Would this be okay with you?

No, it's the free shit that will keep them voting Democrat. Why should I pretend it's any different when we both know it isn't?

Believe what you want. If you chose to think insults like that will endear you to minorities, I urge you to say it loud and often.
First of all, not all minorities are slaves to public assistance. Second, I'm not interested in being endeared to the ones who have no self respect. If they can't respect themselves, they don't deserve any respect from me or anyone else, and believe me, no one respects someone who takes handouts all their life and thinks that's ok.

That's what I urge you to say often and loud. It's an amazing outreach technique the right has developed.
I said I'm not interested in reaching out to them, what part of that don't you understand?

Then quit whining when they don't vote your way.
I don't whine about it. Sorry you don't like my answer, get over it.

If they did that wouldn't that be like saying there is no Republican party? and voters really do not count?
They're shitting bricks. It's beginning to look like they'd rather lose the general than back Trump. So outside of just bending over and taking it, this would be their only option.

yep, that is the scenario being pushed by the Mrs. Clinton backers. What the hell it is not like primaries have not been contentious before.
I don't remember the previous candidate of major party deploring people not to vote for the front-runner, or several national members of a party publicly distancing themselves from that same candidate.

Of course, I don't recall a major candidate talking about his dick during a debate before, either.

No, in my opinion what people who keep saying this crap want is for the RNC to torpedo Trump. I seriously do not see why anyone who thinks Mrs. Clinton is clearly the best give a crap about Trump or the RNC. What is unique is the attack. Trump is clearly the front runner and clearly an outsider and folks just are not used to both. So they must try and destroy Trump to maintain the same old same old.

i realize you think that the RNC should destroy Trump, but that is not going to happen.

As for the RNC, try reading what THEY have to say:

Republican leaders’ silence on Trump is inexcusable — and irrational

Resize Text
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...067fa-d9af-11e5-925f-1d10062cc82d_story.html#
ON SUNDAY, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus whether the party would back Donald Trump should he win the GOP nomination. “Yes, we will support the nominee,” the Republican chairman replied. “To me, it’s a no-brainer.” Mr. Stephanopoulos asked if a Trump nomination would split the party. “Winning is the antidote to a lot of things,” Mr. Priebus responded.

If they did that wouldn't that be like saying there is no Republican party? and voters really do not count?
They're shitting bricks. It's beginning to look like they'd rather lose the general than back Trump. So outside of just bending over and taking it, this would be their only option.

yep, that is the scenario being pushed by the Mrs. Clinton backers. What the hell it is not like primaries have not been contentious before.
I don't remember the previous candidate of major party deploring people not to vote for the front-runner, or several national members of a party publicly distancing themselves from that same candidate.

Of course, I don't recall a major candidate talking about his dick during a debate before, either.

No, in my opinion what people who keep saying this crap want is for the RNC to torpedo Trump. I seriously do not see why anyone who thinks Mrs. Clinton is clearly the best give a crap about Trump or the RNC. What is unique is the attack. Trump is clearly the front runner and clearly an outsider and folks just are not used to both. So they must try and destroy Trump to maintain the same old same old.

i realize you think that the RNC should destroy Trump, but that is not going to happen.

Resize Text
ON SUNDAY, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus whether the party would back Donald Trump should he win the GOP nomination. “Yes, we will support the nominee,” the Republican chairman replied. “To me, it’s a no-brainer.” Mr. Stephanopoulos asked if a Trump nomination would split the party. “Winning is the antidote to a lot of things,” Mr. Priebus responded.
I really don't think it's his "outsider" status.

I think it's his behavior.

Resize Text

He is not real polished, or just speaks his mind, and what everyone is really thinking but are too PC to say so. Considering the majority of your posts have dealt with being PC one would think that someone so non-PC would inspire you. Or maybe that is the problem, you think he should be more PC and all your post bitchin' about being PC were BS.

