Quick History lesson

It's great that the inmates in this thread have had to resort to calling Jefferson Davis a liberal in order to try to make their myth work.

More than I could ever have hoped for.

Before 1964, the Southern faction of the democrat party was entirely racist. The Northern faction, not so much. But the Northern faction still had to kiss up to the Southern faction to win any national elections and to get anything done

When you looked at how the North reacted to integration in the 1970's, I think you'll see that they were just as racist as the South.

The most racist guy I've EVER met was a Chicago Democrat who'd moved to Michigan and worked on the assembly line for GM.

The way the scum of the Earth dimocraps took over the North was to import Hundreds of Thousands of Blacks to the Cities by promising welfare.

There was a Supreme Court ruling on that, I think. Maybe it was based on voting status. Whatever, but they got away with it.

They simply loaded up hundreds of thousands of Black people from the very poor Rural South and shipped them north. Every one of them equipped with at least one voter ID card.

Look, I don't care if they had been Appalachians as white as the driven snow. Or any other group of a different race, but the fact is this.......

These people were very poor, very unsophisticated, very backward, very uneducated, very disease-ridden, sometimes very violent, and very new to the neighborhood.

I lived in Cleveland (outside it, actually) and I can tell you, there was a great deal of prejudice in those days.

But not just against Blacks. It was jokingly noted that West (By God) Virginia taught the "Three R's"..... Readin', writin' and the Road to Cleveland."

The Croatians hated the Serbs. I guess there was quite the little war while trying to board ships in the Adriatic to make the voyage to the US. I heard that the Serbs were pouring hot water on the Croats trying to board the Ship. What ship? I dunno, the USS Kishka? :dunno:

The Italians hated everybody. Except other Italians. And they spent a lot of of time proving it by shooting each other and planting bombs in their Italian friends' cars.

The Germans stayed aloof and mostly drank a lot of beer.

The original inhabitants moved to the burbs and called everybody else names.

And not really inaccurate ones, either.

I went in the Army in the 60's and took the Bus home a lot. I could actually pocket money out of my travel pay.

But I only took the Bus to Cleveland a couple times. I swear to you, I thought they were making a Tarzan movie in Cleveland when I got there. There was so many Black people, I couldn't believe it. And they were being loud, rude and pushy.

So I'm not letting the North off the hook, but I'm telling you.... They had their reasons back then. It wasn't really racial prejudice as much as it was not wanting to put up with a bunch more new DPs (Displaced Persons) again.

Shit gets old. Especially when they don't want to 'fit in'. As in, take a bath and learn to speak the language, to start with.

Your two Northeastern Cities (NYC and Bawstan), north of Philly, didn't get the onslaught of Blacks that the Rust Belt area got. And no, that wasn't an accident.

Yea, let's just not talk about history. It is much better to carry on with your preconceived notions.

Quiet you. White men had plenty access to vote, black people were being oppressed, .

Wrong, read about the ironclad oath. Many confederate veterans couldn't vote(including my ancestors), and black republicans had power in several southern states during reconstruction. The Klan fought for the rights of disenfranchised southern voters. They were necessary in restoring the voting rights of many southerners and won in the end, driving out the occupying Federal Troops in 1878. The first Klan was one of the most successful guerilla/ dissident political organizations in history.

The KKK was responsible for that. Exactly. They oppressed black voters, that in turn led to the Democratic white segregationists taking over the south for a great deal of a century. So, what of the night riders who forced black republicans to vote for democrats or face the consequences? Hmm? They spent the majority of their time disenfranchising black and white voters alike!

I know my history, yours is revisionist history.

who said they were the same individuals? just the same party

So you're admitting that there is no real connection between modern day Democrats and some people who called themselves Democrats in the 1860's.

Good for you. Now tell us the point of your thread.

point of the thread? that throughout the history of this nation the democrat party has been the party of racism, hatred, and discrimination. It continues today, but in more subtle ways than lynchings. Democrat oppression of minorities by making them dependent on government handouts i.e. virtual slaves to the govt masta, may not be as bad as actual slavery, but its close.

So giving Medicaid to sick children is just a subtle way of lynching them.

Tell us, how would those poor children (most of whom are white btw) be better off if they were forced to go without medical treatment for lack of government help to pay for it?

Explain that in detail, and as coherently as you can given your limitations.

What does the Republican Party of 150 years ago have to do with the Republican Party of today?

Well, plenty. Both of them advocated limited government, (Jeffersonian concept) and individual liberty. Believe it or not they advocate racial equality, same as the party of old.

I certainly do, hence my reaction to Iceman.

We are the party of the Constitution, the solemn compact which confirms our God-given individual rights and assures that all Americans stand equal before the law.

In the spirit of the Constitution, we consider discrimination based on sex, race, age, religion, creed, disability, or national origin unacceptable and immoral. We will strongly enforce antidiscrimination statutes and ask all to join us in rejecting the forces of hatred and bigotry and in denouncing all who practice or promote racism, anti- Semitism, ethnic prejudice, or religious intolerance.

-2012 Republican Platform

How is forcing states back into the union against their will a jeffersonian concept, or a principle of limited government? Or getting rid of Habeas Corpus? Or shutting down newspapers? Do you also know that Lincoln instituted the first income tax in the United States?