Kinda funny, that something Rubio brought up about Trump and Rubio is forgotten.

Resize Text

He is not real polished, or just speaks his mind, and what everyone is really thinking but are too PC to say so. Considering the majority of your posts have dealt with being PC one would think that someone so non-PC would inspire you. Or maybe that is the problem, you think he should be more PC and all your post bitchin' about being PC were BS.

Kinda funny, that something Rubio brought up about Trump and Rubio is forgotten.
I see a difference between PC's attempt to strangle open conversation and forgiving a major presidential candidate for acting like he's 15. "Hey, cool, he's talking about his dick in a major, nationally-televised debate, I love the way he's not PC". Holy crap. He's certainly welcome to behave that way, and I certainly wouldn't try to silence him.

What is on his mind appears to be polls, insulting people, his hurt feelings, rambling stream of consciousness, manic hyperbole and playing to the crowd. So yeah, he definitely does speak his mind, for what that's worth. All I'm saying is I don't get the attraction, and I can understand why more moderate Republicans don't either.

Resize Text

I see a difference between PC's attempt to strangle open conversation and forgiving a major presidential candidate for acting like he's 15. "Hey, cool, he's talking about his dick in a major, nationally-televised debate, I love the way he's not PC". Holy crap. He's certainly welcome to behave that way, and I certainly wouldn't try to silence him.

What is on his mind appears to be polls, insulting people, his hurt feelings, rambling stream of consciousness, manic hyperbole and playing to the crowd. All I'm saying is I don't get the attraction, and I can understand why more moderate Republicans don't either.

I don't even know what he supposedly said about his dick but what I heard it was in response to what Rubio had said. That's what is so great about the situation, Trump says crap like that, you folks get your shorts in a knot and he just wins bigger. I really don't think you are getting what the Trump phenomena is all about.

But, why don't you write him a letter and tell him you think he should be more PC.

Why should the Republicans run more moderate candidates? McCain might as well be a democrat and Romney is not far behind.

Resize Text

What is on his mind appears to be polls, insulting people, his hurt feelings, rambling stream of consciousness, manic hyperbole and playing to the crowd. All I'm saying is I don't get the attraction, and I can understand why more moderate Republicans don't either.

I don't even know what he supposedly said about his dick but what I heard it was in response to what Rubio had said. That's what is so great about the situation, Trump says crap like that, you folks get your shorts in a knot and he just wins bigger. I really don't think you are getting what the Trump phenomena is all about.

But, why don't you write him a letter and tell him you think he should be more PC.
Agreed, I definitely don't get it.

And you don't get my point on PC.

No, their option - and the one they'll probably go with if Trump wins the nomination - is passive resistance: fine, he's the official candidate, and we won't badmouth him, but we also won't give him money or support.

Basically, damning him with faint praise.

Resize Text

Why should the Republicans run more moderate candidates? McCain might as well be a democrat and Romney is not far behind.

Oh, we "get" the Trump "phenomena". Why do you think we have so little respect for it?

The fact that you people can't tell the difference between "politically incorrect" and "repulsively offensive and trashy" is just the tip of the iceberg, Captain Titanic.

No, their option - and the one they'll probably go with if Trump wins the nomination - is passive resistance: fine, he's the official candidate, and we won't badmouth him, but we also won't give him money or support.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that's what they'll have to do, and put most of their energy into the House & Senate races.

From what I'm hearing, the GOP establishment is trying to downplay the possibility of a brokered convention. Surely they know it would cause a huge revolt within their own party. And regardless, there's nothing they can do if he gets the required votes.

Also, Trump's supporters have made it pretty clear that they've had it with the GOP and really don't care what it thinks about Trump. Okay.

So here's my question: Would you mind if the "establishment" ran and backed a more moderate Republican, like a Romney or a Ryan or a Rubio, and ran them third party?

The thing the establishment fears is stabbing Trump in the back and he goes to run as a third party.

They may not mind giving the election to Hillary just to keep Trump out, but they are not going to destroy the entire party to do it.

The Republican party is one that is on the verge of collapse between the establishment and the TP types. The establishment pretty much runs the show so they are doing what they can so that the TP doesn't actually break off and become their own party. That would insure Democrat leadership for the next few decades.

The RNC is desperate. They are dragging out their past losers like McCain and Romney to try and talk people out of voting for Trump. But I don't think it will go much further than that.

I certainly won't argue that the GOPe is utterly, completely tone-deaf to virtually everyone in the country except themselves. It's just astonishing to watch.

From what I'm hearing, the GOP establishment is trying to downplay the possibility of a brokered convention. Surely they know it would cause a huge revolt within their own party. And regardless, there's nothing they can do if he gets the required votes.

Also, Trump's supporters have made it pretty clear that they've had it with the GOP and really don't care what it thinks about Trump. Okay.

So here's my question: Would you mind if the "establishment" ran and backed a more moderate Republican, like a Romney or a Ryan or a Rubio, and ran them third party?

No, it would not be ok.

Trump represents the anger and frustration Americans are feeling from GOP betrayals and that attitude of "You'll just have to take it because you've got nowhere else to go". It seems that the GOP is willing to give the election to the Democrats to prevent Trump from getting elected and ruining their gravy train club in Washington but hard working Americans who once trusted the GOP are equally as willing to leave the party. Why stay when both parties have become one in the same?

Yeah, yeah, you're angry. I note, however, that you have no objection to that "Suck it, you have no other choice, so screw you" attitude when YOU are the one dishing it out.

They're shitting bricks. It's beginning to look like they'd rather lose the general than back Trump. So outside of just bending over and taking it, this would be their only option..
They would destroy the Republican party if they did that. The rank and file would all join a new party that didn't include the establishment.

The thing the establishment fears is stabbing Trump in the back and he goes to run as a third party.

They may not mind giving the election to Hillary just to keep Trump out, but they are not going to destroy the entire party to do it.

The Republican party is one that is on the verge of collapse between the establishment and the TP types. The establishment pretty much runs the show so they are doing what they can so that the TP doesn't actually break off and become their own party. That would insure Democrat leadership for the next few decades.

The RNC is desperate. They are dragging out their past losers like McCain and Romney to try and talk people out of voting for Trump. But I don't think it will go much further than that.
Yeah, they're in a no-win. I'd agree there would be more damage if they go too far, so (assuming he gets the delegates) I'd guess they would just do the minimum in terms of supporting Trump and they wouldn't protest to loudly when people like Romney have their say.

The Republican Party is staggering around on its last legs unless the voters somehow manage to choose a candidate more palatable than Trump. Their leadership has systematically managed to alienate every single person who might have been inclined to support them, other than diehard establishment fans.

For no reason I can fathom, they are still insisting on trying to manipulate things to give themselves THEIR ideal candidate, because they still don't get how hopeless that scenario is.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that's what they'll have to do, and put most of their energy into the House & Senate races.

Well, they have the option of holding their noses and coalescing around Cruz, which would at least put them back in touch with their conservative base. But they can't wrap their heads around the idea that there's no world in which they get to play puppetmaster and get the bland, milquetoast "company man" they want, and so they're going to refuse to do it until it's too late to do them any good.

They're shitting bricks. It's beginning to look like they'd rather lose the general than back Trump. So outside of just bending over and taking it, this would be their only option..
They would destroy the Republican party if they did that. The rank and file would all join a new party that didn't include the establishment.

Yeah, they're in a no-win. I'd agree there would be more damage if they go too far, so (assuming he gets the delegates) I'd guess they would just do the minimum in terms of supporting Trump and they wouldn't protest to loudly when people like Romney have their say.

The Republican Party is staggering around on its last legs unless the voters somehow manage to choose a candidate more palatable than Trump. Their leadership has systematically managed to alienate every single person who might have been inclined to support them, other than diehard establishment fans.