Lincoln was a progressive.

Redfish has floundered (heh heh) throughout this thread.

The lure of rightwing mythology has hooked many a sucker. lol

Look, uber-douche. We're talking Republicans and Democrats here. Not some shadowy 'conservative v. liberal' or 'progressive' bullshit.

That's what you douchebags do all the time.

What the FUCK is a liberal? There is no such thing as a liberal. There is no liberal party, there is no progressive party and there is no conservative party.

I am more liberal on some things than any of you self-professed progressives are. By a wide margin.

There are only Republicans and the scum of the scum of the Earth -- dimocraps.

This is just another example of dimocraps like you trying to avoid responsibility. You won't take the name of the party, you alternately describe yourselves as 'liberal' or 'progressive' whenever the mood suits you because; it makes it harder to pin you down.

Whatever cause is out there, whatever wrongs have been done, you can escape responsibility by calling yourselves liberals or progressives.

Just like when more dimocraps in the Senate voted for the Iraq War than against it, you crawl into your Rabbit Hole and claim no responsibility because you're a progressive, not a dimocrap.

Now, what you're doing is trying to pin the KKK on conservatives, whoever the fuck they are, in the South,

They were dimocrap scum. Just like you. Just like the racists and the anti-semites in the dimocrap party today.

Bottom line? You're cowards. You refuse to take responsibility for your past.

Or your present. Because you're cowards.

And liars.

I hate dimocraps

The gop once supported soc sec and medicare though.

Now conservatives believe that providing affordable healthcare to the elderly enslaves them on some plantation of the elderly,

or something.

the elderly already had affordable healthcare---its called medicare. You know, the program that obama stole 700 billion from in order to help fund obamacare.

ACA does NOTHING good for people on medicare. Its affects are all negative since it takes money from the program.

It's great that the inmates in this thread have had to resort to calling Jefferson Davis a liberal in order to try to make their myth work.

We learned on other threads that Susan B Anthony was a staunch Conservative as well. The right wing is so ashamed of itself that it's trying to import liberals and claim them as their own. It if were not such a nakedly sad display of intellecutual dishonesty, it would be funny to watch.

13th amendment: abolished slavery
100% republican support, 23% democrat support

14th amendment: gave citizenship to freed slaves
94% republican support, 0% democrat support

15th amendment: right to vote for all
100% republican support, 0% democrat support

Obamacare
0% republican support
100% democrat support

Need I say more? :eusa_whistle:

History. Why don't repubs get the black vote now? Whatever repubs did back then is history and I'm sure those republicans of old wouldn't claim modern republicans as their own. If a black person needs reassurance that republicans are no longer the same as they were back in those olden times, then he just has to read a few posts on this board by repubs. "Free stuff" and blacks mentioned together often. He just has to read what republicans think about who ruined cities such as detroit. Hate for unions which blacks belong to of course, along with hateful references to Obama's race. Now if modern day republicans would post about some compensation to blacks for the hundreds of years of free labor gotten from black people's ancestors which helped America become the wealthy country that it is...... Any takers?

Quiet you. White men had plenty access to vote, black people were being oppressed, .

Wrong, read about the ironclad oath. Many confederate veterans couldn't vote(including my ancestors), and black republicans had power in several southern states during reconstruction. The Klan fought for the rights of disenfranchised southern voters. They were necessary in restoring the voting rights of many southerners and won in the end, driving out the occupying Federal Troops in 1878. The first Klan was one of the most successful guerilla/ dissident political organizations in history.

The KKK was responsible for that. Exactly. They oppressed black voters, that in turn led to the Democratic white segregationists taking over the south for a great deal of a century. So, what of the night riders who forced black republicans to vote for democrats or face the consequences? Hmm? They spent the majority of their time disenfranchising black and white voters alike!

I know my history, yours is revisionist history.

I never denied they suppressed republican(mostly northern transplants and carpetbaggers and southern scalawags) and black voters. So what? Why should they let their birthright be taken from them?

So you're admitting that there is no real connection between modern day Democrats and some people who called themselves Democrats in the 1860's.

Good for you. Now tell us the point of your thread.

point of the thread? that throughout the history of this nation the democrat party has been the party of racism, hatred, and discrimination. It continues today, but in more subtle ways than lynchings. Democrat oppression of minorities by making them dependent on government handouts i.e. virtual slaves to the govt masta, may not be as bad as actual slavery, but its close.

So giving Medicaid to sick children is just a subtle way of lynching them.

Tell us, how would those poor children (most of whom are white btw) be better off if they were forced to go without medical treatment for lack of government help to pay for it?

Explain that in detail, and as coherently as you can given your limitations.

medicaid did not start with ACA. the GOP voted for both medicare and medicaid. No where did I say that medicaid and medicare should be eliminated.

The thread is about democrat hypocrisy----past and present.

you and fluke have tried and failed to change the subject---------I give you both an F minus.

We learned on other threads that Susan B Anthony was a staunch Conservative as well. The right wing is so ashamed of itself that it's trying to import liberals and claim them as their own. It if were not such a nakedly sad display of intellecutual dishonesty, it would be funny to watch.

Pretty much. But no one that knows history takes them seriously.

Forum List

Back