For no reason I can fathom, they are still insisting on trying to manipulate things to give themselves THEIR ideal candidate, because they still don't get how hopeless that scenario is.
Well, the thing about Trump and this election cycle is that he could actually win. As utterly ridiculous and cartoonish as Trump is, Hillary is pretty flawed herself.

Either way, this election does give the loudest voices in the GOP a chance to do things their way. If Trump or Cruz or Trump/Cruz is not the ticket, then they'll keep saying that the only reason they lose presidential elections is because their candidate is not conservative enough.

So, great: They should do it their way and get it out of their system, seems to me.

Trump represents the anger and frustration Americans are feeling from GOP betrayals and that attitude of "You'll just have to take it because you've got nowhere else to go". It seems that the GOP is willing to give the election to the Democrats to prevent Trump from getting elected and ruining their gravy train club in Washington but hard working Americans who once trusted the GOP are equally as willing to leave the party. Why stay when both parties have become one in the same?

Yeah, yeah, you're angry. I note, however, that you have no objection to that "Suck it, you have no other choice, so screw you" attitude when YOU are the one dishing it out.
Go away, stalker.

Resize Text

Oh, we "get" the Trump "phenomena". Why do you think we have so little respect for it?

The fact that you people can't tell the difference between "politically incorrect" and "repulsively offensive and trashy" is just the tip of the iceberg, Captain Titanic.

Look at it this way, Trump gives that never vote any way other the democrat an out for once again holding their nose and voting for the equally repulsive Mrs. Tuluza Clinton. Stay with the same old same old, it has done as well so far.

Isn't it funny how you never see the Democrats do anything like this? I don't think the DNC was crazy about DumBama either, until they seen how popular he was getting, and then (unlike the Republicans) they jumped on the bandwagon.

The establishment is pissed, but fails to understand that it's because of them that there is a Trump in the first place. Instead of blaming themselves for the creation they made, they get mad at Trump.

I've asked several times, but haven't received a strait answer yet. How is what Trump says much different from what right wing radio has been saying for years?
Your not well like. Maybe you are not deserving of an answer.

Could be, but it's a pertinent question. I'm just trying to figure out exactly why the GOP hates Trump so much.

Not all of the GOP, mostly it's the establishment.

For instance Limbaugh and O'Reilly are friends with Trump. On the other hand, Michael Medved and Beck hate Trump and don't hide it. Trump is dividing the party even more so and the establishment is upset by this. They were hoping the TP would just fade away and now Trump is reigniting it.

In one regard, though, Trump is a uniter. Disgust and loathing for him are damned near the only thing that conservatives, independents, AND liberals have been able to agree on for as long as I can remember.

Isn't it funny how you never see the Democrats do anything like this? I don't think the DNC was crazy about DumBama either, until they seen how popular he was getting, and then (unlike the Republicans) they jumped on the bandwagon.

The establishment is pissed, but fails to understand that it's because of them that there is a Trump in the first place. Instead of blaming themselves for the creation they made, they get mad at Trump.

I've asked several times, but haven't received a strait answer yet. How is what Trump says much different from what right wing radio has been saying for years?
Your not well like. Maybe you are not deserving of an answer.

Could be, but it's a pertinent question. I'm just trying to figure out exactly why the GOP hates Trump so much.

Not all of the GOP, mostly it's the establishment.

For instance Limbaugh and O'Reilly are friends with Trump. On the other hand, Michael Medved and Beck hate Trump and don't hide it. Trump is dividing the party even more so and the establishment is upset by this. They were hoping the TP would just fade away and now Trump is reigniting it.

In one regard, though, Trump is a uniter. Disgust and loathing for him are damned near the only thing that conservatives, independents, AND liberals have been able to agree on for as long as I can remember.

You assume too much.

Forum List

Back